[外電] 騎士球團延長了教練合約至2010-11球季

看板Cavaliers作者 (Coach Brown)時間16年前 (2008/01/15 22:57), 編輯推噓0(000)
留言0則, 0人參與, 最新討論串1/1
Cavs extend coach's contract Team signs Mike Brown through 2010-11 season http://www.ohio.com/sports/cavs/13790217.html 大意是布朗教練獲得了球團的兩年延長合約(至2010-11球季),而他是繼1997的 Mike Fratello以來第一位獲得延長合約的騎士隊教頭。成績還包括自91-92、 92-93球季以來球隊首度連續兩年單季五十勝,還有隊史上第一次進入FIANL 剛上任時,布朗曾與老闆承諾要打造出一隻防守至上的球隊,而他也做到了。GM 還有LBJ都很滿意他的防守體系。此外,處在球員與球團之間,他與兩造的溝通 都很良好,因此產生了一些化學作用與信任。 布朗教練對於這個消息感到很高興,但認為當下之務更在於贏球。 據消息指出,合約的內容大概是一年4M多一些,並還有額外的bonus。 原文如下引: When the Cavaliers hired Brown in June 2005, owner Dan Gilbert gave the first-time head coach a clock to symbolize the time he would be given to build the team. On the same day, as he did in interviews that landed him the coaching position even before Gilbert had hired a general manager, Brown promised he would create a team that made defense its priority. Brown has fulfilled his end; so has Gilbert. The Cavs signed Brown to a two-year contract extension Monday, pushing the team's commitment to him through the 2010-11 season. According to sources, the deal will pay him a little more than $4 million per season, plus incentives. In his first two seasons on the job, Brown helped turn the Cavs into one of the best defensive teams in the NBA. His .592 winning percentage ranks first in franchise history. He has led the team to its first back-to-back 50-win seasons since 1991-92 and 1992-93, to four playoff series wins and to its first Eastern Conference championship. ''We have a great deal of trust in him and we respect him and we wanted to make sure he knew that,'' General Manager Danny Ferry said Monday. ''Being a head coach is a hard job, and finding someone that can do a good job with it is a challenge, and I think we have someone here and we wanted to make sure he knew we appreciated it.'' Ferry told Brown last summer that he wanted to talk about a new deal after the team's free agents were handled. That ended up dragging into the regular season. Talks for Brown's extension picked up over the past several days and were finalized over the weekend. Both Ferry and Brown now are signed through 2011. ''I'm happy it happened,'' Brown said. ''I'm not thinking it is validation. I just want to win because that's what this is about. ''The players and the organization have been good to me, but the bottom line is you have to win.'' Cavs players roundly supported the move — including the one who really matters, LeBron James. James praised the move and the security it brings him. ''He has done a good job. He has won a lot of ballgames for us,'' James said. ''His insight on the defensive end has been really good. It has made me a better player on the defensive end. To have that security, to know you are going to come back to the same system every year, helps.'' In addition to Brown's record, two other factors have impressed Cavs bosses: his ability to reach his players and the way he values communication with the front office. Not only has Brown gotten most of his players to commit to defense, but he also never calls out a player publicly and usually makes himself the lightning rod for criticism. He also makes sure Ferry is in the loop on all of his decisions. ''Having an environment where the communication level and the trust level between a general manager and a coach is high is a unique situation,'' Ferry said. ''Even more so than with players, when the chemistry between the coach and the general manager or the president is intact, it increases the chance for success,'' said Brown's agent, Warren LeGarie. Brown is the first Cavs coach to get an extension of his contract since Mike Fratello in 1997. After Brown's first season, the Cavs picked up an option in his contract for the 2008-09 season. ''I can look at a coach and can tell almost right away if he can't do it, because you can tell right away from his presence on the sideline and how he carries himself,'' Ferry said. ''From Day One, you saw Mike and you knew he could do this.'' -- 承蒙大家厚愛,一起努力到2010-11球季吧 (  ̄ c ̄)y▂ξ -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 125.225.96.22
文章代碼(AID): #17ZCdRXK (Cavaliers)