Mailbag: What bat will be added for '07?

看板Astros作者時間17年前 (2006/11/01 16:25), 編輯推噓3(300)
留言3則, 3人參與, 最新討論串1/1
10/30/2006 10:00 AM ET Mailbag: What bat will be added for '07? Beat writer Alyson Footer answers Astros fans' questions 原文出處 http://myurl.com.tw/aqst Now that the Cardinals have won the World Series, and since the Astros came so close to taking them out in the final week of the season, do you think it adds extra pressure on the team to add the much-needed bat for us to finally overcome the Cardinals and get back to the Series? -- Shelby S., Austin, Texas 問︰既然紅鳥贏得世界大賽,而太空人在例行賽最後一週 戰績直逼紅鳥,你認為是不是該施壓給球隊來增加迫切需 要的棒子,以在未來能擊敗紅鳥並打入世界大賽? I don't think the pressure is any greater now than it was when the Astros' offseason began. They know what needs to be done and the fact that they strung together a terrific winning streak at the end of the season doesn't change the fact that they need at least one hitter, and at least one starting pitcher, if not more. 答︰我想壓力不會比太空人在 offseason時還來的大。事實 上他們清楚未來該如何做,球季最後全隊雖然打出一波驚人 的連勝,但還是掩蓋不了需要個能一棒擊沉對手的打者、及 一名有壓制力的先發投手。 The Astros had a great April and two solid weeks to end the season. In between, they either a) played badly, b) horribly underachieved or c) squandered leads late in games. 太空人今年四月戰績不錯,進入球季最後兩週還打出一波高 潮。在這兩段期間,他們的表現並沒有 a)戰績沒打很爛 b)未正 常發揮,或 c)投手搞掉勝利。 That the Astros finished over .500 is not a reflection of their talent as much as it was a good old-fashioned miracle. The near-storybook ending doesn't cloud the reality that they have glaring weaknesses that need to be addressed. 太空人全隊勝率最後達到五成以上並不能作為他們是 支典型創造奇蹟球隊的反映。相似的故事結尾並無法遮蔭 他們暴露出來,應儘早解決的弱點。 That said, I'm sure it was hard for manager Phil Garner and the players to watch the postseason. Yes, the Cardinals played well, but all three of the teams they played were entirely beatable. The Padres just weren't that good, the Mets were short on starting pitchers and the Tigers bumbled and fumbled in the field until it cost them the World Series. The Astros probably could have beaten any of those clubs, because their starting staff was the best one going by the end of the season. 然而我確信,對於總教練 Garner和球員們來說,看到今年的季 後賽實在會很懊惱。沒有錯,紅鳥隊打的非常好,可是今年他們在今 年季後賽面對的三支球隊當時完全可擊。 教士打的並不佳,大都會先發投手戰力不足,而直到打進世界 大賽,老虎隊就在場上頻出狀況、屢屢漏球。太空人或許有能 力打敗這幾支球隊,因為太空人的先發投手群在季末實力無與 倫比。 Which Astros prospect do you see making the biggest impact next year for the team, and do you see Hunter Pence getting called up if the team's offense struggles again? -- Joseph F., Milwaukee, Wis. 問︰你認為哪個太空人新秀明年能發光發熱?假如球隊攻擊又再 疲軟,你想 Hunter Pence能被叫上來嗎? I think we saw a good sampling of some of the top prospects toward the end of last season, and I'd say Jason Hirsh probably has the best chance to make the most impact. I believe Pence will start the season at Triple-A, but if he does well and someone on the big-league level gets hurt or underperforms, we could maybe see Pence midseason. 我想我們在季末見到一些年輕選手出頭的好例子。 Hirsh最有可能發光發熱。我認為 Pence會從3A出發,不過如果他 在那邊表現不錯,而大聯盟又有球員受傷或表現不如預期,我們 在季中就能見他升上大聯盟了 Let's not rush things on Pence. I know he's an exciting player, but he also hasn't played higher than Double-A and it would be unfair to pin all of the offensive pressure on one kid. 對於 Pence來說,並非迫切之事。我認為他是一名令人驚艷的球員, 不過他從未在2A以上層級出賽,將所有壓力施加在一名孩子身上不 甚公平。 Do you think Preston Wilson is laughing at the Astros right now? And, even though he was released, is he still getting a bonus, even though he wasn't with the Cardinals all year? -- Michael L., Houston 問︰你認為現在 Wilson會嘲笑太空人當初將他釋出嗎?儘管他季中 被太空人釋出,到紅雀隊沒打滿整個球季,這樣他還能獲得世界大賽 的分紅嗎? Wilson will get a full World Series share, which last year topped $300,000. I'm not sure how excited millionaires get over that kind of money, but I know I'd probably be just a tad pleased if one of those checks were addressed to me. Anyway, as far as if he's laughing at the Astros, I don't know. I think it's safe to say he's somewhat grateful to them for releasing him rather than letting him languish on the bench. 