Mailbag: Never too early to win games

看板Astros作者 (足壘球,真好玩!)時間18年前 (2006/03/28 16:38), 編輯推噓3(300)
留言3則, 3人參與, 最新討論串1/1
03/27/2006 7:49 PM ET Mailbag: Never too early to win games Beat writer Footer fields questions from Astros fans By Alyson Footer / MLB.com From︰http://kuso.cc/w*k I've noticed that the Astros' Spring Training record isn't the best. Pretty far from good if you ask me. Should I be worried or is this just because the Astros are still warming up to the season and are using some new players? -- Emily S., Alexandria, Va. 我注意到太空人隊熱身賽的戰績並不好,如果你問我, 我覺得差強人意。我應該擔憂嗎?還是說太空人隊目 前還在調整,而且正在試試一些球員呢? -- Emily S., Alexandria, Va. I wouldn't put too much stock into spring records, although it would be nice to see the Astros win a few more here and there. It's more important to look at how the games were lost. The Astros could lose by five runs, but a closer look at the box score shows that while the regular players were in the game, they were actually up by two. 對於熱身賽的表現,我不會看重,雖然太空人隊多 贏幾場,感覺會很好。不過看看球賽是怎麼輸的,比較 重要。太空人隊可能輸了五分,但是救援投手的投 球內容就像例行賽一樣威猛,所以實際上取決於這兩個要素。 By the seventh inning of a game early in Spring Training, you may not find one player on the field who will actually will be on the team when the regular season begins. Many non-roster guys and players headed for the Minor Leagues finish games. 熱身賽之初,在球賽七局之前,你很難真正在場上看 到一名今年已確立從哪個球隊出發的球員。很多名單 之外的球員,都會被送回小聯盟各隊。 That said, I am concerned about the quality of the starting pitching we've seen this spring. Aside from Roy Oswalt and Andy Pettitte, there are issues. Some of the losses have just been abysmal, mainly because of the starting pitching. That's not good, especially this late in the spring. 也就是說,我關心的是在熱身賽看到的先發 投手水準。除了幼齒王牌與小派之外,還有 一些問題存在著。一些遭到對手屠殺的比賽, 導因於先發投手不穩。這個現象不太好,特別是它 存在於春訓尾聲。 If Roger Clemens doesn't come back in May and pitch for the Astros and does retire, will he help the Astros as a coach? -- Brianna S., Weslaco, Texas 如果老克今年五月份不會回到太空人隊投球, 也真的退休了,那他未來會擔任太空人隊的 教練嗎? -- Brianna S., Weslaco, Texas Clemens has a 10-year personal services contract that will kick in as soon as he retires for good. It's my feeling that he will be a special assistant to the general manager and will work with young pitchers in the Minor League system. Nolan Ryan has a similar contract, and while he isn't a coach for a specific team, he spends a lot of time with Minor League players, especially at Double-A Corpus Christi and Triple-A Round Rock (he is part of the ownership groups of those two teams). He's also one of Tim Purpura's most trusted resources in terms of evaluating pitchers. 老克簽了一份 10年個人服務合約,他一退休的話 就會實行。我覺得他會去擔任總管的特助,而且教 導小聯盟農場系統的年輕投手。 Nolan Ryan也是簽 了份類似的合約,他不是某個隊的教練,但他會去 訓練小聯盟的選手,特別是 2A的 Corpus Christi 和 3A的 Round Rock。﹙他是這兩隊的老闆之一﹚ 他也是 Tim Purpura對於評估投手方面,最信賴的 來源所在。 Clemens loves working with young players and I would expect to see him floating around the Minor League system in some capacity. He's doing it already -- earlier this week he spent quite a bit of time with the Astros' propects in Minor League camp. Purpura called him a "volunteer batting-practice pitcher." Clemens喜歡教導年輕選手,我也期待見到他到小聯盟 農場系統去指導一番。他目前已經在做這些事了--本週 之前,他花了一些時間去指導小聯盟春訓營的年輕新秀。 Purpura叫他〝志願打擊練習投手〞。 Did Morgan Ensberg show up for Spring Training? I've seen and heard a lot about most everyone else, even players we're not likely to ever hear about again. Is there something going on? -- Jay A., Temple, Texas 寶哥有參加春訓嗎?我已經聽到、看到很多人的消息, 甚至是那些我們不可能再聽到他消息的球員。到底發生 了什麼事? -- Jay A., Temple, Texas Usually, when you don't hear much about a player during Spring Training, that's good news. It means he's healthy and going through the same old boring routine to get ready for the season. In Morgan's case, there's just not a lot to report. He'll play third base, he'll hit fourth and the Astros fully expect for him to turn in a repeat performance from 2005. 你在春訓期間聽不到某球員的消息,代表這是好現象。 