[報導] HOFers on Pujols' Decision

看板Cardinals作者 ( )時間12年前 (2011/12/09 20:32), 編輯推噓2(201)
留言3則, 3人參與, 最新討論串1/1
http://www.stltoday.com/sports/baseball/professional/cardinal-beat/ stan-musial-on-pujols-sorry-to-see-him-go/ article_22848984-21c4-11e1-8b7c-0019bb30f31a.html http://0rz.tw/6DRie 那些偉大的紅鳥人們的評論。如果有翻的有誤或不通順者,煩請不吝指教!! Stan Musial "I'm sorry to see him go. He was a great Cardinal and gave us many great years." "很遺憾看到他離開。他是位偉大的紅鳥人,也給了我們不少很棒的時光。" Bob Gibson "I hate to see him go, I really do. He should have been a Cardinal for life. It's tough to turn that (kind of money) down. … Aside from the fact that you're making a lot of more money, there's got to be a lot of emotional things there. He's got a lot of ties in St. Louis — his family, his friends, so many organizations. ... For $4 or $5 million a year, I think I could handle it." "我實在很不希望他離開,真的。他應該要生涯紅鳥。是說銀彈當前難以拒絕。…除了錢 的考量,必然也有許多情感上的因素。他和聖路易有許多牽絆︰他的家庭、他的朋友、 那些組織等。…一年四、五百萬,要是我的話應該會拒絕 (這句我不是很確定)"。 Whitey Herzog "It boils down to one thing. You never know what happens when you get to free agency. I think it's a perfect fit for the Angels. I said all along the Angels would be in there. There's a lot of things to consider. Signing Pujols and (C.J.) Wilson makes the Angels an instant favorite to win the American League West. And they're an immediate power in the American League to compete with the Yankees and Red Sox and whoever. … I thought at the time they should have come to a deal (last spring). Maybe say, 'You'll be Cardinal for life and you'll get 'X' amount of dollars 'till you're 65 years old.' But still I thought a deal might be worked out. I thought he could come back because of his ties to St. Louis and that it's a great place to play. What it boils down to again is that money talks. … You can't deny what Albert did. He had a gimpy leg and a bad elbow and played every day. He was the Cardinals." "一言以蔽之,你永遠不知道你變成FA時會發生甚麼事。我想這對天使而言是個很完美的 補強。我曾說過一直以來天使都會在 (扮演競標者的角色) ,有太多點要列入考量了。 簽下小普和西街會讓天使瞬間成為稱霸美西的不二人選,且他們也是天使欲問鼎美聯的 即戰力。…我上個春季就覺得他們應該達成協議,比如說 "你要生涯紅鳥,然後到65歲 時你會拿到多少多少錢。" 之類的。但我仍曾覺得事情會有轉圜的餘地,我曾覺得他終 將會基於和聖路易的這段牽絆以及這塊棒球聖地而回來。結果呢,這事情告訴我們金錢 萬能。…你無法抹煞小普過去所做的。別忘了他曾在負傷累累的情況下天天出賽。他依 然曾是個紅雀人。" Ozzie Smith "You always know that once a player has an opportunity to go out in the free-agent market, you're afraid that somebody is going to throw enough money at him. The Angels were in position to get one of the best and they realized they had to shovel a lot of money out there. Albert, in the end, is a businessman. I think everybody would have liked for him to stay here but (the Cardinals) couldn't afford him, so we just wish him well. I just hope people don't start booing him or disliking him just because he moved on. He gave us 11 great years and two world championships. You wish him well and you just watch him from afar." "你知道一旦一個球員有機會在FA市場待價而沽,你就必須擔心有其他人重金挖角。天使 確是玩真的,而他們也知道這代價多高。小普呢,終究是個生意人。我想,每個人都曾 希望他留下來,但球團出不起那麼多,所以我們也只能給予祝福。我只希望人們不要因 為他選擇離去而對他給予噓聲或厭惡他。他已經給了我們11個很棒的年頭及兩個WS冠軍 。就默默觀望並給予他祝福吧。" Red Schoendienst "I hate to see him leave. He's been a great ballplayer for us for 10, 11 years. It's one of those unfortunate things. It comes down to the bidding and whoever comes up with the big stuff, that's where you go. … In one time at bat, he's going to make more than I made in my 18 years of playing. … But I hope he stays healthy and keeps going. We've got to go from here. We lost him. Now we've got to find somebody else. … It's a funny thing. If he had stayed here, he could have had a statue right up next to Musial's." "我實在很不想看到他離開。他已經為我們打了10~11年的好球了。這是諸多不幸消息的 其中一件。整件事的重點是,諸多競標者中,條件最優者勝出,而那就是你會去的地方 。…總有一天他會超越我18年來的成就 (這句不是很懂) 。…但我希望他保 持健康並持續奮戰。我們必須重新出發,我們已經失去了他,現在我們要找個人取代他 。…說來有趣,如果他繼續待在這,或許在Musial的雕像旁邊也會立一個他的雕像。" Lou Brock "For the Cardinals, it was the beginning of a new era once it happened. In the fallout from it, there will be all kinds of speculations but the fact of the matter is that he probably didn't even know himself if he was going to go until the last 48 hours. I would imagine Albert had to think very deeply about this because of his commitment to kids here. I'm talking about kids between the ages of 7 and 12. I'm sure they all woke up this morning or came home this evening after school and 99 percent of them were surprised." "對於紅鳥而言,這是一個新時代的開端。這件事衍生出的問題是,外界對此有各式各樣 的猜測,但事實是,直到那最後的48小時前,他說不定根本還在舉棋不定。我可以想像 ,基於小普對這裡的孩子們 (7-12歲) 的承諾,他一定是想了很多。我很確定99%的孩 子在早上起床或傍晚回家後一定會大吃一驚。" -- 唉,昨天下午才收到郵局的電話說團購的冠軍T已經到了 當晚就看到小普要去猴子的消息 即使衣服到手了也還是高興不起來啊/__\ -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 140.112.55.66 ※ 編輯: blackpanther 來自: 140.112.55.66 (12/09 20:37)

12/09 20:43, , 1F
為什麼你的IP是5566?
12/09 20:43, 1F

12/09 20:46, , 2F
我們辦公室的IP啊
12/09 20:46, 2F

12/09 21:01, , 3F
112 5566 神p
12/09 21:01, 3F
文章代碼(AID): #1EuV_Prl (Cardinals)