Mailbag: Who will replace Hickey?

看板Astros作者 (喜歡[切。格瓦拉]的勇氣)時間17年前 (2006/10/10 15:25), 編輯推噓2(200)
留言2則, 2人參與, 最新討論串1/1
10/09/2006 4:55 PM ET Mailbag: Who will replace Hickey? Beat reporter Alyson Footer answers Astros fans' questions By Alyson Footer / MLB.com 原文出處 / http://myurl.com.tw/7c5f Did I miss something? The one thing that went mostly right for the Astros in 2006 was the pitching -- second in the National League. The firing of Jim Hickey doesn't make sense on the surface. Was there something else that prompted this? -- Paul C. 問︰我是不是漏掉什麼消息了?太空人06年表現最好的 部份莫過於投手了,團隊自責分率為國聯第二,僅次於 教士隊。最近球團居然要投手教練 Hickey走人,實在不 合理。會這麼做是不是有其他的導因呢? Probably. There's always something more going on than the club will let on, and I have to wonder if there were other issues that led to Hickey's dismissal. The club said it wanted someone with fresh ideas, and someone who can start with a clean slate with a pitching staff that will look vastly different from this year's. They fired hitting coach Gary Gaetti in July for the same reasons -- they wanted a new voice with new ideas. On some levels, I can see why a club would want to start anew. 答︰你可能錯過了一些訊息。事實上的砍人原因絕對比球 團對外發佈的說法還要多,而我也必須要了解是否有其它 導致 Hickey走人的實情。 據球團的說法,是表示想用一個想法新穎、妥善調度 先發與後援投手、作法能與今年大大不同的投手教練。七 月份辭掉打擊教練 Gaetti也是基於這個理由--因為球團要 聽到有新想法的「新」聲。 某個程度來看,我能夠理解球團為何做出重新來過的 決定。 But Hickey spent 14 years in the Minor League system, and his forte is coaching the youngsters. The Astros are going to have quite a few young guys on staff next year, so dismissing him in that respect makes no sense. I don't think they blamed Hickey for the early struggles of Andy Pettitte and Brad Lidge. Maybe they thought they'd get more out of Wandy Rodriguez, Taylor Buchholz and Fernando Nieve. I don't know what Hickey could have done to help in that area. Playing time for the younger guys was inconsistent and pressure-filled, and in that respect, they performed as expected. 不過 Hickey在小聯盟系統待14年了,主要是教導年輕 投手。明年太空人該層級的年輕投手並不多,然而因為如此 而解雇他也說不過去。我認為球團也不是要他承擔今年小派 與里肌不穩的責任。 也許他們覺得想要從 Rodriguez、Buchholz、Nieve這 些年輕小將中見到成長。我不知道 Hickey在這方面究竟有 何助益。給予這些小將的上場空間是斷斷續續又充滿壓力 的,所以他們的表現就正如預料中的自爆。 I am disappointed that Hickey was let go. Everyone I know is disappointed with that fact. I don't think we are getting the straight story on why he is gone now. Perhaps you can keep us posted to where he lands his next job. Personally, I think one of the networks (not FOX -- we want to keep Jim Deshaies and Bill Brown) need some new announcers and I could see him being the perfect person. -- Adam B., Cypress, Texas 問︰對於球團辭掉 Hickey,我實在很失望。我認識的每 個球迷對此都很難過。我想我們目前不會得知他走人的確 實原因。也許你可以告訴我們他接下來會落腳於哪。 就我個人來說,我認為一些轉播單位(FOX不可以,我 們要 Deshaies和 Brown繼續服務。)需要一些新進播報員 ,然後我就能看他在該領域一展長才。 Hickey did a bunch of in-game interviews during the playoffs in the last two years and the announcers were bowled over by how articulate and well-spoken he is. I'm sure there would be interest on the broadcasting side, but I think coaching is Hickey's first choice. He hopes to find a coaching job with another Major League team, but would take a Minor League appointment, too. 答︰Hickey在過去兩年季後賽,於球賽進行時接受了數次 專訪,而主播、球評對於他清晰的口齒與流暢的表達能力 感到訝異。 我相信對於轉播球賽他也有興趣,不過我認為當投手 教練才是 Hickey的首選。現在他希望在大聯盟其他球隊 有個工作,不過也有可能是到小聯盟去。 Given the release of Hickey and the notion that Roger Clemens is likely to retire, is it possible that the front office is considering Clemens as Hickey's replacement for next season? I would like to see Clemens pitch again next year as much as any Astros fan, but if he doesn't, we can only hope that he is involved in the organization in some way! -- Wayne S. 問︰既然我們知道 Hickey被炒魷魚,然後老克也可能退休 ,太空人官方有沒有可能考慮明年簽老克來取代 Hickey的 的職缺呢?我和每個太空人迷一樣,想看老克再度上場投球 ,但是如果他退休了,我們希望他還能留在這個組織內發揮。 