Mailbag: Run, Lance, run!

看板Astros作者 (還要再努力一點才行...)時間18年前 (2005/11/29 20:33), 編輯推噓13(1308)
留言21則, 10人參與, 最新討論串1/1
11/28/2005 1:34 PM ET Mailbag: Run, Lance, run! Beat reporter Alyson Footer answers fans' emails From:http://0rz.net/290Rx =================================== I love Lance Berkman, but I watched a bunch of hustle in the White Sox bunch and a lot of hustle among the Astros, but not Lance. I think he could be a Hall of Famer and a great asset to Houston if only he wouldn't lollygag about. What's going on? -- Ed D., Katy, Texas Ed D., Katy---我喜歡肥仔﹙ Lance Berkman ﹚,可是世界大賽時我看到 白襪隊與太空人隊的球員們在場上拼勁十足,而肥仔卻不會 這樣。 假如他打球時不要懶洋洋的,我想他可以進入名人堂,也會 是休士頓最棒的球員吧。 他到底是怎麼了? I've always been quite critical of Lance's baserunning skills, and I use the word "skills" loosely. But I have to defend the lovable slugger this time. His knee was nowhere near full strength and that affected his running, both on the basepaths and in the outfield. I expect him to be much improved next year. Some of you may have noticed that when he was trying to beat out a grounder, he would run way, way past first base, almost to the point where he was halfway down the right-field line. That was also an effect from his knee surgery -- he couldn't stop as quickly as he does at full strength. Watching him run through first reminded me of Forrest Gump -- run, Lance, run! 我總是苛責肥仔的跑壘技能,我隨便地使用"技能"這個字眼。但這一次, 我必須為這個令人喜愛的強打者辯解。 肥仔的膝蓋沒辦法恢復完全的力量,這也影響到他跑壘與在外野守備時的移動, 我期待明年時,他膝蓋的狀況可以大大改進。 有一些球迷會注意到,當肥仔試著要擊敗滾地球以上壘時,他會用滑的方式滑 超過一壘壘包,幾乎是到了右外野的邊線上。這也是因為他膝蓋手術後的影響 ---他不能用他完全的力量即時停止。 看他跑上一壘,會讓我想起電影"阿甘正傳"---跑啊!肥仔!跑啊! I heard about the possibility that the Astros can pursue Adam Dunn of the Cincinnati Reds. Is there any truth to this? I think Adam Dunn can give the offense a big boost. What is your opinion on Adam Dunn coming to Houston? -- Samuel R., Houston Samuel R.---我有聽說太空人隊可以獲得紅人隊 Adam Dunn 的可能,這消息有 真實性嗎?我想 Adam Dunn 可以給我們強大火力支援。 你對於 Adam Dunn 來休士頓有什麼看法? We went through this at the trading deadline last year. It was assumed Dunn would be dealt, and the Astros were mentioned as possible suitors because (a) they desperately needed offensive help, and (b) Dunn is from the Houston area. 我們來仔細檢討一下去年交易截止時的事情。現在假如 Dunn 可以被交易,太空人隊也 同樣提出一些可能的請願: (a) 他們真的需要攻擊火力支援 (b) Dunn是休士頓人。 It is my understanding that the Reds would consider dealing one of their four outfielders, and Dunn's inevitable salary increase may tempt the club to trade him. But if they're asking for what they asked for in return for Dunn as the trade deadline loomed last year, the Astros may be better suited to just say no. 據我了解,紅人隊考慮將他們四個外野手的其中一名交易出去,而薪資必會增加 的 Dunn 會使得球團要將他交易出去。但假如又像去年一樣,當交易截止日逼近 ,紅人隊要求將 Dunn 交易出,太空人隊必須要給予一些回報。 那太空人隊拒絕會比較好。 With all the talk about Adam Everett's lack of offensive production, has there been any consideration of Eric Bruntlett replacing or challenging Adam for the shortstop position next year? He has speed, is very good defensively, has experience at the shortstop position and has shown signs of having a better bat than Adam, even clutch some times. I know he has never played a full season like Everett, so who knows what his full-season production would be, but is there consideration? -- Vince V., Houston -- Vince V.---看到所有關於 Adam Everett 缺乏打擊能力的談論,球隊有無 任何考慮明年讓 Eric Bruntlett 取代或挑戰 Adam 先發游擊 手的位置嗎? 他有速度,守備很好,也有守游擊的經驗,也展現比 Adam 較好的打擊能力,甚至也較能將隊友送回本壘得分。 我知道他不像 Everett一樣,從未打滿整個球季,所以誰知道 他打滿整個球季會有怎樣的成績呢。 還是有任何其他考慮及想法嗎? The Astros view Bruntlett as a solid bench player, but he could see an expanded role in '06. He won't be a starter, but he likely will receive a lot more playing time than he did in '05. Expect him to receive starts at short, second and in the outfield when the starters need days off. He certainly proved he can deliver in clutch situations. 太空人隊視 Bruntlett 為優秀的板凳替補球員,在06年他可以扮演更多角色。 他不會先發上場,但他可以比05年有更多上場時間。當主力球員休息未上場, 他就可以上場守游擊、二壘、外野。 他也確實證明當隊友在壘包上時,他會有打點進帳。 Why didn't the Astros throwback this season? It would have been really nice to see the 'Stros come out in the 60s era uniform or, better yet, the old Colt uniform. -- Shane W., Houston Shane W.