[翻譯] Get an inside look at 3A prospects (1)

看板Athletics作者 (Dope)時間6年前 (2017/08/07 18:28), 編輯推噓4(400)
留言4則, 4人參與, 最新討論串1/1
原文: https://goo.gl/oUXhst Get an Inside Look at Nashville's Top Prospects from Hitting Coach Eric Martins & Pitching Coach Rick Rodriguez by Bill Moriarity / A's Farm Editor Eric Martins was the A's 17th-round draft pick in 1994 and spent parts of seven seasons as an infielder in the A's minor league system. After his playing career came to an end, the southern California native signed on as a scout for the A's. He eventually made the move to coaching, first serving as the hitting coach for the A's Double-A affiliate in Midland, and he's now spending his second season handling some of the team's top young hitters at Nashville. Eric Martines曾是1994年選秀的運動家第17輪選進的內野手,在綠衫的小聯盟打拼了7年 之久。在選手身涯結束後,這位來自南加州的當地人變成奧克蘭的球探。之後轉職進入小 聯盟的教職體系,先到2A當打擊教練。現在在Nashville當任第2個球季的打擊教練。 (投手教練先省略) -----------------訪談內容----------------- AF: Yairo Munoz is a guy who got off to a bit of a slow start when he first came up to Triple-A, but it seems like something's been starting to click for him lately. So, where do you feel he's at at this point? 編輯: Yairo Munoz剛到Nashville的時後起步有點慢,不過最近似乎有點起色。所以,你 覺得現在的Munoz在哪個階段? EM: Well, Yairo came in and he's notoriously known as being a free swinger. He's got one of the highest first-pitch-swing-percentage rates in the organization. It's one thing that I kind of talked to him about a little bit. You don't ever want to take away a hitter's aggressiveness, but it's being able to recognize the pitches that he wants to swing at early. He'll still have his lapses every once in a while, but I think that's one thing that's calmed him down a little bit. He's been a little bit more selective. He's worked a little bit more here. We've worked on his pitch selection and his approach, because he has the ability to hit the ball all over the yard. He's so aggressive, he's got electric hands. He's one of those guys that's kind of special, he's a little bit free-spirited, he's a little bit of a loose cannon, but the tools are evident. Like the other day, he kind of looked bad on a couple sliders and the guy hung him a two-strike breaking ball and he hit it over the left-field wall. And he's been having really good at-bats the last couple weeks I think the other thing is just being comfortable being here. These pitchers here pitch a little bit differently. And you get an aggressive guy like Yairo and they can feast on him for a little bit until he makes the adjustment, and he's done that. He's done a pretty good job of that. 瑪: 嗯...Munoz是出名了的無差別打者。整個組織裡面他是最愛揮第一球的。這也是我最 近再跟他溝通的地方。你不會希望減少打者的積極性,不過他已經能夠辨識他一開始想揮 什麼球種。雖然有時候還是還是會亂揮,不過我想這樣會讓他冷靜下來。Munoz已經變得有 在挑球在打。在3A這下了不少的功夫。我和Munoz一起調整他的選球和他的打擊技巧。因為 他有能力把球尻的很遠。他真得很積極,他的手好像有插電一樣。他是那種有點特殊的小 子,他有點熱情,他有點容易失控,但是他的tools是真的。像是在某天,有個投手對他丟 了幾個滑球都沒打好,兩好球後那投手又丟變化球引他出棒,Munoz把它尻左外野牆。在過 去幾個打席Munoz表現得很好,而且我認為他慢慢開始適應3A的環境了,在這裡投手跟在2A 的投手有點不太一樣。當你有像Munoz這種積極的打者,這裡的投手很容易對付他直到打者 自己做了調整。而Munoz已經調整的不錯。 AF: Well, whatever you said to him seemed to get through anyway! Have you been working with him in the field as well? 編輯: 似乎你跟他講什麼他都有領悟到,那你有也調教Munoz的守備嗎? EM: Yeah, he's been playing all over the field. When he's out in center field, he reminds me of Carlos Gomez a little bit. He's a little bit, like I said, of a loose cannon, but he has all the tools. His arm is tremendous. He's done a great job in center field. He can run some balls down. His versatility has been huge for us, and it's going to be huge for him. He's played third base, he's played shortstop, he's played left field, and he's looked really good in the outfield. He's always been a pretty good infielder. 