Mailbag: Will an impact bat be added?

看板Astros作者 (跟時間賽跑)時間17年前 (2006/11/07 16:09), 編輯推噓3(304)
留言7則, 2人參與, 最新討論串1/1
11/05/2006 10:26 PM ET Mailbag: Will an impact bat be added? Beat writer Alyson Footer answers Astros fans' questions By Alyson Footer / MLB.com 原文出處 http://myurl.com.tw/65mr Programming note: If you missed Friday's hour-long special, "Spotlight: Jeff Bagwell, Legacy of an MVP" on FSN Houston, it will re-run Tuesday night at 10 p.m. CT. Set your DVRs, this is one you don't want to miss. Also, if I may give a plug to my friend Larry Dierker's Web site, larrydierker.com. You'll find great photos, insights and perspectives from the former Astros pitcher and manager. He's advocating a worthy cause, fighting illiteracy. Check it out when you get a chance. 節目提醒︰如果你錯過了上週五在 FSN Houston一小時特 別節目︰ "Spotlight: Bagwell, Legacy of an MVP", 在星期二晚上十點還會重播。敬請把你家的錄影機設定好, 這是你絕對不能錯過的特輯。 Also, if I may give a plug to my friend Larry Dierker's Web site, larrydierker.com. You'll find great photos, insights and perspectives from the former Astros pitcher and manager. He's advocating a worthy cause, fighting illiteracy. Check it out when you get a chance. 另外,容我宣傳我朋友 Larry Dierker的網站︰http://larrydierker.com/ 你能在前太空人投手與總教練的網站看到精湛的圖片、見 識與觀點。他提倡一個有價值的理想,致力掃除文盲。 你有空的時候可以去看看。 On to the questions... 接下來是今天的問題... The title of your latest "mailbag" is "What bat will be added in '07." However, you didn't actually answer that question or even address it. What bats do you think are likely to be sought after for '07? I'm worried that we won't get anyone good like the past few years. What do you think? -- Luke T., Houston 問︰關於那篇標題為"07年會補進那個大棒子"的mailbag的內 容。我覺得你沒有明確的答案,甚至是滿足球迷的疑問。到底 你認為太空人可能會找哪個棒子來加入07年的打線?我實在擔 心我們像過去幾年一樣,不能補進好貨。你的看法如何? If I could look into a crystal ball and prognosticate the future, I would charge a lot more for my services. I can only tell you what could happen. 答︰如果我能看水晶球並從中預測未來動向的話,我一定會 按我的服務,索取天價。因為我能告訴你們未來會發生什麼事。 I feel that the Astros are going to sign one major impact bat to hit in the cleanup spot behind Lance Berkman. I believe chances are that bat will belong to Carlos Lee, mainly because he appears to have interest in the Astros as well. Mutual interest tends to push things along a little quicker than if the player has no allegiances and could not care less about playing in Houston (cough, cough, Carlos Beltran). 我覺得太空人會簽下一個在 Berkman後面,一棒定江山的四番 打者。我認為這機會是屬於 Carlos Lee的,主要是因為他也表 現對到太空人打球有興趣。雙方一拍即合的情形會讓簽約進展 會比球員沒擁戴,及不在乎是否在休士頓打球,還來的快。 (咳 咳 咳......Carlos Beltran) I do not believe Lee is a done deal, however. I have no idea how negotiations are going to go this winter. It's a long process, and while it would be great for the Astros to announce a splashy signing in front of the baseball world at the Winter Meetings in early December, there is no such thing as a guarantee this time of year. 但是我現在並不認為與 Lee的合約已經穩當,可是我對於今年冬 天雙方的會談並不清楚。進行的過程會很久,然而這對12月初 進行冬季會議,太空人宣佈眾人叫好的簽約時,會非常完美。 一年之中沒有比此時還要來的有保障了。 