Mailbag: Why was Oswalt shopped?

看板Astros作者 ( 真想搭羊皮筏子 XD)時間18年前 (2006/08/15 22:14), 編輯推噓5(500)
留言5則, 4人參與, 最新討論串1/1
08/14/2006 3:53 PM ET Mailbag: Why was Oswalt shopped? Beat writer Alyson Footer answers fans' questions By Alyson Footer / MLB.com 原文出處 / http://kuso.cc/0lSX There are certain "untouchables" when it comes to trades. Roy Oswalt and Lance Berkman are just that. So my question is, why would the Astros even toy with the idea of trading Roy? As soon as his name came up, you end those talks, even for Miguel Tejada. Also, why haven't the Astros signed him to a long-term contract? Don't even risk the possiblity of losing him. I wouldn't blame him if he left. -- Greg C., Houston 問︰當提到交易,有一些球員絕對不可能動用。 Oswalt 和 Berkman 就屬 隊中這類人物。所以我的問題是,為什麼太空人會有交易 Roy 的草 率想法?當他被提出來討論時,甚至說與 Tejada 交換,雙方的商談又 止息了。還有,為什麼太空人不和他簽下長約呢?這麼做就不會 有未來無法續留他的危險。假如他離開太空人,我不會責怪他的。 -- Greg C., Houston I have a few opinions about what happened on the day of the trade deadline. First of all, I feel that the Astros would have way, way overpaid had they traded Oswalt, Adam Everett and Morgan Ensberg for Miguel Tejada. Heck, I think that an Oswalt for Tejada deal straight-up would have been lopsided, in the Orioles' favor. I just don't think you can replace your ace, especially when he's one of the top five pitchers in the game. The Astros have no shot at the postseason this year without him. 答︰關於交易截止日當天發生的事情,我有一點看法。首先,我覺得太空 人真的要用 Oswalt、Everett、Ensberg 倒貼換 Tejada。很該死!我 覺得金鶯隊屬意的 Oswalt 換 Tejada 交易實在很不合理。一支球隊 的王牌,地位是無人可取代的,特別是他身為陣中的第一號先發。 太空人沒有他,根本打不進季後賽。 But clubs consider many things when talking about trades. And how long they control a player plays a huge role. Tejada is signed for several more years. Oswalt is arbitration-eligible for only one more year, and then he's eligible for free agency. That affects the value of a player, in the club's eyes. 不過,談論到球員交易,球團也要考量到很多層面。而且球團擁有一名 輕重球員的時間究竟多少。Tejada 是簽數年合約。而 Oswalt 再一年就 擁有薪資仲裁資格,而到時他又是身為自由球員。以球團的觀點來看,那 會影響一位球員的價值。 Also, keep in mind that Roy has said publicly that he would like to use up his final arbitration year by signing a one-year deal and then go to free agency. No disrespect to Roy, but when you have made it clear you're eyeing free agency, then you cannot expect the Astros not to look to protect themselves, too. The Astros are facing losing him after one more season. It is their prerogative to at least see what they may be able to get in return, if they were to deal him. 再來, Roy 公開表示他會應用薪資仲裁的上限來簽下一年約,然後再 投身自由球員市場。在此沒有蔑視 Roy 的意思,但是當你表明你要放眼 自由球員市場時,那你就不能指望太空人隊也不會尋求方法自保。再一 個球季後,太空人隊就有可能失去他。如果太空人要將他交易出去,那 也是球團至少能夠行使的權利。 Every single person on a club's roster is mentioned in trade talks this time of year. Everyone. Same goes for the Winter Meetings. This has been going on since the beginning of time. 今年此時,球隊名單中的每名球員都有在交易的商討中被提及。同樣的 情況在今年冬季會議還會再搬上檯面。這從一開始就一直在進行。 The notion that the Astros have somehow wronged Oswalt by discussing him in trade talks is ridiculous. If you don't want to be traded, work out a long-term deal that includes a no-trade clause. Did you know that in 1998, the Astros were really, really close to trading Jeff Bagwell to Boston for Nomar Garciaparra? 認為太空人把 Oswalt 名列球員交易為對他不禮遇的看法實在荒謬。 假如你不要被交易,他就簽下一紙包含禁止交易條款的合約就好了。 