[情報] Payton might end up with Trail Blazers

看板BLAZERS作者 (.........)時間21年前 (2003/06/05 02:20), 編輯推噓0(000)
留言0則, 0人參與, 最新討論串1/1
有關於Payton的消息,我先大致提一下,至於詳細內容就交給C兄啦!^^ Payton的經紀人指出Payton很有可能下個球季會在拓荒者打球, 不過前提是 拓荒者新任的GM要是Payton可以信任的,Payton會想要到拓荒者的原因有三: 1.他跟波特蘭有地緣關係。2.他想要回西岸打球。 3.他想要到有爭冠實力的 球隊。不過Payton的第一選擇還是公鹿,因為公鹿可以提供他最高的薪資 。 如果Payton要到拓荒者的話勢必要用sign-and-trade,拓荒者要拿誰去換 ? 這是個重點,不過至少不會拿Rasheed去換Payton,很有可能的人選,小老鼠 以及某位前鋒,至於這個前鋒是誰?反正不要是Randolph就好, 不過很有可 能會是Randolph,Randolph今年季後賽的表現如此亮眼, 而且公鹿的禁區殘 破不堪,再不然就是Patterson,好啦!Patterson就好了,反正他跟Wells重 複性太大了,在這裡老鼠迷先默哀吧!>< 其實在Payton到公鹿之前,拓荒者就一直想要Payton, 當時拿出的籌碼 是Dale Davis、Ruben Patterson、first-round draft pick,不過當時超音 速反對,因為他們不想跟拓荒者交易。(幸好沒交易, 不然X的, B.W 還我 Davis來) 06/04/03 JASON QUICK It is "very possible" that free agent Gary Payton could become a Trail Blazer next season, according to the All-Star point guard's agent. From Our Advertiser "It's very possible for Gary to be in Portland, depending on who they bring in as general manager," said Aaron Goodwin, Payton's agent. "But if that person they bring in doesn't have Gary in his equation, it wouldn't work." The Blazers are searching for a general manager to replace Bob Whitsitt, and they hope to have one in place by July 1, the first day teams can negotiate with free agents. In order for Payton to join the Blazers, a sign-and-trade deal must be worked out with the Milwaukee Bucks, who acquired the point guard from Seattle before the February trade deadline. Goodwin said the Blazers pushed for Payton at the same time, offering Dale Davis, Ruben Patterson and this year's first-round draft pick, but the deal was nixed by the SuperSonics, who did not want to trade with Portland. Whitsitt said Tuesday that Goodwin's account of that purported deal was "false." Payton, who made nearly $15.5 million after bonuses last season, is a free agent with the Bucks. Goodwin said the Bucks are Payton's first choice because they can pay him the most, but that Payton also wants to return to the West Coast and play for a contender. Portland has always intrigued Payton, Goodwin said. "He went to school in Oregon, it's in the Pacific Northwest, it's a nice organization, and quite honestly, he would be breathing down Seattle's neck for the next four years," Goodwin said. Goodwin, who also represents Blazers point guard Damon Stoudamire, said he would not pursue a sign-and-trade deal that involved both of his clients. "At the end of the day, Damon is my guy, and I'm not going to let that happen," Goodwin said. "Not unless Damon told me that's what he wanted. But right now, I think Damon has a bright future in Portland. "Now as a 2 guard? I don't know. I think he would look good in purple (one of the Bucks' colors). And some of (the Blazers') forwards? They might look good in purple." Goodwin said he doesn't think the Blazers would trade Rasheed Wallace for Payton, because he thinks Payton could bring out the best in Wallace. "Gary can handle Rasheed," Goodwin said. "Gary will make Rasheed a player. A consistent player. I have seen them together. In Gary's All-Star game, at the NBA All-Star Game. Gary can get Rasheed's number. "Bob (Whitsitt) knows that, too, and that's why he tried to get Gary there." Jason Quick: 503-221-4372; jasonquick@news.oregonian.com -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.csie.ntu.edu.tw) ◆ From: 211.74.86.35
文章代碼(AID): #-tZXMfU (BLAZERS)