Mailbag: Potential comings and goings

看板Astros作者 (喜歡[切。格瓦拉]的勇氣)時間17年前 (2006/10/24 13:29), 編輯推噓5(500)
留言5則, 5人參與, 最新討論串1/1
10/23/2006 10:00 AM ET Mailbag: Potential comings and goings Beat reporter Alyson Footer answers fans' burning questions By Alyson Footer / MLB.com 原文出處 / http://myurl.com.tw/g486 Do you think the Astros will make a run for Barry Zito or Jason Schmidt? -- Ruben F., San Bernardino, Calif. 問︰你想太空人會跟別隊競逐 Zito或 Schmidt嗎? They'll inquire about them, I'm sure, but I'm guessing that both are out of the Astros' price range. First of all, Zito recently hired Scott Boras to represent him, which means that not only is Zito going for the highest paycheck, someone is going to overpay for him. The Astros don't have $100 million to spend on one pitcher, and I'm guessing Zito's multiyear contract is going to cost close to that. 答︰太空人當然需要這兩名投手的戰力,不過這兩大 投的身價超過太空人所能的經濟範圍。首先,Zito最 近雇了 Boras當經紀人,這意謂不只 Zito能掙得高薪 ,也代表有球隊要為簽他而多付價碼。太空人沒有財 力花$100M在一名強投身上,而我猜 Zito複數年合約 的價碼與此相去不遠。 Schmidt will also cost a bundle, and the Astros probably won't have enough for him, either. I would imagine they'll look at the second tier of pitchers -- Randy Wolf, Woody Williams, Ted Lilly, etc. -- and hope that Andy Pettitte and Roger Clemens want to pitch next year. I think a rotation of Roy Oswalt, Pettitte, Williams, Jason Hirsh and a youngster as the No. 5 -- whether it's Matt Albers, Wandy Rodriguez or Taylor Buchholz -- would be a good way to start. Throw Clemens in there around early July, and then you've got something. 簽 Schmidt也是需要花上一筆,而且太空人可能也沒 這麼多錢簽他。我想太空人會放眼水準稍遜的投手-- 像 Randy Wolf、Woody Williams、Ted Lilly...等, 然後希望 Pettitte和 Clemens願意明年留在太空人。 我認為明年的投手輪值依序會是 Oswalt、Pettitte、 Williams、Hirsh和一名年輕小將擔任第五號先發,不 管這人是 Albers、Rodriguez或 Buchholz都為先發的 好人選。 至於 Clemens就先擱到七月初再來大顯神威,諸此安排 會有所獲益的。 Have you heard anything about Aubrey Huff being re-signed, or are the Astros going to let him go? -- Douglas J., Fort Polk, La. 問︰你有聽到關於太空人和 Huff續約或不留人的風聲嗎? Not sure which way they're leaning on Huff. He may cost more than he's worth, and considering he's good but not spectacular at any of the positions he plays, the Astros may not be inclined to sign him to a multiyear deal. He'll probably cost around $7 million a year, and I'm not convinced the club thinks he's worth it. 答︰我不確定太空人到底要如何對待 Huff。看他表現雖不 錯,但在各位置並沒突出表現的情況下,他的身價不值他開 出的籌碼,太空人也不願與他簽複數約。他一年可能要$7M 的薪水,我不認為球團覺得有把錢花在刀口上。 They'll first have to decide if they have enough faith in Morgan Ensberg to man third base for a full season. I have my doubts, based on his '06 performance and his decision to not be forthright with his injuries. I would like to see Huff on this club next year. Last season was tough for him -- he came to a new league and had to adjust to a slew of pitchers he'd never faced, and he also had to adjust to the pressure that accompanies playing for a contender, which he'd never done in his previous six years. I'm guessing he'd be more relaxed next year given the comforts of a new contract and a comfort level with this club he didn't have last year. 太空人首先須決定是否能信賴 Ensberg守滿整季的三壘 。看他06年的表現以及隱瞞傷勢的情形下,我對他並沒有信心 。我希望 Huff明年仍在太空人隊。 去年對 Huff來說,實在是個辛苦的球季--季中轉到另一聯盟 ,然後要適應許多未曾面對投手的球路,以及伴隨球隊要競爭 分區冠軍的壓力,這些是他過去六年從未面對過的。 我認為給他新合約的舒適心情以及先前對這個球團未有的 安定感,他的身心會更自在。 He's also got a bit of an edge to him, yet he fit in well with his teammates. I think that kind of presence is good in the Astros' clubhouse. Huff還有一些個人優勢在於他與隊友相處融洽,我認為這種 情形在太空人處所是個好現象。 