Mailbag: Will Pettitte be back?

看板Astros作者 (西北雨 落不過田埂~)時間18年前 (2006/08/29 19:17), 編輯推噓3(300)
留言3則, 3人參與, 最新討論串1/1
08/28/2006 6:09 PM ET Mailbag: Will Pettitte be back? Beat writer Alyson Footer answers fans' questions By Alyson Footer / MLB.com From / http://kuso.cc/0t6g A note to national reporters, broadcasters and world wide leaders: It's Tav-ER-as. That's Tav-AIR-as, not Tav-ARE-ez. The reliever for the Red Sox is Tavarez. The Astro with the 30-game hitting streak is Taveras. Thanks. 在此要跟國內的記者朋友、播報員、海外的一些主事者特別強調︰ 我們中外野的小塔名字是拼做 Tav-ER-as。你們那是 Tav-AIR-as,也 並非 Tav-ARE-ez。 Tavarez是波士頓紅襪的後援投手。太空人隊目前 連30場安打的球員叫 Taveras。謝謝! Will the Astros re-sign Andy Pettitte, or will they turn to "propects" such as Jason Hirsh? -- Jacob K., Houston 問︰太空人會和 Andy Pettitte續約嗎?還是他們要 把重點放在像 Jason Hirsh之類的新秀身上? I think the Astros would like to do both. Hirsh will most definitely be in the mix for a starting spot during Spring Training next year. If Pettitte wants to pitch again, he and the Astros will discuss a contract. I don't know how much longer Pettitte wants to pitch, and he's still trying to decide if he wants to continue after this year. I'd say the odds are still 50-50. I also think if Roy Oswalt re-signs for '07 and beyond, Pettitte's desire to return will increase. 答︰我認為太空人兩個方向都想達到。明年春訓 Hirsh 絕對能列於先發投手名單中。如果 Pettitte願意繼續效 力,太空人會和他商談合約內容。我不知道 Pettitte打 算投多久,然而他會去決定以後是否還要留在太空人。我 認為機會是一半一半。也覺得如果 Roy在 2007年續約的 話, Pettitte續留的意願就會增高。 Chris Sampson comes up, does a good job out of the bullpen, then has a tremendous fill-in start, gets sent down, then called back up for three days, doesn't pitch, then is sent right back down. Is there something I'm missing here that constitutes him not being utilized? -- Timothy D., Columbia, S.C. 問︰ Chris Sampson被升上大聯盟,擔任先發投手可圈可 點,適時大大頂替空缺,接著被降下。然後又升上大聯盟 三天,完全沒有任何一場出賽,旋即又被送回小聯盟。我 是不是漏掉什麼關於他未被重用的緣由呢? Such is life for a bubble player. Sampson is doing exactly what he's supposed to do when given rare opportunities: making the most of his brief time in the big leagues. He is far from established, but if he does well the rest of the way, he'll most certainly have a good chance to make the team next year. 答︰這就是 bubble player的命運。當獲得鮮見的機會︰ 短暫待在大聯盟,Sampson表現不負期望。他的實力還無法 證明一切。但接下來如果他在投手丘上有好表現,明年他會 有很大機會成為太空人隊的一員。 Sampson's had an interesting career path. He started his pro career as a position player, retired, then returned three years later as a pitcher. He called the Astros out of the blue and asked if they'd give him a shot. They did, and so far, they haven't regretted it. If he makes it in the big leagues, his success story would rank up there with J.R. House, should Sampson's career pan out, too. Sampson的職棒經歷很有趣。他一開始以野手身分加盟職棒, 後來退出,過了三年他棄打從投。他不意間打電話告訴太空人 對是否願意給他機會,太空人答應了,而且到目前都沒有懊悔。 若他能在大聯盟立足,假使 Sampon成功了,那他的成功故事 將與 J.R. House的並列。 With Jeff Bagwell and Roger Clemens coming off the payroll this offseason, what are the chances of the Astros being major players in the free-agent market, and who do you think some of their targets might be? -- William N., Atlanta 問︰隨著今年球季結束,球團不必再付 Bagewell與 Clemens薪水, 太空人去簽自由市場大物的機會有多大?而你認為誰是他們的 首要目標?   The Astros will probably have around $10-12 million to play with, and I do believe they'll be players in the free-agent market. They're going to target offense, and I think we all know by now that Carlos Lee will be a free agent, has a ranch near Houston and changed his mind at the last minute and did not switch to Scott Boras as his agent. So, it's safe to say Lee will be on the Astros' wish list this winter. 