也就是說他身體無恙,而且正在進行例行、無聊的季前 準備。以寶哥的狀況來說,只是沒有很多他的報導。 他會擔任三壘手,打四番,而且太空人隊也期待他能 再重複 2005年的表現。 Do you think if the Astros and Cardinals make it back to the National League Championship Series this year, we will finally get some national media attention/respect? I'm so tired of every year our series taking a backseat and the Astros' amazing comeback seasons being glanced over simply because we're not the Red Sox, Yankees, or Cubs. -- Joseph F., Milwaukee, Wis. 如果今年國聯冠軍系列賽,再度上演人雀大戰,你想這會 受到媒體的注意與關切嗎?真不爽每年我們的系列賽未受 到重視,而且只因為不是紅襪、洋基、小熊隊,所以太空 人隊季中的異軍突起,只被略過一番。 -- Joseph F., Milwaukee, Wis. We jokingly called the NLCS between the Astros and Cardinals in 2004 the NIT, because they were trumped, in terms of media attention, by the Yankees-Red Sox series. That's just the way it is. In some ways, it's too bad, because fans missed out on some terrific postseason baseball. 我們戲稱 2004年太空人與紅雀的國聯冠軍系列賽為 全國大賽﹙按︰我想說是不是 National Invitational Tournament的意思。﹚ 因為雙方可是精銳盡出,就像受媒體注意的基襪大戰轟動。 就是這樣子啊!不過從一些方面來說,這樣不好,因為球迷 們錯過了幾場精采的季後賽。 I wouldn't be too upset about the Astros' lack of attention from a national perspective. One of the reasons players like Houston is because the Astros are always a good team that no one pays attention to. It allows players to perform away from the intense glare of what can be exhausting media coverage. It's much more enjoyable for the player, and I would guess, in some cases, translates into better performances over a long six-month season. 太空人隊缺乏國內媒體關愛,我一點也不失望。其中一個 原因在於,球員們喜歡休士頓是因為太空人隊早就不是一 支受人關注的輝煌球隊。它讓球員們不用受到煩人的媒體 熱切追逐﹙按︰這句翻不好﹚。對球員來講,生活比較有 樂趣,而我認為,某些情形下,轉移目標到六個月以上的 精湛表現,會比較好。 Do you think Eric Munson has a good chance of making the team? I've looked at his numbers and it looks like he has had a productive spring. -- Chris L., Port Clinton, Ohio 你想今年 Eric Munson會有很好的機會在隊上出賽嗎? 我查了一下他的數據,看起來他春訓狀況不錯。 -- Chris L., Port Clinton, Ohio It looks like Phil Garner is giving serious consideration to Munson, who could make the club's Opening Day roster as the backup catcher. The Astros need offense. Munson is having a great spring. He's got a shot. 看來 Phil Garner認真考慮讓 Munson擔任球團開幕戰的 替補捕手。太空人隊需要有攻擊能力的選手。 Munson春訓 表現不賴。他有機會。 I was wondering what you thought of the Jeff Bagwell news conference? It seems as if he won't play again, so does this mean Chris Burke will start in left and Lance Berkman at first? It's sad to see one of the faces of the franchise go like this. -- Dan R. 我想知道你對 老巴開記者會的看法?現在好像他 不會再出賽了,所以這就代表 Chris Burke會擔任先 發左外野手,而肥仔去守一壘嗎?看到這樣的安排, 很難過。 -- Dan R. I thought Bagwell handled himself beautifully when he made his announcement on Saturday. I believe he has a small glimmer of hope he'll play again -- that is, if the bone spurs in his shoulder are removeable. That remains to be seen. There is a chance that the procedure could cause nerve damage, in which case, no surgeon would agree to perform such a risky operation. 老巴星期六對外發表聲明,我覺得他把自己身心調 適的很好。我相信他心中存著一絲能再上場的希望-也就是 他肩膀長的骨刺能夠完全移除的話。再來能夠理解的是, 接下來的手術過程,有可能會導致神經受損的問題, 這樣的狀況下,沒有任何外科醫生願意進行如此危險的手術。 Bagwell's absence from the team this year does not affect Burke's playing time. Berkman moves to first base, and the starting outfield will consist of Preston Wilson in left, Willy Taveras in center and Jason Lane in right. Burke will be a bench player who will receive playing time at several positions, including second, left, and possibly center and shortstop. That was always the case; Bagwell's status didn't change it one way or the other. 老巴今年的缺席不會影響 Burke的上場空間。肥仔是 移往一壘,三名先發外野手分別是左外野 Wilson、中 外野小塔、右外野 Lane。至於 Burke是很多位置的替 補球員,包括二壘、左外野,而中外野與游擊也有可 能。這就是實際狀況, 老巴的狀況不會改變一些安 排。 = = = = = = = 哪裡沒翻好,跟我說,謝了。 -- ~ "環保" 可以當自己吝嗇的最佳理由 ~ -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 218.172.214.9

03/28 17:09, , 1F
可不可以不要用那麼暗的顏色,看起來很不舒服
03/28 17:09, 1F

03/28 17:47, , 2F
人雀大戰 XD
03/28 17:47, 2F

03/29 00:22, , 3F
有看有推
03/29 00:22, 3F
文章代碼(AID): #14AFNuZg (Astros)