I feel they will pursue a second-tier starting pitcher, along the lines of a Woody Williams, Randy Wolf or Ted Lilly. 我認為太空人還會去簽個二線先發投手,考慮名單有 Woody Williams Randy Wolf 、Ted Lilly。 Here's a tip to use during the Hot Stove season. Look at the lists of free agents and ask yourself these questions: a) does this player play an outfield position, third base or catcher? Is he a solid starting pitcher? b) Is this player a proven veteran hitter or pitcher? c) Would this player fit in with the Astros' team philosophy? 在熱爐季節期間,有一個要領需好好運用。看一看自由球員名單 並問你自己幾個問題︰ a)這個野手是守外野、三壘,還捕手?他是頂尖的先發投手嗎? b)這位球員是有口皆碑,經驗豐富的打者或投手? c)這個球員本身適合太空人的球隊運作哲學嗎? If you can answer yes to "A" and "B," then assume the Astros are interested. "C" is a bonus -- attitude problems aren't going to be a deal breaker. 如果你回答題A與B的答案都是正面的,那就意指太空人隊這類型 球員有興趣。題C只是額外所獲---態度問題不會影響交易。 Here are two names you can cross off the list: Sean Casey and Gary Sheffield. The Astros want Berkman to play first base exclusively. They want him to go easy on the knee and would prefer he stay away from the outfield. Casey is a first baseman only, so that's out. 有兩個打者會讓你想到︰Sean Casey 和 Gary Sheffield。然而 太空人要 Berkman專門守一壘。他們要 Berkman的膝蓋沒有壓力, 而且也傾向不讓他在外野。 Casey只能守一壘,所以不考慮他。 Sheffield is going to cost $13 million, and has made it clear if the Yankees trade him, he's going to be an unhappy camper and when he's an unhappy camper, he makes life miserable for everyone around him. The Astros were somewhat intrigued early on but have decided not to pursue the Yankees slugger. 簽 Sheffield要花13M,而且他也表明若洋基將他交易出去,他會 變成鬱鬱寡歡的怪咖,如果他變成鬱鬱寡歡的怪咖,他就會讓週 遭的人都不好過。太空人本來對他有點心動,可最後還是決定不 簽這名洋基的強打者。 I also do not believe they're interested in Luis Gonzalez. I would say that they are interested in Lee, Alfonso Soriano, Gary Matthews Jr. and Aramis Ramirez, among others. 我也不認為太空人對 Luis Gonzalez有興趣。我會說他們現在想 簽下的球員是 Lee、Alfonso Soriano、Gary Matthews Jr.、 Aramis Ramirez其中的球員。 We disagree on Adam Everett. Why don't you want a better hitter at that position in the lineup? -- Mike, Pasqua 問︰我們才不認同 Adam Everett的表現。為什麼你就不想這位置 在打線中有個不錯的打者? Because I want better hitters at other positions, like the positions where you're supposed to have good hitters. Third base. Right field. Left field. Power positions need power hitters. Shortstop is not a power position. It's a skill position and Adam Everett is the most skilled player at that position. It's very simple. 答︰因為我要其他位置有好打者,就像你認為有些位置理應要有強打 一樣。像三壘、右外野、左外野。強力的位置需要強打者。游擊區 並非強力的位置。那是一個注重守備技巧的位置,而 Everett是 該區守備最有技巧性的野手。道理很簡單呀。 What are the chances the Astros could make some kind of deal to get Carl Crawford? What would the Devil Rays want in return for Crawford? -- Bob L., Houston 問︰太空人做些交易換來 Crawford的可能性多大?魔鬼魚會想要誰 來換 Crawford呢? Devil Rays hold options for 2009 and 2010. He's one of the players that the Devil Rays are hoping to build their club around. They've repeatedly said that they are not interested in trading Crawford. 答︰我沒聽說 Crawford可得。他於魔鬼魚的合約到2008年,而魔鬼魚 在合約中擁有2009與2010的選擇權。