Mailbag: Is Pettitte waiting on Clemens?

看板Astros作者 (世界是平的)時間18年前 (2006/02/07 19:24), 編輯推噓7(700)
留言7則, 7人參與, 最新討論串1/1
02/06/2006 10:00 AM ET Mailbag: Is Pettitte waiting on Clemens? Beat reporter Alyson Footer answers fans' questions By Alyson Footer / MLB.com From:http://kuso.cc/m$V ================================ Do you think that Andy Pettitte doesn't want a contract extension yet because he's waiting to see what Roger Clemens does? Might he want to pitch for another team after this season? -- Katie P., Mt. Kisco, NY Katie P., Mt. Kisco, NY---上週 Andy Pettitte表示今年球季後不想續約,是不是因 為他要先等看看老克的決定再考慮?還是說他明年想到別 隊發展? I doubt Roger's status will have anything to do with Andy's decisions about his future. I believe if Andy signs another contract, it'll be with Houston. But you never know what will happen when a premier pitcher hits the free agent market. 老克本身的情況如何,不會影響到 Andy的未來決定。倘若 Andy再簽約,也會是和休士 頓太空人隊簽。不過當一個頂尖投手進到自由球員市場時,你無法曉得到底會發生什麼 事。 I believe Andy when he says he wants to see how he does this year before he makes any decisions. He may decide that he's had enough, or he may decide he's got two or three more years left in him. If he has a good season this year, I think he'll want to continue pitching, and I believe he'll do so in Houston. 我想 Andy做決定之前,一定會從今年的表現來考慮。以自己對球隊的貢獻有否足夠 來決定,或者對自己而言,這幾年的收獲來決定。如果今年他投得很棒,我相信他會繼續留在休 士頓。 I'd first like to comment on the fan's comment [in last week's mailbag] on how [Brad] Lidge blew important saves for us last year. Oh boo hoo, I think I hear a whiner who just wants to find a reason to complain. I'd also like to say every closer goes through this, where at times they look bad but other times they're great. The key is how well they handle the adversity. Think of '04 -- wasn't he one of the reasons the Astros made it to the NLCS that year? And here's my question -- how much probability is there that Taylor Buchholz wins a job out of Spring Training? I like his ability. -- James B., Houston James B., Houston---我要談一下上週 mailbag那位批評 Lidge總在去年重要時刻 救援失敗的球迷。噢…嗚嗚…我想我聽到一個只想找理由 牽拖的無聊傢伙在靠夭。我想要再說的是,每個終結者一定 會經歷個人狀況的高低潮,有時候他們看起來手感不順,有時 候,他們展現絕佳的壓制能力。他們面對逆境的態度為成功關 鍵。在這邊我想起2004年球季, Lidge的表現不就是太空人隊 挺進 NLCS的原因之一嗎?!接下來是我要問的問題--- Taylor Buchholz因春訓表現升上大聯盟的機率有多大?我喜歡 他的投球。 I thought the Lidge comment was ridiculous, too, which is why I ran it in last week's mailbag. I figured others would also think it was a silly statement. Judging from the e-mails I received, it appears I was right. 我也覺得那個對 Lidge的批評很荒謬,這也是為什麼我刊登那篇在上週 mailbag的 原因。我想其他人也會覺得這個概念很愚蠢。從我最近收到的 mails來看,我似乎是 對的。 Obviously, the Astros never would have been in a Wild Card race without Lidge. Good closers are absolutely essential to good teams. Just look at the Mets last year -- Braden Looper blew eight saves, and the Mets ended up six games out in the Wild Card race. 沒有 Lidge,太空人隊很顯然不能競爭國聯外卡。對一個陣容好的球隊來說, 擁有強力的終結者絕對必要。以去年的大都會隊來看 -- Braden Looper 8次救援失敗 而最後大都會隊在國聯外卡競爭中,差了六場比賽。 Buchholz will have a chance to win a Major League spot during Spring Training, but it's more likely that he'll start the year at Triple-A and then receive consideration for a mid-season callup. He appears to be past his injury issues, and he had a fantastic Arizona Fall League season. But the Astros aren't going to push him too soon. Buchholz會因春訓期間表現而有機會上大聯盟,但今年他有可能從3A球隊出發,然後 球季中再將他 callup。他也克服受傷的問題,今年在 AFL表現出色。