Clemens will definitely be involved in the organization in some way once he retires. Major League pitching coach? Doubtful. At least, not yet. 答︰當老克退休,他絕對會留在太空人組織內。那麼是擔任 大聯盟的投手教練嗎?不可能的。至少還未到那個時機。 I would be surprised if someone who was required to show up only a couple of times a week for half a season this year would be interested in delving into a 162-game schedule, plus 44 days of Spring Training and possibly the playoffs. 如果有個人,他今年才投了半季,每週兩次出賽而現 在有意整季全勤、外加44天春訓、以及打季後賽的話,我 絕對會瞠目結舌。 I envision Clemens wanting to be a roving Minor League pitching instructor. He could come and go, float around the Minor League affiliates and spend time with the kids. I'm guessing that he has a much more enjoyable time hanging out with the Minor Leaguers than he does with his Major League teammates. 我想老克想要游走擔任小聯盟投手教練。他可以在小聯盟 各階球隊來去,各處巡迴去栽培那些幼苗。我猜想他流連於 小聯盟點撥年輕投手比他指導大聯盟隊友還來的更有樂趣、 成就。 Is it possible, or even likely, that if Cecil Cooper gets a managerial position in the offseason, the Astros could woo Billy Doran from the Royals to be the bench coach? -- Wendi P. 問︰在季後休兵之時,有沒有機會或可能太空人將 Cecil Cooper 調到管理方面的工作,然後找皇家隊的 Billy Doran 來擔任板凳教練? I would imagine that if Cooper were to move on, Doran could be a possibility. He's currently the bench coach of the Royals and filled in as interim manager toward the end of the year when Buddy Bell had health problems. I haven't heard if Doran has been invited back to the Royals' coaching staff for '07. Cooper has a job in Houston, but if he gets one of the open managerial jobs, his bench coach position will be up for grabs. I see no reason why Doran would not be a candidate. 答︰我想如果 Cooper被調動的話,找 Doran來是可能的 。他現在是皇家隊的板凳教練,並因為後來其總教練 Buddy Bell 身體健康的問題,直到季末暫時代理總教練的職務。我還 沒聽說 Doran被邀請07年繼續為皇家擔任教練的消息。 Cooper目前在太空人隊有工作,不過如果他去擔任公 管理工作的話,原板凳教練的工作就準備換人幹。說 Doran 為何不是人選,沒有理由不是。 Do you think the Astros would be willing to bring back Wade Miller after returning from a lengthy rehab? Miller had a lot of success for the Astros and I'm surprised they did not take a chance on one of our better pitchers. I think at least he's a good insurance policy considering the question marks surrounding our pitching staff for next year. -- Anthony R., Houston 問︰Wade Miller經過長期復建後,你想太空人願意將他 簽回來嗎? Miller在太空人隊投得很不錯,對於太空人 05年沒給這位好投手一個機會,我實在很訝異。我覺得 想想明年那還未明確的投手陣容,簽他至少算是個不錯的 安全保證。 Highly, highly doubtful. Miller was terrific for a time, but his injury problems are not anything the Astros should be willing to take on. Just because he was able to get through a few starts with the Cubs at the end of this season does not mean there isn't a lot wrong with his shoulder. If I were the Astros, I wouldn't go there. 答︰把 Miller簽回來是絕絕對對不可能的事。 Miller表 現很糟糕,不過他的傷勢並非太空人考量的惟一理由。因 為今年季末他雖在小熊隊先發了幾場,但並不表示他的肩 膀已無大礙。如果我是太空人球團,我不會去簽他的。 Why doesn't Lance Berkman's name show up among the Most Valuable Player candidates? I know that Ryan Howard will probably win the award, but Berkman's stats are very good and he is still not being mentioned. -- Kevin L., Houston 問︰為什麼肥仔的大名未在MVP的候選人中題提及呢?我知 道費城的仙猴可能贏的這個獎項,不過好歹人家肥仔今年表 現出來的數據也可圈可點,然而他居然沒被提及。 Had the Astros pulled off the impossible and won the division, there's no way Berkman should not have been the favorite to win the MVP award. He hit .330 in September and the Astros never could have strung together all of those wins without him. In 1999, Chipper Jones beat Jeff Bagwell for MVP solely based on the fact that he carried the Braves in September. Berkman did the same for the Astros this year. 答︰如果前幾天太空人能創造奇蹟,贏得國聯中區冠軍,就 不可能說肥仔不會是是國聯 MVP的大熱門。他九月份打擊率 .330,沒有他的貢獻,太空人是不會打出一波連勝的。 1999年,[勇士的老大]打敗老巴贏得MVP,就是因為他在 9月的表現帶領勇士進季後賽。肥仔今年的情況就因如此。 