Mailbag: Can the Astros make a run?

看板Astros作者 (天線寶寶很可愛)時間17年前 (2007/07/18 01:01), 編輯推噓2(200)
留言2則, 2人參與, 最新討論串1/1
07/16/2007 10:54 PM ET Mailbag: Can the Astros make a run? Beat reporter Alyson Footer answers questions from fans By Alyson Footer / MLB.com 原文出處 http://0rz.tw/f42OV At what point in time do we finally mail this thing in and start looking at next year? Do we have anything down on the farm that could come up and benefit from some playing time this season? I don't think they're coming back this season. -- Mike M., Pasadena 問︰我們到底在什麼時候才會付諸行動並放眼明年?農場當中 有沒有新秀可以拉上來,更從出賽機會中,為球隊貢獻? 我覺得太空人今年球季不會回神了。 I think reality is starting to set in, Mike. The Astros were never in this deep of a deficit in the past years when they made those miraculous or near-miraculous comebacks. This year's club isn't as good as those past teams. And, when the Astros staged two of those comebacks, they also were bolstered by utter collapses by other teams. The Cubs fell on their faces in 2004, and the Cardinals came oh-so-close to blowing an eight-game lead with 14 to play last year. 答︰Mike, 我認為現在已經可以開始放眼未來了。太空人過去幾年在 下半季打出不可思議的成績或者接近奇績般大復活時,戰績 還未像現今這樣慘。今年球隊實力也沒有過去堅強。 況且,太空人之前展現的兩次躍起,也是拜其他球隊戰績崩 盤所賜。2004年靠小熊隊連番輸球,而去年剩14場球賽,紅 雀差點把原本領先八場的勝差給搞掉。 In terms of the farm system, I would venture to guess we could see left-hander Troy Patton at some point this year, probably after rosters expand on Sept. 1. Other than that, I wouldn't expect to see many more new faces. 關於農場系統方面,我大膽猜測今年可以見到左投 Patton升 上來,大概是9/1名單擴編後。除了他以外,我也想不出還能 看到哪些新面孔了。 What are the Astros doing about getting rid Morgan Ensberg? He may not be worth much, but do you think we could get some young talent for the farm? It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that the Astros are not going to pay a bench player, which is basically what Ensberg has become, more than $4 million per season. -- Robert D., Lafayette, La. 問︰太空人會怎樣擺脫掉 Ensberg?他的身價值不了多少,但你認 為可以用他為農場換一些好貨嗎?其實不用找專家也能夠清楚 太空人毋需請個板凳球員,基本上就是 Ensberg現在的樣子, 年薪還超過$4M。 If they don't deal Ensberg, who has little to no trade value, then they'll have to make a decision this offseason. He has one more year of arbitration eligibility. I wouldn't be surprised if they non-tendered him, which basically means they won't offer him a contract and he'll become a free agent. If they tender him a contract, you're right, they'll have to pay him at least $4 million in arbitration, and I just can't imagine why they would do that. I say cut ties with him and let him try to resurrect his career in a new environment. 答︰如果太空人隊沒有交易掉 Ensberg這位只有些許的交易價值 的球員,那麼在今年 offseason球團還是要做決策。他還有 一年就擁有薪資仲裁資格。 要是太空人 non-tender他,我也不會驚訝,這基本上代表太空 人不不會給他一紙合約,而他到時就成為自由球員。要是太空人 給他一紙合約,那你說對了,在仲裁中,他們至少要給予$4M的 年薪,而我想像不出為何他們會做此番安排。 我認為要和他脫離合約關係,讓他在新環境中重新復活。 That will require the Astros to try to obtain a third baseman this winter, either via free agency or trade. They also need to look for a catcher and a right fielder. Some starting pitching would be nice, too. 這樣做就使得太空人今年冬天要搞來一名三壘手,不管是從自由球 員或者藉由交易。也需要尋求一名捕手與右外野手。補進一些先發 投手也會更完備。 Assuming Craig Biggio is retiring after this season, and the current rotating door at third base, what are the chances that the Astros will try and keep Mark Loretta to start at one of those positions next season? -- Glenn L., Destrehan, La. 