答︰太空人可能有$10~12M的資金可供行使,我相信會投資在自由 球員市場內。他們的首要目標就是補強積弱不堪的打線。我想 大家都知道 Carlos Lee今年會成為自由球員,他在休士頓附近 擁有一座農場,最近也改變主意沒換 Scott Boras當他的經紀 人。所以說 Lee名列太空人今年冬天的希望名單也不會錯。 Hunter Pence plays for the Corpus Christi Hooks, and, statistically, he's the best player on the team. He's getting better and better every game, and he even turned down a chance to play with Team USA. Have the Astros thought of bringing him up at all for the remainder of this season? -- Audrey L., Corpus Christi, Tex. 問︰Hunter Pence目前在2A的 Corpus Christi Hooks隊打球。從一 些攻擊數據來看,他是全隊表現最優的球員。他一場打的比一場 好。最近甚至婉拒效力美國國家隊。在球季末尾,太空人會將他 升上來嗎? I'm sure they'll give him consideration when it's time to expand the rosters on Friday. I would also understand if the club opted not to call him up. Pence is a terrific Double-A player and the only legitimate big-league outfield prospect in the upper levels of the farm system. That does not mean he's going to come up here and start hitting like gang busters. 答︰星期五名單擴編之時,我確定太空人會考慮拉他上來。縱使球團 選擇不 call up他,我也能夠理解其考量的因素所在。 Pence是個 可怕的2A打者,也是農場高階系統中唯一真正有實力上大聯盟的 新秀外野手。 If the Astros are not in contention by the end of the first week of September, then giving Pence a taste of the big leagues might not be a bad idea. But to bring him in and put the pressure on him to pick up an offensively challenged team (let's not get too excited about the three-game winning streak, folks, it was against the Pirates), well, I'm just not in favor of that. Let the kid develop. He hasn't even played at Triple-A yet. 但那可不代表他現在就能亮相,並且馬上大爆發。如果太空人在九 月初以後沒機會打入季後賽,給 Pence上來體驗一下也不是個壞主 意。然而讓他上來並施壓力給他,接受敵隊的考驗(最近的三連勝) ,我們不用興奮,各位,對手可是海盜隊呀),恩,我可不贊成那 麼做。讓這個小夥子好好適性發展。他還沒打過3A呢。 What are the chances that Pettitte, Oswalt and Clemens leave this club next year? Are the Astros really going to sign all these guys back or to an extension? -- Santiago C., San Antonio 問︰明年 Pettitte、Oswalt、Clemens離開太空人 的機會有多大?太空人隊真的會將他們簽回來或者 和他們延長合約嗎? If I had to put a percentage on the chances those three will NOT be in uniform for the Astros next year I would say it's 80 percent for Rocket, 50 percent for Pettitte and 20 percent for Oswalt. 答︰如果要我講他們三人明年"不會"留在太空人的機 率,那我會說 Clemens 80%、Pettitte 50%、Oswalt 20%。 Oswalt's talked in the past about wanting to play out his last year of arbitration and test free agency, but he's taking a risk by doing that. What if he gets hurt next season? What if he has a bad year? Crazy things happen. Long-term contracts mean security for the player, and I'm hearing the Astros may actually grant his wish for a five-year deal. Now it's just a matter of dollars. That could take a while to iron out. 之前 Oswalt說想要投完他薪資仲裁的最後一年,之後 投入自由市場測試,不過他這樣的打算有風險在。萬一 明年球季他受傷呢?萬一明年他投得差強人意呢?不可 抗拒之事都可能發生。對球員來說,簽下長約比較有 保障,而我聽說太空人可能真的會答應他希望的五年 合約。現在只是價碼的問題。要花一會兒才能解決。 What do you think about putting Fernando Nieve in in the setup spot or the closer position? The guy can throw in the mid-90s in short outings. -- Ryan F., College Station, Tex. 問︰你對於讓 Fernando Nieve擔任 Setup man或 CL 的看法如何?這小子在短局數的投球內,球速可達九 十多英哩。 The Astros sent Nieve down to the Minors earlier this season to close games, and they definitely view him as a potential closer. He's not quite there yet in terms of control, but the Astros are intrigued by what the 23-year-old can do down the road. Let's get through this season first. Closers aren't born overnight, unless they're the caliber of a Billy Wagner or Mariano Rivera, and obviously, elite closers don't come along every day. 答︰球季之初,太空人就將 Nieve送回小聯盟去關門, 而他們也認為他有潛力成為 CL。