Mailbag: Scott just hot or is he for real?

看板Astros作者 (cheese薄餅好吃)時間17年前 (2006/09/26 15:44), 編輯推噓3(301)
留言4則, 4人參與, 最新討論串1/1
09/25/2006 6:20 PM ET Mailbag: Scott just hot or is he for real? Beat reporter Alyson Footer answers Astros fans' questions By Alyson Footer / MLB.com 英文出處 / http://myurl.com.tw/om0e I didn't expect Luke Scott to hit .380 over the course of an entire season, but is this guy for real or is this just a hot streak? I'm also wondering what the Astros might have planned for him next year. -- Nick L., San Diego 問︰我不認為 Luke Scott整季能打出 .380的水準,不過這小 子現在的表現是真實力還只是近況火熱而已?我也想知道明年太 空人怎樣定位他? I do think he's for real, and I'm sure he is definitely in the mix for next year. Will he be guaranteed a starting outfield spot before Spring Training even starts? Maybe not, but considering how hot he's been down the stretch, it'll be his job to lose when he gets to Kissimmee, Fla., in February. That doesn't mean the Astros won't be shopping for outfielders. I expect them to be active in the trade and free agent fronts. 答︰我認為這是他的實力,而且我也確信他明年會是名單內的 球員。不過說在明天春訓前,他就能穩拿先發外野手的位置嗎 ?也許不會,而是要看他二月到佛州看他的狀況才能決定是否 會失去位置。 這也不表是太空人就不去簽外野手了。我希望他們在交易與自 由球員市場中,動作要積極點。 That said, if Scott wanted to give the Astros something to think about this winter, he's certainly doing everything right in terms of ending the season on a high note. 也就是說,如果 Scott想要太空人在今年冬天考慮未來重用他 的話,他的表現確實要留給人家深刻的印象。 Do you think it is possible that Roger Clemens might return to the Astros as a relief pitcher? -- Nicky M., Houston 問︰你覺得明年 Clemens有沒有可能回太空人當後援投手? No chance. Clemens is one of the greatest starting pitchers to ever have played this game. He has nothing more to prove, and he would have absolutely no reason to move to a bullpen role just for the sake of hanging on. If he feels he still can be effective as a starter, and if he still has the desire to keep playing, I think he'll be back next year. There's no reason for him to pitch out of the bullpen. 答︰絕對不可能的。 Clemens是賽場上最偉大的投手之一。他 毋須在證明什麼,也沒理由只為了要繼續投球而轉當後援投手 。如果他認為自己還有實力出任先發,而且他內心也渴望繼續 投球的話,我認為他明年還會回到場上。沒由來讓他待在牛棚 裡呀。 Will we be getting a new manager in the offseason? I sure hope so. -- Joyce C., Sugar Land 問︰我們季後能換個總教練嗎?我希望球團這麼做。 It's not going to happen. Phil Garner's signed through 2007, and owner Drayton McLane doesn't like to pay people not to work. Besides, Garner deserves to keep his job. Plenty of things that went wrong this year, but not everything was his fault. Managers are paid very well to look smart when things go well and look like morons when things fall apart. At the end of the day, the players need to assume the brunt of the responsibility. But it's way easier to blame the manager. 答︰這個動作不會發生。 Phil Garner合約簽到2007年,而且 McLane老闆不喜歡叫人走路了,還要持續支付薪水。除此之外 , Garner的帶兵能力,應當保住這個飯碗的。今年球隊很多 方面的成績出了問題,然而不盡然全都他的錯。 當球隊戰績好時,總教練就讓人家覺得英明睿智,可當球隊戰 績爛的時後,總教練就被人當作白痴。球季結束,球員們實在 需要承擔自己表現不佳的責任。不過怪罪總教練不好總是比較 簡單。 