Mailbag: How long until Lidge closes?

看板Astros作者 (滿嘴跑火車!)時間17年前 (2007/06/12 16:34), 編輯推噓1(100)
留言1則, 1人參與, 最新討論串1/1
06/11/2007 7:13 PM ET Mailbag: How long until Lidge closes? Reporter Alyson Footer answers Astros fans' questions By Alyson Footer / MLB.com 原文出處 http://myurl.com.tw/1jng I think everyone can agree that Brad Lidge has really done a great job battling through his issues, and being cautiously optimistic, he seems to be back to his old "lights-out" form. Even though Dan Wheeler isn't doing badly in save situations, if he keeps struggling overall and Lidge continues to smoke everyone who steps in the box, how long before he's moved back into the closer's role? -- Brian S., Houston 問︰我想大家一定同意 Lidge面對低潮時,所表現的超強能耐,以及 正面態度,看他的表現似乎已回到過去"lights out"的巔峰狀況。 雖然 Wheeler在救援的表現還不差,但如果他不斷放火而 Lidge 繼續屠殺打者的話,看到 Lidge回CL的日子還會等多久? This inquiry was sent prior to Phil Garner's confirmation over the weekend that Lidge had indeed reclaimed the closer's role, but it can't hurt to go over the basic facts now that the word is out. Garner would like to ease Lidge back into the closer's role, and he used the word "transition" quite a few times as he explained the move. 答︰這個問題是在 Garner宣告 Lidge重復大位前寄出的,雖然消息都 發布了,但來談一談也無傷大雅。 Garner把 Lidge調回CL的位置, 當他在說明這個安排時,他用了好幾回〝過渡時期〞這個字。 Ideally, Garner would like Chad Qualls to pitch the seventh, Dan Wheeler to pitch the eighth and Lidge the ninth. This does not mean Lidge won't ever be called upon in the eighth inning. If Garner likes the matchups better flipping Lidge and Wheeler, he'll do so. 完美上, Garner會讓 Qualls投第七局,Wheeler投第八局,而 Lidge 在9局上來關門。這樣的安排可不表示 Lidge不會在第八局登板。如果 Garner看對戰組合較適合轉換 Lidge和 Wheeler兩人的角色,他就會那 麼調度。 But, for the most part, Garner stayed true to his word. When he took Lidge out of the closer's role in April, he said he would give the job back if and when he was confident Lidge could handle it. Lidge has been fantastic for the better part of a month, so it's probably time to give him a shot. 不過在大部分的狀況下, Garner仍忠於自己原先的說法。四月份拔 掉 Lidge的CL位置時,他說如果未來他有把握 Lidge能夠關門時, 就會讓雙方重回原本的工作。Lidge表現搶眼已有月餘,因此是時候再 給他機會了。 I spoke with both Lidge and Wheeler on Sunday and both were extremely professional about Garner's decision. Wheeler said he didn't feel that he lost the job as much as Lidge earned it back. Wheeler is disappointed, but he said Lidge, his good friend and teammate, is back where he needs to be. I thought Wheeler showed tremendous grace through the entire process, which I'm sure was a difficult time for him. 在星期日時,我分別與 Lidge與 Wheeler談話,他倆對於 Garner的決定, 表現出職業的水準。 Wheeler說他不會因為 Lidge重返CL而認為自己 失掉工作。 Wheeler雖失望 ,不過他還是表示好友兼隊友 Lidge是應得 其所。 我認為 Wheeler在此過程展現了無比的風範,這是難能可貴的地方。 What do you think will happen when Craig Biggio reaches 3,000 hits? Will he be replaced with Chris Burke or Mark Loretta, or will they allow Biggio to keep playing? Biggio has an on-base percentage of under .300. He seems like his days of being a good everyday player are done. -- James P. 問︰你認為在 Biggio達到3000安後,球團會有什麼安排?是 Burke還 Loretta會擔任2壘手?還是球團會讓 Biggio繼續上場? Biggio 的上壘率低於 .300。看來他的榮光已經結束了。 