Mailbag: Bagwell to provide support?

看板Astros作者 (足壘球,真好玩!)時間18年前 (2006/04/18 19:31), 編輯推噓1(100)
留言1則, 1人參與, 最新討論串1/1
04/17/2006 8:18 PM ET Mailbag: Bagwell to provide support? Beat writer Alyson Footer answers Astros fans' queries By Alyson Footer / MLB.com From︰http://kuso.cc/DHt With Jeff Bagwell on the disabled list, will he still be in the dugout for each game and accompany the team on road games? His knowledge of the game will be beneficial even if he is not on the field. I imagine he is a great cheerleader for the team, as well as a mentor to the younger players. -- Bobbi S., Houston Bagwell 在傷兵名單中,每場比賽他仍可以在休息室中, 並且隨著客場移動嗎?縱使他不在場上,他對於球賽的經 驗對球隊大有幫助。我可以想像他能為全隊帶動一股士氣 也會是年輕球員 的心靈導師。 From some of the emails I've received, I think there may be a misconception that the club is encouraging Bagwell to stay away from the team this year. That is absolutely not true -- Bagwell can come and go as he pleases, and he's welcome in the clubhouse and dugout whenever he wants to show up. 從我收到的一些 emails 來說,我覺得大家都誤解球團 想要 Bagwell 離開。這看法完全錯誤。 Bagwell 想怎 樣是隨他的意願,不論何時他想露面,球團和休息室都 歡迎他。 Bagwell estimated he'll be around once or twice a homestand, and he's a regular in the weight room before games. It's hard for a player to be in the dugout when he can't contribute, and I would guess that'll keep Bagwell away more than he's here. Bagwell 估測他會在主場出現 1~2 次,賽前他通常會 在重訓室。對於一個球員來說,不能上場,只能坐在休 息室的感覺很難受,我想這會讓 Bagwell 離開休息室。 I hope he won't be a stranger, though, because you're right, he's a terrific presence, whether or not he's playing. 我希望他不是那個陌生人,因為你的看法是正確的, 無論他有沒有上場,他都擁有巨星風采。 What uniform do you think Roger Clemens will wear to the Hall of Fame, and do you think if he plays for a team this year, that will have a bearing on his choice? -- Aaron B., Sydney 你想老克會以哪隊球員身分進入名人堂?如果他今 年為某一支球隊效力的話,那和他的選擇會有影響嗎? If he returns to the big leagues this year, it will have no bearing on which cap will be depicted on his Hall of Fame plaque. However, if he pitches, say, five more years in Houston (which is highly unlikely), or goes back to the Yankees and wins another World Series, that could have a bearing on which cap he'll wear in the Hall. 如果他今年回到場上,和他未來以哪隊球員進入名人 堂是無關的。然而,如果他在休士頓投五年以上﹙這 個意義大大不同﹚,或者他回到洋基,再拿到一 枚世界大賽戒指,這就和他以何隊球員進名人堂 大大有關了。 The Hall has always had the final say as to which cap the player will wear, although they also take into strong consideration the wishes of the player. Prior to 2001, players pretty much made the call. Wade Boggs, however, ruined that for everyone when he said publicly he was going into the Hall as a Tampa Bay Devil Ray -- after two years in that organization. He played his best years with the Red Sox, and the Hall overrode his Devil Rays decision. 名人堂委員會擁有最後權利,決定球員是以何隊進入, 雖然他們會以球員個人希望做參考。不過在 2001年前, 球員擁有相當大的決定權。然而去年 Wade Boggs 要打破規定, 他對外宣布要以坦帕灣魔鬼魚球員的身分進入名人堂, 因為他在那支球隊待了兩年。不過他職業生涯最亮眼的時候 是在紅襪隊,因此名人堂不接受他的決定。        Three years ago, I would have argued that Clemens should go in with a Red Sox cap -- he played 13 years there, won three Cy Youngs, went to one World Series. Clemens has stated in the past that he wants to go in as a Yankee, with whom he won two World Series championships. 三年前,我會覺得老克應該要以紅襪球員的身分入選名人堂。 他在那裡投了 13 年,贏得了三座賽揚獎,也打進一次 世界大賽。而老克過去就表示他要以洋基球員的身分,因 為他在那裡贏得了兩座世界大賽獎盃。 To be honest, at this point -- especially if he continues his career -- I don't think the Red Sox choice is that clear-cut anymore. He's been gone from Boston for a decade, and look at what he's accomplished since. 老實說,從這個節骨眼來看,特別是如果他繼續職業生涯的話, 我認為紅襪隊不會是絕對的選擇。因為他離開波士頓十年 了,要以他後來在哪一隊的表現來做考慮。 But we shouldn't get our hopes up in Houston. Unless he sticks around for another five years, he's not going in as an Astro. 但是我們不該把我們的希望都放在休士頓上。除非他堅持繼續 留在太空人隊五年,不然他是不能以太空人隊球員的身分 進入名人堂的。 