他未能在此之故是因 為控球的毛病,但太空人對於在輸球時,這個23歲小 伙子可以上場處理的能力,感到興致勃勃。等我們先過完 這個球季再說吧。王牌救援也不是在一夜之間就能出現, 除非他擁有像 Billy Wagner或 Mariano Rivera的才能, 而且很顯然的,頂尖的守護神是不可能天天出現的。 Jeff Bagwell was my favorite player as a kid, and now that I'm in my 20s, I realize that I really don't remember a lot of how he played in his prime. I was between the ages of 7 and 12. Is there any possibilty of a "highlights" DVD, or something along those lines, to honor his playing? -- Glenn L., Ruston, La. 問︰從孩提時代起, Bagwell就是我心目中最崇拜的球 員,現在我也二十幾歲了,我發覺到自己不能記得他 全盛時期的無數表現。那時我大概在 7~12歲左右。球團 有沒有可能發行精采畫面 DVD或一些場中剪影來表彰 他的球員生涯呢? Great idea. I would imagine the Astros are going to kick around that idea this winter, while they're hopefully coming up with the plan to retire his number on Opening Day next year. 答︰這主意不錯。我能夠想像太空人在今年冬天推出這個 想法來討論。明年球季開幕當天,他們也希望能夠進行將 他背號光榮退休的計畫。 A young player who came up through the Astros' system but missed Bagwell's best years asked me last season what he was like in his heyday. The best way I could describe it was "poetry in motion." To have his best games on one DVD would be a best-seller, no doubt. 有位從太空人農場系統升上來,但錯過 Bagwell黃金時代的 年輕球員去年就問我 Bagwell全盛期的樣子。我能夠用的最 好描述就是像"躍然紙上的詩篇"。無庸置疑,一片收錄他精 湛表現的 DVD絕對是暢銷之作。 How are the Astros better without Preston Wilson? He was second on the team in RBIs and made several clutch hits with two outs. Luke Scott is a great player, but I still feel the Astros are a better team with Wilson, the 2003 RBI champ. -- Larry Pruitt, Friendswood, Tex. 問︰沒了 Wilson,太空人隊狀況會有多好的改善?他的打點 是全隊第二名,而在兩出局的關鍵時刻總能揮出安打。 Scott 是個很優秀的球員但我仍然認為有 Wilson這位2003年聯盟的打 點王在陣中,太空人才會是支實力較堅強的隊伍。 A lot was made about Wilson being second on the team in the RBI category. But one glaring fact: he had only 55. The fact that 55 RBIs was the second-highest on the team speaks more about the problems of this offense than about Wilson's ability to contribute. He was on pace to drive in around 70 runs on the year. Whoop-dee-do. The fact that the Astros had only one player with more than 55 RBIs in the middle of August speaks volumes as to why this club probably isn't going anywhere, except fishing, in October. 答︰有很多人會說 Wilson在打點的表現方面是全隊第二。但在 此有一個重要的事實︰他也只打了55分的打點。55分打點為全隊 第二高傳達出的訊息比 Wilson無法為球隊繳出火力貢獻的問題 還要嚴重。今年他差不多能打70分回來。哎呀呀,進入八月中太 空人只有一位球員超過55分打點,大大闡釋為何全隊現在任何一點 都不能達到,除了在十月份能悠閒釣魚之外。 Ideally, the Astros would have liked to have kept Wilson and sent Jason Lane to Triple-A. But Lane had to first clear waivers and did not, and when it came down to opening a roster spot for Jason Hirsh, Wilson was the only option. They couldn't send Wilson to the Minors, because players with five years of big-league experience can refute the assignment. 合理上,太空人比較想要留下 Wilson,並把 Lane降到3A。 但是 Lane必須先通過 Wavier,可他確沒有。然後當要騰一 個空間給 Jason Hirsh時, Wilson就是唯一個選擇了。球團 不能將 Wilson降下小聯盟,因為在大聯盟打滾五年的球員 可以拒絕球團該安排。 I know people are talking about trying to get Clemens to come back for one more year, but wouldn't it just be a bit better if after this year they start to focus on their future and sign some free agents instead of waiting for Roger to decide. By then the line of free agents may be depleted. -- Joshua D., Dickinson, Tex. 問︰我知道大家都在討論盡力留 Clemens再續投一年 的話題,但如果在今年球季後,放眼未來去簽下一些 自由球員來補強戰力,而非苦苦等待老克,這不是比 較好嗎。否則到時好物都沒了。 