[翻譯] Get an inside look at 3A prospects(2)

看板Athletics作者 (Dope)時間6年前 (2017/08/08 02:12), 編輯推噓2(203)
留言5則, 3人參與, 最新討論串1/1
原文:https://goo.gl/Q7nYCQ Get an Inside Look at Nashville's Top Prospects from Hitting Coach Eric Martins & Pitching Coach Rick Rodriguez by Bill Moriarity / A's Farm Editor Rick Rodriguez served as the long-time pitching coach for the Sacramento River Cats, where he had a hand in developing a number of the A's most talented pitchers over the past many years. When the A's Triple-A affiliate first moved to Nashville, the northern California native remained on the west coast to spend a season with the Single-A Stockton Ports. But he's now serving his second season with the Sounds, helping to develop another crop of talented arms for the A's. Rick Rodriguez是運動家3A長期的投手教練,在過去幾年幫助奧克蘭發展出很多的高天分 的投手群。在Sacamento Rivers Cats >> Nashville Sounds之後,南加州出生的Rick還是 待在運動家體系教職,在A+當任投手教練一年,之後回到3A。現在是Rick在Nashville當任 投手教練第2個球季,幫助運動家發展另一個新的投手天團。 --------------訪談內容-------------- AF: It's kind of like you've been the supplemental A's pitching coach this year with all the A's starters who've been down here at one point or another this season – Graveman, Cotton, Hahn, etc. So, I wanted to ask you about working with some of those guys, starting with Jesse Hahn, who was pitching really well for Oakland earlier this year then ended up coming back down here. So, what have you been working on with him and what are you trying to do with him? 編輯: 今年應該就像當任奧克蘭運動家的第2個投手教練,上面幾乎每個先發投手都有下來 過調整,Graveman、Cotton、Hahn等等。所以我想請教你一些關於他們在這裡如何調整的 問題。首先我們先討論Jesse Hahn,今年一開始他在上面真的投得很好,不過之後還是被 上面的下放下來。所以你都開什麼菜單和訓練給他,還有你將如何處理他的問題? RR: We have good communication between myself and [A's pitching coach] Scott Emerson. He always has a plan of what these guys should do. So, he either sends me something or he calls me and says, "We need to work on this, this and this. " And with Jesse, it's more his fastball command – just trying to command that fastball and working ahead in the count. He was working on a new grip on his changeup, so we're trying to work that in. So, his command and his changeup. R-Rod: 我跟上面的投手教練Scott Emerson一直有在進行溝通。Scott對這些投手總是有該 如何做的計畫。所以,他不是把寄信就是直接打電話跟我說,我們要搞這套還有搞那套然 後再來搞這套一次。而Jesse Hahn的問題,就是他的速球command必須調整,試著練到可以 去搶好球數。然後他有再練新的變速球握法,我們也在研究和調整那部分。所以就是2個問 題,速球的command和他新的變速球。 //(前面我也有翻譯Jesse Hahn單一受訪,keepin simple with Sounds) AF: Now when you have a guy like Kendall Graveman, who was working his way back from an injury and has been out for a while, what kind of things are you focused in that situation? 編輯: 當你有像Kendall Graveman這種剛從傷兵名單出來的投手要處理,你在那種情況會 注重於哪些地方? RR: The biggest thing when coming back from an injury is trying not to let the injury itself affect you, just trying to keep with what you've done in the past. I think we were in New Orleans, and at some point, he felt confident enough to really just kind of let it go. And at that point, I think he realized he was over his injury and now it's a question of commanding that sinker, commanding that cutter, and getting back to where he was before he got hurt. R-Rod: 最主要的問題就是不要讓投手被之前的受傷影響到,試著從以前的用過菜單開始調 整訓練。我想那時候在紐奧蘭吧,他很有信心的把過去放下。他好像瞭解到他的傷痛已經 說掰掰了,現在要開始擔心的是每個球種的command,要想辦法回到當初沒受傷的身手。 AF: So, I guess the first step is just gaining that confidence back that you're actually healthy enough to be able to do what you need to do. 編輯: 所以第一步就是讓投手感覺到他們已經健康了,然後能開始進行必要做的。 RR: Yeah, it's always in the back of your mind when you come back from an injury. It's like, "Am I going to hurt anything again?" And then you realize, "Hey, I'm great – I'm healthy." And then you can get back to your routine and what made you successful. R-Rod: 第一個問題總是想辦法讓有傷過投手的心態回來。就像...投手: 我的身體又要開 始痛了嗎? 接者讓他們了解到,阿我太讚了,其實我是金身不壞。然後你給我去練你以前 練的,回到以前的身手。 AF: Now what about Jharel Cotton, who's back up with the A's now? He spent some time with you here. Where do you feel he's at now? Did you feel you were able to help get him back to where he needs to be to be successful? 編輯: 接者來聊聊Jharel Cotton。他再回到大聯盟前有在這裡跟過你一陣子。你覺得他現 階段如何?你覺得你有辦法幫助他找回成功需要的要件嗎? RR: Yeah, I know his first outing coming back from the blister, he was a little rusty – he was out of sync, his fastball command wasn't there, his changeup was up and down. His last outing, he seemed to command his fastball to both sides of the plate and he started to get his changeup with that late sink that I saw last year. His cutter's always been there – just trying to get him to use his curveball a little bit more. But it was just more getting back into the swing of things – getting a routine and then trying to take that routine into the game. R-Rod: 我知道他第一場剛從手泡問題走出來的比賽,身手有點生鏽,身體協調性差,沒有 速球的command,變速球一直亂跑。