問︰假如 Biggio今年球季過後退休,以及最近不斷轉換三壘手的緣故 ,太空人明年留下 Loretta守其一位置的機會多大? I don't think the Astros have ruled out retaining Loretta beyond this year. They are first going to give Chris Burke every opportunity to prove he's a worthy everyday second baseman. They've hung on to him this long and still have high hopes for him. Burke hasn't had his shot and now he's going to get it, but certainly, if he struggles, the Astros would be crazy not to at least consider Loretta for the future. I doubt they'd put him at third base, though. His strongest position is second base. 答︰我認為太空人今年後會考慮續留 Loretta。第一要務是給 Burke機 機會來證明他足以擔任先發二壘手。太空人擁有他已經很久了,對 他仍抱持無比期望。 Burke一直沒機會表現而現在他終於能得到。 但當然了,如果到時他表現不佳,太空人一定會為當初沒考慮留下 Loretta而抓狂。然而,我不認為他們會將 Loretta擺在三壘。他最 拿手的位置還是守二壘。 There are lots of rumors about Adam Dunn, a Houston native, maybe being traded. Are the rumors true, and do you think the Astros are interested in his power to fill our five-hole? -- Reese E., Bellaire 問︰最近有很多紅人要交易 Adam Dunn這位休士頓本地人的傳聞。這些傳 聞是真的嗎?還有,你覺的太空人對他的 power有無興趣,來擔綱第 五棒的工作? The Reds have been rumored to be interested in trading Dunn, but no, the Astros are not interested. If you put him at first base, it's a defensive downgrade from Lance Berkman, and if you put him in right, the outfield will be frighteningly slow. You can have either Carlos Lee or Dunn in your outfield. Not both. Lee's locked up through 2012. The math is easy. 答︰紅人隊一直被傳說有意思交易 Dunn出去,但是絕對沒有,太空人對他 毫無興趣。如果將他放到一壘,與 Berkman做比較,守備會下滑,那 假如把他放到右外野的話,外野手的速度會更駭人的慢。你只能用 Lee或 Dunn其中一位在外野而已。不能同時兩人。 與 Lee的合約要到要到2012年才結束。算術就是這麼簡單。 When you talked to Jeff Bagwell, did you ask him about the shoulder? His shoulder doesn't hurt anymore and let's say he wants to try to get back into form for September callups. We give him a chance and he ends up hitting a pinch-hit walk-off home run after Biggio beats out an infield single. Not to be writing a script or anything, but can't a guy dream? -- Christopher P., Houston 問︰每當你訪談 Bagwell的時候,你有問到關於他肩膀的問題嗎? 他的肩膀並未傷那麼重,假如他以最佳狀態試圖在九月的 callups 回到場上。我們可以給他機會,最終他在 Biggio內野安打上壘後 代打擊出一支再見全壘打。我可不是在寫一份劇本喔,只不過人 都不可以做夢嗎? A guy can certainly dream, nothing wrong with that. Actually, I had a nice dream myself: I won the lottery, bought a plane and flew to an exotic island, never to be heard from again -- just me, my iPod, my Bose headphones, some margarita mix and a blender. 答︰人當然可以有夢想,無傷大雅。事實上,我本人一直懷有個美夢︰ 我贏得了樂透,用獎金買架飛機,飛到一個外國小島,從未再被 聽聞--只有我,還有我的 iPod、Bose的耳機、瑪格麗特調酒器及 做菜用的攪拌機。 That dream, by the way, is 1,000 times more likely to come true than your dream. Jeff's shoulder is not hurting him like it did when he was playing, but it's still a mess. He'll need a new one someday. 此外,我夢想成真的機會可能是你的1000倍。Jeff的肩膀沒有他打 球時那樣疼痛,不過還是很糟糕。有朝一日他需要新的肩膀。 I understand that Ensberg and Jason Lane have no trade value, but what about Mike Lamb, Loretta and Brad Lidge? Any chance we see any of the three or any combination including those three be traded before the deadline? -- Brent P., Coldspring 問︰我知道 Ensberg跟 Lane沒有什麼交易價值,但如果是 Lamb、Loretta 還有 Lidge呢?