As long as Rocket has a sliver of interest in returning, payroll uncertainty is going to be something the Astros will have to deal with. You are right, it's very difficult to set a payroll when you don't know when or if Clemens will return and at what price. So what they'll have to do is set the budget this winter -- let's say for argument's sake it's $88 million -- and then when/if Clemens returns, they'll just add whatever his salary is to the budget. It's not easy. But they can't let the free-agent and trade markets dry up waiting for Clemens to say yes or no. If there is a solid starting pitcher they think they can sign for a reasonable price, or trade for, go get him. Don't wait for Clemens. And deal with the potentially crowded rotation later. 答︰只要火箭人對於續留有絲毫興趣,薪資對太空人 來說,不是什麼大問題。你說的沒錯,當搞不清 Clemens 到底要不要回來、何時回來,還有要支付多少薪水時 ,想要讓全隊總薪資塵埃落定真的好棘手。所以今年 太空人首要任務就是將預算編好。我們就說目標是$88M 好了,然後假如或者當 Clemens回來之時,球團就必 須要將他薪資之類的加入預算當中。這可不容易。但 但他們可不能因為等待 Clemens回應而在自由球員與 交易市場中失利。如果他們認為能跟一名強投以合理 的價碼簽約或者交易的話,球團會有動作。別等待 Clemens 了。稍後要處理可能會人才濟濟的先發投手群呢! Do you think the Astros will attempt to re-sign Aubrey Huff during the offseason? Or do you think they are just using his services on "borrowed time," like they did with Randy Johnson and Carlos Beltran, and he will end up elsewhere? -- Sibyl S. 問︰你認為太空人在球季結束後,有意願簽下 Huff嗎? 還有你會覺得他們季中交易 Huff只是像當年 RJ與 Beltran 一樣,不過是要暫借球技,最後又不了了之而已? I believe the Astros will be interested in re-signing Huff. I know he's been somewhat underwhelming since he was traded here in July, but I think he could be a good offensive force for this club in the future. 答︰我相信太空人對於與 Huff續約相當有意願。據了解他在七 月被交易來後,內心一直都有些許壓力存在,可我認為未來 他定是太空人隊令人滿意的攻擊助力。 I believe Huff, excited to be on a contender for the first time in his career, has put entirely too much pressure on himself to perform. He spent the better part of seven years with the Devil Rays, who were out of the pennant race on Opening Day. Here, he's playing with the likes of Berkman, Pettitte, Clemens, Biggio, etc., and I think he's trying too hard. Give him a full Spring Training with this team and the peace of mind that comes with a multi-year deal, and I think he'll be fine. 我相信 Huff是因為急欲要在他職業生涯中,當球隊中 舉足輕重的人物,於是加諸了太多壓力在自己的場上表現。 他待在從球季之初就與聯盟冠軍無緣的魔鬼魚七年,球 還打得不錯。一轉到太空人,就和 Berkman、Pettitte、 Clemens、Biggio這類的頂尖球員當隊友,因此我認為他 實在太拼命了。與他簽下能穩定心安的複數年合約,讓他 能好好在隊上進行春訓,我相信他的狀況一定可更加完美。 Now, what do you do with Morgan Ensberg? Signing Huff doesn't necessarily mean you have to get rid of Ensberg, especially since Huff can play right field and first base in addition to third. I see no reason why you can't have too much talent at one position heading into Spring Training. That said, Ensberg will command a pretty penny in arbitration, and the Astros may not be able to afford two high-priced third basemen. But to assume Ensberg is your starting third baseman next year is foolish. He's done nothing this year that tells me he can put up power numbers over a full season. His injury wasn't the only reason for his downfall this year. He started slumping a full month before that ill-fated dive play that eventually landed him on the disabled list. 那麼現在,要如何處置 Ensberg哩?簽下 Huff並不代表 就要讓他走人,尤其是 Huff除了三壘之外,還能守右外野 與一壘。誰說你在春訓時不能多方位練其他位置。也就意 謂, Ensberg在薪資仲裁上還是價值不斐,然而太空人無法 負擔隊中有兩名高薪的三壘手。不過就此假定 Ensberg就 是明年先發三壘手可就太愚蠢了。今年打擊毫無建樹的他, 讓我發覺整季持續出賽,火力就可增強。他的肩傷並非是惟一 影響今年低潮的原因。他因要命的撲接而受傷放入傷兵 名單前,就已有一個月的低潮了。 ========= 嗯嗯,沒翻好的部分我再修改~ -- ~ 你對世界如何發問,世界就如何回答你 ~ -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 220.143.83.35 ※ 編輯: mysunny 來自: 220.143.83.35 (08/29 20:00) ※ 編輯: mysunny 來自: 220.143.83.35 (08/29 20:35)

08/29 23:13, , 1F
感謝!!
08/29 23:13, 1F

08/30 00:28, , 2F
有看有推
08/30 00:28, 2F

08/30 13:23, , 3F
Taveras的名字真的很容易被打錯
08/30 13:23, 3F
※ 編輯: mysunny 來自: 218.172.218.84 (08/30 15:46) ※ 編輯: mysunny 來自: 218.172.210.106 (09/12 15:42)
文章代碼(AID): #14z2921i (Astros)