Mailbag: Astros have many questions

看板Astros作者 (天線寶寶很可愛)時間16年前 (2007/10/30 22:39), 編輯推噓5(5010)
留言15則, 4人參與, 最新討論串1/1
Mailbag: Astros have many questions 10/29/2007 3:53 PM ET By Alyson Footer / MLB.com 原文出處 http://0rz.tw/8d3gc Hello friends. Before we get started on this week's mailbag, let's put one issue to rest right now. No on Alex Rodriguez. His price tag ($30 million a year) and his desire to play in a big market guarantees he's not headed for our fine city. Moving on ... 朋友們。開始本週的郵包前,我們談個話題先。 Alex Rodriguez休想來這兒。 他的年薪要 $30M,而且到大市場球隊效力的渴望保證不會來我們美好的城市打球 所以繼續向前努力吧... I really don't understand why everyone is ready to get rid of Luke Scott. Last year, he was hardly ever given the chance to play every day, and when he did, he tore the cover off the ball. I think he should be in the everyday lineup. Shouldn't the Astros be more worried about the middle infield and pitching staff? -- Kevin P., Spring, Texas 問︰我真的不了解為什麼每個人都打算放棄 Luke Scott。去年他難得有機會先發 了,當輪到做英雄,都把球轟出去。我認為他應該擔任先發球員。太空人不應 該更擔心二游與投手戰力嗎? Who said they're trying to get rid of Scott? As general manager Ed Wade stated not long ago, Scott will have a chance to compete for an outfield job during Spring Training. I know a lot of you think the team has something personal against Scott, but that's just not the case. The simple fact is you do not put all of your eggs in one basket without giving yourself backup plans. Scott has not put together a full, healthy season yet, and he's turning 30 next year. He's a streaky hitter who has a history of being hampered by nagging injuries that aren't necessarily debilitating but do keep him out of the lineup for days at a time. 答︰誰說他們要放棄 Scott的?不久前總管 Ed Wade指出, Scott有機會在春訓爭 取外野工作。我知道你們很多人覺得球隊弄些自己人與 Scott競爭,但事實上 不是這樣的。其實是在沒有替代計畫下,不能把所有的雞蛋放在同一個籃 子裡。 Scott從未健康打滿整季,明年就三十歲了。他是個狀況不穩的打者,擁有被 不斷傷痛困擾的歷史,這些雖不一定嚴重,但的確讓他幾度被排除於先發打線 外。 As Wade said, "He's a solid professional hitter. He's capable of playing a couple of spots and he can help the club win. I'm not prepared to say he's designated as an extra outfielder. He needs to get at-bats and come to camp healthy and force our hand one way or the other." 一切正如 Wade所說︰ 『他是個優秀的職業球員。他能夠守無數個位置而且能夠建功贏球。我不認為他 是多餘的外野手。他需要多獲得打數,健康參加春訓,終究會使我們重用。』 Would you please remind the readers that signing free agents each year is what has put the organization in the position it is in? I don't regret signing Andy Pettitte, Roger Clemens or Carlos Beltran, but those signings cost the Astros Draft picks as compensation. Not to mention the fact that the Astros haven't signed many of the Draft picks they have had. Houston faces what is probably a long slow road back to consistent respectability (see the Cleveland Indians for a model). The Astros don't need to sign a No. 2, they need to sign and develop players from within the system. -- Mike R., Little Rock, Ark. 問︰可以請你提醒讀者們,每年簽下自由球員是讓組織到了哪種地步嗎?我不後悔簽 下 Pettitte、Clemens 或 Beltran,但這些簽約賠下太空人選秀輪次做補償。 沒有提到許多選來的球員,太空人都沒簽到。要重返榮耀,休士頓面臨的可能 是漫漫長路(看印地安人隊的模式)。太空人不需要去簽二號先發,他們得簽下新 秀,並培植農場中的球員。 The Astros didn't sign Beltran, so they didn't lose a pick in that respect, and the Yankees didn't offer Clemens arbitration in '03, so the Astros didn't lose anything there either. But you make a very solid point. Over the years, the club has lost high Draft picks for several free-agent signings, including Jeff Kent, Pettitte, Carlos Lee and Woody Williams. It has hurt the club. They simply must have a good Draft next year, and they must sign those top picks, even if it costs a lot. 答:太空人未簽下 Beltran,所以沒失去選秀順位,03年時洋基沒對 Clemens提出仲 裁,因此太空人也沒損失什麼。不過你提出了很犀利的見解。 這幾年來,球團因為簽下一些自由球員,包括Jeff Kent、Pettitte、Carlos Lee 和 Woody Williams。這些傷害了球團。他們明年應該會有不錯的選秀順位,而 且得把前幾輪球員給簽下來,就算要花上一筆簽約金。 And you are exactly right about developing players. Without a strong farm system, this team is going to suffer. 你對於要栽培球員的觀點非常正確。沒有實力堅強的農場,這支球隊會變爛。 There is all this talk about finding a No. 2 starter. Why can't Brandon Backe fill this spot? I know there's questions about his arm coming all the way back, but could he be our No. 2 if he proves himself over the winter? -- Glenn L., Destrehan, La. 