但是太空人隊 還不想這麼快將他推上去。 What is the status of Carlos Hernandez? I really didn't like Zeke Astacio last year because he seemed too wild at all times, and he doesn't seem to have the breaking stuff to make it in the Majors. But Hernandez was amazing before he forgot that you're not supposed to slide head first! -- Paul W., Crosby, Texas Paul W., Crosby, Texas---今年 Carlos Hernandez的定位在哪?我真的不喜歡 Astacio去年的表現,因為他一直投的很爛。也沒有 在大聯盟等級能解決打者的必殺球路。但是 在Hernandez 忘記不可以用頭滑向一壘壘包之前,他的表現是讓人驚奇的。 Hernandez was indeed on the fast track to superstardom when he hurt his shoulder. He will have a chance to compete for a job in the starting rotation this spring, but it would be foolish to expect too much at this point. He did well in winter ball, and it appears he has regained some of his velocity. But it's been three years since he began his comeback quest, and I still have yet to see anything that tells me he can make it on this level. I hope I'm wrong, because he's a hard worker and has shown a determination during a time when a lot of pitchers would have thrown in the towel. I'm glad the club is giving him a shot. Hernandez被視為超級新星時,他的肩膀受傷了。 今年春訓他有機會競爭先發投手的工作,不過若你報太大期待,可就太愚蠢了。 他在冬季聯盟投的很讚,也恢復了以往的球速。但是從他開始復原,也已過了三 年,而我仍沒看到他能夠在這個等級成功的跡象。希望我判斷錯誤,因為他一直很 努力練球,在很多投手放棄甩毛巾的時後,他展現了堅定的決心。我很樂見球團給 他機會試試。 Let's give Astacio and Wandy Rodriguez a little more time before we judge them. They were under incredible pressure last year to perform in the middle of a heated Wild Card race. I know they stumbled at times, but they had some great starts, too. They deserve more time to show what they can do. 在評定 Astacio和 Wandy之前,我們要先多給他們一些時間。去年國聯外卡爭奪進入 白熱化之時,他們在難以置信的壓力下上場投球。我知道他們有時候投得踉踉蹌蹌, 但是他們也幾次有把先發的任務做好。他們需要多一些時間以表現他們也能做到的事。 Assuming [Jeff] Bagwell comes back, what will the outfield look like? -- Zach M., Deer Park, Texas Zach M., Deer Park, Texas---假設 Bagwell本季能回到場上,那我們的外野由誰先發 擔任? Good question. Wish I knew. My guess is on Opening Day, Lance Berkman's in left, Jason Lane's in right and Preston Wilson's in center. Yes, that leaves Willy Taveras without a starting spot, which could be the first time that a Rookie of the Year runner-up doesn't make the team the following year. 這個問題問的很好。但願一切就像我所了解的一樣。我猜測開幕日時,肥仔守左外野 Lane守右外野,Wilson鎮守中外野。沒有錯,這樣就會讓小塔失去先發的工作。也可 能是首度新人王票選第二名得主,無法在下一年擔任先發。 Nothing has been decided, and right now it's all speculation. If Bagwell is on this team come Opening Day, Phil Garner will play him, as well he should. Of the outfielders, only Berkman and Wilson are guaranteed spots. There are only so many spots on a roster, and someone may leave Kissimmee disappointed. 目前部份球員的定位,還沒有決定,目前所說的一切只是推測。如果開幕日之時, Bagwell還在隊上的話,Phil Garner會讓他上場去表現。25人的隊上就僅有這樣多 的位置,在春訓基地 Kissimmee會有一些失意人。 Will any of the Grapefruit League games be on FSN Houston? -- Virgil Two spring games will be televised -- Wednesday, March 22 vs. Cleveland at 6 p.m. CT, and Tuesday, March 28 vs. Atlanta at noon CT. That game will re-air at 7 p.m. CT that night. -->這個問熱身賽的電視轉撥時間 我就沒翻了 ===== 如果我翻不好 或翻錯了 跟我說 謝謝了 -- ~ "環保" 可以當自己吝嗇的最佳理由 ~ -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 218.172.217.79 ※ 編輯: mysunny 來自: 218.172.217.79 (02/07 22:52)

02/07 22:58, , 1F
翻得好!
02/07 22:58, 1F

02/08 00:33, , 2F
恩恩 不錯的文章 謝謝分享^^
02/08 00:33, 2F

02/08 00:34, , 3F
大拇指朝上 推一個!
02/08 00:34, 3F

02/08 01:15, , 4F
謝謝大大辛苦的翻譯
02/08 01:15, 4F