Mailbag: Who slots in behind Oswalt?

看板Astros作者 (天線寶寶很可愛)時間16年前 (2007/10/09 22:04), 編輯推噓9(907)
留言16則, 6人參與, 最新討論串1/1
10/08/2007 10:56 AM ET Mailbag: Who slots in behind Oswalt? Beat reporter Alyson Footer answers questions from fans By Alyson Footer / MLB.com 原文出處 http://tinyurl.com/2dp9tj With the Astros looking for another No. 2 starter for 2008, as much as I hate to say it, is Jason Jennings still a possibility? He proved himself in Colorado and is probably a better choice than Brandon Backe or a rookie filling in, and it sure beats having to package some prospects (again) for someone else. -- Matthew R., Fulshear, Tex. 問︰隨著太空人要找2008年的二號先發,我實在很不想說, Jennings 仍然有前瞻性嗎?他在科羅拉多隊投出了自己的實力,也可能比 Backe與替補新人還要是更佳的選擇,而且確實還能再次以他去搶劫 別隊。 The problem is that Jennings isn't a No. 2. He wasn't a No. 2 last season either, even though that's how he was labeled when he was traded to Houston. So re-signing Jennings just gives the team another No. 3 or No. 4, and they already have a slew of arms that fit that bill. 答︰問題在於 Jennings根本不是二號先發。去年球季也不是,雖然他交 易到休士頓時,被如此號稱。所以跟 Jennings續約只是補進另一個 第三或第四號而已,況且他們手邊早有許多這類的先發投手。 A No. 2 is someone who can pitch 200 innings, win 15 games and team with Roy Oswalt to dominate the top of the rotation. Jennings never was that guy and probably won't be after undergoing major elbow surgery. Who knows how long it'll take until he's fully recovered. Yes, Andy Pettitte made a spectacular recovery from the same procedure and went on to enjoy great success. Andy Pettitte is also an elite pitcher, and that's what elite pitchers do. Jennings is not elite. He's only pretty good. 二號先發是可以吃200局,贏得15場球,並和 Oswalt聯合宰制投手輪值。 Jennings從未是這號人物,在進行完肘部手術後可能也不行了。待到他 完全恢復,誰知何時。沒有錯, Pettitte經歷同樣手術後,驚人的復原 ,並且享有極大的成功。 Pettitte也是個頂尖投手,而那就是頂 尖投手的不凡。 Jennings並不頂尖。他只是很不錯而已。 Even if they were to sign Jennings to a one-year deal, it's still going to cost several millions and the question is, is a No. 3 or 4 worth it? What if he doesn't recover from the surgery in a timely manner? Should the Astros instead hope that one of their young (and inexpensive) pitchers emerges and assumes that No. 2 role? 假使太空人與 Jennings簽下一年合約,仍然要花上幾百萬美金,而且問題 在於,第三號或第四號值得這樣的價碼?假如術後,他沒有即時復原呢? 太空人是不是該希望他們年輕且便宜的投手出線,並且讓他擔任二號先發? any indication from the front office that they've given any serious consideration to attempting to bring him back. That could change, of course, but it's doubtful. 我認為太空人不會給 Jennings仲裁。我也從未收到官方亟欲留他下來的嚴 正考慮。當然有可能會改變主義,不過難以讓人相信。 Where does Luke Scott fit in next year? or does he? He is my favorite. -- Ann W., Texas City, Tex. 問︰哪個位置才是 Scott明年的容身處?他是我最喜愛的球員了。 That remains to be seen. If the Astros feel Josh Anderson can take over in center, that would push Hunter Pence to right and obviously, that leaves Luke without a starting job. He's been battling an achilles problem for quite a while and given his frequent bouts with health issues, the club is not convinced that he can give them 150 games through a full season. Perhaps he can be retained as a fourth or fifth outfielder. That's one of the big questions the Astros have to answer this winter. So far, nothing has been decided. It's too early for that. 答︰一切還要再看看。如果太空人認為 Anderson可以接下中外野手, Pence會 移防到右外,顯然這會讓 Scott失去先發機會。他一直與腳腱毛病搏鬥。 健康問題定期困擾著他。