[外電] Batum - 開幕賽先發?? Roy背書

看板BLAZERS作者 (o sen(料理仙姬))時間15年前 (2008/10/17 21:43), 編輯推噓4(402)
留言6則, 4人參與, 最新討論串1/1
OregonLive 原文:http://0rz.tw/674VP No way around it: Batum being considered as opening night starter .. with Roy's endorsement When 19-year-old rookie Nicolas Batum practiced with the first unit on Tuesday, coach Nate McMillan more or less downplayed the surprising move as merely putting one of the roster's small forwards into the slot vacated by Martell Webster's injury. Webster受傷缺陣,Nate要找個人來填他先發的位置,19歲的Batum星期二練習時在先發組 Today, it became evident there is more behind this move, as observed by team leader and star Brandon Roy. 今天球隊老大Roy顯然注意到這改變 "I mean, at first it was one day. Then it was two days. And now it's three days. And it's still Nic,'' Roy said, pointing out that Batum has worked exclusively with the first unit the past three practices. "一開始是一天,然後兩天、三天,依然是Batum",Batum過去三天練習獨占了先發組SF That leaves Roy with no other conclusion than McMillan is very serious about starting Batum at small forward in the season opener against the Los Angeles Lakers, which his a mere 11 days away. 這讓Roy猜想是不是Nate想讓Batum在11天後對湖人的開幕戰中先發 And the more Roy thinks about it, the more he likes the idea. In fact, Roy endorses Batum as a starter, having already gone to assistant Monty Williams with his support of Batum. Roy越想就越喜歡這主意,事實上Roy認可Batum可以當名先發,助教Monty Williams也支 持Batum "Honestly, I think (Batum) might be able to start at the three,'' Roy said. "Don't get me wrong, I think it's going to be tough, but I think if you look at the matchups early - I think you can get away with Batum on (the Lakers') Vladimir Radmanovic, and the Spurs have Bruce (Bowen) - so I think (McMillan) might be able to get away with it.'' "誠實地說,我想Batum可以在三號位先發",Roy如是說,"別說我錯,我想這很艱難,但 是我想假如你看前面的對戰組合,我想你可以讓Batum上來對湖人的Vladimir Radmanovic 和馬刺的Bowen,所以我想Nate或許可以這麼做" The rationale here is that by starting Batum - a noted defender - it will allow McMillan to keep the team's second unit of Sergio Rodriguez, Rudy Fernandez, Travis Outlaw, Channing Frye and Joel Przybilla intact. The other options being considered were putting Fernandez as the starting shooting guard and moving Roy to small forward, or moving Outlaw into the starting small forward position. 這基本想法是讓防守較好的Batum先發,可以讓Nate在第二隊能運用Sergio Rodriguez、 Rudy Fernandez、Travis Outlaw、Channing Frye和Joel Przybilla。其他想法是讓Rudy 先發打SG,Roy移往SF,或者是讓Outlaw在小前鋒先發 "That second unit, they somewhat have an identity now, and you don't really want to break that up,'' Roy said. "That's why I think I like this. Just because I like our second unit - I like what Sergio and Rudy do together ... and that second unit has that identity, that's their team. When they huddle up in practice, it's like they say 'You (starters) have your team; this is our team'. It's almost like football teams, how they have the offensive and defensive units. That's the approach they have.'' "第二組現在有一些特性了,你不會想分開他們","這就是為什麼我喜歡這主意,因為我 喜歡我們的第二隊,我喜歡看Sergio和Rudy在一起,還有第二隊有他們的特性,這是他 們的球隊,當他們團結在一起練習,就像他們跟我們先發組說的:你們有你們的隊,我 們有我們的隊。就像美式足球般,有分進攻組和防守組,有各自的策略" Plus, Roy feels it keeps Outlaw - his best friend on the team - in his comfort zone. 還有Roy想讓他隊上最好的朋友Outlaw,可以在舒適的位置上 "On the second unit, Travis doesn't feel the pressure as much,'' Roy said. "His shots come differently in the first unit. He may still get 10 shots, but they are 10 different shots than he is used to taking. He's better in that second unit. When he misses in that first lineup, he's like 'My bad, I should have passed it to Brandon or LaMarcus'.'' "在第二隊時,Outlaw比較不會感到壓力","在先發組時投籃會不同,他可能仍出手10次 ,但這10次都不同於他習慣的出手,他打替補比較好,當他先發時投失一球,他可能會有 我應該把球傳給Aldridge和Roy的想法" Also, Roy feels that Batum is a nice fit because his game is predicated on defense and movement on offense that translates into rebounds and tipped balls. 