然後Cotton在這的最後一場的出賽,他好像可以把球控 到本壘板兩側,還有看到去年看過的變速球,有伸卡球的味道。他的卡特球總是在的,然 後試著讓他多丟些曲球。在這的工作不只是讓他找回到過去的程序和作息,要讓他把這些 routine帶到比賽中。 AF: Another guy you've had rehabbing here is Chris Bassitt, who's been coming back from Tommy John surgery. After a bit of a setback, he's been pitching out of the bullpen now. So, how's he looking to you at this point? 編輯: Chris Bassitt是另一個今年在這裡復健的投手,而他的傷是Tommy John。在投得有 些挫折之後,把他丟到牛棚去調整。你現階段是如何看待他的? RR: This is his second go-around with the rehab. He looks more confident now. I think his elbow's feeling better. He's bouncing back a lot quicker. So, he's just going to be coming out of the 'pen. And if he pitches a day, we'll give him a day off. And if he has two ups, we'll probably give him a couple days off just to kind of rest that elbow. But he's come along really good. His fastball command is there. He's got his cutter back. I like his slow curveball – that kind of throws everybody off. But he's doing well. R-Rod: 這是他第2次的復健。現在看起來比過去有更多的信心。我覺得他的手肘問題有感 覺好點了。回歸的速度有比預期的快。所以他應該很快就會出牛棚了。假如Chris一天有投 球,我們會讓他休息一天。假如他連續投2天,我們會給他好幾天休息,讓他好好休養他的 手肘。現階段他看起來還不錯。速球的Command還在。卡特也回來了。我很喜歡他的慢曲, 總是可以用來對付每個打者。總之他現在很不錯啦。 AF: One guy who's not actually rehabbing here who I wanted to ask you about is Corey Walter. He wasn't a high draft pick, but he's always pitched well and has had a great track record through the system. He got off to a good start here in Nashville, then he had a couple of crazy outings where he just got totally lit up and gave up something like 20 runs over two starts, and now it looks like maybe he's starting to get back on track a bit again. So, what happened to him when he seemed to go off the rails there for a bit and where's he at now? 編輯: 我想問一個不是因為受傷而在這裡復健的傢伙,Corey Walter。他在選秀的順位不 是很高(2014年28輪),不過在過去表現得很穩。今年在3A有個不錯的開始,好像之後表現 得不太好,不過現在好像回到之前的好表現。所以他發生了什麼事?之前好像有點鬼打牆.. 他現在的處境是怎樣? RR: I think he's still learning how to start. And as a starter, sometimes you go through a little phase where, for a couple outings or whatever, it's not working and you're trying everything. And I think that's what he was going through. I know through the All-Star break, he had a couple of extra days – I think that helped him. Then with the rehabbers and some guys coming down from Oakland, we had to shuffle around, so he pitched out of the 'pen a couple times. And it was a good chance to work on his sinker command on the side. He really needed to get that back down in the zone. And he did the other night. His slider was good and his split was better – it was a little sharper. R-Rod: 我覺得他還在學習如何當先發投手。當任先發投手,你總是會經歷一段...怎麼講 不管你怎麼試,某些出賽總是沒辦法投得很好。而我認為他現階段就是在經歷這段時刻。 明星賽後的幾天放假對他很有幫助。接著上面有幾個下來復健的還有被下放的,我們教練 團必須重新組排,所以我把他放到牛棚丟過幾次。不過在那時候他有藉機調整他伸卡球的 command。他真的需要調整一下把伸卡丟到好球帶。他也做到了。滑球很棒,不過指叉更屌 比他的滑球更犀利。 AF: Do you see him staying as a starter in the near future or will he maybe be making a move back to the 'pen? 編輯: 你認為他是先發還是牛棚投手? RR: I'm not sure what the plan is. I know he's been starting, and I'm sure he's going to be starting once all this rotation stuff gets cleared up. So, we'll see how that goes, but I'm looking forward to him starting. R-Rod: 我不知道上面的安排是怎樣。我知道他有先發的經驗,我也確定當這裡穩下來之後 他會再次地回到先發輪值。所以我們就看著辦吧,不過我很希望看到他能先發。 AF: And as we enter the final month of the minor league season here, what messages are you trying to convey to your pitching staff at this point? 編輯: 現在小聯盟賽程剩一個月,你想對你得手下傳達什麼訊息? RR: We just had a big e-mail from our pitching coordinator [Gil Patterson]. And the big thing I talk about is the fact that we have 4-6 weeks, so let's make a good push and finish really, really strong. It's important to finish strong, so that you go into that offseason really confident. You just want to be consistent and finish well, and then see what happens. R-Rod: 我們才剛收到小聯盟投手協調員(Gil Patterson)的信箱。我們最主要討論過的事 是賽程剩下4-6週,我們來個相當相當漂亮的收尾吧。這是相當重要的,所以當你進季後賽 你得投手會很有信心。你就是想看到他們收尾的漂亮,然後我們就看看他們將會表現得如 和吧。 the end,and thx for a's farm editor's artcle. -- "It's too bad she won't live... But then again, who does?" -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc), 來自: 1.174.113.83 ※ 文章網址: https://www.ptt.cc/bbs/Athletics/M.1502129541.A.05A.html

08/08 12:48, , 1F
推好文推翻譯!
08/08 12:48, 1F

08/08 13:03, , 2F
推!!
08/08 13:03, 2F

08/12 03:38, , 3F
pitching coordinator翻成協調員不是很達意,其實他就是教
08/12 03:38, 3F

08/12 03:38, , 4F
練,小聯盟投手教練都歸他管,之前富邦翻譯把他翻成總協調
08/12 03:38, 4F