瑪: 有阿!他現在場上每個守位都在試。當他在中外野時,讓我有點想到Carlos Gomez。他 就像之前我講得,有點容易失控,不過他具有各種的tool。他的臂力很驚人。在中外野他 做得很好。接球也接得不錯。Munoz的多功能對我們很有幫助,而對他而言也是。他還有守 三壘、游擊、左外野,而且外野他守得相當不錯。且內野守得也是讚。 AF: So, it sounds like you think he could work in center field. 編輯: 聽起來你認為Munoz真的可以守中外野 EM: I think he's only going to get better out there. He's made some tremendous catches out there. It's just about knowing where to throw the ball. He's got such a good arm that he just wants to show it off each time. He just needs to come up and find the cut-off man and know where he's throwing the ball. But other than that, his angles and his routes have been pretty good. He's covered some ground out there, and he's looking more and more comfortable out there. 瑪: 我是覺得還可以加強啦。他有幾個不錯的美技。球要往哪裡丟有點問題。他有很棒的 臂力不過他每次都會想要炫耀一下他的臂力一下。他只需要加強找到攔接接球的球員,還 有球往哪裡丟就好。不過除了這些,他的角度和他跑的路徑是相當好的。Munoz似乎守中外 野越來越順。 AF: Well, he kind of likes to show off wherever he's at in the field, right? 編輯: 他是不是不管守哪都很愛炫耀啊? EM: Yeah, he's got the loud tools, so why not? 瑪: 他的工具就是好和顯眼,所以為什麼不行炫耀一下? AF: Franklin Barreto got a little taste of the big leagues this year and now he's back here with you in Nashville. So, what did he learn from that experience and what are you working on with him at this point? 編輯: Franklin Barreto今年有上過大聯盟一陣子。你覺得他有從中學到什麼嗎,你現階 段都如何教他? EM: Well, I think it was good for him to go up and kind of see what those pitchers are going to do and how good they are. And he came down with instructions on some stuff that he needed to work on. And his at-bats have been really good since that point. He's made consistent contact with two strikes, so his strikeout rates have gone down a little bit, and I think that's one thing that they wanted to see. His mechanics have gotten a little bit better. He's getting a little bit more comfortable staying inside the ball – he's not worried about the pitches in anymore. He's doing a good job with his approach and his work, and you can see his at-bats starting to trend back to where they were at the beginning of the year. But the consistency in the at-bats has been a little bit better. 瑪: 我覺得他有機會上去看看大聯盟等級的投手有多好是對他有利得。然後他被下放回來 知道他自己的問題在哪,那些是需要修正的。從那時候開始他的技巧就變得相當好。兩好 球之後他還是可以穩定的碰到球,所以他被三振的比例有點下降,這也是我們希望要看到 的。他的擊球機制有變好。他可以把球帶得更順,不會擔心對方投什麼球過來。他在他的 approach下了不少工夫,現在他的打擊慢慢的回到球季剛開始那樣猛。只是更好而已。 AF: It sounds like getting a look at major league pitching might have been a good, eye-opening experience for him. 編輯: 聽起來去大聯盟玩一下的經驗對Barreto的打擊很有很大的幫助。 EM: Absolutely. I think he saw how the guys who don't have the premium stuff can pitch and how good the guys who have the premium stuff are, so you've just got to find a way to battle. 瑪: 絕對有幫助,對決到沒有高級stuff的投手和接觸到有高級stuff的投手,你必須想辦 法去面對去處理。 AF: A guy who's been up and down between Nashville and Oakland a number of times this year is Matt Olson. What do you think he's learned from all his trips to the big leagues this year? 編輯: 今年Olson一直上上下下的。你覺得他有學到什麼嗎? EM: I think with Olson, he's so laid back and he understands, so it doesn't really bother him, which is good. You know, it can bother a lot of people who are going up and down. He gets it, so it's been easy on him. He just comes down and he does what he does, and he's continuing to work on everything. He's had such a good year, and he knows his time's coming to get up there and be playing consistently. So, we just continue to work on the adjustments that he made in the offseason with his swing and his mechanics. So, he's fine and he's ready to go. When he gets that call and he's going to be the everyday guy and get some consistent at-bats, you're going to see who Matt Olson really is. 