What are the chances that the Astros will sign Carlos Lee during the offseason to a big deal? -- Ryan V., Livingston 問︰太空人在季後和 Carlos Lee簽下大約的機會多大? I like their chances. I'm hearing Lee is very interested in the Astros and obviously Houston is looking for at least one impact bat. But who knows, some other team may decide to way, way overpay him and outbid the Astros. It's too early to tell how those negotiations are going to progress. 答︰我喜歡他們目前所掌有的機會。聽說 Lee對加入太空人非 常有興趣,而且很顯然的太空人正要找個舉足輕重的棒子。不 過誰知道會有一些球隊決定開天價燒錢幹掉太空人哩。現在談 這些簽約磋商的進展還太早。 I know that Scott has only been in the Majors for a few months, but is he under consideration for National League Rookie of the Year? -- Katie P., Mt. Kisco, N.Y. 問︰我知道 Scott今年在大聯盟才不過幾個月的時間,不過他 有被考慮在國聯新人王的票選名單嗎? He'll receive consideration, but he won't win it. He's had a heck of a run, but he's only been doing it for a little over two months. Yes, I know Ryan Howard only played half the season last year and won the award, but Scott's got more competition this year. The list of worthy Rookie of the Year candidates is long in the NL. To name a few, Russell Martin, Ryan Zimmerman, Dan Uggla, Josh Johnson, Prince Fielder come to mind. 答︰他會獲得考慮,但他不會當選。他會有相當程度的支持, 不過他只打了兩個多月而已。沒有錯,費城人的仙猴去年打了 半季就贏得新人王,可 Scott今年要競爭的非常激烈。新人王 候選人的名單落落長。提想到的幾個人吧︰ 躲人的 Russell Martin、國際牌的 Ryan Zimmerman、馬林魚 苗 Dan Uggla與 Josh Johnson、釀酒小開 Prince Fielder。 Now that it seems that Luis Gonzalez will not be returning to the Diamondbacks, is it a possibility that the Astros might try to go after him? After all, he did start his career with the Astros and Jeff Bagwell as a rookie in '91. -- David R., Hebbronville 問︰既然 Luis Gonzalez不會留在響尾蛇隊,太空人有沒有 可能去簽下他?畢竟他和老巴在1991年於太空人展開生涯。 Bingo, you hit the nail on the head. He started his career many, many, many years ago, which means he's many, many, many years older now. In fact, he'll be 40 next year. I seriously doubt the Astros would want to pursue him, especially since they'll have younger, stronger options to look into. Gonzo said he wants a starting job, and there wouldn't be one for him in Houston. 答︰ Bingo!你真是一針見血。他很久很久以前就開始職業, 生涯,所以就代表他現在的年紀很老了。實際上他明年就屆不 惑之年。我強烈不相信太空人會去簽他,尤其是太空人還有一 些年輕又有水準的球員可供考量。 Gonzo表示自己想要有先發 的工作,他這個位置絕不是在休士頓。 Will Craig Biggio be back in '07? We were robbed of seeing Nolan Ryan's 5,000th strikeout and we won't get to see Bagwell reach 500 homers. So we need to be comforted knowing that we will get to see Biggio's 3,000th hit. It would be a crime not to enjoy that historic moment with him. -- Matt L., Clute 問︰老帥哥07年還會在太空人隊嗎? 我們失去了見証 Nolan Ryan 5000K的機會,也不能看到老巴的 500轟了。所以我們需要見到 老帥哥的3000安打做慰藉。沒有享受到他歷史性的時刻是一大憾 事。 The Astros have been saying the same thing all season: they are committed to re-signing Biggio in 2007. They are committed to Biggio recording his 3,000th hit in an Astros uniform. This was never in doubt, and I would expect a contract announcement soon after the season is over. 答︰同樣的事太空人已經說好幾遍了︰他們保證2007年一定會 跟老帥哥續約。他們也保證要讓老帥哥以太空人身分打出3000 安的里程碑。這從來未被質疑過,而且我預見在本季結束後, 雙方的續約會旋即對外發佈。 