他是魔鬼魚寄望能建造他們球團 地位的球員之一。他們不斷表示沒有意願交易 Crawford。 But, let's say for argument's sake that they field offers. From the Astros, they'll want Roy Oswalt. And that's just for starters. Oswalt has a no-trade clause, and he is the Astros past, present and future. So, no deal for Crawford. 但是我們假設是由於他們提出的巧妙要求。對於太空人來說,他們一定 要留下王牌 Roy Oswalt。而這也只是開胃菜而已。 Oswalt擁有禁止交 易條約,而他也是太空人過去、現在與未來的球星。所以交易 Crawford ,免談。 How is it possible that Everett didn't win the Gold Glove? -- Luke T., Houston 問︰Everett怎麼可能沒獲得金手套獎? Gold Glove voting is an inexact science, to put it nicely. Managers and coaches vote, and not all of them spend enough time making informed decisions. Phil Garner and his crew took it very seriously and did some research before making their selections. I've seen other regimes that could not have been less interested in this very important responsibility. 答︰嚴格來看,金手套票選是種不嚴密的科學。參與票選的總教練和教練並 不是所有人都有花時間去作好決定。但是 Phil Garner和他的教練團對這種 票選,態度都很嚴謹,在圈選之前也會下功夫好好研究。我曾看過有些教練 對此重要職責並不是認真以對。 A lot of players win Gold Gloves on reputation. I would imagine Brad Ausmus' Gold Glove was based partly on merit, partly on reputation. Omar Vizquel is a terrific shortstop, without a doubt. But the fact that he was a 10-time Gold Glover probably helped him win his 11th. 很多獲得金手套的球員是因為守備好的聲望。我相信 Ausmus的金手套獎大部 分基於他這個長處的名聲而得。無庸置疑, Omar Vizquel是個守備滴水不漏 ,相當可怕的游擊手。但是他身為十次金手套得主的輝煌表現,為他贏得第十 一次加了不少分。 You know who should vote on this award? The players. I would appoint the five starting pitchers and the catchers on every team to vote on the Gold Gloves. Trust me, starting pitchers know exactly who's good and who stinks, since they depend on their fielders to keep their ERAs in check. And catchers are generally the most astute, given the cerebral nature of their job, plus the fact that they have the best view of everything happening on the field. 你知道誰最有資格頭投這個票選嗎?答案是球員。我認為要交給每支球隊的五 名先發投手和捕手來票選金手套獎。相信我,先發投手因為會仰賴隊友的守備 來保持自責分率,所以會很清楚那個野手守備佳而哪個守備爛。 而捕手事實上因為負責的工作最需用智力,腦袋一般最為敏銳,再加上他們 擁有綜觀球場上任何風吹草動的最佳視野。 And perhaps it would be a good idea to have position players vote for their positions, without being able to vote for themselves. 或許讓同位置的野手票選他位置的金手套獎,但是規定不能票選給自己。 It's time to put the voting responsibility in someone else's hands. 我想該是將票選任務轉換到其他人手上了。 Has an ex-catcher ever been a pitching coach? With Ausmus being so good with the pitchers, would that even be a possibility? -- Omar S., Rio Grande Valley, Texas 問︰曾有前捕手去擔任投手教練嗎?既然 Ausmus對投手這麼瞭解的話, 有沒有可能讓他當投手教練。 A number of former catchers have become very successful pitching coaches. The Cardinals' Dave Duncan is one that comes to mind. He caught for the Royals, A's, Indians and Orioles over an 11-year career from 1964-76 and has been a highly successful big-league pitching coach for the past 20 years. 答︰其實有很多原捕手成為稱職的投手教練。像紅雀隊 Dave Duncan的例子 就浮現在我的腦海了。他在1964~76,超過11年的時間,曾在皇家、運動家、 印地安人和金鶯蹲捕過。在過去這20年間,是個非常成功的大聯盟投手教練。 