Mailbag: Lefty leanings for Bagwell?

看板Astros作者 (世界是平的)時間18年前 (2006/02/14 21:54), 編輯推噓1(100)
留言1則, 1人參與, 最新討論串1/1
02/13/2006 2:25 PM ET Mailbag: Lefty leanings for Bagwell? Astros beat writer Alyson Footer answers fans' questions From:http://kuso.cc/n$7 ====================== This may be a stupid question, but how ridiculous would it be for a person to switch throwing arms? Guys switch-hit, why not switch-throw? I think it's obvious why I'm asking this, and has Jeff Bagwell ever considered this notion? I mean, it's been two years now since he's been able to throw well at all. You would think in this time he could have learned to throw left-handed across the diamond, thus saving his career with the Astros. -- Barry K., Chicago Barry K., Chicago---這是個笨問題,一個球員轉換他傳球的手臂會不會荒謬了些? 有左右開攻的打者,為什麼沒有左右開傳?﹙按﹕對不起,關於 這個詞,我想不出任何傳神的語句。﹚很顯然你知道我為什麼會 這樣問吧,老巴有沒有過這樣的想法?我的意思是,他臂力完好 如初是兩年之前的事情了。現在他可以改練用左手傳球守內野, 如此也能拯救他在太空人隊的職棒生命。 I've been surprised with how many e-mails I've received over the last two years suggesting Bagwell try to throw left-handed. I never thought of it as a legitimate possibility, but apparently there are several who have. If management ever considered asking Bagwell to throw left-handed, I doubt the talks went anywhere. 過去兩年來我一直很驚訝我收到無數 e-mails建議 Bagwell嘗試去練習左手傳球。從 合理的可能性來判斷,我一直不認為有可行性,可是很多人卻這麼想。假使球隊的教練 曾想要 Bagwell改用左手傳球的話,我認為這個看法就不會有人提出來。 I know we're all aware that Billy Wagner is a natural righty who learned to throw left-handed when he kept breaking his right arm. But Wagner was around eight years old when he took up throwing left-handed. Bagwell is 37 and could not possibly retrain himself to be a lefty at this stage of his life. That would require months and months, or years and years, of training to create new muscle memory, and I doubt it would work. You're either right-handed or left-handed. Cases like Wagner's are most unusual. There is no way Bagwell could just switch over. 我們都知道 Billy Wagner日常生活慣用右手,他是考慮到右臂不斷受到傷害,因而練習 左投。但 Wagner開始練左投時不過才 8歲大。 Bagwell已經 37歲了,不可能再花上數月 或數年的時間重新訓練新的肌肉記憶。人本身不是慣用左手,就是慣用右手。像 Wagner 的狀況是特例。 Bagwell改練另一手傳球是不可能的。 If Bagwell were to retire, do his numbers, as they stand right now, get him a ticket to Cooperstown? -- Brent L., Texas Brent L., Texas---如果 Bagwell準備退休了,以他的表現,有沒有機會給他一張到 古柏鎮的門票? I believe he's a no-doubt Hall of Famer. He was the league's best all-around first baseman in the 1990s and many voters base their judgment on whether a player was dominant at his position for a full decade. Taking into consideration every facet of the game, I believe there was no better first baseman than Bagwell. Yes, Mark McGwire was better offensively, but he wasn't anything spectacular defensively, nor was he much of a threat on the base paths. 無庸置疑,他是準名人堂球員。他是90年代聯盟全能的一壘手,投票者基本上會根據一個 球員在一段時期內,他在該位置的主宰能力來投票。會從球賽各方面的表現來考慮。我相 信沒有其他的一壘手的表現贏過 Bagwell。沒有錯,你會說 McGwire打擊能力比 Bagwell 出色,但是他守備可不怎樣,在壘包間也沒什麼速度的威脅性。 Bagwell hit for power, hit for average, was tremendous defensively and he was fast, even though he says he wasn't. He was also the smartest baserunner I've ever watched play this game. I've never seen such extraordinary instincts. He wasn't the fastest guy on the team but somehow he managed to be a two-time 30-30 man. Bagwell打擊有爆發力、打擊率,守備滴水不漏又有腳程,雖然他個人不這樣認為。他也是 我看過最聰明的跑壘員。