Mailbag: What is the plan for Clemens?

看板Astros作者 (要學著觀察生活環境)時間18年前 (2005/12/13 17:25), 編輯推噓6(600)
留言6則, 5人參與, 最新討論串1/1
12/12/2005 3:00 PM ET Mailbag: What is the plan for Clemens? Beat reporter Alyson Footer answers fans' questions By Alyson Footer / MLB.com From:http://kuso.cc/gfT What are the chances of the Astros letting Roger Clemens stay out until the All-Star break and picking him up if we make a playoff run? -- Cindy R., Brazoria, Texas Cindy R., Brazoria, Texas---如果我們有機會打進季後賽,那等到明星賽後 太空人再簽下老克的機會有多大? My guess would be he would make a June return rather than the All-Star break. I believe it's a very real possibility that the Astros could sign Clemens after May 1, and I believe the two sides will explore that avenue in the future. 我想六月份回來隊上會比明星賽後還要好。我相信5/1後太空人隊簽下老克的機 率非常大,而我相信未來雙方都會尋求最好的途徑。 It makes perfect sense. Last year, Clemens was terrific for five months. Month to month, he posted ERAs of 1.03, 1.54, 1.97, 1.32 and 1.70 through August. His ERA was 4.33 in September and 5.63 in October. 非常的有意義---因為上個球季,老克前五個月的成績驚人。我們逐月來看,到八月份 他的自責分率依序為1.03, 1.54, 1.97, 1.32, 1.70。不過他的自責分率到了 九月與十月卻分別為 4.33 與 5.63。 So if he started pitching in June, he'd have four months of the regular season and one month of the postseason, should the Astros get that far. Considering how insane this city was after he signed for the first time in 2004, I can just imagine the buzz this would create if he joined the Astros midseason. It would be far better than any trade deadline deal they could make. 所以說如果他從六月份就開始投球的話,他就剛好投四個月的例行賽與一個月的季後賽 而太空人隊應該要這樣做才好。想起2004年,球隊第一次將他簽下後,整個休士頓市 的瘋狂,我就能夠想像如果明年季中他加入太空人隊,大家會有多麼興高采烈。 在季中簽下他會比在交易截止日前還要恰當 I heard rumors that the Astros are willing to trade Brad Lidge if it means adding a big bat to the lineup. Is it true that they are considering trading their proven closer of the past two years? -- Chase H., Yoakum, Texas Chase H., Yoakum, Texas---我聽到有傳聞指出太空人隊想將 Lidge 交易出去, 也就是說讓隊上多一個大棒子。球團考慮將過去兩年 的守護神交易出去,是真的嗎? The only untouchables are players who have 10-5 rights (Jeff Bagwell, Craig Biggio) or no-trade clauses (Andy Pettitte, Lance Berkman). This doesn't mean the Astros wouldn't part with them, it just means that the players control their destiny and I don't see any of the four agreeing to play elsewhere. 球員交易唯一無法動用到的球員為擁有10-5權利的 Bagwell 和 BGO ,與擁有禁止 交易條款的 Pettitte 與肥仔。 *譯按:恩,10-5 rights 大概就是在說,如果有個球員在大聯盟待了10年以上, 與在某隊打了5年以上,如果今天球隊想將他交易出去與交易至哪隊,都須 徵得該名球員同意。 這不是說太空人隊不能送出某些球員,而是這些球員可以掌有自己的生殺大權,而 我也沒看到這四個球員有人想到別隊打球。 Everyone else is available, but obviously there are players who the Astros don't want to part with. I believe Roy Oswalt can be added to the list of near-untouchables. I don't believe Lidge falls into that category, although it would take a mind-boggling offer for the Astros to trade him. 至於其他的球員是可以動用的,但很明顯的,太空人隊是不會捨棄某些球員的。我認為 幼齒王小華( Roy Oswalt)就是在"不可動用名單"當中。我也不相信 Lidge 會是在"交易 名單"內,對太空人隊來說,交易 Lidge 是個會讓人抓狂的提議。 I think that Jose Vizcaino was an excellent player last season, so why don't the Astros want to sign him for 2006? Who might replace him? -- Katie P., Mt. Kisco, N.Y. Katie P., Mt. Kisco, N.Y.