As sad as this is, the only way I can get my wife to go to Astros games with me is on "dollar hot dog night." I can't find it on their promotional schedule. Do you know when they will be? -- Kyle I., Houston 真傷心,我唯一可以帶我老婆看太空人的球賽, 就是 "dollar hot dog night."的時候,但是我在球 團的最新賽程表確找不到。你知道哪一天會舉辦 這個活動? You aren't the only one who's asked me about the wildly popular steamin' weenie promotion. The Astros are still working on the dates. As soon as I know, I'll pass it along. 你不是唯一問我那個受到球迷熱愛,換熱狗活動的人 太空人隊還在計畫。我只要一得知日期,我就會發佈。 Does Phil Garner dislike Eric Bruntlett? For some reason, as he never gives him a shot to play. Every time Bruntlett comes into a game, good things seem to happen. He is a strong all-around defensive player, and he has hit in clutch situations. Why doesn't he get more playing time? -- Terri S., Houston Garner是不是討厭 Bruntlett ?從一些方面來看, 他從不給 Bruntlett機會。每一次 Bruntlett 上場的 時候,都會有好事發生。他擁有全方位的守備,而且 壘上有隊友時,總能送回他們。為什麼他就沒有更多 上場空間呢? Garner does not dislike Bruntlett -- quite the contrary, as a matter of fact. He loves players like Bruntlett, because Bruntlett can play anywhere and likes coming in during clutch situations. He'll receive plenty of playing year. He and Chris Burke will be used as super utilitymen, receiving an occassional start here and there. They will also be used as late game defensive replacements and pinch-hitters. Garner並沒有討厭 Bruntlett,事實上,相反的,他 喜歡像 Bruntlett 這類型的球員,因為 Bruntlett 可 以守任何位置,期許他有打點,就有打點。他今年會 有很多上場機會。他和 Burke 被設定在工具人的角色, 偶爾會先發上場。他們也會被用在比賽後半段時,上 場守備以及擔任代打。 If Bagwell makes a comeback, will Berkman move back to the outfield? And will they put Orlando Palmeiro on the bench? -- Johan H., Karlskoga, Sweden 如果 Bagwell 真的能東山再起, Berkman 會被移到外 野嗎?他們會將 Palmeiro 放到板凳去嗎? There is almost no chance Bagwell will come back as an Astro. If the club has any chance at collecting on the insurance claim, I'm fairly certain that putting him back on the field will not strengthen their argument that he's a disabled player. Bagwell 在太空人隊東山再起的機會很渺茫。如果球團 能夠跟保險公司提出理賠,那我很確定,讓他上場,不 會加重彼此的爭論。 If Bagwell has surgery to remove the bone spurs from his shoulder and can be a productive hitter, he might explore going to the American League as a designated hitter next year. Chances are slim that he'll play again in any capacity, but they're pretty much non-existent that he'll come back as an Astro. 如果 Bagwell 動手術把右肩的骨刺移除了,而且上場也 有貢獻,他可能明年到美聯去擔任指定打擊。他還有能力 再打球的機會很小,離開太空人隊的機會很大。 Does a player have to be on the 40-man roster to get a callup in September? Would the 'Stros dangle the possibility of a game with a Clemens on third base and a famous father on the mound as incentive in a May or June signing? -- Kevin H., Houston 四十人名單的球員有人九月份會被升上大聯盟嗎?球團有 無可能因為五、六月份和老克簽約後,在一場比賽讓 Koby 擔任三壘手,他爸爸登板主投,父子同場出賽作為一種鼓 勵呢? If you're talking about calling up Koby in September to play in a game Roger starts -- in which case they would be only the third father-son combination to play together in Major League history -- yes, I'm sure that idea has been discussed. I wouldn't put it past the Clemens camp to put that clause in his contract. 如果你是在說九月升 Koby 上來,在老克先發時上場的話, 那他們就是大聯盟歷史上第三對同場出賽的父子檔。恩,我 確定這個想法之前就討論過了。我希望這不是 Clemens camp 合約裡的條款。 You do have to be on the 40-man roster to get a callup. The Astros usually keep their roster around 39, in order to save space for non-roster players who they want to bring to the big leagues. So it's not out of the realm of possiblity that Koby could get a callup. 要在四十人名單裡面才可以被 callup。太空人隊通常都讓名 單的人保持在 39 人左右,這是為了要給球團想放上去大聯盟, 但非四十人名單球員的空間。 Koby and Roger playing together for the Astros would be a ridiculous publicity stunt, but at the same time, it would be kind of cool to see it. Koby 和 老克同場在太空人隊出賽是個荒謬的噱頭,然而 看到他們同場,也挺有看頭的。 === 恩,沒翻好的,再跟我說^^ -- ~ "環保" 可以當自己吝嗇的最佳理由 ~ -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 218.172.207.123 ※ 編輯: mysunny 來自: 220.143.20.231 (04/18 23:05)

04/19 02:18, , 1F
除了Eric之外通通都是跟老人有關 XD
04/19 02:18, 1F
文章代碼(AID): #14HCujvc (Astros)