When are the Astros going to cut down to a four-man rotation? Seems like the fifth man always starts a losing streak. -- Andrew B., Scarborough, Maine 問︰太空人何時要把五人先發投手縮減到四人?五人輪值總是 會連敗。 They'll go back to a four-man rotation when pitchers' arms stop being worth millions of dollars. As long as teams are paying someone $8-15 million to pitch, you can bet they're not going to do anything to put any extra wear and tear on them if it's not necessary. Pitchers throwing on three days of rest and serving as their own closers is a thing of the past. So are reasonable salaries for good arms. 答︰投手的手臂不再價值連城的時候,就會重回四人輪值。球 隊要付 8~15M給強投,你就可以斷定,絕非必要,否則不能讓 他們的手臂有一丁點兒的損傷。投一休三並撐完全場已是過眼 雲煙了。同樣的,好投手拿合理薪水。 What doe Scott write down in the book after each at bat? -- Penny M., Deer Park 問︰每次打擊後, Scott在簿子上記錄了什麼東西? He keeps a journal, where he writes notes to himself regarding pitchers he just faced and that pitcher's tendencies. He'll note what a pitcher tries to get him out with, he'll write what he did at the plate, and how he was feeling at the plate, what he should and shouldn't do. He forms a plan, so he has an idea of what he wants to do against a particular pitcher when he next faces them. 他在記個人打擊日誌,裡面寫了他每次上場面對的投手以及這 些投手的投球習性。他會紀錄投手要解決他的每個球路,他個 人的因應策略以及當時手感,該不該出手。他養成個人方法, 所以下次面對特別的投手時,就清楚自己該怎麼做。 Not a bad idea for a young player still learning the league. Heck, the way he's been swinging lately, maybe all of the hitters should start keeping journals. 對一個不斷在學習的年輕球員來說,這習慣不賴。嘿,看到他 最近的揮擊,或許所有打者都該開始記錄打擊日誌了。 Adam Everett is one of the best shortstops in the National League, but I do not understand why he has never won a Gold Glove. What does it take, perfection? -- Harrel F., Round Rock 問︰Adam Everett是國聯守備頂尖的游擊手之一。但我無法 理解為何他從未得到金手套獎。那是怎麼判定的,要滴水不 漏嗎? No, it just takes time. Managers and coaches vote on Gold Gloves and it would be an understatement to say it's an inexact science. A player usually needs to build a reputation before he's going to be recognized by those who watch him play, and Everett is still in the early stages of his career. Sometimes it takes just getting the word out on a player to grab a voter's attention. Everett most definitely deserves the Gold Glove, because quite simply, he's the best defensive shortstop in the league. 答︰不需要,只不過要歷經時間的考驗。總教練和教練負責 票選金手套獎,簡單來說,這是種不嚴謹的認定。球員在讓 人觀察認同前,通常需要建立自己的名聲,而 Everett目前 在他生涯的早期階段。 有時候也要某名球員讓投票者青睞有加。Everett有資格得到 到金手套獎,理由很簡單,他是聯盟守備最好的游擊手。 Unfortunately, sometimes voters will pick a player who has a history of being a good fielder, whether he's having a Gold Glove-caliber year or not. Even worse, some voters pick a player who's having a good year at the plate, which is ridiculous. Hopefully, Everett will get his due props soon. 不幸的是,一些投票人票選球員會看他過往是個守備不錯的 的野手,有否得過金手套來判定。更糟糕的,有些投票人很 荒謬的會根據球員在打擊區上的表現。希望 Everett能儘速 得到他該拿的獎。 Am I the only person in Houston who has no idea why Clemens is called the Rocket? I've even Googled it, to no avail. So why is he called the Rocket? -- Becky M., Houston 問︰我是休士頓唯一不知道老克火箭人綽號由來的球迷嗎? 我已經求助孤狗大神了,卻不靈驗。