Mailbag: Is Qualls' future in rotation?

看板Astros作者 (世界是平的)時間18年前 (2006/02/21 20:35), 編輯推噓4(402)
留言6則, 3人參與, 最新討論串1/1
Mailbag: Is Qualls' future in rotation? Beat reporter Alyson Footer answers fans' questions By Alyson Footer / MLB.com From︰http://kuso.cc/p3p ============================ Did I miss something here? Did Roy Oswalt or Morgan Ensberg pull out of the World Baseball Classic? That's the only reason that would explain why they weren't selected. I know I'm a little biased, being an Astros fan, but just look at the numbers. Prior to 2005, Dontrelle Willis hadn't won more than 15 games in a season, and Jake Peavy -- although overflowing with potential -- has yet to win more than 15. 我有漏掉什麼消息嗎? 是幼齒王和寶哥自己放棄參加 WBC 的嗎?唯有這個理由才能解釋他倆沒被選進國家隊。 身為太空人隊的球迷,我知道我有一點點私心在。但是 我們來瞧瞧一些數字。2005年之前,D-Train單季還未 有超過15勝的表現﹔雖然 Peavy相當有潛力,但也沒超 過15勝啊。 Oswalt has won 20 in back-to-back seasons, and he's third in winning percentage over the last five years. Chipper Jones may be a great offensive third baseman, but have you seen his numbers the past two years? I know that there's a little bit of nostalgia attached to these games, but let's at least field the best team possible. I'm at least glad to see that someone had the sense to include Dan Wheeler -- he's been tremendous the last two years. -- Tony Q., Great Lakes, Ill. 幼齒王連兩季20勝,過去五年的勝率排名第三。Chipper Jones 是個打擊能力很棒的三壘手,但你是不是只看到他過去兩季的 成績而已呢?我認為還是要參酌一些球員過去的表現。儘可能去組 一隻最棒的球隊嘛。不過至少我很高興他們還知道要選 Wheeler 他兩年投的很棒呢。 -- Tony Q., Great Lakes, Ill Oswalt declined the invitation to be considered for selection. He's thrown 478 2/3 innings -- not including the postseason -- over the last two years. He felt it was best to not pitch in the WBC and just do what he normally does to get ready for the season. 幼齒王當初就婉拒國家隊的邀請。他過去兩季總共投了478 又 2/3 局,這還不包括季後賽的局數喔。他覺得不參加 WBC,依照往年季 前的準備,對自己來說才是最好的。 I wouldn't take Ensberg's omission from the team as an insult. I doubt he's too upset about it. The U.S. team is stocked with All Star-caliber players at every position, and not everyone could make the final cut. I believe that Ensberg will be considered as a replacement, should someone on the roster get hurt. 也不會太失望。美國隊集結了各位置實力堅強的明星球員,而且並 非現在就是最終名單了。如果名單上的球員有人受傷,可能會考慮 讓寶哥替補上去。 Toward the end of last season, I seem to remember Chad Qualls pitching a couple of multiple-inning games. And if I recall, he went three against Atlanta in the 18-inning game in the playoffs. Any thoughts about the Astros possibly grooming him for a shot at a starting role? -- Barry T., Humble, Texas 我記得去年球季接近尾聲時,Qualls有幾場出賽都投了複數局。想 起季後賽那場跟勇士隊打了18局的比賽,他投了三局無失分。 ﹙按﹕剛才查了一下 Box,Qualls是投2局而已﹚ 太空人隊有沒有可能讓他先發看看? -- Barry T., Humble, Texas The Astros do not have any plans to convert Qualls into a starter. He was a starter in the Minor Leagues until his last few weeks with the Triple-A club in 2004, just before he was called up to the Astros. Qualls was moved out of the rotation when the Astros obtained starter Jeremy Griffths from the Mets in the Richard Hidalgo trade. 太空人隊並不打算讓 Qualls轉先發。 Qualls小聯盟時期是先發投手 一直到04年他在3A的最後幾週才改變的,也就是在他被 called up到 太空人隊之前。Qualls變中繼是因為當時與大都會交易 Hidalgo,換 來了先發投手Jeremy Griffths。 While Qualls probably won't be a starter, I can see him as a future top setup man or closer. This year, he'll likely remain as the seventh-inning guy, behind Wheeler and closer Brad Lidge. Qualls不可能當先發投手,我可以預見他未來會是個頂尖的setup man 或 CL。今年他還是會在 Wheeler與 Lidge上班前先在第七局上工。 