瑪: 我想Matt Olson了解這些過程,所以上上下下並不是對他很困擾。有很多人對於上上 下下大聯盟和下放小聯盟很困擾。不過Olson是很ok的。他回到3A就繼續執行他之前做的。 然後他在每個地方都加強一下。他今年真的打得很好。而且他知道他的時代快來了可以有 更多機會更持久地在大聯盟打球。所以我們就加強他在去年季後所調整的地方。他已經 ready了,可以隨時上戰場。所以當他接到上面的電話時,他會變成大聯盟的everyday的 player,能拿到更多穩定的打席。你們將會看到Matt Olson真正的實力。 AF: Yeah, he seems like a pretty low-key guy. It doesn't seem like a lot would bother him. 編輯: 他似乎是個相當低調的人,不會被很多事務給困擾到。 EM: No, real low maintenance. And that's the thing, for him being so young, he gets it and he understands. The important thing for him is to get at-bats. And if there's no at-bats for him up there, then he's going to come down here and continue to get his at-bats and continue on with the good year that he's had. It's been a breakthrough for him as far as the consistency of his season – hitting close to .270 all year. It's been a good year for him, where the last couple years have been kind of down. I think the mechanical tweaks that he made this offseason and early in spring training really helped. 瑪: 對,他就是這樣。這就是他的問題所在,他很年輕,不過他了解這段過程。現在最重 要的事情就是給他穩定的打席。假如上面大聯盟沒辦法給他的話,他會下來持續他之前在 3A所做的,拿到穩定的打席然後持續他今年相當好的成績。對他這是個突破,今年的他的 表現當的穩定。過去幾年感覺有點down,不過今年他真的表現相當好。我想他去年季末的 和今年春訓的擊球機制的調整對他幫助很大。 AF: Chad Pinder was back here in Nashville rehabbing for a while before heading back to the big leagues. So, what kind of things were you working on with a guy like that who's rehabbing here? 編輯: Pinder今年有回到3A做復健段時間。所以當有人要打復健賽的時候你會給什麼菜單? EM: Pinder was just getting his at-bats and getting his timing back. Having a lot of history with him, it was just a matter of getting his hands in the right position and his timing and all that stuff. He's so strong and he can drive the ball all over the park. So, it was just a matter of him just seeing some pitches, working his at-bats and making sure his timing was there. He did have some strikeouts here, but he got in some counts and worked some at-bats. That was it for him. You don't really want to change too much, because he's been doing so good up there. It's just those little fine-tuning things. And with me having the history with him, it was easy. 瑪: 簡單給他些打席和幫助他找回timing。過去教他已經有段時間,就是幫他把的手感找 回來之類的。他很強壯,可以把球帶到球場各個地方。所以他問題就是看多點球,想辦法 調整打擊,確保他有找回擊球的timing,他的確有些三振的問題,不過就邊打邊調整。你 不會想去調整他太多,因為他在上面已經相當棒了。就是些小問題要處理,我之前太帶過 他,所以這部份很簡單。 AF: Well, you must be pretty familiar with a lot of these guys at this point. 編輯: 現階段你一定很了解這些傢伙們了。 EM: Absolutely, it's fun. I'll still get some calls from the guys up there – Bruce and Chapman – checking in. And I'll send them a text when they have a good game up in the big leagues – Brugman and I texted a couple days ago. So, it's fun to see those guys having some success up there. They're going to be a big part of things from now on. 瑪: 對阿,哈哈。我還是會接到Maxwell和Chapman的電話。當他們在上面打很好的時候我 會打電話過去恭禧他們,Brugman和我前幾天才傳過簡訊。看到這群人在上面成功我很高 興。他們現在是上面球隊重要的拼圖了。 翻到有點天昏地暗... to be continued... -- "One man looks at a dying bird and thinks there's nothin' but unanswered pain. But death got the final word. It's laughing at him." "Another man sees the same bird, feels the glory. Feeling something smiling through him." -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc), 來自: 1.174.113.83 ※ 文章網址: https://www.ptt.cc/bbs/Athletics/M.1502101683.A.BB5.html

08/07 18:47, , 1F
推!
08/07 18:47, 1F

08/07 19:56, , 2F
推一個!
08/07 19:56, 2F

08/08 00:05, , 3F
推!!
08/08 00:05, 3F

08/08 13:03, , 4F
08/08 13:03, 4F
文章代碼(AID): #1PY42pkr (Athletics)