交易截止日前,我們可能看見這三人其中之一或其中 組合被球團拿來交易呢? I think we all need to step back and look at this in realistic terms. Lamb, Loretta and Jason Jennings are all free agents after the season. That means the team that trades for them risks losing them after the season is over. They're called rent-a-players. What do you think the Astros are going to get in return? A 30-homer defensively sound 25-year-old third baseman? A 220-inning No. 2 starter with three years of arbitration eligibility ahead of him? A Pudge-like catcher with a cannon arm? 答︰我看得回顧一下整個過程並就目前情形考慮。 Lamb、Loretta、Jennings 在本季過後都是自由球員。那表示交易他們過去的球隊,要冒在球季結束 後,失去他們的風險。這稱作 rent-a-players。 你覺得這樣太空人還可從中獲得什麼樣的球員?是25歲,有30支全壘打產量, 健康的三壘手?還是能吃220局的二號先發,再三年才有仲裁資格?像 Pudge 這樣強肩的捕手? No, no and no. You're just not going to get a lot for these guys. They're solid players, yes. And Jennings certainly could bolster a contending team's pitching staff, and for him, perhaps you can get a nice prospect. But interested clubs aren't going to give up much to get any three. 沒有沒有都沒有。不會得到這些好物。沒錯,他們都是球技頂尖的球員。 Jennings可以提高競爭球隊的投手戰力,以他來說,也許可以換得不錯的 新秀。可是有興趣的球團也不會為這些人,而放棄太多。 I think there's a notion that if the Astros traded those three for prospects, they could replenish their farm system with top tier talent guaranteed to reach the big leagues. That's simply not realistic. 有個念頭是如果太空人交易這三名球員換來新秀,他們就能以未來準能升大聯 盟的頂級新人補強農場系統。但那太不真實了。 Lidge would be the big trading chip. But the Astros are very, very hesitant to deal him. Despite his past struggles, he's still got the stuff of a premier closer and he certainly proved that he can still handle the job. But also, if they trade Lidge, who's going to close? They have no other options. Dan Wheeler does not appear to be the answer, nor does Chad Qualls, and no one in the Minor League system would be ready for the job this year or next. Lidge是交易的一大籌碼。但太空人對交易他非常非常躊躇。即使他之前 有過低潮,他仍然有一流CL具備的特質,並證明自己確實能擔起這份工作。 而且,如果太空人交易了 Lidge,那誰要負責關門?他們可沒其他選擇。 Wheeler看來並不符合, Quall也一樣,小聯盟系統中沒人在今明兩年為 這工作做好準備。 Pitching is expensive these days. If they trade Lidge, they'll have to get a closer through a trade or the free agent market. Seems kind of counterproductive, doesn't it? Why not just keep Lidge? 最近投手的價值相當昂貴。如果交易掉 Lidge,他們得從交易中得到一名CL 或從自由球員市場簽下。這樣似乎有點划不來,對吧?那為什麼不留下 Lidge呢? With the team performing as it has lately, when do you think the Astros might consider making a change in managers? What about Bagwell for consideration? I think this would be a good fit to our team as he is sure to be a crowd attraction. -- Chris M., Fla. 問︰既然太空人隊最近打那麼差,你看什麼時候打算更換總教練?考慮 Bagwell 如何?我認為以他的群眾魅力,一定非常適任。 If you wanted to make Bagwell the manager, you'd have to gag and blindfold him, tie him to a chair, drag him to the manager's office and make him stay there under a 24-hour police watch. In other words, I'm going to go out on a limb and assume he has no desire at this point to manage. It's time-consuming and stressful and as soon as the team would lose five or six in a row you'd all be calling for his head. Who needs that kind of aggravation? I'd rather golf in Cabo. 答︰假如你要 Bagwell當總教練,你必須要用東西塞住他的嘴巴,然後拿布 蒙住他的眼睛,牢牢的綁縛在椅子上,然後把他拖到總教練辦公室,讓 他待在那,24小時有警察監視在旁。 換句話說,我要竭盡所能逼迫他,他從無意願要掌理球隊。這工作非常 浪費時間而且壓力大,一但球隊輸個五六場,你又會怪罪於他。誰要這種 惱怒呢?我寧願在 Cabo打高爾夫球。 