Mailbag: Backe nearing return?

看板Astros作者 ( 濱線上的一顆沙)時間18年前 (2006/05/16 16:43), 編輯推噓7(700)
留言7則, 7人參與, 最新討論串1/1
05/15/2006 4:00 PM ET Mailbag: Backe nearing return? Beat reporter Alyson Footer answers fans' questions By Alyson Footer / MLB.com From﹕http://tinyurl.com/jj8wo ========================== I was just wondering if you knew anything about Brandon Backe. On April 14, he was put on the 15-day disabled list, but I still haven't heard a word about him. I think Backe adds to the Astros' starting rotation, and I'd like to know your estimate on when he will be ready to pitch again. 不知您曉不曉得 Brandon Backe 的近況如何。他在 4 月 14 日被放進 15 天傷兵名單後 ,接著我就再也沒聽到他的任何消息了。 Backe 當然會回到先發輪值中,我想要知道他 大概何時準備回到場上。 -- Emily S., Alexandria, Va. Backe is continuing to rehab his sprained right elbow, but it'll be at least another month before we can realistically anticipate a return to the mound. He's been throwing on flat ground, and in the next couple of weeks, he hopes to throw off the mound. If that goes well, he'll need at least two more weeks to regain his arm strength, and I would imagine he'll have to go on a Minor League rehab assignment to shake off the rust. I wouldn't expect him back until late June at the very earliest, and that's probably being overly optimistic. Backe 的右手肘正持續復原中,但我們預計至少還要一個月他才能回到投手丘上。目前他 已經在練習傳球了,他希望在接下來的幾週能夠開始進行練投。如果狀況好的話,至少還 需要兩週的時間來恢復臂力,我想他未來會先到小聯盟去投個球以找回球感。最早也要到 六月下旬,我認為他才會歸隊,不過這有可能太樂觀了。 I've noticed that baserunners are always talking to the person fielding the base. I was wondering what they talk about. 我注意到上壘者總是會和當時守備的球員講話。我很好奇他們都在聊些什麼? -- Palak G., Houston Most of the chatter takes place at first base, and most first baseman, when asked what they talk about, say, "I can't tell you." I would imagine the subject matter is somewhat based on how well the first baseman and the baserunner know each other. Conversations range from "how's your family" to unmentionables. It's one of the great mysteries of baseball. 這種狀況大部分發生在上一壘的時候,多數都是一壘手,當問到他們到底談些什麼,哎呀 ,〝我沒辦法告訴你〞。我猜,談論的話題是看一壘手和那個上壘者彼此之間的熟識度。 對話內容的層級從〝你的家人好嗎〞到一些私人問題都有。這是棒球場上秘密事件之一。 The Astros starters are doing a reasonable job, but the bullpen has had its troubles. Would Roger Clemens consider coming back as the closer until there is a real need for him to start? Dan Wheeler and Brad Lidge can be pushed up an inning. 太空人隊的先發投手表現稱職,不過牛棚總是〝引火自焚〞。 Roger Clemens 有沒有考 慮回來當個終結者,直到球隊真的需要他擔任先發的工作。然後 Wheeler 和 Lidge在他 上來之前,各投一局。 -- Carl S., Spring I am fairly certain that Clemens has no interest in being a closer. Why would he want to? He's accomplished everything there is to accomplish as a pitcher in this game, he's headed to the Hall of Fame and he would be just as content calling it a career right now as he would making a midseason return. If he comes back, it will be in the same capacity as it has been for 21 years -- as a starter. He's not going to waste his time sitting in the bullpen for eight innings. If he's going to do that, he might as well sit in his seats behind home plate and enjoy the game with his kids. 我完全確定 Clemens 沒意願擔任終結者。為什麼他會想要哩?他已經做到身為一個投手 在球賽中必須要達成的任何事了。他即將是名人堂球員,而且對職業生涯的表現也相當滿 足,現在他也將在季中回鍋﹙恩…這段我翻不太順﹚。如果他回到太空人隊,定位還是會 和他已扮演 21 年的角色一樣---擔任先發投手。他沒必要浪費時間,坐在牛棚足足等了 八局之後上場。如果他真要坐在椅子上的話,也是要和他的孩子坐在本壘板之後觀賞球賽 。 If Clemens comes back and Backe is healthy, who gets sent out of the rotation? With Taylor Buchholz and Wandy Rodriguez pitching so well, it seems a shame that one of them would have to lose a spot. Any chance of a six-man rotation? 假使 Clemens 歸隊,而且 Backe 傷勢也復原的話,誰會被剔除於先發投手之外?儘管 Buchholz和 Rodriguez 投的這麼棒,看到他們其中一人會失去表現空間,實在感到遺憾 。有沒有可能來個六投手輪值? -- Joe F., Milwaukee No chance for a six-man rotation. If you add another pitcher, you're taking starts away from pitchers like Roy Oswalt and Andy Pettitte. Would you rather Oswalt and Pettitte make 28 starts this year or 35? 六投手輪值是不可能的。如果多增加一名先發投手,就會使得先發投手像 Oswalt 和 Pettitte 少掉幾次先發機會。