Mailbag: Bagwell may become mentor

看板Astros作者 (足壘球,真好玩!)時間18年前 (2006/04/08 10:14), 編輯推噓2(200)
留言2則, 2人參與, 最新討論串1/1
04/06/2006 2:38 PM ET Mailbag: Bagwell may become mentor Beat reporter Alyson Footer answers fans' questions By Alyson Footer / MLB.com From︰http://kuso.cc/zWy Since Jeff Bagwell is on the verge of retirement, is there any chance of him sticking around under a sort of "services contract" like Roger Clemens has? I've heard so much about his presence and influence on rookies and prospects, so would he be invaluable as a special assistant, mentor, etc. to the Astros? Having him around in some capacity is better than him not being around at all. -- Reese E., Bellaire, Texas 既然老巴幾近退休,他有沒有機會像老克一樣,簽一紙 服務合約繼續留在球團呢?我聽了很多他對年輕球員擁 有影響力的消息,這麼說來他的顯赫地位可以擔任太空 人隊的特助、球員的良師益友囉?運用他的才幹留下他 總比他不在還來的好。 -- Reese E., Bellaire, Texas As soon as Jeff is ready to begin his post-playing career, the Astros will welcome him into the organization. Tim Purpura would love to hold a "Jeff Bagwell Elite Hitters camp" during the offseason, similar to the Nolan Ryan Elite Pitchers camp the club formed in January of 2005. 只要老巴準備開始他的後職業生涯,太空人隊會邀請他 加入球團組織。 Tim Purpura也會樂意在球季後舉辦一個 Bagwell 菁英打者營,性質就類似 2005年一月份球團舉 辦的 Nolan Ryan 菁英投手營一樣。 Bagwell has tons to offer by way of knowledge, and I'm sure down the road he'll be ready to explore options in the area of player development. But right now, he's got more pressing issues. He wants to have the bone spurs removed from his shoulder, but has yet to hear if that's a possibility. If doctors feel it could cause nerve damage, they won't operate. 老巴能有非常多的安排,而我可以確定他會想投入球員 培育這一方面。但是現在他正面臨現實問題。他想要移 除肩膀上的骨刺,但還不能得知有無可能性。如果醫生 評估這會導致神經受損的話,他們就不會進行手術。 Bagwell has a glimmer of hope that he can play again. For now, that's his focus. As soon as his career is officially over, I would imagine he'll play golf, hang out at his home in Cabo, play with his kids and travel. Eventually, he'll be ready to get back in the game, and hopefully, he'll return to the Astros in some capacity. 老巴心中存著一絲能再上場的希望。這是他現在的目標。 他的職業生涯一宣告結束,我能想像他會去打高爾夫球, 平日就在 Cabo的家中,陪伴他的孩子並到處去旅行。後 來再回到球場上,但願他回到太空人隊一展長才。 Last year I saw a comparison of Bagwell's offensive stats, compared to some of the Hall of Fame first basemen. He looked to be one of the best all time. Can you make an argument for his enshrinement? He already has my vote. -- David P., San Antonio 去年我看到一些老巴攻擊數據上的比較,與一些進入名 人堂的一壘手相比,他看起來是最棒的之一。你可以談 論一下他的輝煌表現嗎?我支持他。 -- David P., San Antonio I have always said that Jeff Bagwell is a Hall of Famer. He was the best all-around first baseman of his era, in terms of hitting for power and average, defense, baserunning, the whole nine yards. He's a Hall of Famer, without a doubt. 我老是在說老巴是名人堂球員。從他的 power、打擊率、 守備、跑壘、很多的項目,他都是他世代最棒的一壘手。 毋庸置疑,他是名人堂球員。 Why does Craig Biggio typically get slotted in the leadoff spot ahead of the speedy Willy Taveras? It seems to me, given his power and extra-base hit potential, Biggio would be better slotted in the No. 2 hole, while Taveras would be more apt to get on base and steal a quick base or two. -- Brandon B., San Francisco 為什麼一般老畢都擔任開路先鋒,棒次在具有速度的小塔 前面呢?我想,考慮到他的 power與長打能力,老畢放在 二棒會比較好,而小塔就比較能上壘,並盜一兩個壘包。 -- Brandon B., San Francisco Biggio's been a successful leadoff hitter for nearly a decade, and Taveras has yet to prove he can get on base consistently at this level. Therefore, Biggio starts the season in the leadoff spot. Phil Garner doesn't have to stick to his Opening Day lineup all year, or all week, for that matter. He'll mix and match as need be. Right now, Biggio is better at getting on base. So he leads off. 老畢作為一個稱職的開路先鋒已經有十年了,而小塔在這 個層級,上壘能力還不夠穩定。所以,讓老畢打第一棒。 Phil Garner 不會讓棒次就這樣固定了。他會視狀況所需 來調整。至於現在,老畢比較容易上壘。所以他當開路先 鋒。 I noticed that the Astros traded for utility infielder/outfielder Joe McEwing and shortstop Cody Ransom. The announcement indicated that they'd be assigned to Triple-A Round Rock, but McEwing, being a seven-year Major League veteran, looks a little like a potential contender for Eric Bruntlett's job. Is this anything more than just the stocking of the Triple-A club, or does McEwing project to see some time in Houston anytime soon? Basically, this move confused me. -- Chris V., Houston 我注意到太空人隊交易來工具人 Joe McEwing和游擊 手 Cody Ransom。