What is the status of Luke Scott? I have yet to hear his name mentioned as a possible starter or bench player, but he appears to be on the 40-man roster. I know that he had a rough start last season, but he showed later on that hit Major League pitching. After all, another inch to the right, and he would have gone down in the history books. -- Matt G., Mandeville, La. Luke Scott今年的定位在哪?我目前尚未聽到他今年會擔任先發或者 板凳球員的消息,不過他目前是在四十人名單當中。他去年球季開始 時表現很糟糕,但是在稍後他也證明自己能面對大聯盟層級的投手。 畢竟,球的落點再往右幾英吋,今天他就留名青史了。 -- Matt G., Mandeville, La. Lots of players on the 40-man won't make the 25-man roster when camp breaks. Scott will have a chance to make the team this spring, but given the logjam in the outfield, it's more likely that he'll start at Triple-A. I would expect him to reappear at some point during the season. 春訓結束後,有很多40人名單的球員無法進入25人名單內。Scott春 訓的時候會有機會,但事實上我們的外野很壅擠,他今年從3A出發 比較有可能。我也期待他今年球季中能再次展現實力。 Scott has shown that he can hit big-league pitching at times, but he has to do it on a more consistent level. He needs playing time to do so, obviously, which is the plight of a young player. He'll have his chance eventually. Scott 能夠面對大聯盟等級的投手,但是他必須讓自己在這個等級中 表現更穩定一些。他需要更多上場的時間,但很對一個年輕球員來說 顯然很困難。他最終還是會有機會的。 While I know that the outfield is crowded, do you think Slammin' Sammy Sosa would be a great addition to the team? I believe he could hit at least 30 homers with the short porch in left. -- Kelly P., Houston 我知道目前我們的外野相當壅擠,而你覺不覺得 Slammin' Sammy對球隊來說是相當大的助益?我 相信他至少能打出30支左外野方向的全壘打。 -- Kelly P., Houston If Sosa could hit 30 homers anywhere, he would have received a guaranteed contract offer from one of the 30 teams who would have been willing to take a chance on him. He had a terrible year last year, and he's been on the decline for quite a while. Plus, there's nothing worse than a washed up player bringing his well-documented prima donna attitude into a harmonious clubhouse. The Astros don't need the lack of production or the aggravation. Their current outfield options are all better than Sosa. 如果 Sosa隨便都能打出30支全壘打,他一定會收 到對他望眼欲穿的球隊所提供的一份合約。他去年 打的很糟糕,而且他現在的身價也下跌了。再說, 沒有一件事比一位高姿態的過氣球員帶著一紙合約 到一隻氣氛和諧球隊打球還來的糟了。太空人隊不缺 打者的貢獻或不合。目前的外野手都比 Sosa好。 With all the reports of Mike Gallo, Wheeler and Lidge pitching in the WBC, is there any cause for concern that they may overwork themselves before the season starts? I know that Lidge and Wheeler are awesome pitchers, but I'm concerned that having to pitch in competition as opposed to Spring Training is not what the Astros need right now. And think of this -- what happens if Wheeler and Lidge get hurt? The club won't have anybody who can replace them at this point. -- James B., Houston 從報導上得知 Mike Gallo, Wheeler 和 Lidge會參加 WBC 這樣子會不會導致他們在季前過度使用手臂了呢?我知 Lidge和 Wheeler是強投,但是我很擔心參加比賽 影響春訓的調整,並不使太空人隊球員眼前需要做的事。 而且你想一下, Wheeler和 Lidge如果受傷了,該怎麼辦? 球團找不到人遞補他們位置的。 All teams are holding their breath, praying nothing happens to their players during the WBC. Odds are that someone will be injured at some point during the tournament; it's hard to imagine with the high volume of players and the number of games scheduled that no one will get hurt. 在 WBC比賽期間,所有球隊都會屏息,祈禱他們的球員別 發生什麼壞事。盃賽期間球員受傷是有可能的;很難去想像 這麼多球員參加這麼多表定的比賽居然沒人受傷。 So, we'll have to cross our fingers. Pitchers are going to be on strict pitch counts, and since the Team USA bullpen is stocked with the best setup men and closers in the league, it's unlikely that anyone will throw more than one inning. For these guys, their playing time during the WBC will be the same as the work they'd be doing during the Grapefruit League season if they were with their teams. 