Mailbag: Berkman the 'Big Puma?'

看板Astros作者 (我老了...)時間17年前 (2006/09/12 15:00), 編輯推噓7(700)
留言7則, 4人參與, 最新討論串1/1
09/11/2006 5:45 PM ET Mailbag: Berkman the 'Big Puma?' Beat reporter Alyson Footer answers Astros fans' questions By Alyson Footer / MLB.com From︰http://kuso.cc/0xZx I'm probably the only person in Houston who doesn't know this, but why is Lance Berkman called the "Big Puma?" What other nicknames does he have? -- Cindy S., Houston 問︰我可能是休士頓唯一不知道這個緣由的人,但為什麼肥 仔現在改叫〝美洲獅王〞了?他還有取其他綽號嗎? Some of Berkman's teammates call him "L.B.," but it was the "Fat Elvis" label that moved him to come up with a new nickname. Understandably, Berkman was none too thrilled that the "Fat Elvis" name caught on, especially among fans in other cities. So, he decided to change the trend, and came up with his own nickname -- "Big Puma." 答︰肥仔一些隊友都用〝L.B.〞稱他,不過是〝肥貓王〞這個 稱呼讓他想改個新綽號。可以理解的是,對於〝肥貓王〞的描 繪,尤其是別地球迷的認定,肥仔並不感到興奮。所以他決定 改變趨勢,想出了他的新綽號--〝美洲獅王〞。 [按︰我覺得自己翻成"美洲獅王"還挺爛的,不知有沒有比較一 應俱全的形容呢?] Berkman's a semi-regular on the morning show on SportsRadio 610 AM, and he started injecting the "Big Puma" name as much as possible. It's starting to catch on, and I'm fairly certain Berkman is one of the few players who has ever given himself a nickname. 肥仔是早晨運動廣播節目 610 AM的半常態來賓,節目中他開 始盡量灌輸〝美洲獅王〞的稱號。那也開始在眾人間傳用,我 也確認肥仔是少數幾個自動取綽號的球員之一。 Why Puma? To Berkman, it's just simply logical: "Agile, athletic, sleek ... all the things that describe my game," he said, somewhat tongue-in-cheek. 為什麼要用美洲獅呢?對肥仔來說,很簡單的思考方向︰ 「因為美洲獅靈敏的動作、強壯的身體、健康的體格,在在都是 形容球場上的我。」他表示,有點讓人難以相信。 Has anyone else noticed that Preston Wilson has heated up since he was released by the Astros? Why is it that players heat up when they leave the Astros? -- Blake M., Washington D.C. 問︰有沒有人注意到,風扇先生自從被太空人釋出後,棒 子就加溫了?為什麼球員離開太空人後,手感就火熱起來 呢? I'd hardly consider a .225 average a hot streak, although Wilson has hit five home runs since signing with the Cardinals in mid-August. Through Sunday's game, he has 16 hits in 71 at-bats for St. Louis. That's not going to get you any votes in the Most Valuable Player race. 答︰縱然風扇先生在八月中被紅雀簽下後,打了五支全壘打 ,可我實在難以認同 .225的打擊率叫做持續火熱。一直到本 週日為止,他在紅雀隊71個打數16支安打。這種成績還不足 以讓你票選他為最有價值球員。 That said, players often will go on a hot streak once they join a new team. Call it a change of scenery, a second chance, whatever. It happens. Richard Hidalgo came out like gangbusters when the Astros shipped him to the Mets a couple of years ago, but soon came back down to earth and put up his usual poor numbers. 也就是,球員加入新球隊後,最初通常會打出一波高潮。那 被認為是球員換了新環境,再次得到的機會之類的緣故。這 種情況會發生。兩年前太空人將 Hidalgo交易到大都會後, 他也打得如日中天,不過很快的變回原形,又持續他癟腳的 表現。 However, I can see Wilson having a good stretch with a good team. In St. Louis, he's just another player among a group of very good hitters. In Houston, he was expected to really, really impact the lineup, and maybe that was too much pressure for him. 不過,我發現 Wilson在陣容齊備的球隊,打得還不錯。在聖 路易,他不過是一群優秀打者其中之一。而在休士頓,他被寄 予相當大的厚望,也許因此給他太大的壓力。 I see the Astros are going after a big bat in the offseason. Do they plan on going after one big bat or two? I don't think one big bat will solve any problems. How many bats do you think the Astros should go after? -- Shane J., Houston 問︰我知道太空人在球季結束後要簽個大棒子來。他們打 算簽一個還兩個了?我認為只有一個大棒子並不能就此解 決所有毛病。你認為太空人該補幾個大棒子才行? Seven. Of course, that's not remotely realistic, so let's shoot for one. If they can get one impact bat, that will have a positive effect on those he's hitting behind (in other words: Berkman). It's not realistic to believe the Astros are going to have the funds to sign two high-level free agents to monstrous contracts. That's not going to happen. But if they can get one -- say, for example, Carlos Lee, that's a step in the right direction. And I still believe in Aubrey Huff, even though his numbers haven't been so great. 答︰簽七個。這麼說當然天馬行空,所以我們就努力爭取一 個吧。如果他們能簽個舉足輕重的強打者,對於在他棒次 之後的打者一定有正面效應(換言之︰就是肥仔)。