[閒聊] 桌遊業餘翻譯協助系列(二)─尋求授權

看板BoardGame作者 (小小羅)時間10年前 (2014/02/22 00:49), 編輯推噓3(301)
留言4則, 4人參與, 最新討論串1/1
  在進行桌遊翻譯的過程當中,勢必要經過一段是否要尋求授權的過程。   就我所知,目前國內業餘翻譯者多數還是對於直接與外國作者接洽感到惶恐與   不安,甚或只是覺得繁瑣而忘記徵詢對方的意見,進而放棄了能在法理上得到   支持與保護的立足點。   我覺得這十分可惜。   因此,在下欲就此分享幾個成功得到授權的書信案例,並隨後整理一篇通用格   式,進而協助各位有志於進行桌遊翻譯的業餘玩家們免於遭受不必要的責難。   各位在進行書信撰寫以前,對於授權方式的選擇相對的重要。如果能直接與作   者聯繫,那是最好;如果不能,則出版社是一個選擇。但是如果是大型出版社   的話,成功機率相對較低一些。   另一方面,書信的撰寫盡量表達出你的誠意。如果怕對方嫌你的文筆太差看不   懂的話,在標題上請簡要的打上你的需求,比方說:   ” Traditional chinese translation - A Study in Emerald”   就是一個不錯的標題。   在內容方面,我個人是會稍作鋪陳後,用粗體、斜體等方式將重點標示出來。   這樣既可以表達誠意,訊息的重點也可以傳達到。   以下為案例分享:   成功案例A─Deck of thieves:   本遊戲的授權是直接透過Kickstarter訊息進行接洽,內文如下: Dear Jason, I'm a backer of "Deck of thieves" that group from Taipei, R.O.C (aka – “Taiwan”). Since difference of the mother language, my gaming group usually uses Mandarin to talk and Traditional Chinese to write. So that I'd like to ask, if you may, for the originally PDF file to translate the game to Traditional Chinese version to make our gaming progress smoother. After that I'll send it to you first. If it's proper, then I'll share it on the internet to advertising this game in Chinese circle. Thanks for designing such a great game! sincerely, (署名)   成功案例B─A Study in Emerald(綠字的研究):   本遊戲的授權是直接透過Martin Wallace的出版社Tree frog games官網上的   e-mail進行接洽,撰寫標題與內文如下: Subject:Traditional chinese translation - A Study in Emerald Dear Martin, I'm a backer in Taiwan, and received the game few days ago. Since when the kickstarter project kicks off, the idea & how the game working are totally catch me up. After I received the game & few games played with friends, yes, it's truly interesting, both the game itself and the background information. However, for the people who's mother-language are Chinese, it's not that easy to have fun with such great game and the hidden information inside the game. Therefore, I've made the traditional chinese translation work on GAME RULE, PLAYER AID CARD. I've also made a small summary of card background explain. If you may, I'd like to share these files with others(on BGG or somewhere else). Here's the link of these files(compression to 7z form), FYR. (連結放置於此) Thanks again for creating such a great game! Yours very sincerely, (署名)   從這兩個案例來看,信件裡面最好包括:   1.適度的自我介紹   2.翻譯檔案的語言版本   3.製作的元件為何(規則書、輔助卡,甚或卡片本身)   當然,你也可以另外提及翻譯的緣由,或是其他想跟作者說的話~但重要的就是   以上三點,若書寫過多也只會讓對方模糊焦點罷了。   如果的你英文書寫真的超爛~則以下的通用格式也許對你有用:   (括弧內請自行填寫或刪除) 標題:Traditional chinese translation –(遊戲英文名稱) 內文: Dear (作者名), I'm a gamer in Taiwan(或是其他地方), who loves the game very much. Since the difference of the mother language, it's not that easy to have fun with such great game for most of my friend & other Chinese players. So that I'd like to ask, if you may, for (the originally PDF file─如果你夠膽想進行全遊戲翻譯 或是 authority─單純 徵求授權) to translate the (game 或 rulebook 或是任何其他翻譯物件) to Traditional Chinese version to make our gaming progress smoother. Thanks again for creating such a great game! Yours very sincerely, (署名)   本系列文的撰文宗旨在於協助業餘翻譯者避免不必要的爭議,讓桌遊文化的發展   更為正面。希望以上的分享能夠幫助到所有在業餘桌遊翻譯行列之中熱血貢獻的   同好們。   感謝各位的閱讀! -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 122.116.68.161

02/22 10:36, , 1F
有時候簡單地詢問BGG、公司FB粉絲團也可以快速得到答覆!
02/22 10:36, 1F

02/23 11:31, , 2F
建議還是自己寫信,若寫英文信都有困難還是別亂翻規則了...
02/23 11:31, 2F

02/23 12:41, , 3F
推樓上,大家還是用自己的話吧
02/23 12:41, 3F

02/24 18:36, , 4F
推樓樓上,自己寫的比較誠懇唷~
02/24 18:36, 4F