I'm guessing that Berkman will finish third, behind Howard and Albert Pujols. That I can live with. But if Roy Oswalt doesn't win the Cy Young Award, I'll consider it a travesty. He was the Berkman of the pitching staff last month. 我推測肥仔在該票選最後會得第三,落後於[仙猴]與[普 大帝]。這樣的結果我還可以接受。不過如果小華今年沒得到 賽揚獎的話,我就會認為沒天良。他上個月的投球表現,根本 就是投手中的肥仔呀。 Jason Hirsh pitched well this year, do you think that he will be the Astros No. 3 starter next year? -- Brett A., Nova Scotia, Canada 問︰今年上來的 Hirsh投的不錯,你想他明年會是太空人的 第三號先發嗎? Hirsh will have a shot at the rotation during Spring Training next year, with an obvious edge over the competition because of what he did toward the end of '06. No one is guaranteed anything, especially the rookies. But Hirsh has been the club's top pitching prospect for a few years and he appears to be ready for the big leagues. Where he falls into the order depends on who else is on the pitching staff. The Astros will be scouring the free agent and trade markets for potential acquisitions and it's way too early to tell where the young guys will fit in. 答︰Hirsh在明年春訓有機會成為投手輪值一員,由於他在06 年季末的好投,他比其他的競爭者還有優勢在。對於新球季 的位置,沒人能十拿九穩,特別是對新人來說。不過 Hirsh 是球團這些年的頂尖新秀,而且很明顯他已準備在大聯盟發 光。 他是否被排除在名單外,是看到時的投手陣容而定。太 空人會去物色自由球員並探詢交易市場,目前時機還很早, 所以無法談論這些年輕投手的定位。 With the signing of Aubrey Huff, is Morgan Ensberg going to be dangled as bait in a trade to maybe get a starting pitcher? -- Chris L., Dunseith, N.D. 問︰隨著我們簽下 Huff,寶哥會成為球團交易的誘餌,也 許用他來換個先發投手來嗎? Huff isn't signed past '06. He'll be a free agent, and I think the Astros have some interest in retaining his services. They have to decide who they want to be their everyday third baseman. As solid as Mike Lamb is, I think he's at his best as a pinch-hitter who receives occasional starts. 答︰Huff的合約只簽到06年。球季後他就是自由球員了。而我 認為太空人有意續留他。球團必需決定誰才是隊中的先發三壘 手。像 Lamb這種狠腳色,我覺的他在代打方面相當稱職,也 偶爾才能先發。 The Astros need to find out how much Ensberg's injury contributed to his slide this year, and how much of it was just ability related. He's adamant that his injury was the main factor in his ineffectiveness this year. If that's the truth, fine -- assuming he can fully heal over the winter, he probably deserves another chance. But if his failures this year weren't totally injury related, the Astros have to decide if he's worth the gamble that he'll retreat back to his '05 performance. He'll get at least $4 million in arbitration. Is he worth it? 太空人需要明白得知今年寶哥的傷勢和他今年下滑的成績 到底有多大關聯。他堅持說肩傷是影響今年打擊不振的主因。 如果屬實,那很好,假設傷勢在冬天能好好復原,或許他該得 到機會。 但如果他今年的失敗完全與肩傷無關的話,太空人隊就要 一下他是否會回到05年身手的賭注。在薪資仲裁中,他至少可 以獲得4M。以他的成績,有否值這樣的身價呢? What are the chances of the Astros pursuing Woody Williams next year since the status of Pettitte and Clemens are uncertain? -- Vinh H., Goodyear, Ariz. 問︰既然老克和小派明年的去向不明,太空人延攬 Woody Williams 的可能性多少? I sense that Williams has been hoping to eventually pitch for his hometown Astros at some point. I would imagine the Astros will look into it. That said, I wouldn't count on him to be anything more than a No. 4 starter. He had a nice year in '06, but he missed around six weeks with a calf strain. And, he's 40 years old. That said, I do think he could be a nice veteran addition to a staff that will probably consist of a handful of young pitchers, especially starters. 答︰我覺得 Williams會希望最後能在家鄉休士頓效力。我 想太空人會好好研究一番。我不會把他放在第四號先發以上 以上的位置。他今年在教士表現的還不賴,不過倒因小腿扭 傷而休息了六週。還有,他不年輕,今年40歲了。也就是, 我認為他也許在一群年輕投手間,能扮演母雞帶小鴨的角色, 特別是對先發投手而言。 Alyson Footer is a reporter for MLB.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs. ======================= 恩,沒翻好之處,我再改。 -- ~ 你對世界如何發問,世界就如何回答你 ~ -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 218.172.217.156

10/10 18:27, , 1F
一定要推一下的~
10/10 18:27, 1F

10/11 00:05, , 2F
有看有推
10/11 00:05, 2F
文章代碼(AID): #15Aqhi3u (Astros)