That's the big question right now, James, and I'm not sure anyone knows. I would imagine if Biggio's playing time is cut that they would go with Loretta, the more veteran player who is also hitting a sparkling .314. Burke has been told he'll platoon in right and maybe get a start here and there at second and short. But Burke taking over at second full-time this year? I doubt that'll happen. He's hitting almost 100 points lower than Loretta. 答︰ James,這是個很重要的問題,我不確定誰會知道答案。我猜測如果 Biggio不出賽了,那球團可能會選擇 Loretta這名經驗老到,打擊 率為亮眼 .314的球員來取代。 Burke被告知以 platoon形式守右外野,也許有時會守二遊。但 Burke今年能成為當家二壘手嗎?我可不認為。因為他的打擊率短少 Loretta十個百分點。 Biggio is hitting .223 through Sunday's game, and his on-base percentage is .271. I can't imagine he'll get as much playing time as he is now after he reaches 3,000. 到周日賽後, Biggio的打擊率是 .223,上壘率才.271。實在無法想像 在他達成3000安後,還有多少上場機會。 With all the attention that Barry Bonds is getting with the home run record, I was wondering -- do you think that Lance Berkman could end up on the all-time home run list with all the big names, and could he possibly land at the top of the list? -- Mark W., Niceville, Fla. 問︰既然 Bonds達成全壘打紀錄是眾所矚目,我就很好奇,你認為 Berkman 以後能跟這些大人物名列全壘打英雄榜嗎?他有無可能登上全壘打王寶座? Nope. Even though I have full confidence that Berkman is going to end up hitting .300 with a bunch of homers and RBIs by the time this season is in the books, from what I know about Lance, he'd have no desire to stick around the game long enough to come anywhere near Hank Aaron's record. Berkman has 233 home runs, spanning about 7 1/2 big-league seasons. That means that he'd have to play for 15 more years just to reach 700. I wouldn't expect Berkman to play much longer after his current contract runs out in 2010. He might want to play for a couple more years after that, but he'll call it a career long before his 40th birthday. 答︰絕對不可能,雖然我對 Berkman在本季結束打擊率 .300,量產一堆全壘 打和打點有信心,可是以我對 Lance的了解,他對持續在場拼命以達 Hank Aaron 記錄可說意興闌珊。 Berkman在 7年半的大聯盟生涯打出 233支全壘打。這表示他必須再打 15年以上才有可能達成700轟。我不相信 Berkman在2010年合約到期後, 還會在場上拼戰多年。他應該只想再打幾年罷了,不過在他40歲生日前, 他就稱此為生涯之久了。 When can we expect to see Troy Patton in The Majors? -- Tim W., Spring 問︰什麼時候能看見見 Troy Patton升上大聯盟? Perhaps if he has a strong year, start to finish, he'll get a shot to make the rotation next year. But they're not going to rush him. Patton is a tremendous talent and part of the future of this starting rotation. He's also 21 years old. He has a lot of maturing to do before he's going to get a shot at the big leagues. 答︰如果他整個球季表現優異的話,那他明年有機會成為先發輪值一員。 但太空人現在不會揠苗助長。 Patton是個超級新人,也是這支球隊 未來先發陣容中不可或缺的一部份。 他也才21歲。在升上大聯盟前,尚待許多磨練茁壯。 So far, Patton is doing really well at Double-A Corpus Christi. He has a 4-5 record, but a sparkling 2.48 ERA. He's been going deep into games, too, pitching at least seven innings in five of his last 10 starts. Organizations have to keep a close eye on a prospect's pitch count in order to protect his arm, so if Patton's getting that deep into games, he must be pitching efficiently. All good signs. 到目前為止, Patton在2A的 Corpus Christi隊投得可圈可點。