另外Roy覺得Batum先發也很合適,他的打法偏重防守,進攻時可以抓籃板和傳導球 "I see him being a potential starter at the three spot just because of the way he plays,'' Roy said. "I mean, you got me, you got LaMarcus, you got Greg. Now you need a guy who is kind of selfless - who just kind of wants to rebound, play some defense and he just fits that mold better than anyone else.'' "我認為他在三號位是潛在的先發,只因為他的打法","我的意思是先發有我還有Oden和 Aldridge在,你需要的是一個無私的傢伙,可以著重在抓籃板和努力防守,他只是比其 他人都適合" Not to state the obvious, but this would be a startling development. Batum was the 25th overall pick in this summer's NBA Draft, acquired in a trade with Houston for Darrell Arthur and Joey Dorsey. Anyone who saw this kid in the Las Vegas Summer League would have pegged him for the Development League. Even Batum says he played poorly in Vegas. 不想說的太白,但是這是令人吃驚的發展,Batum是今年25順位選進的,用Darrell Arthur和Joey Dorsey交易得來,任何人看過他在夏季聯賽的表現後,都覺得他會去NBDL 磨練一下,甚至Batum也承認夏聯時打得很差 Of course, there is a ways to go before this is final. The Blazers have today off, and will practice Saturday and Sunday before heading to Sacramento for a Monday night exhibition against the Kings. Then it's road games at the Clippers on Wednesday and the exhibition finale Thursday at Utah. 當然這還不是拍板定案,拓荒者在下場對國王的熱身賽前,還有星期六日的練習,然後 是星期三對快艇和星期四對爵士的客場之旅 McMillan hasn't said anything yet, but I would suspect Batum and the rest of the regular starters (Steve Blake, Roy, Aldridge and Oden) will take the floor for the opening tip in Sacramento. If Batum grades well in that game and starts against the Clippers, I would venture that he has won the starting job. Nate沒有說什麼,但是我猜想Batum會和其他季賽先發組的Steve Blake、Roy、Aldridge 和Oden,對國王時會一同上場,假如Batum在這場和下場對快艇表現良好,我會大膽預測 他將贏得先發的工作 But there are still hurdles to overcome. 但是這仍然有困難得克服 Roy said he is a tad concerned about the language barrier. The Frenchman has a difficult time picking up the calls, Roy said, which can put a stress on the rest of the unit. Roy說他還太嫩,還不適應犯規的尺度,這會讓場上其他人有壓力 "There are certain things we say that he is not picking up quite as fast,'' Roy said. Roy說,"有些事我們說到他還沒夠快學到" And, as is natural for a 19-year-old rookie, the pace of the game and the amount of information and reads can be tough to process. 當然對一個19歲的菜鳥來說,比賽的步調和大量的資訊,是很難被閱讀出來的 "I think the question is going to be, is this too much pressure for him? Like now, I see him walking around and it's like he has that 'Uh oh' look,'' Roy said while making his eyes big. Roy睜大眼睛說,"我想這問題是無可避免的,這會不會給他太多壓力?像現在我看到他 走來走去發出"Uh oh"的聲音(被吹犯規)" For instance, when the first team huddles up, McMillan will tell them what play to run and everyone breaks out of the huddle and goes to their spot. Batum will stand in place for a second trying to process it all. And that's when McMillan will remember he has a 19-year-old with the first unit. 例如當第一隊縮在一起時,Nate會告訴他們這波怎麼跑位,每個人賽開到各自的位置 Batum會遲疑站到適當的位置,這時Nate就會記起他還是先發組中19歲的小菜鳥 "And that's when coach will go 'My bad. OK, Nic. Do this and then do that','' Roy said. "So the quicker he learns the walk of the first team, and he doesn't put too much pressure on himself, the easier this will be. But the first thing I told coach (Monty Williams) was that I don't mind him there because I think he would be better in this lineup because he doesn't have that pressure. Offensively, he knows he's not going to get that many touches. He just has to hit the open shot. And eventually, that will become the pressure - his man will say 'We are going to make Nicolas beat us.' Then I think it will be an adjustment. But I like him out there.'' "這時教練就會過去說跟他說該怎麼做啦","所以他很快地就會學會怎麼在先發組中跑位 ,他不會給他自己太多壓力,越放鬆越容易,但是我告訴教練(Monty Williams),我不 介意那樣,因為我想他會在先發上幹的不錯,因為他沒那壓力。進攻上他知道他不會有 太多碰球的機會,他只要投進空檔就行。最後那會變成壓力,他防守的人會說:讓Batum 來擊敗我們(故意放空檔給他投??),然後我想這需要調適,但是我喜歡他在那" -- 可憐的Bayless要去守開特力了 -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 221.169.172.177

10/17 21:48, , 1F
推Batum~~ Bayless該不會要走Sergio悲情路線了
10/17 21:48, 1F

10/17 21:49, , 2F
上場時間少=>想表現=>操之過急=>被冰了 XD
10/17 21:49, 2F

10/17 22:05, , 3F
Bayless好歹也屠殺夏季聯盟,叫他守開特力Orz
10/17 22:05, 3F

10/17 23:41, , 4F
Batum突然殺出來 Bayless真的很悶 XD
10/17 23:41, 4F

10/18 00:15, , 5F
推!不過球隊若選擇季中透過交易補強,由於Batum的異軍突起
10/18 00:15, 5F

10/18 00:18, , 6F
Webster跟Outlaw勢必會擇一打包吧><(再加Blake換明星級PG?)
10/18 00:18, 6F
文章代碼(AID): #18-9PgP4 (BLAZERS)