No More "I Love Waltah!"

看板Celtics作者 (strong will)時間19年前 (2005/02/09 10:16), 編輯推噓1(100)
留言1則, 1人參與, 最新討論串1/1
Tommy Heinsohn 的最愛,Tommy Points 的常勝軍 也是 (我覺得) C's 板凳上發電機, Walter McCarty 終於一如傳言被交易到有冠軍機會, 他自己也認為比較有 playing time 的 Pheonix Suns。 在這個交易中,Celtics 換回來一些現金和第二輪選秀權, 換句話說就是把這個能替補二到五號, 不管板凳坐多久一上場就能投進心臟超大顆三分球 C's 隊上 Kentucky 大學最後一個成員 (Antoine Walker, Delk, Mercer...), 差不多是當做禮物直接送給太陽隊。 這幾年來除了 Antoine 之外,就屬 Waltah 的離開最讓我感傷, Tommy Heinsohn 比喻他是 C's 隊上的 Energizer Bunny, I just can't agree with him more! 以下是一篇 ESPN 的專訪, 討論為什麼 Waltah 會這麼受到本地球員喜愛, 我想以這段 Tommy 的訪問做為 Walter C's 生涯的一個句點, 祝福他在 Suns (或歌唱界) 有更好的發展。 "Why I got involved with Walter, to begin with he was such a breath of fresh air," Tommy Heinsohn recalls. "He just let it all hang out when he joined the Celtics. He brought a freshness and vitality to looking at the team. (Bob) Cousy, who is a purist, didn't take to Walter right away, (because) he's 6-(foot-)10 and a skinny guy, the whole bit. But Walter, up in Toronto, made a three to win the game, and we were doing the broadcast. Cousy says, 'I think I'm getting to love Walter.' I said: 'It's too late to join the Walter McCarty Fan Club right now. If you want to join, it's 25 dollars. Everyone else can get in for free, but you have to pay 25 dollars.' Well, all of a sudden, everyone starts e-mailing the station (and) asking how they can join the Walter McCarty Fan Club. So I get on the air a couple games down the road and say: 'Cousy is the only one who has to pay. Everybody else, all you've got to do, after every game, is throw open your window and yell, 'I Love Walter!' ' A couple weeks go by and they start getting e-mails from mothers in Maine, Vermont and New Hampshire (that say), 'Will you please stop telling my kids to throw open the window and shout 'I Love Walter?' ' Kids were actually doing it. I go out and speak now the first thing I say is, 'I Love Walter!' Things have not always gone well for Walter here, but what I saw in Walter is this unbridled enthusiasm and energy. I compared him to the Energizer Bunny. It's not that he attained any greatness as a player per se, but he had the stuff of all the great Celtics. The attitude!" -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 61.230.19.184

211.74.255.24 02/16, , 1F
收精華摟
211.74.255.24 02/16, 1F
文章代碼(AID): #122N9leV (Celtics)