目前 成績4勝5敗,但自責分率卻是耀眼的 2.48。這小子也有絕佳的續航 力。最近10次先發中,有五場比賽至少投了七局才下場。 為了保護他的手臂不受傷害,球團組織必須好好盯著這位新秀的投球數 ,所以如果 Patton能投到比賽後段,一定是當天用球數精簡。這全都是 好現象。 What are Brandon Backe's chances of returning before midseason? We need him back. -- Charles R., Cheyenne 問︰啦啦隊長在球季中回來的可能性多大?我們現在很需要他的幫助。 The more time that goes by that Backe isn't throwing simulated games, the less optimistic I am about a swift return to the rotation. At one point, Backe's progression was so rapid that it looked like he could have returned shortly after the All-Star break, perhaps by Aug. 1. 答︰如果隨著時間過去, Backe未進行模擬比賽階段的話,對於他儘快回到先發 陣容的情形就比較不樂觀。目前 Backe的復建過程相當迅速,似乎在明星 賽後,也許8/1前就可回到場上。 But nearly a month has passed since he threw his last simulated game, and while he feels better, he still has a long road ahead of him. If he got back on the mound and resumed his rehab process today, we're still looking at a Sept. 1 return. I wouldn't count on any miracles at this point. 從他上次的模擬比賽過後,差不多已有一個月的時間,雖然他的手感 不錯,但是離復出還有很長一段時間。如果他是今天登板進行復建 的話,我們還要等到9/1。此刻我不期待什麼奇蹟出現。 I have always liked Burke, but I was wondering why the organization would pull up such a young talent and primarily sit him on the bench. Wouldn't he be further along in his development by having the everyday playing time and experience of the Minors from the last couple of years? Wouldn't it have made sense to move him up when we could actually play him? Just wondering. -- Chad C., Mayaguez, PR 問︰我一直很喜歡 Burke,但我很好奇為什麼球團組織總是把新人拉上去,卻又 把人家晾在板凳上看免錢球賽。 在他的養成階段中,怎麼這幾年不是讓他在每天上場先發,並在小聯盟好好 磨練? 怎麼不要等他真有上場空間,才將他升上來呢?對此我實在很疑惑。 It's a good question, Chad, and one that has been asked many, many times, not just with regard to Chris, but to all young up-and-comers. Often, when an injury necessitates a callup from the Minor Leagues, the players who are viewed as having the brightest future in the organization often are passed over for a utility type who aren't necessarily viewed as a part of the long-term plan. Teams don't like to keep their top prospects on the bench, which can, over time, erode their skills. 問︰ Chad,你的問題真的很讚,這個問題已被詢問無數次,不單單因為 Chris 的緣故,而是關於所有年輕新秀的問題。通常來講,如果大聯盟有球員進 傷兵名單,需要從小聯盟升人上來時,被視為農場系統最具前途的球員 通常未被拿來當工具人的,就不被看成長遠栽培計劃的一環。 球隊不會讓超級新秀待在板凳上,否則過一段時間,球技會下滑的。 In Burke's case, he'll have to bide his time and wait for an everyday opportunity. Right now, he's a role player, and he's going to have to perform well to show he does belong at this level. I do think the Astros will stick to the plan to make him the full-time second baseman once Biggio is done, but who knows? People change their minds all the time in this business. 而在 Burke的情況是他得等待先發機會到來,現在他僅為替補球員,還待 自己表現證明屬此層級。我相信 Biggio退休後,太空人會照原訂計畫讓 Burke擔任當家二壘手,不過誰知道未來會怎樣?不過在這行,人們常會 改變主意。 Alyson Footer is a reporter for MLB.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs. ========= 嗯,其實翻不好 如果有錯誤的 我再修正 -- ~ "環保" 可以當自己吝嗇的最佳理由 ~ -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 218.172.210.243

06/13 00:09, , 1F
100 points是100個千分點 也就是0.1 或者10個百分點
06/13 00:09, 1F
謝謝你^^... ※ 編輯: mysunny 來自: 140.127.52.87 (06/13 08:48)
文章代碼(AID): #16RbgDxV (Astros)