I have heard people saying that the Astros could trade Roy Oswalt. Do you think they will? -- Timmy Y., Galveston 問︰我聽人家說,太空人要交易 Oswalt。你認為會付諸行動嗎? No, I do not think they'll trade him. This club is built around Berkman, Oswalt and Lee. All three have no-trade clauses, but the difference between Oswalt and Berkman is Oswalt would consider waiving the no-trade clause, whereas Berkman has no desire to play anywhere else. Oswalt would have say over where he would go, and there are only a few teams he'd consider. He'd only go to a team where he'd get plenty of run support and where he could have a chance at a World Series ring. 答︰絕對不可能,我認為太空人不會交易他。這支球團現在是以 Berkman、Oswalt 、Lee打造而成的。三人都有禁止交易條約, Oswalt和 Bekman不同的地方在於 Oswalt會考慮撤掉禁止交易條約,然而 Berkman不願到其他地方打球。 Oswalt說過他想待的球隊,而且只有少數幾支球隊他考慮而已。他只想去能給 很多火力支援,並且有機會贏得世界大賽冠軍戒指的地方。 If the Astros decided to tear down the whole thing and start over with a rebuilding process, had no chance to win for at least three years and wanted to trade Oswalt, surely he would listen. But the Astros haven't gone with a complete overhaul/youth movement since 1991, and knowing how competitive Drayton McLane is, I doubt he'd authorize one now. 如果太空人決定砍掉重練,開始進行重整,至少三年沒法贏球,而且要交易 Oswalt,他會聽從。可是從1991年以來,太空人從未進行全面大修/栽培新秀 的動作,了解到 McLane好於競爭,我不相信他會批准。 I'll go you one better than your muted criticism on Carlos Lee's baserunning and say this: it's disgraceful (or should be) for a man making as much money as he is to loaf down to first base night after night. My question is, how does a coach at this level handle such indifference? We've always heard of the "clubhouse leadership" thing and how it's supposedly enforced internally, but I don't see it happening here. -- Rob, Austin 問︰我跟你說個比起你對於 Lee跑壘那無聲無息的批評,更加貼切的︰對一個 賺取高薪的球員而言,當他每晚慢條斯理的跑向一壘,實在很可恥。 我的問題是,這個階層的教練如何處理這種散漫的球員?我們總聽說"球隊 會所統馭力",它在內部大致上怎麼施行?我在這支球隊好像沒看到什麼效果。 To be fair, I received this e-mail before Lee was booed during the last homestand. For those who missed it, Lee hit what looked like a routine ground ball, but the fielder bobbled it and the play at first would have been close, had Lee been running hard. But he wasn't, and he was still out by several steps. He was roundly booed. 答︰坦白講,Lee在最近的主場被球迷噓之前,我收到這封 e-mail。告訴錯過 的球迷,當時 Lee擊出一看來像往常一樣的滾地球,可是對方的野手漏接 ,如果當時 Lee奮力跑壘,球傳到一壘時應該會很接近。可是他沒有,而且 差好幾步。所以他被球迷噓到爆。 I do not know exactly what was said behind closed doors but I must give credit where it is due -- since that episode, there has been much more of an effort from many players, including Lee. I've noticed Berkman and Ausmus putting a little mustard behind their sprints down the line as well, so I have to assume management addressed the issue. 我不知道關起門來人家是怎麼說,可是我一定要稱讚--自從該事件後,很多 球員態度變的較積極,包含 Lee在內。我注意到 Berkman和 Ausmus也加了點 熱情奮力跑壘,因此我認為管理階層有重視這個問題。 This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs. ===================== 翻很爛 需要改的部份 我再改 -- ~ "環保" 可以當自己吝嗇的最佳理由 ~ -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 218.172.211.97

07/18 01:16, , 1F
很好,今年已經是全面放棄,狗果然是改不了吃屎。
07/18 01:16, 1F

07/18 12:11, , 2F
Cannon arm應該是指強肩?
07/18 12:11, 2F
不好意思, 已修正, 謝謝 Ayukawayen大 ※ 編輯: mysunny 來自: 218.172.218.149 (07/18 14:05)
文章代碼(AID): #16dFNL2M (Astros)