Mailbag: Everett getting 'Brunt' of blame?

看板Astros作者 ( 濱線上的一顆沙)時間18年前 (2006/06/27 17:29), 編輯推噓5(500)
留言5則, 5人參與, 最新討論串1/1
06/26/2006 1:57 PM ET Mailbag: Everett getting 'Brunt' of blame? Beat writer Alyson Footer answers Astros fans' questions By Alyson Footer / MLB.com From︰http://kuso.cc/!3G ========== How is Adam Everett still in the lineup and not Eric Bruntlett? You lose nothing defensively, and Bruntlett has a much better bat and is the best base stealer on the team. -- George J., Baton Rouge, La. 問︰為什麼仍讓 Everett 擔任先發而不是 Bruntlett? Bruntlett 守備不輸之外, 棒子更燙,而且還是全隊最會抓準時機,啟動盜壘的球員。 As much as I admire Bruntlett's talent, attitude and work ethic, you definitely lose a lot defensively by playing him over Everett. In fact, you lose something defensively by playing anyone over Everett. 答︰正如我稱讚 Bruntlett 的球技、態度、和打球觀念,你確實也遺漏很多讓他 取代 Everett 後守備上的問題。事實上,讓任何人取代 Everett 都會減損 內野守備的戰力。 I know many of you are tired of hearing me defend Everett, but too bad. His only fault is he makes playing shortstop look too easy. Every play looks routine because he's just that good. If he were flashier, like Ozzie Smith or Barry Larkin, he'd make a lot more SportsCenter highlights. He probably won't win the Gold Glove, but he should receive a ton of consideration. 我知道很多人已經厭煩我為 Everett 說情,非常不滿意。他唯一的錯誤就是 他讓守游擊看來很簡單。因為他就是這樣棒,所以每個守備看來都平淡無奇。 如果他動作豪華一點,像 Ozzie Smith 和 Barry Larkin 那樣,他一定會常 常成為 SportsCenter 撥出的精采守備中。他或許不會贏得金手套獎,但是他 應獲得尊重。 Yes, Everett has offensive shortcomings. So did Tim Bogar in the late 1990s. No one cared, because the rest of the lineup was outstanding, and it really didn't matter what the No. 7 or 8 hitter was doing. 沒錯, Everett 打擊真的很鳥,90年代末期的 Tim Bogar 也是一樣。不過 當時沒人在意,因為打線其餘非常優異,況且七八棒打的如何實在無關緊要。 If I were making the decisions in the offseason, I wouldn't do a thing with Everett except mark him down in permanent ink as my starting shortstop -- assuming he has his back problems under control. I would then focus my attentions on the middle of the lineup and put together one that is much scarier than the one they're trotting out now. Everett is not the problem. 如果要我在球季結束後做決定,假定他背傷無窒礙,我不會對他有任何動作, 除了記下他為我心中的不動先發游擊。然後我會注意觀察場上守備中間位置 的球員,一起比較哪一人守得比另一位還讓人心驚,看他們表現的高 下。來球對 Everett 絕不是問題。 I have always seen Brad Ausmus as more of a fielder and less of a hitter. This year, he has turned it around massively. Do you know what created the spark in his bat or is he just on a slight streak? -- John S., Galena Park, Texas 問︰我一直覺得 Ausmus 是個攻弱守強的球員。不過今年他卻搖身一變。你知道 是什麼原因讓他的棒子冒出火花嗎,或者只不過是短暫火熱而已? As of this writing, Ausmus was 11-for-67 in June. That's a .164 average. It was fun watching him hit .339 in April, but I think we all knew that wasn't going to last. The backstop isn't a .339 hitter, but he's not a .164 hitter, either. He's somewhere in the middle. I think that's what we can expect to see the rest of the season. 答︰回覆這個問題同時, Ausmus 在六月份67個打數11支安打。 1成64的打擊率。 有趣的是他四月份的打擊率為 3成39,不過我們都知道這不會持續到最後。 打擊率3成39的打者不會是捕手,但 Ausmus 的打擊率也不會是 1成64。他 的打擊率大概在中段左右。我想這是我們預估在接下來可見到的的成績。 That said, historically, Ausmus heats up in August. He hit .310 last August, and he has a career average of .292 during that month. It's odd that he hits well in August, considering he plays the most demanding position on the field, and August is usually when players start to wear down a bit. 也就是說,從過去經驗來看,Ausmus 在八月棒子會加溫。去年八月他打了 3成10的打擊率,而且在該月他締造生涯最棒的 2成92打擊率。你想想他 擔任球場中最重要的指揮官,而且八月通常是球員開始露出疲態的時候,在 八月他居然打這麼好,實在很奇怪。 Any chance Phil Garner names Jeff Bagwell to the All-Star team? After missing out on a final year of playing, Baggy, who from everything I've read is one of the game's most well-liked and well-respected players, could still go be a part of All-Star weekend and get some recognition from the league. And since he's injured, he wouldn't end up taking away a deserving player's spot on the team anyway. -- Hank, Houston 問︰Garner 可能將 Bagwell 選入國聯明星隊嗎?