[新聞] A's officially announce ownership chan

看板Athletics作者 (mimura *^^*)時間7年前 (2016/11/18 03:33), 編輯推噓3(303)
留言6則, 3人參與, 最新討論串1/1
http://www.sfchronicle.com/athletics/article/A-s-officially-announce-ownership-changes-10620980.php A’s officially announce ownership changes: Wolff, Crowley out The A’s officially have announced the ownership shakeup The Chronicle previously reported Thursday morning. In a press release, the team confirmed that Lew Wolff has stepped down as the A’s managing partner and that majority owner John Fisher will take over those duties. “It has been an honor serving as managing partner and I thank our fans, staff, and players for the opportunity I’ve had to lead this great organization,” Wolff said in the A’s press release. “John and I have talked in great length about the future of this club and I am ready to pass the reins to him.” The team also confirmed that team president Michael Crowley has relinquished that title and will become a senior advisor to the ownership group; the new team president is Dave Kaval, who is currently president of the San Jose Earthquakes. Crowley had three years left on his contract as A’s president, and he will continue to be paid that salary, according to a source. He retains his small ownership stake in the team. Manager Bob Melvin was close to both Wolff and Crowley. “Both Lew and Mike have meant a great deal to me both personally and professionally and I have the utmost respect for both,” Melvin said by phone Thursday. “They’re friends and I will always consider them friends. I have nothing but great things to say about both of them.” “I am eternally grateful to our wonderful fans, the team, staff, and the A’s ownership for what we have been able to accomplish together,” Crowley said in the A’s release. “I’m at the point in my career where I am ready to take on new professional challenges while continuing to support the organization I love.” The Chronicle had reported Oct. 31 that with the possibility that the A’s might lose their annual revenue-sharing check in the new collective bargaining agreement, one of the owners might look to sell. Wolff will sell most of his stake in the team to the rest of the ownership group, and he becomes chairman emeritus of the club. “I want to thank Lew for his leadership over the last 11 years,” Fisher said in the release. “His initiative and love of the game of baseball brought my family to the A’s, and we would not be involved without him. Lew has given the organization all of his energy and experience for the last 11 years and I look forward to a new chapter in our working relationship and friendship. It is a privilege for me to steward the A’s at this important moment for the franchise.” Fisher was a silent partner up until this year, when he began to take on a more visible role with the team’s stadium search. He is believed to be more enthusastic about the proposed Howard Terminal site than Wolff is; Wolff has been a proponent of building at the Coliseum site once the Raiders’ situation becomes clear. There are no indications that the leadership shakeup will have any impact on the A’s 2017 payroll, but it’s possible the change could help forestall the loss of revenue-sharing should the union and MLB owners be convinced the team is now in serious pursuit of a stadium, as Fisher has indicated. ----- Wolff叔叔退了 大老闆John Fisher自己下來做 Team president Michael Crowley換成San Jose Earthquakes的president Dave Kaval -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc), 來自: 223.136.109.55 ※ 文章網址: https://www.ptt.cc/bbs/Athletics/M.1479411201.A.E97.html

11/18 07:10, , 1F
!!!
11/18 07:10, 1F

11/18 16:37, , 2F
應該還是會繼續簡樸度日吧...
11/18 16:37, 2F

11/18 18:05, , 3F
會比較好嗎
11/18 18:05, 3F

11/18 21:30, , 4F
這調動應該是跟新球場有關
11/18 21:30, 4F