球團不相信他能全勤150場。或許能擔任第四或 第五號外野手。那是今年冬天太空人務必要解答的問題之一。到目前為止, 沒有塵埃落定的。眼下也還言之過早。 Jackie Moore will be sorely missed in Round Rock next season. Have there been any rumblings about who our Express' new manager could be? -- Diane V., Kerrville, Tex. 問︰明年球季 Jackie Moore會讓 Round Rock地區深深懷念。有沒有關於我們 快車隊新任總教練的消息呢? Look for Double-A Corpus Christi manager Dave Clark to take over as skipper for the Triple-A Express. Not yet sure who would take over at Corpus. 答︰2A Corpus Christi總教練 Dave Clark會來帶領3A快車隊,不過還沒確定 Corpus的繼任人選。 I really like what I've seen from Dennis Sarfate. With Brad Lidge continuing to struggle, has there been any thought of developing Sarfate into a closer? He seems to have the type of pitches that a lot of good closers have. -- Jerry A., Moulton, Ala. 問︰我真的很喜歡從 Dennis Sarfate身上見到的特質。既然 Lidge狀況不佳, 有沒有想過培植他當CL呢? 他似乎有許多優秀 CL具備的球種。 Well, he has the velocity and he certainly did everything right once he arrived to the Astros from the Brewers in September. Sarfate has a tremendous upside -- he's only 26, he throws hard, he's a dedicated worker. But he's also had control issues in the past and he'll have to cut down on the walks before we can start thinking of him as closer material. If he continues to mature in a relief role, he could be a prime setup candidate, or a seventh-inning option to set the table for Chad Qualls and Lidge. Stay tuned. 答︰嗯,他擁有球速,而且在九月從釀酒人轉到太空人後,表現優異。 Sarfate 擁有個絕佳優勢,目前僅僅26歲,投球拼命,是個專注的球員。不過他過 去有控球問題,在考慮讓他擔任CL前,保送次數必須減少。如果在後援 角色持續成熟,他會成為 setup的候選人,或者在第七局時中繼,在 Qualls 跟 Lidge上場前穩住陣腳。所以球迷們別走開,繼續收看。 Now that Craig Biggio is leaving the Astros, do you think that Chris Burke has a good chance to start on Opening Day? If so, do you think that that is a wise choice, or do we need someone else for the job? -- Collin R., Victoria, Tex. 問︰既然 Biggio從太空人隊退休了,你認為 Burke在開幕戰很有可能先發嗎? 如果是的話,你認為是睿智的選擇,或者我們還要找別人擔任這個工作? The plan is for Burke to take over at second base starting next year. That does not mean things can't change this winter after the Astros scour the trade and free agent markets. The general feeling is that Burke will thrive when given a chance to play every day and that he'll feel more relaxed now that he's not stuck in Biggio's shadow. 答︰明年預計讓 Burke先發二壘。然而並不表示今年冬天在太空人完成交易或 簽下自由球員後,不會改變初衷。一般相信給予先發機會後, Burke表現能 大放異彩,既然不再被 Biggio佔住位置,他心態能輕鬆些。 Problem is, Burke didn't hit all that well when he did play this year, and he hit a lot of balls in the air in shallow territory. For example, at Minute Maid Park, 14 of his 44 fly ball outs were either in the infield or in foul territory between the plate and first base. Several more were to very shallow areas in the outfield. 然而問題在於 Burke上場打的並不好,而且擊出許多短淺的飛球。譬如在 Minute Maid Park,44記出局的飛球中有14顆不是內飛,不然就是本壘 與一壘間接殺的界外球。而有些打到外野的並不深遠。 So, he has some work to do. I believe the Astros are confident he'll be just fine once he plays every day and gets in a rhythm. I tend to lean that way too, but I also think the Astros are going to pursue Mark Loretta as an insurance policy. If no other teams offer Loretta a full-time job at second, he could be back. 因此他還有努力的空間,我想太空人確信,一旦讓他天天上場,並步上軌 道,表現會很傑出,我也傾向這個觀感。但為了保險起見,太空會去簽 Loretta, 如果別隊沒找他去擔任先發二壘,他可能會留下。 