---我覺得 Jose Vizcaino 在上個球季表現很棒, 所以,為什麼太空人隊不與他續約呢?那未來 誰會取代他? The Astros view Eric Bruntlett as a Vizcaino-type player, but less expensive. Bruntlett is versatile, like Vizcaino, with the added bonus of being able to play all three outfield positions. Bruntlett produced off the bench last year, proving he can come through in clutch situations. His three-run homer in the 14th inning in Washington stands out in my mind as one of his best moments. 太空人隊認為 Eric Bruntlett 是和 Vizcaino 同類型的球員,可是薪資比較便宜。 Bruntlett 和 Vizcaino 一樣,為多功能型球員,而且還能夠守外野的三個位置。 去年 Bruntlett是板凳球員當中打擊挺有貢獻的球員,證明了隊友在壘上時,他可 以將隊友"打回家"。他那次在華盛頓,延長賽第14局打出的三分全壘打,至今仍存 在我心裡面,這是他人生美好時刻之一。 Vizcaino made $1.25 million in 2005. Bruntlett made $335,000, and he's not yet arbitration-eligible. The math is simple. Vizcaino 2005年的薪資是125萬美元,Bruntlett為33萬5千,並且沒有薪資仲裁資格 數學是很簡單的 。 I understand the decision, but I'm sad to see 'Viz' go. He was a tremendous teammate for the five years he was here, and even though he didn't get a lot of media attention, he was considered invaluable within the clubhouse walls. He'll be missed. 我能理解這個決定,但我很難過看到 'Viz' 離開。他是個在這兒待了五年的很棒的 隊友,雖然他並沒有受到太多媒體注意,但對於太空人球團,他是無價的。他會被大 家懷念的。 Last year I remember there being talk of Willy Taveras working on hitting from the left side. Now that he is on the roster, is he planning to continue this? -- Clint C., Corpus Christi, Texas Clint C., Corpus Christi, Texas---我記得去年有談論過 Willy Taveras 練習左打 。既然他現在已在25人名單內,他還會 計畫繼續練習嗎? The Astros tabled the switch-hitting talk last year when Taveras needed to focus all of his attention on making the club out of Spring Training. Tim Purpura said he might revisit the idea with Willy this spring, considering switch-hitting would help Taveras elevate his game. Taveras is a hard worker and very coachable, so it could work. 去年 Taveras 需要聚焦他的注意力讓球團將他放入春訓名單時,太空人隊就提出左右 開攻的談論。Purpura 說他還會讓 Taveras 再次試試,想想看左右開攻有助於提升 他的攻擊力。 Taveras 認真之餘,孺子又可教也,所以會再實行的。 What is the latest news on Bagwell's rehab? And would the Astros consider dealing Adam Everett and signing Nomar Garciaparra? -- Matt M., Lubbock, Texas Matt M., Lubbock, Texas---有什麼關於 Bagwell 身體復原的最近期消息嗎?太空 人隊會考慮將 Adam Everett交易出去,然後簽下 Nomar Garciaparra嗎? Garciaparra is not a long-term solution at shortstop, and from what I'm hearing, none of the interested clubs have any intention of playing Nomar at that position. That speaks volumes. Garciaparra has said he would be willing to play any position other than pitcher and catcher, but I have a feeling he would need to sign for next to nothing and rely on a contract calling for heavy performance bonuses. I don't believe the Astros are interested, but you never say never. Garciaparra 沒辦法長期守游擊,從我所聽到的消息來說,對他有興趣的球團都無意 讓他擔任該守備位置。這個安排充分的表達出該狀況。Garciaparra曾說過,除了投捕 手外,任何位置他都願意擔任,但我總覺得他必須免費簽約,契約上再說明等到時他有 好表現,再給他額外獎金。我不認為太空人隊對他有興趣,不過你也不能說絕不可能。 Bagwell has been working through the fall and winter to strengthen his right shoulder through weight-lifting and throwing exercises. The news that he's lifting weights is huge, considering he hasn't been able to do that in four years. Phil Garner saw him recently and said he looks like he's bulked up a bit, and that he's feeling good. I think some of the skeptics are going to be surprised at what Bagwell's going to be able to do next year. Bagwell整個秋冬藉著舉重與傳球練習來加強他的右肩。