Rumor has it that the Reds are getting rid of their big strikeout hitter -- Adam Dunn. Do you think the Astros will try to get him on a trade? I would love to see Adam here! His hometown is New Caney. -- Samuel R., Houston 問︰謠傳紅人隊要擺脫他們的三振王 Adam Dunn。你想 太空人會把他交易來嗎?我想要 Dunn到太空人打球,他 家鄉位在休士頓的 New Caney呢。 Apparently, Dunn is salivating at the idea of playing for his hometown Astros. And yes, the Reds are throwing around the idea of trading him for pitching. So it's something that I'm sure both teams will look into this winter. 答︰顯然 Dunn對為家鄉效力感到躍躍欲試。當然紅人隊 也丟出要拿投手做交換的動作。我確信這是今年冬天值得 兩隊好好研究的大事。 I've made my opinions of Dunn clear in past mailbags, and those opinions aren't too popular among those who want the 6-foot-6 slugger in the Astros' lineup. I won't beat around the bush -- his 194 strikeouts make my stomach turn. The Astros have enough hitters who whiff on a much-too-regular basis. Why add another? 在過去的郵包中,我已經清楚表明我對 Dunn的觀點,不過 這些看法對希望這身長 6-6長打者來太空人的球迷心中, 實在很刺耳。 我就不拐彎末角,直接了當說出來吧---見到 Dunn今年領了 194張老K,我的胃就不斷翻騰。太空人已經有夠多愛揮空 的打者。幹麻還要再多補一個呢? bit. First of all, as we know, Dunn is a terrific home run hitter. He's hit at least 40 three years in a row. And he walks a lot. He's drawn at least 100 free passes in each of the last three seasons. He's averaging .380 in on-base percentage over that same span of time -- not too shabby. 不過我一個和紅人官方組織密切的友人改變了我ㄧ些看 法。第一,眾人都知 Dunn是個可怕的全壘打打者。年 產至少有40發。而且保送多。最近三季至少有兩季為球隊 打超過100分的。生涯平均上壘率 .380,不會太差。 He'd look quite nice hitting in the cleanup spot, behind Lance Berkman. Yes, I'll admit that. But a .234 batting average? Yikes. 憑良心說,讓他棒次在 Berkman後,打清壘的第四番看 來不錯。不過見到那 .234的打擊率呢?本人會當場吐血。 I've seen that Daisuke Matsuzaka of the Japanese League will be pursuing a career in the Majors. Given his dominating performance in the World Baseball Classic and the Astros' need of pitching this offseason, do you think the Astros will be involved in bidding for the negotiation rights? -- Addison R., Houston 問︰我知道日本職棒的松[土反]大輔準備進軍大聯盟。看他 經典賽在投手丘上的宰制能力,以及今年季後太空人需要 補強先發投手,你想太空人會和其他球隊一樣,透過入札 制來取得磋商權嗎? Here's the way the whole scenario has been explained to me, and after you hear this, you'll probably agree that the Astros have a better chance of signing Donald Trump as their waterboy than putting Matsuzaka on the roster next year. 答︰以下是我對於此局面的看法,你看完後可能會覺得太 空人簽下 Donald Trump當茶水小弟比簽下松[土反]的機會 還要大。 Matsuzaka's team, the Seibu Lions, owns a player for nine years, then he becomes a free agent. Matsuzaka just completed year No. 8 and will be a free agent after next season, at which time he will sign with a Major League team. In order to make some money off Matsuzaka while they can, they will "sell" his rights to the highest bidder. 松[土反]的母隊西武獅擁有球員九年的賣身契,然後期滿 球員才能成為自由球員。松[土反]已待八年,明年球季結 束會成為自由球員,到時他就能和跟大聯盟球隊簽約。 然而為了從松[土反]的離開省卻一大筆資金,西武隊會把 球員擁有權轉賣給競價最高的大聯盟球隊。 Any big-league team can bid on Matsuzaka. It's a one-time bid, and the offers are sealed documents. The highest bid will likely be in the $15 million to $20 million range. And that's just for the rights to negotiate with him. 每支大聯盟球隊都可以參與松[土反]大輔的競價。競價只 有一次,出價的文件會先彌封。最高的競標價可能是在$15M 至$20M間。而這是獲得與松[土反]磋商洽談的權利而已。 The next step is negotiating a contract with Matsuzaka's agent, who is probably going to be Boras. Let's say he agrees to a four-year deal worth $44 million. Ultimately, the team that gets him will pay upwards of $64 million, including the bid price. 