[外電] All-Defense: Who brought the D this …

看板Celtics作者 (.....................)時間16年前 (2008/04/11 16:16), 編輯推噓6(712)
留言10則, 7人參與, 最新討論串1/1
http://0rz.tw/c23R9 All-Defense: Who brought the D this season? It's time, once again, for the year-end awards, and there's one set of awards in particular that's extremely difficult to hand out. 又到了年中要頒獎的時候了,其中特別有一組獎項非常難選出來。 I'm referring to the All-Defense team, because choosing one remains as much art as science. Despite the best efforts of numbers guys, like me, to shine some light on individual defense, there still are many dark corners. 我說的是年度防守第一隊,因為要選擇出來是一種藝術,也是一種科學(?)。儘管一些 數據專家(像我)很努力要給一些防守專家一點愛,還是有很多沒被照顧到的球員。 Nonetheless, we have a couple of numbers that can prove useful. One of my favorites is "points saved," with the idea being to compare what a player's team gave up when he was on the court (numbers from 82games.com) to what it was expected to give up based on previous results. The latter figure can be calculated by taking the minutes a player played in a game, multiplying it by the team's points allowed in that game and dividing by 48 (or 53 for an overtime game). 然而,我們有些被證明有用的數字。我最愛的其中一種是"points saved",這是用該 球員在場上時球隊失去的分數(數字來自82games.com),與本來會丟掉的分數相比較。 後面那個數字可以用如下的方式算出:該球員在比賽中的上場時間乘以球隊在那場丟 的分數,再除以48(如果是延長賽就除以53)。 The result is far from perfect, but with just a couple of exceptions, it reflects the general hierarchy of who is good at defense and who isn't. The first caveat is that it's much easier to look good in this rating on a bad defensive team than on a good defensive team, which is why I included an adjustment for a team's defensive efficiency rating on the season. The second is what I call the "bad backup" effect, the idea being that it's easier to have a good "points saved" figure if the man replacing you is a particularly bad defensive player. 這個結果離完美還很遠,但是除了一些例外情形,它仍能反映出誰的防守好,誰的防 守不好的層次。第一個要注意的是,在一支防守不好的球隊裡,這個數字很容易會看 起來比在一支防守好的球隊裡好。這就是我會依據球隊的Defensive Efficiency Rating 作一些調整的原因。第二個要注意的,我會稱之為”壞替補”效應。也就是如果你的 替補防守特別差的話,要有一個好的”points saved”會比較容易。 The final point is more nefarious, however, because it directly relates to what we're trying to measure. A lot of good defensive players spend their time matched up against opponents' best offensive players. In fact, a lot of coaches intentionally match their ace defender's minutes with the opposing star's. 然而,最後的結果是很邪惡的,因為它跟我們嘗試要量化的有很大的相關。很多好的 防守者花了很多功夫要應付對方進攻最好的傢伙。事實上,很多教練有意地讓隊上的 王牌殺手跟對手球星的上場時間相同。 In other words, it's possible a player's "points saved" might vastly underrate his contribution because he's on the court when the opponent has its best offensive lineup on the floor and off the court when it doesn't. This is particularly true for players like Bruce Bowen and Shane Battier who don't have great offensive value. 換句話說,一個球員的"points saved"會嚴重地低估他的貢獻是很有可能的,因為他 在場上的時候,對手可能會有最好的進攻陣容,反之則否。特別是對Bruce Bowen和 Shane Battier這類沒有很偉大的進攻價值的球員來說。 Needless to say, there's still a large subjective element to all this. I included every player's adjusted points-saved totals (expressed per 40 minutes, through Tuesday's games), but I wasn't a slave to them in choosing an All-Defense team. I've seen every team play start to finish at least 10 times and all but three of them in person (sorry Bucks, Mavs and Clippers - maybe next season), so I think I have a pretty good feel for who has done what. 不用說也知道,這裡面還有很多主觀的因素在內。我計算了每個球員經過調整過後的 points saved總合(依每40分鐘計算至星期二的比賽為止),但是在選擇防守第一隊的 時候,我也不會全然依據於此。我看過起碼十遍每一隊從頭到尾的比賽,並且除了三 隊以外,全部都是親眼見到(對不起公鹿、小牛還有快艇了- 也許下一季吧),所以我 認為我對每個人的表現都看在眼裡。 With all that said, here's one man's ballot: 說了這麼多,以下是我的名單: POINT GUARD Honorable mention: Tony Parker, Chris Paul, Devin Harris, Baron Davis Third team: Chauncey Billups, Detroit (4.36) Second team: Keyon Dooling, Orlando (7.98) First team: Rajon Rondo, Boston (5.94) A second-teamer last year, Rondo deservedly moves up to the first team this year. He's as quick as any guard in the league, and his long arms make him an absolute pest to opposing point guards. Plus, he has the size to handle bigger guards in switches. 