The general consensus around baseball is that Ausmus would make a great manager if he chooses to go that route. The same goes for any coaching aspirations he may have. I can't see him paying his dues by riding buses through the Minor Leagues, but I would imagine plenty of teams would offer him a job on the Major League level immediately. 棒球人一致都認為如果 Ausmus選擇教練的路走,以後必定是個有成就的總 教練。他擔任其它教練也會有相同功績。我不清楚他能否忍受在小聯盟搭 長途巴士的代價,但我相信很快會有一些大聯盟球隊要延攬他去當教練。 But let's not push him out the door just yet. The Gold Glover has one more year left as a player. 但是現在還不能將他推出去。金手套獎得主還有一年球員生涯啦。 How has Brandon Backe's recovery been? When can we expect the Galveston Kid back? -- Paul S., Baytown, Texas 問︰ Backe的手術復健進展的如何?我們何時才能見到 Galveston小子回到球場上? Backe's progressing well, but he's not coming back anytime soon. Tommy John elbow surgery requires 12 to 18 months of recovery. It's usually closer to 18 months than 12. He had the surgery in September, and he won't be back until spring of '08 at the earliest. 答︰ Backe的復建過程進行的很順利,不過他不會那麼快回到場上。 Tommy John手術需要12~18個月的復建時間。過程通常都會超過12個月 ,將近於18個月。他今年九月動了這個手術,所以到2008年初,他都 無法回到球場。 Is Greg Maddux a possibility for the Astros? -- Kevin C., Los Angeles 問︰Maddux有無可能到太空人隊來? I assumed that Maddux would stay with the Dodgers, but there are rumblings out of your neck of the woods that they may not re-sign the future Hall of Famer. From what I've heard, Maddux, who lives in Las Vegas, prefers to stay out west. If he's open to other options, I can't imagine the Astros wouldn't at least inquire about him. 答︰我想 Maddux會留在道奇隊,不過有周邊人士說道奇不會跟 這未來名人堂球員續約。據我所知, Maddux住在 LV,較想在西 岸的球隊打球。如果他考慮其他球隊,我不認為太空人會不要他。 Now that the Astros have declined Jeff Bagwell's '07 option, do you think they will retire his number, just like Jose Cruz, Nolan Ryan, Mike Scott etc.? -- Jeremy J., Houston 問︰既然太空人拒絕 Bagwell 2007年的選擇權,你想太空人 會像對 Jose Cruz、Nolan Ryan、Mike Scott一樣,將他的背 號退休嗎? Bagwell's number definitely will be retired at some point. I would hope it would happen during opening week next year. But I haven't heard anything definitive yet. It's safe to assume there won't be a waiting period as there was with the other players whose numbers were retired. No one will ever wear No. 5 or 7 again, and the Astros should act quickly when the retirements are official. Bagwell的背號必然會退休。我希望這儀式會在明年球季 開幕當週舉行。不過現在我還沒聽到任何相關訊息。保守來說 ,等待時間絕不會像其他球員背號退休那樣久。以後不會有人 再穿上 5 和 7號的球衣,到退休聲明正式宣佈後,太空人會 儘快動作。 What do you think the chances are that Taylor Buchholz makes the starting rotation at the beginning of the year? -- Chase H., Yoakum, Texas 問︰你認為明年季初 Buchholz擔任先發輪值的可能性多大? That up to Buchholz. He's been given multiple opportunities at the Major League level and hasn't exactly left an indelible impression. The Astros would like nothing more for Buchholz -- who three years ago was the prize of the Billy Wagner trade -- to solidify himself on this pitching staff. 答︰這要看 Buchholz到時的表現而定。他在大聯盟已獲得無數 的上場機會,但表現卻沒有留給眾人難忘的印象。太空人對 Buchholz 要的也不多--他是三年前與費城人交易 Wagner的收穫-- 在投球表現突出。 