[新聞] Oakland A's Lew Wolff:'Here for a lot

看板Athletics作者 (mimura *^^*)時間9年前 (2015/04/12 13:51), 編輯推噓1(100)
留言1則, 1人參與, 最新討論串1/1
http://blog.sfgate.com/matierandross/2015/04/08/oakland-as-lew-wolff-here-for-a-lot-longer/ Oakland A’s Lew Wolff: ‘Here for a lot longer’ By Matier and Ross on April 8, 2015 8:00 AM A’s co-owner Lew Wolff has a message for the team’s East Bay fans: “We are going to have an interesting team this year, and we are going to be here for a lot longer than anyone thinks. “Every article I read says I can’t wait to move to San Jose, and that’s not true,” Wolff said Monday in an opening day sit-down. “What I can’t wait for is a new venue.” Wolff said the A’s want is a new, smaller stadium — probably the smallest in Major League Baseball. (Thanks to their upper-deck tarps at the Coliseum, the A’s already have the second-smallest ballpark in the bigs.) They also want a “sea of parking” to accommodate their fans, Wolff said. “You need that if you aren’t in the downtown,” he said. And while some city leaders and boosters might disagree, Wolff insists there are no suitable sites in the heart of Oakland, including at the Howard Terminal north of Jack London Square. That leaves the Coliseum site. New Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf — who has better relations with Wolff than did her predecessor, Jean Quan — tells us that any deal at the Coliseum will have to include the Raiders and must include “increased economic vitality” — i.e., surrounding development — because city money won’t be forthcoming. In other words, the city is still working for a multiuse development to help the Raiders. The A’s have no interest in such a deal, so their strategy appears to be to wait it out and see if the Raiders do in fact stick around. As for the move to San Jose? “It’s not worth a nasty battle, in my opinion,” Wolff said. So are the A’s really open for a deal to stay in Oakland? “We are open for a deal to get us a new venue,” Wolff said. “Whether we build it here or there or Mars.” In the meantime, “we are going to the playoffs for the fourth straight year.” -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc), 來自: 59.120.12.253 ※ 文章網址: https://www.ptt.cc/bbs/Athletics/M.1428817912.A.23B.html

04/12 13:56, , 1F
搬不搬家不重要 至少蓋個新球場吧...
04/12 13:56, 1F
文章代碼(AID): #1LAWVu8x (Athletics)