去年是第二隊的程度,Rondo今年應該被擺上第一隊了。他像聯盟任何一個後衛一樣快 ,而他的長手絕對會替對手的控衛帶來困擾。另外,他的體型可以在交換防守之後應 付比較大隻的後衛 Last season, he had the best per-minute numbers at the position, and this season, he was second, so the numbers back up what the visuals tell me. 去年,他在本位置用每分鐘計算有最好的數字,而今年是第二,所以數字可以作為我 肉眼的最好依據。 SHOOTING GUARD Honorable mention: Anthony Parker, Tony Allen, Ron Artest, John Salmons Allen (4.06) was absolutely ferocious the three times I saw him in person, but the effort didn't seem quite as consistent in the TV games I watched, and he didn't play as much as the guys in the top three. Tony Allen至少三次在我親眼看到的比賽裡非常兇猛,但是他的努力在我收看的電視 轉播裡不是很能持續,並且他的上場時間不像前三名的傢伙這樣多。 Third team: Kobe Bryant, L.A. Lakers (4.21) Second team: Raja Bell, Phoenix (4.59) First team: Shane Battier, Houston (1.55) SMALL FORWARDS Honorable mention: Josh Howard, Stephen Jackson, Andre Iguodala Third team: Paul Pierce, Boston (6.90) One of the big reasons the Celtics have been so unbelievably good on defense is that Pierce has bought in to what they are doing and put up the most sustained defensive effort of his career. 本季Celtics在防守上這麼不可思議的好,其中很大的原因是Pierce非常認真投入,並 且展現了生涯最持續的防守努力。 His offensive numbers have suffered for it, but Boston's position in the standings speaks for itself. Pierce always has had the physique and foot speed to be a good defender, and this year, he's really put it all together. 他的進攻數字因此而下降,但是Boston的戰績會說話。Pierce其實一直有很好的身材 和速度成為一個好的防守者,而今年,他全力以赴。 Second team: Bruce Bowen, San Antonio (2.77) First team: Tayshaun Prince, Detroit (6.83) CENTERS Honorable mention: Kendrick Perkins, DeSagana Diop, Tyson Chandler, Jeff Foster Perkins (7.42) has been the perfect complement to Kevin Garnett; he's a physical, dirty-work guy who will bang against the league's bigger post players, and he cares not a whit how many touches he gets at the other end. He can overdo it with the physicality at times, but he's an overlooked factor in the Celtics' success. Perkins是KG最完美的搭檔,他是一個作苦工的肌肉型傢伙,頂住對手最巨大的低位 球員,並且毫不在意在進攻端有沒有碰到球。有時候他會作的太誇張,但是他是Celtics 的成功裡被忽視的角色。 Third team: Dwight Howard, Orlando (-0.52) Second team: Marcus Camby, Denver (1.77) First team: Tim Duncan, San Antonio (3.94) POWER FORWARDS Honorable mention: Anderson Varejao, Boris Diaw, Josh Smith, Lamar Odom Third team: Chuck Hayes, Houston (7.46) Second team: Rasheed Wallace, Detroit (5.99) First team and defensive player of the year: Kevin Garnett, Boston (8.22) Yes, Garnett's defensive stats have been huge, but they tell only a fraction of the story. Boston was a middling defensive team a year ago, and it wasn't clear that trading for Ray Allen made it any better. 是的,KG的防守數字很恐怖,但是這只是故事的其中一面而已。一年以前,Boston只 是個防守普通的球隊,交易來Ray Allen有沒有變的比較好不是很清楚。 In other words, the entire jump from 18th in defensive efficiency a year ago to third all-time this season can pretty much be laid at the feet of Garnett. His intensity on the court is palpable, but perhaps even more important is how he has affected Pierce and the bench guys. I'm not sure whether that translates to MVP -- not when Chris Paul is saving basketball in New Orleans -- but if he doesn't win the defensive player of the year award, there needs to be an investigation, because he's been absolutely spectacular. 換句話說,一年前從Defensive Efficiency排名第18到本季排名史上第三,很大一部 分是依靠KG。他在場上有多認真是很明顯的,但是更重要的是他如何影響Pierce還有 板凳上的傢伙。我不確定這是不是翻譯成MVP –因為Chris Paul在紐奧良拯救了籃球 - 但是如果他沒贏得年度最佳防守球員,一定要成立真相調查委員會,因為他是如此 的驚人。 John Hollinger在ESPN的文章。沒有Celtics球員的部分我就省略了,因為只是為了自 High而翻。可惜沒有Ray Allen。 -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 218.166.204.176 ※ 編輯: bri 來自: 218.166.204.176 (04/11 16:19) ※ JoeDumars:轉錄至看板 Pistons 04/11 16:37

04/11 16:47, , 1F
推!!!KG今年一定要拿下最佳防守球員和冠軍戒指!!!
04/11 16:47, 1F

04/11 16:49, , 2F
推!!!KG今年一定會拿下最佳防守球員和冠軍戒指!!!
04/11 16:49, 2F

04/11 16:59, , 3F
真是無聊的數據 這數據考量也對塞隊太有利了吧
04/11 16:59, 3F

04/11 17:01, , 4F
不過塞隊今年防守真的很好 ^^
04/11 17:01, 4F