你知道98年太空人隊幾乎已要將 Bagwell 交易到波士頓換 Nomar 了嗎? I believe the Astros want to re-sign Oswalt. But Oswalt wants a five-year deal, which is two years longer than any contract they've given a pitcher since the early 1990s. And of the three-year deals they have handed out, very few were fulfilled without the player missing significant time with an injury. Billy Wagner, Shane Reynolds and Andy Pettitte come to mind. Jose Lima didn't get hurt during his three-year contract, but he was terrible in 2000 and was shipped off to Detroit the next year. Mike Hampton stayed healthy but told the Astros he wasn't interested in an extension, and he was dealt to the Mets in '99. 我相信太空人是想要和 Oswalt 續約的。但是 Oswalt 一簽就要五年約, 這比從1990年初期開始,他們與每個投手簽約的年份還多兩年。而且在他 們談下的三年合約裡面,很少有球員不因傷而錯過大部分球季的。 Wagner、Shane Reynolds、Pettitte 就是活生生的例子。 Lima 在他 三年的合約內雖無傷痛,但是他在2000年的成績實在不堪入目,隔年就被 送到底特律去了。至於 Hampton 雖無傷無痛,但他告訴太空人無意續約, 因此99年他被交易到大都會去。 I believe Oswalt is worth the risk of a long-term deal. He's turning only 29 later this month and takes good care of himself. But he hasn't been injury-free, either. The offseason negotiations will be interesting to follow. 我認為值得冒風險和 Oswalt 簽下長約。本月月底他才滿29歲,而且 也很注意個人身體健康。可是這並不代表他也不會有傷痛的困擾。季後 雙方談判一定值得一瞧。 How come the playing time for Chris Burke has gone down significantly? He was one of our best players for most of the summer. -- Gary W., Marion, Iowa 問︰Chris Burke的上場時間怎麼會大幅減少?他可是球季中表現優異的 球員之一。 -- Gary W., Marion, Iowa Phil Garner is going with the hot hand, and right now, Willy Taveras is having a nice stretch at the plate. Burke will get a handful of starts in center and at second, and perhaps left or right when the starters at those positions need a day off, but as long as Taveras keeps hitting, he's going to get the majority of the starts in center, which puts Burke on the bench. 答︰Garner 要用手感正順的球員,而目前 Taveras 棒子燙著呢。Burke 可分別在中外野與二壘擔任一些先發工作,也許在先發左外野與右外 野手需要休息一天的時候,他可以替補。Taveras 只要持續火熱, 當家中外野手就由他長期擔任,這也使得 Burke 必須坐在冷板凳上。 What are the chances Phil Garner demotes Brad Lidge out of the closer's role? It has turned into a 50-50 shot if Lidge is dominant or struggles. It seems to me that Chad Qualls has the stuff to be a good closer. -- Paul W., Crosby, Texas 問︰Garner 拔掉 Lidge CL 的機會有多大? Lidge 目前表現好壞參半。對 我來說, Qualls 有成為好 CL 的 stuff。 -- Paul W., Crosby, Texas Garner is adamant that Lidge is his closer, and I don't think they're planning on making any changes in that area this season. That said, don't be surprised if either Dan Wheeler or Qualls is held back just in case Lidge struggles in the ninth. It's crunch time, and with so few games remaining, the Astros can't afford to lose games that they're leading late. 答︰Garner 堅決要讓 Lidge 擔任他欽點的王牌救援。而我認為本季該位置 也不會再有任何更動。也就是說,如果 Lidge 在第九局無法穩住局面, 看到不管是 Wheeler 或 Qualls 上來穩住局面,也毋須驚訝。在目前 爭奪季後賽入場券的關鍵時刻,以及球賽所剩不多之下,太空人可禁不 住輸球的閃失,以致在排名落後。 Why doesn't Garner leave his pitchers like Oswalt and Pettitte in the games longer when they are pitching well? Is it the player's call or his call to have the starters throw only 100 pitches? -- Mark R., Maryville, Ill. 問︰當 Oswalt 和 Pettitte 在場上連番壓制對手時,為什麼 Garner 不要 讓他們投久一點?