答︰Wilson能獲得全額的世界大賽分紅,去年每人獲的金額高達 $300,000。 我不清楚百萬富翁們獲得這些錢的興奮程度,不過我知道如果我收到 這些支票的話,也只稍稍興奮而已。不管怎樣,他怎麼笑太空人,我 不清楚。 最保險的說法是他對太空人釋出自己,另尋空間,非讓他繼續苦坐冷 板凳而感到高興。 I wouldn't be too upset about Wilson leaving and going elsewhere and winning a World Series. He hit .200 throughout the postseason and one-fifth of his at-bats ended with strikeouts. He was the same Wilson he was in Houston. The difference is that in St. Louis, he was able to be himself -- a marginal hitter who can do a few things here and there but is not asked to be "The Man." He was in a lineup with good hitters and was not expected to carry the team. In Houston, he was thrust right into the spotlight as the guy who was going to get the Astros over the offensive hump. He's not that player and hasn't been for a couple of years, and he's better off somewhere else. 對於 Wilson遭到釋出,而後到別隊並且贏得世界大賽,對此我並沒有 太哀怨。他整個季後賽打擊率才 .200,打數五分之一是三振作結。 他還是休士頓那位頻頻揮空的 Wilson呀。 這其中的不同是他在聖路易打球,他能夠做自己--在此為不甚重要的 打者,貢獻何其少,不會被要求將對手一棒擊沉。他在一個擁有優秀 打者的打線內,不被期許將隊友打回得分。而在休士頓,媒體認為他 能將太空人的打線帶起來。但他並不是這種舉足輕重的打者,也沒有 維持幾年,所以對他較好的方式,就是到別處去。 I'm sure you've received this one, but what is your sense of the likelihood of Roger Clemens returning to the team? And Andy Pettitte? -- Aaron K., New York 問︰我相信你已經知道這個風聲了,但你覺得 Clemens回太空人的可 能性多大?至於 Pettitte呢? I'm sure up in your hometown, Eric, there's a buzz about the possibility of Clemens and Pettitte returning to the Yankees. I doubt it'll happen. If I had to guess, I'd say Clemens will give the midseason signing another try, and I think Pettitte will agree to sign one more year, with perhaps an option for a second year. He is torn between continuing his career and retiring, but he ended the season so well, I can't see him walking away. 答︰Eric,我相信在你的家鄉有傳說 Clemens 和 Pettitte要回洋基的 耳語。但我相信這是絕對不可能的事。要我推測他們未來動向的話,我 想老克會願意季中回到場上,再次試驗自己,而且我認為 Pettitte願意 再與太空人簽下一年合約,可能伴隨第二年的選擇權。 至於該繼續職業生涯還是就此退休, Pettitte難以決定,不過今年球季末, 他的狀況相當好,所以我想他不會就此離開球場的。 But I do not think either will go to the Yankees. You never say never, but Pettitte's reasons for coming home in the first place were mainly family related, and those priorities haven't changed. Clemens has a pretty sweet deal with the Astros, one that I doubt many other teams would offer. We'll see. 不過我不認為他倆會回到洋基。不能說絕不可能,但是 Pettitte 當初願意回到家鄉打球的首要理由就是考量到家庭因素,想和家人有 更多時間相處,而這些原因順序是不會改變的。而 Clemens和太空人間 有份好約,我認為這份合約不是他隊願意給的。咱們就走著瞧吧! I was wondering if Jeff Bagwell will announce his retirement like we all expect him to. Will last year count as his five-year wait for the Hall of Fame? -- Zachary S., Portland, Texas 問︰我想知道 Jeff Bagwell是否正如我們所期待的,對外宣布退休。 還有他去年的缺席有沒有算在他名人堂票選的五年等待內? The Astros have between now and the end of the week to decline the 2007 option on Bagwell's contract. Once they buy him out, I expect him to announce that he is retiring. Stay tuned. 答︰目前是太空人拒絕和 Bagwell合約中2007年選擇權最後一週的期間 。太空人一旦與他買斷的話,我預計他就會宣布退休。所以您別轉台,敬請期待。 Bagwell's Hall of Fame eligibility starts with the first year during which he does not play a Major League game. That means the clock started ticking in 2006, and he will be eligible for Hall of Fame voting in January of 2011. Bagwell的名人堂選舉資格年數是從他未打大聯盟球賽開始。這意指 五年等待會從2006開始算起,所以2011年一月他就有資格被票選為名 人堂球員了。 Chris Sampson had a few strong appearances in the second half of the Astros 2006 season. How do you estimate his chances this spring in joining the rotation? -- Eric N., Sylva, N.C. 問︰2006年下半季, Sampson在太空人有幾次不錯的後援與先發。 你個人估計明年春訓他加入先發輪值的可能多大? The two players who left more of a lasting impression than anyone at the end of last season were Sampson and Luke Scott. They could not have done anything more to show that they should receive strong, strong consideration when Spring Training begins next year. 答︰季末比其他球員留給大家更多印象的兩名新秀為 Sampson和 Scott。 他倆展現的不過於讓球團在明年春訓時應該給予強大的青睞。 