Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett Dies at 60

看板Blur作者 (MAKEpovertyHISTORY)時間18年前 (2006/07/12 21:30), 編輯推噓1(101)
留言2則, 1人參與, 最新討論串1/1
http://www.sydbarrett.net/ LONDON (AFP) - Tributes poured in for Syd Barrett, founding member of the British progressive rock group Pink Floyd, after his death at the age of 60 was belatedly announced. "He died very peacefully a couple of days ago. There will be a private family funeral," a spokeswoman for Pink Floyd said. The cause of death was not disclosed. Barrett, who had been living reclusively in his late mother's house in Cambridge, in the east of England, led Pink Floyd from its founding in 1965 until 1968 when he struck out on a solo career. "I can't tell you how sad I feel," rock legend David Bowie said. "Syd was a major inspiration for me. He was so charismatic and such a startlingly original songwriter.... His impact on my thinking was enormous. A major regret is that I never got to know him. A diamond indeed." In a statement, Pink Floyd said: "The band are naturally very upset and sad to learn of Syd Barrett's death. Syd was the guiding light of the early band line-up and leaves a legacy which continues to inspire." In recent years Barrett reverted to his birth name, Roger Keith Barrett, and to his passion for painting. He created Pink Floyd with old friend Roger Waters, and became a huge star at the age of 21, but in his final days with the band he could hardly perform due to an addiction to the psychedelic drug LSD. The band finally drafted in Dave Gilmour as guitarist, and decided not to pick Barrett up for gigs. "He took drugs by the shovelful," Gilmour once said. Barrett nevertheless went on to record three solo albums -- "The Madcap Laughs," "Barrett" and "Opel." Waters' composition "Shine on You Crazy Diamond" alluded to Barrett with its lyrics: "Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun; Shine on you crazy diamond; Now there's a look in your eyes, like black holes in the sky." At the Live 8 concert in London a year ago, when Pink Floyd reunited without Barrett, Waters sang "Wish You Were Here" -- a tribute to the singer and lyricist. Barrett is thought to have named Pink Floyd after two little-known bluesmen, Pink Anderson and Floyd Council, whose recordings were part of his record collection. Graham Coxon, former guitarist with Blur, one of the seminal bands of the Cool Britannia period in the 1990s, cited Barrett as one of the greatest influences on his career. "Lost him again... for bang on 20 years Syd led me to better places," Coxon said in a statement. "From my agape 17-year-old first listen to 'Bike' to, just the other day, 'Jugband Blues'." "Languished in his noise... dreamt in his night... stared at his eyes for answers... bent my ears to see his fingers... would have followed him into the dark... certainly followed him into the bleached out morning." "Syd, dear man, what now? The music is there... a door he left unlocked... spend time there... it's good." -- BLUR早期受到SYD BARRETT 很大的影響 . 我個人也很欣賞SYD BARRETT 的才氣 CRAZY DIAMOND IN THE SKY R.I.P -- forsaledumbcuntssamedumbquestionsvirginslistenallvirginsareliarshoneyandidont knowwhatimscaredoforwhatievenenjoydullinggetmoneybutnothingturnsoutlikeyouwant ittoandintheseplaguedstreetsofpityyoucanbuyanythingor$200anyonecanconceiveagod onvideohesaboyyouwantagirlsotearoffhiscocktiehishairinbunchesfuckhimcallhimrita ifyouwantieatandidressandiwashandistillcansaythankyoupukingshakingsinkingistill standforoldladiescantshoutcantscreamhurtmyselftogetpainoutitthem247allyearlong -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 218.161.73.243

07/12 22:32, , 1F
雖然最喜歡的PF時期不是Syd創造出來的 但還是很愛他的作品
07/12 22:32, 1F

07/12 22:32, , 2F
對一個病痛纏身的人來說也許這是個解脫 一路好走...Q_Q
07/12 22:32, 2F
文章代碼(AID): #14jFbsUi (Blur)