儘管因傷而錯過球員生涯最後一 年,我從各方所讀到關於 Baggy 的一切,都是球賽中最讓人喜愛與敬重的球星, 他仍舊可以在明星賽中現身並獲得連盟的認同。自從他受傷後,無論如何他都沒 有獲得球隊上一位值得敬重球員該有的對待。 I don't think Bagwell has Pittsburgh in his plans next month. That would be quite the detour from Cabo San Lucas, the Bagwell family's second home, which is probably getting quite a bit of use since our loveable first baseman went on the disabled list. 答︰我想下個月到匹茲堡不會在 Bagwell 的計畫當中。應該是繞個大圈到墨西哥 的 Cabo San Lucas,那是 Bagwell 一家的第二住所,自從我們心愛的一壘 手進傷兵名單後,那裡可能就發揮一點功能了。 When his playing career is officially over -- and I sense that announcement will come after this season ends -- Bagwell will be showered with plenty of adoration and recognition. I would hope the Astros would consider retiring his uniform number on Opening Day as part of a celebration of the 10-year anniversary of the club's first National League Central division title, which Bagwell, of course, contributed to mightily. 我認為他會在今年球季結束後對外發表聲明,那時宣告球員生涯正式結束。 Bagwell 會展現出眾人對他的崇拜與認同。我希望太空人隊能考慮在開幕 日讓他的背號一同退休,作為球團慶祝首次獲得國聯中區冠軍十週年紀念, 當然那時 Bagwell 貢獻良多。 If the All-Star Game was in Houston this year, I could make an argument for including Bagwell in some way. But it's in Pittsburgh, and I don't see it happening. I doubt he'd want to go, anyway. 如果今年明星賽在休士頓舉辦,某種意義上我們可以據理爭取讓 Bagwell 成為其中一員。但是現在是在匹茲堡舉辦耶,不可行的。反正我覺得他也 不想去。 I know this is a silly question, but it's been bugging me for a long time. Everytime I see Craig Biggio bat, I can't help but notice that his batting helmet looks like the paint has worn off the front where he adjusts it. He's not the only Astro, but he's the only one I notice every time. Can't the Astros afford to buy him a new helmet? Or maybe a can of spray paint? -- Kris W., Orange, Texas 問︰我知道這是個蠢問題不過它已經困擾我好久了。每當我看到 Biggio 上場打擊時,總不能不注意他那習慣戴著,烤漆已嚴重褪色的打擊頭盔。 他不是唯一上場的太空人球星,但他是每次我唯一注意的人。太空人球 團沒辦法買個新頭盔給他嗎?或許這只是噴漆製造的效果呢? Call him superstitious. As long as I've known him, Biggio has never played with a clean batting helmet. He prefers to keep it greasy and grimy, and while he has mellowed over the years, I think he would still get a tad bitter if a bat boy accidentally tried to clean it. It's kind of gross, but what can you say -- baseball players are strange. 答︰這是他個人的迷信。我認識 Biggio 這樣久,從未看他戴過乾淨的頭盔。 同時在這些年球技的成熟,他喜歡讓頭盔一直保持油膩骯髒的狀態,如果有 bat boy 正好試著去清他的頭盔,我想他一定會氣炸。這個習慣有點恐怖, 但你能說什麼,棒球員的個性挺古怪的。 Any chance Hunter Pence gets called up this year? He's been great in Double-A, and with the way the outfield has been so far this year, I don't see how he could be much worse. -- Adam H., Merrick, N.Y. 問︰Pence 今年有機會被升上大聯盟嗎?他在2A打出來的成績相當亮眼,而且 看看今年到目前我們外野群的表現,我想 Pence 不會比較差。 I have a feeling Garner would love to see Pence in the big leagues this year, but I doubt it's going to happen. The Astros don't like rushing players before it's time, and Pence probably would benefit from a bit more Minor League seasoning. 答︰我覺得 Garner 會想見到 Pence 今年升上大聯盟,不過我認為這不太可能發 生。太空人不願對球員揠苗助長, 而且 Pence 可在多一些小聯盟的磨練中 獲益。 But he appears to be the real deal, and considering the merry-go-round of outfielders the Astros have run out there this year, I think it's realistic to assume Pence will have a legitimate shot to win a starting job out of Spring Training next year. 不過一想到今年球季太空人隊上不斷改變陣容的外野手, Pence 似乎會 被好好看待。我覺得明年春訓結束後, Pence 會有恰當機會贏得先發位置。 Alyson Footer is a reporter for MLB.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs. ======= 嗯嗯,沒翻好或應當改進處,跟我說,謝謝你。 -- ~ "環保" 可以當自己吝嗇的最佳理由 ~ -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 218.172.211.57

06/27 17:54, , 1F
有看有推
06/27 17:54, 1F

06/27 18:10, , 2F
好像很多人都喜歡帶髒髒的頭盔?例如VG
06/27 18:10, 2F

06/28 00:19, , 3F
BGO的理由記得是 因為這樣看起來比較認真XD
06/28 00:19, 3F

06/28 08:59, , 4F
有看有推
06/28 08:59, 4F