Notes: LaRoche displaying his power

看板Braves作者 (正面思考)時間18年前 (2006/08/03 14:08), 編輯推噓0(000)
留言0則, 0人參與, 最新討論串1/1
來源:http://0rz.net/281Gg Notes: LaRoche displaying his power First baseman has three two-homer games in past 17 outings PITTSBURGH -- Having waited since 1998 for their club to possess a legitimate power-hitting first baseman, Braves fans didn't have much early patience with Adam LaRoche. But as he heads into the final two months of his third big-league season, it appears he's becoming what the fans have long desired. With three two-homer performances in his previous 17 games entering Wednesday, LaRoche increased his career high homer total to 22 and put himself on pace to hit 34 of them this season. Not since Andres Galarraga belted 44 in 1998 have the Braves had a first baseman who has hit as many as 28. In five of the previous seven seasons, Atlanta's many platoon combinations at first base could not combine for at least 20 homers. LaRoche (20) and Julio Franco (seven) combined for 27 last year. The only greater output since 1998 came in 2000, when Galarraga accounted for 28 of the 32 homers hit by the team's first basemen. "I think two years ago, in my rookie year, a lot of these balls are doubles," LaRoche said. "I wasn't quite as strong and didn't have as much power. Now they just happen to be leaving the ballpark. I've got to give a lot of it to just working at the ranch. Whether it's cutting trees, putting up fences or deer stands, every day we're out there working." LaRoche's torrid pace was slowed when he was forced to leave Wednesday's game in the sixth inning with a strained right hamstring. But early indications are that he won't miss more than a couple of games. Entering Wednesday, LaRoche's nine home runs since the All-Star break matched the Cubs' Aramis Ramirez for the Major League lead for first basemen. LaRoche's 22 homers ranked fifth among all National League first basemen, trailing only Philadelphia's Ryan Howard, St. Louis' Albert Pujols, New York's Carlos Delgado and Houston's Lance Berkman. Much of LaRoche's recent success, which includes a .355 batting average in his past 15 games, has come since late June, when Brian Jordan was lost with a broken right clavicle. The injury forced manager Bobby Cox to give LaRoche the opportunity to hit left-handed pitchers, and the 26-year-old has taken full advantage. Since the beginning of June, LaRoche has batted .289 with three homers in 48 at-bats against left-handed pitchers. In the 68 career at-bats he had against lefties coming into this season, he'd hit .206 with two homers. "I'm feeling good because I'm getting to see [left-handers]," LaRoche said. "That's what it takes for me to stay on them. And in turn, it's helping me against the righties, to stay in there tracking the ball." Still, with all of his recent success, LaRoche finds himself looking at the starting lineup whenever he enters the clubhouse. It's a habit that developed during the first 2 1/2 seasons of his career, when was platooning with Franco and Jordan. "I want to get to the point to where I don't even have to look at the lineup when I come in here," he said. "I want to get where I know where I'm hitting and I know that I'm playing every single day. I want to be surprised if I'm not in there." 臘肉現在是全國聯全壘打第五名的一壘手,前面是Ryan Howard,Albert Pujols,Carlos Delgado ,Lance Berkman這些變態。過去17場比賽有三次單場雙響炮,使他的HR累積到22 支,照這樣下去這一季他可能可以達到34支,而這是自從大貓在1998打出44支以後勇士一 壘手最多的一次。大意就是這樣,詳細的請哪位大大幫忙了。 Aybar acquisition helps Giles: When the Braves acquired Willy Aybar from the Dodgers on Friday night, they obtained a player who could potentially unseat Marcus Giles as the club's starting second baseman. But for now, Aybar is simply serving as an asset to Giles. With Aybar batting in the leadoff spot the past two games, Giles has had the opportunity to move back into the second spot, where he found so much success the previous two years. With four doubles in those two games, he's looked much more like the offensive threat he'd been before moving into the leadoff role at the beginning of this season. "It is what it is," Giles said. "I still have to hit the ball, and they still have to throw it over the plate. It's more of a mental thing. But with that being said, I am more comfortable in the two-hole." Giles entered this season with a .292 career batting average, but as the club's leadoff hitter this year, he hit just .251 and produced a .346 on-base percentage. While batting second in his career, he has hit .305. 由於Aybar打第一棒使得跩兒回到他最熟悉的第二棒,而跩兒在第二棒的成績是.305, 今年打第一棒的成績是.251和.346的上壘率(跩兒你還是打二棒好了XD) Braves bits: Kyle Davies' first Minor League rehab start was a successful one. The 22-year-old right-hander, who is recovering from surgery on his right groin, tossed two perfect innings and recorded three strikeouts for Double-A Mississippi on Tuesday night. ... Right-handed reliever Ken Ray left the team on Wednesday to attend his grandmother's funeral. He told Cox that he would be back in time for Thursday afternoon's game. Davies開始投復健賽了,第一場在二A的復健賽二局三K的成績。而RAY星期三離隊去參加 他祖母的葬禮他跟COX爺爺說他會在星期四下午的比賽前回來 Coming up: The Braves will conclude their three-game series with the Pirates on Thursday afternoon. Tim Hudson (8-9, 5.25 ERA) will oppose Shawn Chacon (5-3, 7.00 ERA). 下一場是由哈神對上由北佬轉來的Shawn Chacon ,就砲轟他慶祝他回來國聯吧 沒時間止能翻的大概,有興趣的大大翻完吧 -- -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 163.14.32.33
文章代碼(AID): #14qPBpzY (Braves)