認為太空 人會灑錢用巨約簽下兩個自由市場大物的想法相當不切實 際。這種事情不會發生。但如果他們能簽下一個人的話, 哎,譬如說像 Carlos Lee,那就是正確的抉擇。然而我 還是相信 Huff,雖然說他現在的表現並不是那麼好。 Does the Astros organization still view Chris Burke as a potential Major League starting-position player? I'm no longer sure about it myself, which is surprising, considering the obvious talent and skills he's displayed over the past year. -- Chris O. 問︰太空人組織還當 Burke小弟有潛能擔綱大聯盟的先發 野手嗎?我個人已經不這麼肯定了,看看他這兩三年來表 現的才能與球技,出人意料。 Burke is most definitely a future starting-second baseman. He'll take over for Craig Biggio, eventually. Until then, he's going to have to play other positions and not count on a starting job. It's just the way it is. 答︰Burke小弟絕對是未來的先發二壘手。最終他將會取代老 帥哥的位置。那個時候到來前,他還是要守其他位置,也無法 場場先發。就是這樣的方式! Will Roger Clemens possibly return for the 2007 season? -- Karen D. 問︰ 老克2007年球季可能回到場上嗎? There is always a chance "Rocket" will return. Before he came down with his most recent ailment, I felt pretty certain he'd be back. Now, I'm not so sure. But if he's healthy, I do believe he'll strongly consider a return. 答︰火箭人回到場上的機會一直都有。在他最近受傷之前, 我都確信他明年還會回來。不過現在我就不敢保證了。 不過假使他龍體安康的話,我相信他會強烈考慮再次回 鍋的可能。 Why don't the Astros take a break for the next two or three years and rebuild the team and the farm system? I for one am all for it. I am OK with not seeing the playoffs for a few more years, if we can put together a roster, both in the Majors and Minors, that will set us up for another seven or eight years. -- Scott R. 問︰太空人隊為什麼不安養生息個兩三年,重建球隊與農 場呢?我能接受這個代價[按︰I for one am all for it 確切意思是什麼啊?]。我可以受得了太空人在幾年內進不 得季後賽,如果能同時整合大小聯盟的球員,未來七八年 戰力就能紮實穩固。 You might be OK with not seeing the Astros in the playoffs, but Astros owner Drayton McLane would not. I don't think McLane will ever allow that to happen. We see other teams do it, and they're back in contention in three to four years, but McLane loves winning too much to break down the team and start over. He's a win-now type of owner, and the Astros are not in rebuilding mode as much as they're focused on re-tooling. 答︰太空人沒進季後賽,你可能覺得沒關係,但是太空人的 老闆 McLane就不這麼認為了。我想 McLane也不容許這麼做 。我們看到其他球隊砍掉重練,並在三四年內恢復競爭,可 McLane過度求勝,以致球隊衰弱並開始退步。他是那種眼下 就要看到贏球的老闆,太空人沒有注重補強那樣的重建。 Do you think that the Astros will make a run at the Wild Card or do you think that it's too late for them? And if they do make the playoffs, will they be serious contenders? -- Andrew D., Houston 問︰你覺得太空人能不能爭奪國聯外卡?或是你覺得對他 們來說,是否為時已晚?如果太空人打進季後賽了,他們 會不會是支超強勁旅? It's never too late, as long as they're within striking distance of the lead in either the Wild Card or Division race. The fact that they're still in contention is more of a reflection on the poor state of the National League than on the Astros' ability to win games. The Astros are two games under .500 and in any other season, they would be done. But since no one else in the league is doing anything relatively impressive, the Astros are still in it. 答︰現在還不會太晚,只要他們在外卡排行或國聯中區勝差 別太多。他們仍有機會一爭,更多是因國聯混亂的戰局大於 太空人贏球的能耐。 太空人距五成的勝率還有兩場,要是別的球季,他們早已敬。 陪末座。但至今聯盟中沒球隊有相當驚奇的表現,所以太空 人仍有機會。 Should they make the playoffs, I don't have a lot of confidence in their chances. Yes, pitching and defense wins championships, but you do have to hit the ball every once in a while, too. 如果他們打進季後賽,我對他們也沒多大信心。沒錯,強投 和堅強的守備可以贏得冠軍,可是每次也需要有火力支援啊。 ========= ※翻不好之處,需改正的,我再修 -- ~ 你對世界如何發問,世界就如何回答你 ~ -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 218.172.210.106

09/12 15:46, , 1F
「我這一票全力支持(重建這個作法)
09/12 15:46, 1F
恩,謝謝 tradewind大的指正 <(_ _)>

09/12 15:59, , 2F
是要CLE重建法每年都來一次呢?還是FLA一次砍掉呢?
09/12 15:59, 2F

09/12 16:02, , 3F
不是啦,我是在說原po不確定意思的那一句話該怎麼翻譯
09/12 16:02, 3F
※ 編輯: mysunny 來自: 218.172.210.106 (09/12 16:18)

09/12 16:55, , 4F
亂入成功 XD
09/12 16:55, 4F

09/12 18:03, , 5F
肥仔跑壘連滾帶爬的狼狽樣實在很難稱上靈敏的動作XDDDD
09/12 18:03, 5F

09/12 18:20, , 6F
真的有人會用big puma稱他嗎 XD
09/12 18:20, 6F

09/12 23:06, , 7F
如果是Fat Puma可以考慮...
09/12 23:06, 7F