只投100球的限制是球員本身的要求還是 Garner 的命令? -- Mark R., Maryville, Ill It's Garner's call, but obviously, he considers input from the pitchers, too. He does not have anyone on a strict pitch count -- he makes his decisions based on the situation. If the Astros are up by a bunch, as they were in Oswalt's last start, there's no reason to keep him out there beyond 100 or so pitches. This team has a shot to make the postseason, which means up to one extra month of work. Preserving their arms this time of year, when there's an opportunity, makes sense. 答︰這是 Garner 的命令,不過顯然他也有聽從投手的意見。他並非對每個 人都嚴格限制球數,他調度視當時情況而定。如果太空人隊像 Oswalt 上次先發一樣,早早拉開比數,那就沒理由留他在場上投超過100球。太 空人隊有機會打進季後賽,也代表還會有額外的出賽。好好保護他們的 手臂,機會到來之時,就能明白當初的道理所在。 Eariler in the season I noticed a longhorn graphic on top of Ausmus' catching helmet. I have looked on the Internet and been unable to figure out why he has that on there. Since he went to Dartmouth, I can't make the connection. -- Scott S., Spring, Texas 問︰球季初我注意到 Ausmus 捕手頭盔上,有長角牛的圖徽。我已經上網搜 尋了,還是無法了解為何頭盔會有該圖示。從他到 Dartmouth 的經歷, 我也無法做連結。 It's a skull of an unidentified animal. Brad's not sure which one -- maybe a cow. It's generic -- it has no special meaning, and sorry Longhorn fans, it has nothing to do with the University of Texas. 答︰這是一種讓人不易辨識的動物頭蓋骨。Brad 也不確定是什麼。也許是頭 母牛。屬於同類的動物。它也沒代表任何特殊意義,所以囉,長角牛迷們, 很抱歉,這跟德州大學一點關係也沒有。 Obviously, Craig Biggio is not going to reach the 3,000 hit mark this year. So, does he still have another year on his contract? If not, are their plans to re-sign him? I can't imagine Craig getting that 3,000th hit in a Yankees, Mets or Rockies uniform. -- Sandy S., El Dorado, Ark. 問︰顯然本季 Biggio 不會達到 3000 安的目標。所以他合約的年限有到明 年嗎?如果沒有太空人有計畫和他續約嗎?我實在無法想像 Craig 在洋 基、大都會、落磯山隊打出個人3000安的記錄。 Sandy S., El Dorado, Ark. It is my understanding that Drayton McLane has every intention of watching Biggio log his 3,000th hit in an Astros uniform. That means Biggio will sign one more one-year contract, and I believe Tim Purpura and Barry Axelrod, Craig's agent, have had very preliminary conversations in that regard. I anticipate Craig will reach the milestone next May, so keep that in mind when tickets for '07 go on sale this winter. 答︰據我所知, McLane 全心全意要看到 Biggio 穿著太空人球衣達成 3000 安紀錄。這意謂還會和 Biggio 再簽一年合約。我相信在這方面, Purpura 和 Craig 的經紀人 Barry Axelrod 已有初步對談。我預期 Craig 明年 五月能達到此里程碑,所以記得今年冬天07年球票開賣時,要去訂購。 I know that Purpura will be discussing post-playing opportunities with Jeff Bagwell, but I think his talents would be wasted outside of the clubhouse. With his baserunning knowledge and hitting ability, I believe he would make an outstanding third base coach for the Astros. He would be in uniform, and he would have a closer relationship with the players. Also, he'd make an excellent manager whenever the time comes. -- Alan K., Houston 問︰我知道 Purpura 即將和 Bagwell 討論他球員後生涯的規劃,但我覺得他 若不在球團內工作,可就埋沒才能了。以他在壘間的經驗與打擊能力,相 信他一定能成為太空人最成功的三壘指導教練。他應該要穿著太空人球衣, 而且他一定能和球員們擁有密切關係。當時機成熟,他也會是個出色的 總教練。 -- Alan K., Houston You are most definitely not the first person to suggest Bagwell come back as a baserunning coach. Some are begging for him to start that role immediately, like, last week. That's what happens when no fewer than three Astros baserunners fall on their faces running from second to third in the course of a single season. And it's only August. 答︰你不是唯一,而是多數建議 Bagwell 回來擔任跑壘指導教練的球 迷之一。像上週就有一些球迷還乞求馬上讓他擔任這個職位。那會 是球季中多數跑壘員在面對從二壘攻佔上三壘時會有的經歷。 (按︰這句翻不好,不太能理解@@。) 而且現在不過才八月而已。 