接下來要與松[土反]的經紀人商談,未來那人應該會是 Boras。 我們先說他同意簽下4年44M的合約好了。但是最後球隊為了他 要付出$64M以上的金額,因為這包含作為轉隊費的競價。 Sound ridiculous? To the Yankees and Red Sox, not so much. For a cash-conscious team like the Astros, however, Mr. Matsuzaka is probably not on the radar screen. 聽來很荒謬吧,對洋基和紅襪來說,花的錢還不多。但對於 每分錢會斤斤計較的太空人球團來說,松[土反]桑不會在 雷達屏幕裡。 Do the Astros have any players in the Arizona Fall League? -- Jack C., Springdale, Ark. 問︰太空人有農作物在打 AFL嗎? Yes, they have seven -- Albers, Mark McLemore, Troy Patton, Chris Sampson, Hunter Pence, Mike Rodriguez and Lou Santangelo. Plus, Koby Clemens and Tommy Manzella are playing in the Hawaii Winter League, and a slew of familiar names are slated to play Winter Ball, including (but not limited to) Rodriguez, Willy Taveras, Philip Barzilla, Ezequiel Astacio, Fernando Nieve, Hector Gimenez, J.R. House, Luke Scott and Humberto Quintero. 答︰太空人有七名球員參加 AFL賽事--Albers、Mark McLemore Chris Sampson、Hunter Pence、Mike Rodriguez、Lou Santangelo。 另外, Koby Clemens和 Tommy Manzella 目前在打夏威夷冬 季聯盟,還有很多我們耳熟能詳的球員也在冬季聯盟奮鬥,包括 (但不是只限定這些人) Rodriguez、Taveras、Barzilla、 Astacio、Nieve、J.R. House、Scott、Quintero。 I know Adam Everett is one the best defensive shortstops in baseball. Would you give up his defense for more offense? -- Austin P., Palestine, Texas 問︰我知道 Adam Everett是頂尖的游擊手之一。你會願意 捨他的守備換打線更強的攻擊嗎? I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Everett is not one of the best shortstops -- he's the best shortstop in baseball. He makes playing that position look easy. No, I would not give up his defense for more offense. I would, however, give up defense for more offense at another position, such as catcher or center field. 答︰我要竭盡所能說 Everett不是頂尖的游擊手之一--而是 最頂尖的游擊手。他讓這個位置看起來輕鬆寫意。我是不願 捨他的精湛守備換取火力的。我反而希望能捨其他位置像捕 手、中外野啦的守備來換取更多砲火。 Everett is a .240 to .250 hitter, and I can live with that if other areas of the team improve. I know I sound like a broken record, but I will defend Everett as long as he's healthy and playing his position at such an elite level. You don't trade away the best defensive shortstop in today's game because your catcher, who's probably going to retire after '07, doesn't contribute anything offensively. That's ultimately what it boils down to in that argument, folks. Everett是個 .240 ~ .250的打者,如果球隊其他位置增進, 我可以忍受。我知道說來一文不值,但是只要 Everett無傷 痛纏身,守備功力維持頂級,我就會支持他到底 絕不能將當前守備固若金湯的游擊手交易掉,因為他同隊 那位打擊也毫無貢獻的捕手,2007年結束後可能就退休了。 各位,最後我們可以將討論簡單歸結至上面這個原因。 The Astros' offense needs help, yes. But humor me -- let's add another 30-homer, 100-RBI guy to the lineup and then see how much Everett's offensive shortcomings hurt the team. I promise you, no one will care what he's doing at the plate if the middle of the order does what it's supposed to. 沒有錯,太空人需要加強攻擊能力。不過你就遷就我的想法 吧--補個 30HR、100RBI的球員後,你就嘗到沒有 Everett守 備的苦頭了。我跟你保證,沒人會在乎他在打擊區上表現是否 如中心打者一樣。 ================ 嗯..沒做好之處 我再改了 -- ~ "環保" 可以當自己吝嗇的最佳理由 ~ -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 218.172.207.143

10/24 15:22, , 1F
辛苦了!! Huff那段講到寶哥那裡的文字好像漏囉
10/24 15:22, 1F
謝謝告知^^a,很奇怪的是有時我打的內容都會莫名整行被吃掉 ※ 編輯: mysunny 來自: 218.172.207.232 (10/24 16:54) ※ 編輯: mysunny 來自: 218.172.207.232 (10/24 16:57)

10/25 10:51, , 2F
有打擊有守備的SS--艾羅德先生!!!!!
10/25 10:51, 2F

10/25 11:22, , 3F
可是拿得出可以跟A-Rod換的東西啊 Oswalt嗎?不要啊....
10/25 11:22, 3F

10/25 12:30, , 4F
郵包系列翻一篇就推一篇...
10/25 12:30, 4F

10/26 00:06, , 5F
有看有推
10/26 00:06, 5F