最新的消息是,他能夠舉的 磅數很大,想想看他在四年前還沒有這樣的能力。最近看到他的 Phil Garner說他看 起來還能再多增加一點磅數,而且他感覺不錯。我想明年 Bagwell所做到的,會讓那 些懷疑他能力的人吃驚的。 What are your thoughts on Oswalt's innings pitched last season? He's pitched a lot of innings the last few seasons. Is anyone concerned about his stamina going into this season? -- Joe L. Joe L.---你對於上個球季幼齒王小華( Roy Oswalt )的投球局數有何看法? 最近幾個球季他的投球局數非常多。有任何人注意到他今年體力方面的 問題嗎? I don't think Oswalt's stamina has been a question when he's healthy, and considering he won 20 games in back-to-back seasons, I think he should just keep doing what works. That said, clubs do have to keep their eye on pitch counts and innings to some degree. Oswalt is extremely efficient when he pitches, so while his innings have piled up, his pitch counts have always been reasonable. 如果身體健康,我就不認為幼齒王小華的體力會有任何問題,他連續兩季投出20勝 的佳績,我認為他應該要繼續保持。也就是說,在某個程度上,球團的確要注意投 手的用球數與局數。幼齒王小華投球的時候,用球數很精簡,因此投球局數不斷積 累,用球數增加是很合理的。 Is there any chance that Clemens and his son will play at the same time for the Astros? -- John L., Cypress, Texas John L., Cypress, Texas---老克跟他兒子有任何機會一起同時為太空人隊效力嗎? If Clemens is to return, there is always the possiblity that Koby could be a September callup. Don't think that thought has not crossed Roger's mind. Very few father-son combinations have played in the big leagues together -- the Griffeys are the most recent -- and I believe it would be enticing for Roger to pitch an inning with Koby playing third base. 如果老克回來,Koby 在9月份被叫上大聯盟總有可能性。別說這個想法老克從沒想過, 父子同時在大聯盟出賽是很稀少的例子。最近期的是 Griffey 父子檔。而我相信這也 會慫恿老克想投上一局,同時 Koby 守三壘。 I'm a huge Bagwell fan, but what will happen if he hits .150 in Spring training? Will he have to prove himself again in order to be the starter on Opening Day? What will the Astros do with him if he's not going to be an everyday player? -- Cory C., Spring, Texas Cory C., Spring, Texas---我是個超級 Bagwell 迷,如果他在春訓時打擊率1成50 他會怎樣?為了成為開幕日的先發,他是不是還要有好 表現來證明自己的能耐ꐠ如果他不能先發上場了太空人 隊會怎麼做? Bagwell's bat speed and throwing ability will be more important elements than his batting average in terms of evaluation. If he makes good contact, as he did when he returned last September, that will be more of an indication than how many hits he has. Bagwell's average in Spring Training is notoriously low anyway, so I wouldn't expect any monster numbers in March regardless. 從評估的觀點來看, Bagwell揮棒速度與傳球能力會比他的打擊率還來的重要。如果 他像9月份復出時一樣,恢復不錯的話,其中給予的指標會比他究竟打多少安打還來的重要ꄊBagwell 在春訓的打擊率是非常低的,所以不論如何我是不會期待他在3月會繳出任何 龐大驚人的數字。 If Bagwell decides he cannot play, Berkman would move to first base. 如果 Bagwell 決定不打了,肥仔會移到一壘。 =============== 翻不好,翻錯了,跟我說!!! -- ~ "環保" 可以當自己吝嗇的最佳理由 ~ -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 218.172.214.195 ※ 編輯: mysunny 來自: 218.172.214.195 (12/13 23:24)

12/13 23:36, , 1F
翻得好,翻得妙,就要推!!!
12/13 23:36, 1F

12/14 00:08, , 2F
結論 : 我們沒有任何交易的跡象? -_______________-
12/14 00:08, 2F

12/14 00:18, , 3F
大推 辛苦了
12/14 00:18, 3F

12/14 14:44, , 4F
大推啊...你們家的Mailbag先生客觀多了 也有感情多了
12/14 14:44, 4F