But while Buchholz has a tremendous arm and tremendous stuff, he hasn't adopted an air about him, a feeling of invincibility when he's on the mound. He needs to gain confidence, and no amount of coaching is going to push him in that direction. He has to find that within himself. I believe he's healthy, so it's up to him to win a spot in the rotation next spring. 雖然 Buchholz有強健的臂力還有良好的 Stuff,當他站在投手丘上, 不須刻意表現,就有一股無懈可擊的感覺油然而生。 他需要增強自信心,這不是教練的指導就能達到。他必須發現自己。 我相信他身體沒有傷痛,所以明年春訓贏得先發一員端靠自己 的奮鬥來決定。 With Aramis Ramirez filing for free agency and us needing a bat, would that not be a good fit and put Aubrey Huff in the outfield? -- Cambo N., Tomball, Texas 問︰既然 Aramis Ramirez已登記為自由球員,而我們也需要個打 者,簽下他,然後再將 Huff移到外野應該不錯吧? I'm not convinced Huff is returning. The Astros are expecting him to test the free-agent market, and considering he's not going to make less than the $6.75 million he pulled in last year, and he's probably looking for a multi-year deal, he may be expendable. 答︰我現在不確定 Huff明年還會不會留在太空人。太空人預計他會進 入自由市場測試身價,而他的價碼絕不會少於他上個球季 6.75M的年薪, 他大概會尋求複數年的合約,他也許可以考慮。 The Cubs have exclusive rights to negotiate with Ramirez until Nov. 11 and they are trying to re-sign him. The Angels and Dodgers also are interested if he becomes available. Ramirez is definitely intriguing, but I hope the Astros exercise caution. While Ramirez did set career highs in home runs and RBIs this year, he got off to a slow start and didn't pick up the slack when Derrek Lee was hurt. He's good. But is he clutch? 到11/11前,只有小熊隊有資格能跟 Ramirez磋商,而且小熊正試著要跟 他續約。假如可跟 Ramirez會談了,道奇和天使都有意思簽下他。Ramirez 挺狡詐的,不過我希望太空人能步步為營。雖然本季 Ramirez打出生涯 新高的全壘打與打點,但他慢熱,而且當 Derrek Lee受傷,無法上場時, 他卻不能肩替重任。他是個優秀的球員。不過他在關鍵時刻,能打回隊友 得分嗎? What's the scoop on a new pitching coach? -- Cary P., Hannibal, Mo. 問︰有沒有關於誰來當新投手教練的獨家消息? The Astros are taking their time on this one. GM Tim Purpura and Garner have spoken by phone with a couple of candidates but have not conducted any in-person interviews yet. 答︰目前太空人正花時間在處理這件事。總管 Purpura和總教練已與幾 名人選進行電話對談,不過他們尚未進行面試。 You mentioned that Chris Sampson is playing in the Arizona Fall League. Which team is he playing for? He isn't listed on the Mesa roster. -- Coy B., Fort Sumner, N.M. 問︰你說 Sampson現在在打 AFL。那他是哪隊的?他沒在 Mesa Solar Sox 的名單中啊。 Chris was on the roster but ended up not playing. He's not injured -- he just opted to rest instead. Sorry about the confusion. 答︰ Chris是 Mesa的一員,但是後來沒打了。他不是受傷,他是選擇 休息。抱歉造成你的疑惑。 ============================= 如果有哪錯了 我再改 謝謝 -- ~ "環保" 可以當自己吝嗇的最佳理由 ~ -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 218.172.211.213

11/08 01:19, , 1F
推一個的拉
11/08 01:19, 1F

11/12 20:44, , 2F
推一個 另外我還是比較習慣有放原文 :p
11/12 20:44, 2F

11/12 20:50, , 3F
有時候沒時間看的時候就一次看一段 沒原文每次都要開網頁
11/12 20:50, 3F

11/12 20:51, , 4F
還要找一下看到哪段了 比較麻煩 XD
11/12 20:51, 4F
其實我也比較習慣 :D ※ 編輯: mysunny 來自: 218.172.213.187 (11/12 22:43)

11/12 23:32, , 5F
講Crawford跟Oswalt那段我讀到"starters"時以為是指SP
11/12 23:32, 5F

11/12 23:33, , 6F
看完一整句後才覺得翻開胃菜似乎比較適合點
11/12 23:33, 6F

11/12 23:35, , 7F
不過不影響文意 都是指"不只想要Oswalt的意思"呢
11/12 23:35, 7F
文章代碼(AID): #15K3ysdD (Astros)