lesson 8

看板CHJHS13-319作者 (超人)時間19年前 (2005/05/05 21:41), 編輯推噓0(001)
留言1則, 1人參與, 最新討論串1/1
Long,long ago,on the east cast of Arica, there grew a large tree. The tree spread half of its branches over the land and half of them over thesea. Little Monkey loved playing in this tree. His mother often warned him about the sharks that lived in the ocean but Monkey wasn't scared. Heswung from one branch to the next all day long, eating the tree's delicious fruit. One day, as he was sitting high up in the tree, Monkey saw a huge shark. Little Monkey became so afraid that he dropped his half-eaten fruit into the ocean. The shark gobbled it up. Thank you, friend, the sly shark said. I am so tired of eating fish every day! He's really friendly, Monkey thought to himself and threw another piece of fruit into the ocean. Each morning Shark cameto swim inthe shade under the big tree. Monkey loved throwing fruit for him to eat, and the two became friend. One morning, as Monkey was swinging through the branches, Shark said, You have been so kind to me. In return for your kidness, I will show you my home. No, thank you, replied the wary monkey, remembering his mother's warnings. I cannot swim well. Besides, I do not like my fur to get wet. Shark promised to let Monkey ride on his back so he wouldn't get wet. Being a curious creature , Monkey finally accepted Shaaek's invitation. Soon he was gliding through the sea on the back of the shark. About halfway to his home, Shark broke some bad news to Monkey. There is something I need to tell you. The chief of our tribe, the biggest and fiercest shark in the ocean, is very ill. The only way to save Chief Shark's life is to give him a monkey's heart to eat. Since you have been so kind to me. you most havea very good heart, one that is worthy of this sacrifice. My dear friend, Monkey relied, trying to hide his fear, you should have told me that before we left the tree. You don't know too much about monkeys, do you ? We leave our haerts hanging in the trees where we sleep. How can your chief have my heart if I don't have it with me. Shark was very surprised at what Monkey told him. He knew that the other sharks would be furious if what the monkey told him was true. Let's go get your heart. You will come back with your heart, won't you? Shark asked. Of course, replied the tricky monkey. Come, let's hurry. We do not want to keep Chief Shark waiting. Shark swam back to the tree as fast as he could. When they reached the tree, Monkey quickly disappeared into the branches. After waiting a while, the eager shark called out, Doyou have your heart yet ? Just then a piece of rotten fruit landed right on his nose. What sort of fool do you think I am? scraemed Monkey. Who would ever come back to be killed? Besides, foolish fish, my heart is here in the center of my body, where it has always been! Pleased with himself and very relieved, Monkey rushed to tell his family and friends how he had tricked the sly shark. -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 219.87.128.29

220.139.3.223 05/05, , 1F
963銀
220.139.3.223 05/05, 1F
文章代碼(AID): #12UY9r4B (CHJHS13-319)