Eric Bruntlett's playing time went down dramatically when Cooper took over. Did he give any indication why? -- Andy S., San Antonio 問︰Cooper接任總教練後,Bruntlett的上場時間短少起來,教練有無指出原因呢? It's safe to say that those who played a lot in September are probably in the plans for 2008 and those who didn't are probably on their way out. Soon-to-be free agent Mike Lamb isn't likely to be back, and while Bruntlett is still highly valued for his defensive strengths, I think the club may see Cody Ransom as the same type of player who will be a lot less expensive. Bruntlett will be arbitration-eligible and he'll get a somewhat substantial raise from the $525,000 he signed for last year. Ransom will still hover around the Major League minimum, so economical logic suggests Ransom has a better chance to be on this team next year than Bruntlett. 答︰保守來說,九月份上場較多的可能是08年預計的陣容,而機會較少的可能會離隊 。準自由球員 Lamb可能就留不住了,而看守備能力的話, Bruntlett價碼 仍太高,我覺得球團會願意給 Ransom機會擔任同類型球員。 Bruntlett未來擁有仲裁資格,而且薪資會從去年的$525,000上漲不少, Ransom 賺取大聯盟最低薪資,所以經濟邏輯建議明年 Ransom會是比 Bruntlett較佳的選 擇。 It would be a shame to lose Bruntlett but for his sake it could be the best thing. I do think he could be a starter for a few other teams if given the opportunity. 失去 Bruntlett令人遺憾,不過為了他的前途著想,這是好事,我認為如果 機會有的話,在少數球隊,他能擔任先發。 I recently heard that Jake Peavy would like to play for the Astros. Is there a realistic chance that he could be in an Astros uniform next season? -- Eric O., Cypress 問︰最近聽說 Peavy想要到太空人隊,明年真能看他穿太空人球衣嗎? Only if Padres GM Kevin Towers is looking to be dismissed. Peavy is signed through 2008 and the club holds an option for '09. He's a Triple Crown winner, meaning he had the most wins and strikeouts and lowest ERA in the league. He'll make $6 million next year and the club option in '09 is for $8 million. In baseball terms, that's called a steal. The Padres would be nuts to trade him, and if they did, they'd have to receive way more in return than the Astros have to offer. So, no, Peavy's not coming to Houston, even if he wants to. 答︰除非教士隊總管 Kevin Towers不想幹了。 Peavy合約到2008,球團擁有09 年的選擇權。本季拿下投手三冠王,即奪得聯盟最多勝場數,最多三振 以及最低自責分率。他明年薪水為$6M,球團在09年有$8M選擇權。在棒球界的 術語中,那被叫做〝偷人〞。交易他,教士隊無疑是瘋了,倘若真是如此, 從中獲取的需要比太空人提出的還要豐厚。因此不可能啦, Peavy不會來到休 士頓,即使有意願。 If Drayton would have offered the GM position to you, would you have taken it? -- Steve E., Alpine, Tex. 問︰如果 Drayton找你當總管,願意接受嗎? And have to deal with all of the questions from reporters every day? No thanks. Plus, I doubt meetings with agents would go well. I tend to roll my eyes a lot. I think I'm better off sticking with my current job. 答︰然後還要每天應付記者的問題嗎?不用了喔,謝謝。再者我認為和經紀人會面 也好不到哪去。比較想翻白眼而已。我想還是堅守目前工作崗位要緊。 Alyson Footer is a reporter for MLB.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs. ============= 沒翻好或翻錯部分 我再修改 -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 218.172.218.43

10/09 22:36, , 1F
很好奇為什麼Peavy想來XD
10/09 22:36, 1F

10/09 22:36, , 2F
一般咸信給予先發機會 Ransan
10/09 22:36, 2F
已修改 謝啦~

10/09 22:36, , 3F
Andy有球員選擇權 回德州吧
10/09 22:36, 3F

10/09 22:37, , 4F
Peavy啊 難道是因為我每次玩MVP都想辦法把他弄來的關係XD
10/09 22:37, 4F
※ 編輯: mysunny 來自: 218.172.218.43 (10/09 22:42)

10/09 22:52, , 5F
Peavy是德州人嗎?
10/09 22:52, 5F

10/10 02:32, , 6F
Peavy不是德州人XD Peavy會想來的原因是因為王牌
10/10 02:32, 6F

10/10 02:33, , 7F
Peavy是阿拉巴馬州的 他的成長背景和王牌很像
10/10 02:33, 7F

10/10 02:34, , 8F
他們在某年明星賽認識就一見如故變成超級好朋友
10/10 02:34, 8F