I envision Sampson and Dave Borkowski as the prototypical long reliever/spot starter. Will there be room for both? That remains to be seen. Sampson will probably be on the list as candidates for the No. 5 starter. They always have a bunch of pitchers gunning for the final spot, and Sampson could surely be one of them. 我想 Sampson和 Dave Borkowski未來能擔任典型能長中繼又能支援先發 的角色。以後有沒有這兩人的空間呢?接下來我們就知道了。Sampson 可能列在第五號先發候選的名單中。太空人有一堆投手欲追求最後一個 席次, Sampson確實是其中一人。 Am I mistaken in my interpretation of your comments that you would advocate letting Brad Ausmus go for more offense? Brad is one of the best defensive catchers around. I guess I just think this team, as it is, has got what it takes to get to a championship, but can't seem to pull it together for a full season. So what's the solution? -- Woodrow D., Tomball, Texas 問︰是我誤解您上週說支持讓 Ausmus離開太空人,以換取更多攻擊火 力觀點嗎? Brad是防守最好的捕手之一。我會認為這支球隊若贏得冠軍 事實上其中一定有一些助力在,但是整季是看不出來的。 所以答案是? I am not advocating letting Ausmus go. I think he has great value on this team and he is also signed through 2007, so he is definitely coming back. Brad is brilliant in handling pitchers. He knows the tendencies of every hitter in both leagues, and he is a very calming, stable influence on all pitchers, young and old. His value is not the kind of stat you can find on paper, and therefore he gets a bad rap because of his hitting. 答︰我沒有說支持讓 Ausmus走啦。我認為他對這支球隊有相當大的價 值,而他的合約簽到2007年,無疑明年還能留在球隊。 Brad在處理投 手方面相當傑出。他了解兩個聯盟各打者的習性,而且他非常冷靜沉著 能穩穩的引導年輕或老經驗的投手。 他帶給球隊的價值不是你從紙上的數據就能瞧見的,然而由於他糟糕 的打擊讓他遭受了責備。 My point with the Adam Everett argument is Brad is not the long-term plan at catcher. He is entering the last year of his contract and will probably retire. Everett, on the other hand, is just now turning 30 (next February), is arbitration-eligible and should be a major factor in the club's future. 我對於 Adam Everett的觀點是說,在捕手位置上, Brad不是長期計畫。 他明年就到合約最後一年,而且也有可能退休。至於 Everett,換句話 說,將步入三十歲的他(明年二月),有薪資仲裁資格,這應會是球團二游 防線未來的重大要素。 Yes, the Astros have problems because their last three hitters are automatic outs. But you do not get rid of your best and youngest defensive player because your catcher, who is in the very latter stage of his career, is not producing at the plate, either. 沒有錯,太空人由於打線後三棒穩死無疑而有斷層的問題在。可是你不能 因為你的老捕手即將退休,平常也無量產,而屏棄那守備最穩,年紀也不大 的野手啊。 Does that mean Adam should move up in the lineup? Does it mean the Astros should look for a more offensively sound catcher to share playing time with Ausmus? Perhaps. I still think that if the Astros add a couple of very solid hitters to the middle of the order, we won't be paying a bit of attention to Everett or Ausmus, because we won't care. The Astros will still score plenty of runs to win. 所以這意謂要讓 Adam仍在打線中?表示太空人應該找個較有火力的捕手來和 Ausmus共同分擔位置?也許。我仍認為不管太空人是否增加中心打者, 我們不必去計較Everett 或 Ausmus到底有無貢獻,因為我們不在意他們 這方面的成績。太空人仍然能得很多分贏球。 It appears to me that Brad Lidge needs a third pitch to get him back to his 2005 level. A changeup or split would be nice, and would give the hitters something else to think about. Has he considered adding another pitch to his arsenal? -- Herb C., Baytown, Texas 問︰對我來說, Lidge顯然需要再練第三種球路以讓他回到2005 年壓制打者的水準。練變速球或快速指叉球應該不錯,而且也可 以迷惑打者。他個人有考慮再練一種球路當作武器嗎? Lidge actually started working with a two-seam fastball toward the end of the season and was pleased with the results. Rather than adding a changeup or split-finger fastball to his arsenal, I have a feeling he'll concentrate on perfecting the two-seamer to accompany his slider. 答︰今年季末 Lidge已開始用二縫線速球當作武器,成果也頗 收效。他沒有練變速球或快速指叉球,我想是因為他要致力把 二縫線練得更臻完美,以搭配他凌利的滑球。 ======================= 如果有錯要改的地方 我再改 不過最近我把我電腦弄壞了 所以要等他回來我再弄 -- ~ "環保" 可以當自己吝嗇的最佳理由 ~ -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 140.127.60.222 ※ 編輯: mysunny 來自: 140.127.60.222 (11/01 16:34) ※ 編輯: mysunny 來自: 140.127.60.222 (11/01 16:35)

11/01 18:30, , 1F
Sampson跟Scott那段"親睞"應該是"青睞"
11/01 18:30, 1F
已修改 3Q

11/02 13:39, , 2F
有看有推
11/02 13:39, 2F

11/03 02:15, , 3F
看一次推一次
11/03 02:15, 3F
※ 編輯: mysunny 來自: 218.172.202.217 (11/03 13:23)
文章代碼(AID): #15I5dkP6 (Astros)