我也沒看過像他一樣天才的球員了。他不是隊中速度最快的球員。 但是他兩次締造了30全壘打、30盜壘的紀錄。 I asked some of my colleagues who are voting members of the Baseball Writers Association and they said Bagwell is a sure Hall of Famer. I'm not sure he'll make it on the first ballot, but he'll get there. 我問了一些有資格投票的美國棒球作家協會的朋友,他們說 Bagwell當然能進入名人堂了。 我不確定他第一次票選就能否成功,但是他最終一定會進入名人堂的。 his is in response to the question/complaint from two weeks ago about broadcasters answering trivia questions. In case you are relaying this on to them, I thought I would say that a) they certainly attempt to answer them on Brewers TV and any baseball game I ever watch, and b) I personally don't find this to be a bad thing as they are generally too difficult for casual viewers and finally c) there is no reason to assume the broadcasters are correct. -- Dan H., Madison, Wis. Dan H., Madison, Wis.---以下是我對於兩週前那篇關於主播回答雜七雜八問題的疑問 與抱怨。如果你對人傳遞訊息時,我想我會說 a)從釀酒人TV與我看過的任何球賽,人家也是盡力回答球迷問題 b)我個人不認為這是壞事,對觀眾來說大致上也不難理解。 c)根本沒理由認為主播說的話都是對的。 I've always liked it when Brownie and J.D. try to answer trivia questions, because it's more fun when they're wrong than when they're right. I enjoy the back and forth as they mull over their guesses. After reading the fan rant in that mailbag, Brownie e-mailed me and said they'd be happy to hold their answers if the fans can talk their bosses at FOX into it. 我一直很喜歡 Brownie 和 J.D.試著回答球迷那些疑難雜症問題的時候,因為他們說錯 的時候會比回答正確還要來的有趣。我喜歡他們來來回回對於自己的猜測不斷思考的樣 子。在看了球迷在 mailbag的責罵後, Brownie寄了信給我,並且告訴我如果球迷願意 去建議他們福斯運動網的老闆,那他們會很樂意保留答案。 I put Mitch Einertson on my "watch list" after he turned in a strong first year in Class A during 2004. I was following up to see how he had done during '05 and looks like he definitely struggled. Is there any word on why this happened? I know he's young and its possible 2004 was an aberration but just thought I'd check to see if he had any health issues or made mechanical changes that didn't work out. -- Ken R., Richmond, Va. Ken R., Richmond, Va.---看到 Mitch Einertson職棒第一年在1A的超強表現後,我將他 放入我的〝觀察名單〞中。接著我持續注意他05年的表現, 沒想到差強人意。能不能說說看為什麼會這樣?我知道他目前 還很年輕,也說不定他04年的表現只是反常。不過我還是想確 實了解,到底是健康問題影響了,還是動作被修正的緣故? Einertson hit just .234 in '05 after producing an impressive .308 average in his first pro season, but the club has enormous confidence in him. The theory is that Einertson may have been putting too much pressure on himself to duplicate what he did in '04, which may have hurt him last year. He's going to Spring Training early to get a head start and hopefully get back on track. 職棒生涯第一年,打出驚艷的 .308打擊率後, Einertson在05年只有 .234的打擊率, 但是球團對他相當有信心。表現有如此落差是因為他給自己壓力太大,想要有04年一樣 的好表現,確反而影響他去年的表現。今年他會提早進行春訓以期有好開始,希望 他能回復當時身手。 Sometime during this past summer an article ran in the Houston Chronicle about former prospect Derek Grigsby. Since then, however, I have yet to hear anything on him. Is he still on the Astros radar or does he have any plans to come back at all? -- Duke B., League City Duke B., League City---去年夏天休士頓紀事報有時會報導前新秀Derek Grigsby。 從那之後,我再也沒看到他的相關消息了。他現在還在太 空人雷達內嗎?他有沒有任何恢復計畫呢? Grigsby is on the suspended list and he's reportedly still going through his personal issues that forced him out of the game in the first place. The Astros aren't optimistic about him returning to the organization, but technically, he's still with the club. Grigsby目前在禁賽名單當中,根據報導,他因 個人問題影響他出賽。