問:都是一堆關於找二號先發的討論。為什麼 Backe不能填補這個位置呢?我知道他 手臂的恢復還是疑慮,但假如冬天結束後他能證明自己的能力,可以做我們的二 號先發嗎? When a pitcher who has not put together a full, healthy season comes back from Tommy John elbow reconstruction surgery, you do not scribble "200 innings, 17 wins" next to his name in red pen. You hope that what you saw in September is what you'll see next April, May, June, July ... you get my drift. 答:當一個投手還沒在Tommy John肘部重建手術後再起,歷經一個完整健康的球季, 你就不能用紅筆把"200局、17 勝"隨便塗寫在他名字旁。你要盼望在九月所見到的 現象是明年四月、五月、六月、七月可以看到的, 你聽懂我指什麼吧。 You simply cannot ask the club to pin its hopes on players with tons of question marks. Yes, you can mark Lance Berkman down for 100 RBIs, and Lee as well. Why? Because they do it every single year. Roy Oswalt is good for 18 wins, and more if the bullpen does its job. But you don't just say, "Well, Backe had three really good starts to end the 2007 season, so let's assume he'll do that over 35 starts." No. You throw him into the fire and hope he rises to the challenge. 你不能要球團把期望壓在帶有一堆未知數的球員身上。當然,可以認定 Berkman 打出100分打點,還有 Lee也是。因為他們每年都有這種表現。 Oswalt奪18勝是理所當然的,如果牛棚不放火還可拿更多勝。但你可別說 『恩,2007年球季尾聲, Backe三次先發投的都不錯,所以我們認為他可負荷35場 以上先發。』 這萬萬不可。你是丟他入火坑,讓他面臨挑戰。 I have large concerns over the hole left at second base, and I don't trust Chris Burke fully. Also, I'm concerned with center field -- will Josh Anderson play there? I heard we're firm on keeping Hunter Pence in right field, and is Ty Wigginton going to play third base next year? We only really have speculations at this point, but some insight would be nice. I'm choosing to not even question the Astros rotation or middle relief, because I feel that is too big of a question for anyone to ask. -- Travis G., San Antonio, Texas 問:我強烈掛心二壘的漏洞,而且根本不相信 Burke。我也關心中外野, Anderson 會守那兒嗎? 聽說Pence確定守右外,那Wiggintong明年會守三壘嗎?在這方面,我們真的要 仔細思量,但是有洞察力的話會更棒。我不選擇去問太空人先發輪值或中繼投手, 是因為我覺得對每個會去問的人來說,那是一個太嚴重的問題。 If the season were to start tomorrow, Burke would be at second and Wigginton would be at third. But as we know, the season, thankfully, isn't starting tomorrow. I know everyone wants to know what the team is going to look like on Opening Day next year, but seeing that it's Oct. 29 and the front office doesn't even know what the team is going to look like on Opening Day, I can't make any definitive prognostications. 答:假如明天球季開打, Burke會守二壘,Wigginton守三壘。但正如所知,感謝, 球季不是明天開始。我了解大家都想知道明年開幕戰的陣容,但想一想,現在 才10/29,而且官方也不清楚開幕戰陣容為何,我沒辦法做正確預測。 Here's how I see it. The 2007 Astros were simply not very good, and therefore, nothing should be set in stone regarding who plays in '08. Perhaps Burke is the answer at second. Perhaps Wigginton is a good option at third. But anything can happen on the trade or free-agency fronts, and we could see changes occur during the Winter Meetings Dec. 2-6. My gut feeling is that the Astros would like to find a veteran center fielder or right fielder rather than pin their hopes on the inexperienced Josh Anderson. Pence can play either position so that's not an issue. 以下是我所了解的。 2007年的太空人表現並不佳,因此,關於08年誰守哪位置 還沒抵定。也許 Burke守二壘, Wigginton守三壘。但是在球員交易或在自由市場 方面,什麼事情都可能發生,我們在12月2-6號的冬季會議期間,能見到改變。 我直覺是太空人會找個老經驗的中外或右外野手,而不是把希望全然壓在經驗 不足的 Anderson身上。 Pence可以守兩者其中之一的位置,因此那不是問題。 I am definitely not sold on Burke being the starting second baseman for next season. Do you think that the Astros should pursue Marcus Giles, and if so, do they have any chance of signing him? -- John B., Longview, Texas 問:我絕不相信明年 Burke有能耐當先發二壘手。你覺得太空人要去網羅 Marcus Giles嗎?若果真應該,有機會簽下他嗎? So let me make sure I have this right. You're not sure that Burke can play second base every day, so you'd rather the club go with Giles, who, with his .229 batting average and .304 on-base percentage in '07, pretty much proved that he cannot handle the everyday job? Not sure I'm understanding the logic. 答:所以,讓我確認一下我是對的。你不確定 Burke可擔起先發,所以寧可要球團 簽下 Giles,他07年打擊率 .229,上壘率 .304,大大證明他無法擔任先發吧? 我不懂這種邏輯。 This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs. ============ 沒翻好的部分 我再修改 -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 218.172.219.119