根據官方表示他們會被送到 3A Round Rock隊去,但是已有七年大聯盟老經驗的 McEwing 看起來能跟 Bruntlett互相競爭。這只不過是要將他      存放在 3A球團而已呢,還是說隨時都會把他拉上來休 士頓呢?基本上,這個動作讓我一頭霧水。 -- Chris V., Houston McEwing and Ransom are insurance policies against injury. You can never have too much of a backup plan. No one is in danger of losing his job, but having two players with big league experience waiting in the wings can't hurt. Injuries are part of every team's season. How good the tape job is depends largely on the depth in the Minor Leagues. McEwing和 Ransom都有投保傷兵保險。你不必有太多替 代計畫。沒人會有丟掉工作的危險,不過兩個擁有大聯 盟經驗,打算展翅高飛的選手是不能受傷的。每個球隊 每季一定會有傷兵。最終的表現仰賴於小聯盟農場的深 度。 I'm here in Lexington, Ky., home of the Class A Astros affiliate. I'm wondering if Koby Clemens is going to be assigned to Lexington and if his famous dad will accompany him? -- David K., Lexington 我住在肯塔基的勒辛頓,也就是太空人隊 1A所在地。 我想知道 Koby Clemens今年是否會升到勒辛頓,還 有他偉大的爸爸會不會陪在他身邊? -- David K., Lexington Roger Clemens stated on Tuesday that he will be with Koby in Lexington to watch the Legends open the season. I have no guarantees that Roger will make a grand public appearance, but I wouldn't forget the binoculars if you're headed to Applebee's Park in the near future. 老克星期二對外表示他會和 Koby一起在勒辛頓欣賞 開幕戰。我不能跟你保證老克會有公開的亮相,如果 你接下來會去傳說隊主場 Applebee's Park看球的話 千萬別忘了帶雙倍望遠鏡。 I was wondering, which is normally a bigger concern near the end of Spring Training -- a hitter who isn't hitting or a pitcher who is still getting roughed up and walking alot of guys? -- Chris H., Chicago 我想知道在春訓末期,哪個問題的影響會比較大? 是貧打還是投手不穩、保送一堆打者? -- Chris H., Chicago I am always more alarmed when a pitcher has a bad spring, rather than a hitter. Hitting comes and goes, and most players are still working on their timing and swings when camp breaks. 當投手春訓狀況不佳時,我會更加擔憂,而非打者。 打擊表現是起起伏伏的,而且春訓營結束的時候,大 部分的球員仍持續在練習揮擊。 How we view a pitcher's spring as alot to do with his level of experience, too. When Roy Oswalt gets roughed up, he's "working on things." When Ezequiel Astacio gets rocked, he's "sent down." 我們觀察投手春訓的狀況,會參酌很多他所屬階層的 經驗。當 Oswalt投球不穩,他是在練習球路(這句翻這 樣應該不太好)。然而 Astacio出現亂流,他就被降到 小聯盟去了。 When do you see top prospect Jason Hirsh getting a chance in the rotation? -- Trever K., Davis, Calif. 你看頂尖新人 Jason Hirsh何時會成為 rotation的一員? -- Trever K., Davis, Calif. If he starts off strong, and someone in the Astros rotation isn't carrying his weight or gets hurt, I would say we'll see Jason sooner than later. It's too hard to tell right now. The Minor League seasons are just now getting under way. 如果他登板先發表現優異,而且太空人投手群有人 無法投出水準或者受傷的話,我覺得遲早能看到 Jason 被拉上來。現在要說什麼還太早。小聯盟的球季才 正開始。 If I remember correctly, at the beginning of the year last year, Garner did not have a solid, established lineup for about a month. Instead he rotated players around alot, and it was not until May when we had a solid consistent lineup. Is he planning on doing the same this year, or is the lineup pretty much set with Bagwell out? -- John R., Clear Lake, Texas 如果我沒記錯,去年季初,將近一個月, Garner沒有 一隻實力不錯、隊形確立的球隊。他一直調整隊形, 直到五月才有穩定的陣容。他今年還會像去年一樣嗎? 或者因為老巴進傷兵,隊形大致確立了? -- John R., Clear Lake, Texas I would say the lineup is set, although you'll see Chris Burke and Eric Bruntlett get their share of starts, too. Last year, the Astros had to realign their lineup when Bagwell went down in May. The main reason Garner didn't have the luxury of using a set lineup was because for most of the season, the offense stunk. 陣容已經確立了,縱使你也會看到 Burke和 Bruntlett 分攤先發的位置。去年五月老巴的傷勢讓太空人隊必須 重新調整隊形。 Garner不斷調整隊形的主要原因是因為 球季大部分時段,我們的打線太爛。 I'm anticipating a steadier offense this year, and young players such as Jason Lane will be more productive knowing that if he goes into a slump, he's not in danger of losing his starting job. 我預料今年的攻擊火力較穩,而且年輕球員像 Lane會更 清楚,如果他能痛擊對手,就不會失去先發位置。 = = = = = 恩恩,哪裡沒弄好的,我再改。 -- ~ "環保" 可以當自己吝嗇的最佳理由 ~ -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 218.172.214.170

04/08 10:43, , 1F
推 辛苦了
04/08 10:43, 1F

04/08 14:14, , 2F
有看有推
04/08 14:14, 2F
文章代碼(AID): #14DnnpIc (Astros)