太空人隊對他回到組織未抱持樂觀態度,但嚴格來說,他還是屬 於球團的。 I saw where Matt Albers is now on the 40-man roster. Where will Albers be playing during the upcoming season and how soon could we see him pitching in Houston? -- Jeff S., Houston Jeff S., Houston---我看到 Matt Albers目前在40人名單中。新的球季他會從哪個 層級開始打起?我們何時才能看到他升上大聯盟? Albers will likely start the year at Double-A Corpus Christi, so he's probably a couple of years from helping the Major League team. Albers有可能從2A的 Corpus Christi隊開始,所以升上大聯盟大概要再等幾年。 Are the Astros currently searching for a starting pitcher for the middle of the rotation? Personally, I don't think that the Roy Oswalt-Andy Pettitte-Brandon Backe combo will vault the team over the Cardinals. Besides his amazing playoff performances, Backe has been mediocre at best in the regular season. On a better note, I am pleased with the Preston Wilson signing (even though I would like to see some of the young guys play); it shows that the Astros are finally taking some of the risks you have to take to have a successful team. -- Jason S., Texas City Jason S., Texas City---太空人隊最近會再找個主力先發投手嗎?我個人覺得只靠 Oswalt-Pettitte-Backe這三人是無法在分區贏過紅雀隊 的。除了季後賽驚人的表現外, Backe在例行賽充其量 表現平平。在此特別一提,對於球團簽下 Preston Wilson 我很高興,﹙雖然我想看到年輕球員上場﹚這表示太空人隊 為了要成功,而去徹底解決一些問題。 If the season started tomorrow, the rotation would be Oswalt, Pettitte, Backe, Ezequiel Astacio and Wandy Rodriguez. Do I believe that's what the club has in mind for April 3? Not really. I don't know what's going to happen between now and Opening Day, but I do know there will be some fierce competition for the fourth and fifth starter jobs. Carlos Hernandez, the oft-injured but still young left-hander, will get a shot this spring. But I'm keeping my eye on the big three prospects -- Jason Hirsh, Taylor Buchholz and Fernando Nieve. 如果球季明天開始,先發投手輪值為 Oswalt, Pettitte, Backe, Astacio和Rodriguez。 那我會相信這是新球季開始球團對投手方面的決定嗎?不全然是這樣的。我不知道從 現在到球季開幕會發生什麼事,但我知道爭取第四號、第五號先發工作的球員競爭 激烈。常受傷的年輕左投 Carlos Hernandez在春訓時也會有機會角逐。不過我會去 密切注意我們的三大新秀---Jason Hirsh, Taylor Buchholz ,Fernando Nieve. The club is being conservative with its projections for those three, and that's probably a good idea. No need to freak out the kids right before their most important Spring Training to date. But I'm guessing at least one of them will make the team when camp breaks at the end of March. This could be the year of Buchholz, who appears ready to show the Astros they made the right decision in acquiring him for Billy Wagner in 2003. 對於這三名投手的養成,球團態度比較保守,但這樣有可能是好的。在這些小夥子最重 要的春訓到來時,不需擔心他們健康不佳的問題。但我在猜他們至少會有一個人在三月 底春訓結束的時候,成為25人名單一員。今年有可能是 Buchholz的重要一年,他也準備 將太空人隊在03年以 Wagner交換他的明智決定成果表現出來。 I'm also sticking to my prediction that Roger Clemens will sign with the Astros in May and make his first start in June. I envision a rotation in the second half looking something like Oswalt, Pettitte, Clemens, Backe and Buchholz or Hirsh. 我還是堅持老克五月份會回到太空人隊,在六月份開始今年的第一場先發。我想像 球季第二部分投手輪值依序為 Oswalt, Pettitte, Clemens, Backe , Buchholz或 Hirsh 的情景。 =========== 翻很爛、翻錯了 跟我說 謝謝 -- ~ "環保" 可以當自己吝嗇的最佳理由 ~ -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 218.172.213.100

02/14 22:48, , 1F
suspended list:禁賽名單
02/14 22:48, 1F
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~謝謝^^ ※ 編輯: mysunny 來自: 218.172.213.100 (02/14 22:55)
文章代碼(AID): #13yU4Q92 (Astros)