10/30 22:42, , 1F
Scott呢,其實呢就是左手的Jason Lane...
10/30 22:42, 1F

10/30 22:44, , 2F
Lane在太空人這段時間也不知是八字不合還是怎樣...
10/30 22:44, 2F

10/30 22:44, , 3F
總之就是被養成雞肋最後甩給教士還讓他們賒帳...=_=
10/30 22:44, 3F

10/30 22:45, , 4F
Scott看到Lane的遭遇應該會有很強的危璣意識吧...
10/30 22:45, 4F

10/30 22:47, , 5F
如果他能把這化作進步的動力,太空人就賺到了...
10/30 22:47, 5F

10/31 00:19, , 6F
我非常同意樓上第一個見解,Scott跟Lane有個很大的共同
10/31 00:19, 6F

10/31 00:19, , 7F
點:他們兩個都只會pull不會push,投手只要猛丟外角一
10/31 00:19, 7F

10/31 00:21, , 8F
個出局數很快就到手,至於Burke..我也不知道要說什麼。
10/31 00:21, 8F

10/31 00:51, , 9F
"這些雖不會身體衰弱但的確讓他幾度被除於先發打線外"
10/31 00:51, 9F
已修改 謝啦^^~

10/31 00:51, , 10F
這句怪怪的
10/31 00:51, 10F

10/31 00:58, , 11F
Scott要多向Berkman討教一下把球打向crawford box的能力
10/31 00:58, 11F

10/31 01:10, , 12F
XDD 教士聽說已經付錢了斷了 沒有人會來了
10/31 01:10, 12F

10/31 01:10, , 13F
Scott contact比Lane好一些 不過Lane守備比較好
10/31 01:10, 13F

10/31 01:12, , 14F
Scott的確在不加點油 就是雞肋了 現在已經有點像了 XD
10/31 01:12, 14F

10/31 01:12, , 15F
他的傷也是個大問題 讓他的成績不穩定的主因就是傷 ...
10/31 01:12, 15F
※ 編輯: mysunny 來自: 163.32.77.103 (10/31 08:51)
文章代碼(AID): #179q8eP2 (Astros)