所以為什麼他要叫火箭 人呀? Boston pitcher Bruce Hurst gave Clemens that nickname back in 1986, after Clemens struck out a Major League record 20 batters in a game against the Mariners. 答︰回到1986年(4/29)老克單場K了20個水兵創記錄後,紅襪 投手 Bruce Hurst為他取了這個渾名。 I have realized the late second-half problem with the Astros. They aren't going shaggy this year. The facial hair helped them to the World Series last year. What's the deal? -- Chris W., Pflugerville 問︰我了解下半季末太空人的問題了。他們今年沒有滿臉落腮 鬍。去年蓄鬍就幫助他們打進世界大賽。今年要安排做什麼? On the contrary, Chris. Quite a few beards have popped up in the Astros clubhouse lately -- Russ Springer, Dan Wheeler, Eric Bruntlett, Dave Borkowski, just to name a few. Chad Qualls has one, too, although it's a bit less imposing as some of the others. According to Springer, they decided to grow the beards on a whim, just for some team unity and to maybe see if it would change the team's luck. With the way the way things have been shaping up down the stretch, I would imagine more players may be putting the razors away for a while. 答︰Chris,相對的,最近太空人球團已出現球員留一臉鬍子了 。像 Springer、Wheeler、Bruntlett、Borkowski就是我說的 這些人,Qualls也有,雖然對其他人難以接受。根據 Springer 表示,他們留鬍子只是突發奇想,只是為了團隊的一致性,也許 能因而改變球隊的運氣。隨著他們最近的戰情的最後延燒,可想 而知更多球員暫時不刮鬍子了。 [按︰說真的,翻這一段的時候會想到發願跳碧潭的古爺版主 ,接著腦海浮現版上一張張跳碧潭古爺與泳圈浮在碧潭的相片。] I'm probably the only one who doesn't know this, but can you explain when a team wins, how the "high five" procession works. It seems like it has to do with the infield players staying put, and everyone else filing by. I know there is a "formula," but I don't understand it. -- Carolyn K., Houston 問︰我可能是唯一不知道這個緣由的人,你可以跟我解釋當球 隊贏球時,"擊掌" 行列的運作。似乎是內野手停在原地而其他 人排隊行進。我知道這是一種慣例,可我實在不懂。 You aren't the only one who's in the dark on this topic. I didn't know how that process works, either. So, I checked with a few players. Apparently, there's really no official method. The outfielders gather for their own high five, then they run in and two lines form -- those coming from the dugout and those coming from the field. They sort of file in and high five each other and then walk off. Nothing too exciting. It looks so textbook that you would think they have some sort of pecking order, but apparently that's not the case. 答︰你不是惟一不理解這個問題的人。我也不知道該過程的運 作。所以我去詢問一些球員。很清楚的,眾人沒有正式的答案 。外野手會先一起互相擊掌,然後從休息室出來與場上的球員 成兩排。他們排好隊互相擊掌,接著走回休息室。沒有什麼多 興奮的動作。看來有點制式的行為,以致於你不會去注意隊伍 的排列,但顯然也沒有什麼。 Alyson Footer is a reporter for MLB.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs. =============== 沒弄好的地方,我再修,thanks =============== BELIEVE the BUZZ, GO 'STROS! -- ~ "環保" 可以當自己吝嗇的最佳理由 ~ -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 218.172.212.40 ※ 編輯: mysunny 來自: 218.172.212.40 (09/26 15:57) ※ 編輯: mysunny 來自: 218.172.212.40 (09/26 15:59)

09/26 23:43, , 1F
第一段 "我也想知道明天太" 應該是明年 XD
09/26 23:43, 1F
哈哈 謝謝 XD

09/27 01:11, , 2F
有看有推
09/27 01:11, 2F
※ 編輯: mysunny 來自: 218.172.202.54 (09/27 08:24)

09/27 09:25, , 3F
有看有推 :)
09/27 09:25, 3F

09/27 10:20, , 4F
有的問答真的挺爆笑的~哈
09/27 10:20, 4F
文章代碼(AID): #156DfD5r (Astros)