所以,我們必須交叉雙手祈禱。這次盃賽,投手用球數會 有嚴格限制,而且美國隊的後援投手是由聯盟強力的 setup men 和 CL所組成的,不可能會讓後援投手上場投超過一局。對 球員們來說,在 WBC出賽感覺就像在葡萄柚聯盟出賽一般, 即使沒在母隊打球。 Part of the concern of many teams is thier pitchers pushing too hard during a month in which they should be easing their way back. But the relief pitchers I've talked to have said that they never throw at less than 100 percent, even during exhibition games. If you're a starter, I suppose you can scale back a bit as you're building your arm strength, but for relievers, they're used to all or nothing. So I can't see Gallo, Wheeler and Lidge doing anything differently on the mound during the WBC than they would do during, say, a spring game in Lakeland with the Tigers. 很多球隊會被影響到的部分,是先發投手在這一個月內會給 自己的手肘太多壓力,他們必須讓自己舒緩。但是我提到的 後援投手可以說他們在投球時會用盡全力,甚至是表演賽也 一樣。假如你是一名先發投手,當你的手臂逐漸加溫,你必 須好好分配體力,但對後援投手來說,他們已習於用盡全力。 所以 Gallo, Wheeler和 Lidge在 WBC出賽時不會和平常有任 何不同。喂!我們有一場熱身賽是到鹽湖城和老虎隊打。 I see that, concerning the starting rotation as of right now, you said that Ezequiel Astacio would be the No. 4 man. I know that it's as of right now, but that concerns me. I don't mean to be overly critical of Astacio, but I never saw him pitch a game last year in which his stuff was good. I just do not see how the club could consider him as a starter. I see that last year was his first year, so maybe I am being too harsh. Is there something in is stuff or control that leads the club to think that he will have a better year? -- John B., Templeton, Mass. 我現在看到那篇關於先發投手輪值的文章,你說 Astacio是 第四號先發。我了解這是在說"現在",可是我仍不免擔心。我不是 要過度批評 Astacio,但我去年從未看過他投出一場內容不 錯的球賽。我不能理解球團為何會讓他登板先發。我知道去年 是他在大聯盟的第一個球季,所以也許我太苛刻了。他是不是 有什麼球路或壓制能力而讓球團對他有好的期許啊? -- John B., Templeton, Mass. Manager Phil Garner and pitching coach Jim Hickey agree that Astacio was one pitch away from being good every time out last year. Astacio is vulnerable to the home run, most of which came on fastballs that were up in the zone last year. If he is able to command his fastball a little better, Astacio's coaches feel that he could cut his ERA in half 總教練 Garner和投手教練 Hickey一致認為今年 Astacio每次都是 因為一球投差了,所以不能有好表現。 Astacio很容易被轟全壘打, 去年大多數的情況都是因為快速球偏高。如果他快速球可以控好一點 Astacio 的教練覺得他的自責分率能少一半。 That's what Astacio will be working on this spring. He looks like he's put on a little bit of weight, too, which is a good sign. 那就是 Astacio春訓期間需要努力的。他最近看起來長了一些肉, 這是好現象。 If every player was given the boot after struggling through his rookie season, there wouldn't be enough players to fill the rosters for all 30 big-league teams. Give him a chance. 如果每個球員在糟糕的新人球季過後,表現都突飛猛進的話,那30 隻大聯盟的球隊就不需要足夠的兵源補足了。給他機會吧。 Side note: I have Astacio listed as No. 4 and Wandy Rodriguez as No. 5, but the two are interchangeable. That positioning is not set in stone, and this spring, both spots are up for grabs. 側記︰我個人把 Astacio列為第四號先發投手,Rodriguez列為第 五號,但是這兩個定位是可以互換的。並非設定好就不變了, 而且這兩個位置是打算在今年春訓時,讓投手競爭的。 ======================= 恩 翻不好 或 翻錯了 跟我說 ~ 謝了 -- 說實話 別人會傷心 說謊話 對不起自己 說笑話 大家都高興 -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 220.143.20.48

02/21 23:34, , 1F
Mike Gallo 參加義大利隊吧?
02/21 23:34, 1F
※ 編輯: mysunny 來自: 220.143.20.48 (02/21 23:39)

02/21 23:45, , 2F
恩恩 義大利 (第138篇)
02/21 23:45, 2F

02/21 23:52, , 3F
剛剛看錯 是1550篇
02/21 23:52, 3F
※ 編輯: mysunny 來自: 220.143.20.48 (02/21 23:54)

02/22 13:37, , 4F
我有問題 為什麼Oswalt會被叫做右齒王啊?
02/22 13:37, 4F

02/22 16:26, , 5F
我的天啊 其實是我一直誤把"幼齒王牌" 記成"幼齒王".....
02/22 16:26, 5F

02/22 16:27, , 6F
個人不謹慎 不好意思~~~~~~~~><
02/22 16:27, 6F
文章代碼(AID): #13-maRti (Astros)