Jeff would make a good third base coach, assuming he can wave runners around with his left arm. Also, keep in mind that most coaches throw a round of batting practice. Jeff would not be able to do that, which means the other coaches would have to pick up extra rounds. That's not unheard of, but it is something to consider. 試想他揮左手向跑壘員示意的樣子,Jeff一定可以可以勝任三 壘指導教練。再者,大部份教練都會幫球員餵球,進行幾輪打擊練 習。 Jeff 無法餵球的話,也就表示其它教練要多擔待幾輪。這種 狀況並非前所未有,而是考量到他肩膀的問題。 Garner is a big believer that Jeff's talents would be best served on the field, rather than in a front office capacity. I agree. Garner 強烈認為 Jeff 的才能貢獻在球場上最完美,而不是在官方 擔任職位。我贊同這個看法。 What is the scoop on J.R. House in Round Rock? I notice he is a catcher but plays other positions. Is he lacking on defense? He is a hitter! -- Thad M., El Paso 問︰有沒有一些關於3A Round Rock隊 J.R. House 的獨家消息?我注意到 他位置為捕手,但卻守其他位置。是不是他守備不好?他只會打安打而 已。 -- Thad M., El Paso He is definitley quite the hitter. It's the catching part that isn't working. I've been told that he does not have the arm to make throws to second. He also plays first base, but the Astros already have too many at that position. It's unfortunate, because they could surely use his bat. 答︰他確實只會打安打,蹲捕的表現並不佳。據說他沒有傳球到二壘的臂力。 他也守一壘,不過太空人隊中,此位置已經人才濟濟了。實在遺憾, 教練也只能用他的打擊能力而已。 I know the Milwaukee Brewers brought back the "doggie paw" logo and uniforms for Sunday games. Do you see the Astros doing the same next year with the red and orange rainbow jersey? -- Jose M., Houston 問︰我看到釀酒人隊在本週日的球賽,用了過去的狗爪標誌與球衣。你想明年 太空人也會穿那件紅橘相間的彩虹球衣嗎? -- Jose M., Houston I hope not. I'll have to check the history books to verify this, but I do not recall even a single game that the Astros won while wearing the old throwback jerseys. They had three turn back the clock days in 1999, the year they closed down the Astrodome, and they lost all of them. They've been absolutely shelled by opponents in the last few years when wearing those old jerseys. I say, keep them in the closet. 答︰我希望別這麼做。實在想不到任何一場太空人穿那件復古球衣的比賽 有贏球的,我會去查一下歷史紀錄以做確認。太空人在1999關掉 Astrodome那年穿了3次彩虹球衣,結果三戰皆墨。近年來, 每當他們穿著這件球衣出賽,絕對慘遭對手屠殺。所以我說,球衣 吊在衣櫃裡放著就好了。 Based on how well Roger Clemens has pitched this year, what are the chances we see The Rocket back again next year? Certainly, we cannot consider him done. -- James D., Los Angeles. 問︰以今年 Clemens 在場上的表現為依據,我們明年看到火箭人再次回 場上投球的機會有多大?十分確定的是,我們不能認定他的球員生 涯就此結束。 -- James D., Los Angeles. I would love to see the Rocket pitch until he's 46, the same age Nolan Ryan when he retired. But I doubt Roger will think that's such a great idea. I'm not sure he'll want to pitch past this season. Maybe if this year goes well, he'll want to do the five-month deal again, but I wouldn't count on it. It would not surprise me in the least bit if he announces his retirement when the season ends. I think there is a 50-50 chance Pettitte will, too. 看他在場上奮戰。但我不認為 Roger 會認為這點子不錯。我不確定今年球 季過後他是否有意願再投球。也許如果今年投的好,他會想要再依詢今年五 個月合約的模式,不過我無法信服。球季結束,倘若他宣布退休,我一點也 不意外。我認為這也和 Pettitte 的情況相同,機會一半一半。 Alyson Footer is a reporter for MLB.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs. ========================= 恩,若需要修改的部分跟我說,謝謝。 -- ~ 你對世界如何發問,世界就如何回答你 ~ -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 218.172.209.118

08/15 23:30, , 1F
08/15 23:30, 1F

08/16 00:17, , 2F
希望老畢續約打到3000H又不希望Burke被冷凍 我真矛盾
08/16 00:17, 2F

08/16 00:22, , 3F
外電一定推!
08/16 00:22, 3F

08/16 01:13, , 4F
把Burke移到游擊吧!! 這樣打擊會大幅升級
08/16 01:13, 4F

08/16 07:13, , 5F