你要 Oswalt 和 Pettitte 一年先發 28 場,還是 35場 ? Buchholz, Rodriguez and Fernando Nieve are all pitching well, and it's been one of the great stories to follow early in the season. It's too early to tell who would leave the rotation when Backe is healthy and/or Clemens returns. Having too many good starters is a problem every Major League team would like to have. The Astros are in a good place in that respect. Buchholz、Rodriguez、Nieve 都表現的很好,這是球季之初最值得聽的偉大故事之一。 以 Backe 身體健康或 Clemens 回來的狀況下談論誰會剔除於投手輪值的問題還太早。每 支大聯盟球隊都樂意擁有優秀先發投手太多的問題。太空人隊就面臨這樣的問題。 Lately, there has been much talk about whether Clemens will return to baseball or retire. Why do people keep asking the same questions about him every day when nothing has changed in over a month? Please, no more Clemens questions until there is definite news whether it is good or bad. Thank you. 最近看到好多關於 Clemens 到底會不會回到場上或退休的消息。在這麼久完全沒有任何 新消息的狀況下,為何人們還是每天不斷在問相同的問題呢?拜託,等到有一個確切的消 息出現,不論它是好是壞,否則別再問關於 Clemens 的問題了。謝謝! -- Justin P., Savannah, Tenn. I hear ya, Justin. I think I've set a record in rolling my eyes ever since the Astros didn't offer Clemens arbitration last December. Most of the news regarding Roger so far hasn't revealed a whole lot. We're trying to determine if he has any desire to pitch this year, and if he does, whether he wants to pitch for the Astros or not. So far, he's not tipping his hand. It's sort of like a combination of playing "Where's Waldo?" and watching a soap opera. 我跟你說,Justin。自從去年 12 月太空人隊未給 Clemens 仲裁之後,我眼睛所看到這 方面問題的數量,已創造了紀錄。大部分的消息還是都與 Clemens 尚未透露決定有關。 我們試著推測他今年到底有無意願要回場上投球,而如果有,要不要為太空人隊效力。到 目前為止,他都沒有透露決定。一切有點像在玩 "Where's Waldo?" 系列遊戲和觀賞肥皂 劇。 按︰我不知道什麼是 "Where's Waldo?" ,查了一下,是小朋友在玩的遊戲,以下為連結 ︰ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Where's_Waldo http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0763603120/sr=8-1/qid=1147762764/ref=pd_bbs_1/102-7048248-9260141?%5Fencoding=UTF8 Last year, the Astros made a fantastic run, going from fifth in the National League Central to second and finally to the World Series. That's the story we all know and love. Is this because the Astros are a second-half team? It always seems that the Astros find a way to come back in the end. Do you think the same will happen this year? And considering they are so good in the beginning of this season, what does this mean come August and September? 去年太空人隊有令人難以置信的成果,戰績從國聯中區第五名爬升到第二,最後還打進世 界大賽。這是我們耳熟能詳與熱愛的故事。這是因為太空人隊是支下半季球隊嗎?太空人 隊似乎都在最後才大夢初醒,連趕進度。你想今年還會一樣嗎?想到今年季初戰績不錯, 這意味著八、九月會有什麼表現嗎? -- Joseph G., Kingwood, Texas The Astros have been a second-half team for the past five years or so. There's no real explanation for it, but it's a better alternative than the teams who come out like gangbusters and fade in August and September. In the last two years, the Astros have taken their second-half prowess to an extreme -- they've been absolutely terrible for two or three months and ended up having one of the best winning percentages in all of baseball during the stretch run. 過去這五年來,太空人隊一直都是下半季球隊。這現象沒有合理的解釋,不過一定比開季 橫掃對手,八、九月一厥不振的情形還來的好選擇。在過去兩年,太空人隊將他們下半季 球隊的本領發揮的淋漓盡致-二、三個月的時間讓敵人見之喪膽,在最後階段擁有最佳勝 率。 It would be better if they could spread the wins more evenly over a season. Then there's not as much urgency and pressure to win every game when the races heat up. Take 1998, for instance -- they won all the time, whether it was April, July or September. They ran away with the division and had it wrapped up with two weeks left in the season. I would imagine that every team would take that scenario over having to 36-10 to get to the playoffs, even though that was certainly fun to watch. 如果他們一整季戰績穩定是最好了。這樣當競爭加溫時,他們對於贏球也不會感到迫切與 壓力。以1998年的例子來說,不論是四月、七月、九月,均不斷贏球。該季他們最後贏得 國聯中區冠軍。縱使比較有看頭,我想每支球隊還是想要帶著 36 勝 10 敗的劇本打入季 後賽。﹙恩…這邊翻的挺亂﹚ ========== 如果哪裡沒翻好,我再改,謝了。 -- ~ "環保" 可以當自己吝嗇的最佳理由 ~ -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 140.127.53.68

05/16 17:04, , 1F
05/16 17:04, 1F

05/16 18:08, , 2F
有看有推
05/16 18:08, 2F

05/16 18:13, , 3F
貝基加油
05/16 18:13, 3F

05/16 19:54, , 4F
小貝加油!
05/16 19:54, 4F

05/16 22:55, , 5F