---今年球季太空人隊為什麼不穿復古的球衣了?看到太空人隊穿60年代 的柯氏手槍隊球衣感覺會很棒。 I'm guessing the players would beg to differ. By my calculations, dating back to 1999, every time they wear a throwback uniform, they lose -- badly. I remember a slaughtering at the hands of the Rangers a couple of years ago while they wore the rainbow jerseys. 我猜想球員們的要求會不同。根據我統計出來的結果,將時間回到1999年,每一次 他們穿復古的球衣,他們就慘烈輸球。我還記得兩年前那場他們穿著彩虹衫被游騎 兵隊屠殺的比賽。 After the throwback games, the players are instructed to take the jerseys off and hand them to a marketing rep for an onfield contest where fans win the jerseys. It's my understanding that the players not only gladly hand over the jerseys, but also request that they never see them again. 穿著復古球衣的比賽後,球員們會被要求脫下球衣並用手拿著,然後那件球衣出售給 場上贏得競標的球迷。 據我所知,球員們不只會很高興地將球衣拿在手上,也會要求未來不要再見到這球衣了。 Orleans, and he can definitely hit the ball. I would think they could find somewhere for his bat. -- David P., Metairie, La. David P.--- Royce Huffman 能符合 太空人隊的未來打算嗎?我有個機會在新紐奧良 看他打球,無疑地,他能打好。我想他們可以因為他的打擊而給他個守備 位置發揮。 Huffman recently had elbow surgery, and he is a Minor League free agent. The Astros are interested in re-signing him. You are right, he can definitely hit the ball, and the Astros love that about him. But he seems to be a good offensive player with no position. He can play first and third and a little second, but last year's experiment to convert him into a catcher didn't work out. Huffman 最近動了肘部手術,而他也是小聯盟的自由球員。太空人隊對跟他續約很有興 趣。你說的沒錯,無疑地,他能打好球。但他是個攻擊能力強、卻沒有固定守備位置 的球員。 他可以守一壘、三壘、和一點點的二壘,不過去年讓他轉換擔任捕手的經驗卻沒什麼 功效。 Huffman makes consistent contact, and the club believes his power will come. In that respect, he has a chance. Huffman 有列入接觸,而球團也相信他未來的能力,在這個觀點上,他會有機會的。 How far along is Hunter Pence? I have heard good things about him, but I can't seem to find too much about him. -- Andrew H., Pearland Andrew H.--- Hunter Pence 再來會升到哪個層級去?我聽到了一些關於他的好消息, 但我似乎找不到很多關於他的事。 Pence will start next season at either Class A Salem or Double-A Corpus. He will come to Spring Training with a chance to make the Corpus team. 明年球季 Pence 不是從 1A 的 Salem 隊開始,就是從 2A 的 Corpus隊。他會有機會 和 Corpus 一起參加春訓。 And now two emails that don't need answers (except a thank you for reminding us what's important as we welcome the holiday season): 接下來是兩封不需要解答的 emails ﹙除了要謝謝你提醒我們,當我們在歡迎假期 時,什麼是最重要的。﹚ Hurricane Rita severely damaged our home and we cannot move back there. But following the Astros to the World Series was a wonderful way for me and my sons to forget for a moment about our problems and cheer on our heroes. My sons met Roy Oswalt in Beaumont and shook his hand. They will never forget that. Thanks Astros. -- Walter J., Port Neches Walter J.---颶風 Rita 嚴重毀壞我們的家園,也使得我們不能回家。但接下來 進入世界大賽的太空人隊給了我很棒的感覺,我的兒子們也暫且忘掉 我們面臨的問題,一起為我們的英雄歡呼加油。 我兒子還在 Beaumont 見到 Roy Oswalt,並和他握手。他們永生難忘。 謝謝太空人隊! I am a soldier in the Texas Army National Guard currently stationed in the Al Anbar Province of Iraq. My fellow soldiers and myself tried to keep up with the Astros as much as we could this season and during the playoffs. We are all truly proud of the way this team conducted themselves on the diamond this year. Their never-quit attitude and their willingness to play through injuries, fatigue and pain are the same virtues we as soldiers strive to fulfill everyday. I would like thank this year's team and management for their efforts. Some championships are won on a baseball diamond, and some are won in hearts and minds. I will never forget this year I've spent in Iraq away from my family and friends. I will also never forget the year the Houston Astros never gave up. This year will always remain in my heart, not for the pain of defeat, but rather a burning pride of a team that would not quit. You are all champions in my mind. Thank you for all of the memories. -- Mitch C., Lufkin Mitch C.---我是德州國民兵的軍人,目前駐紮在伊拉克 Al Anbar 省。在 今年球季與季後賽我和我的同袍還是盡可能試著繼續關心太空人隊。我 們對於今年這個球隊在場上所表現的趕到無比驕傲。 他們永不放棄、帶傷上場、克服疲憊與疼痛的行為和我們軍人每一天努 力盡自己責任的意思是相同的。 我想要謝謝球隊與管理領導今年的努力。有一些冠軍是在棒球場上贏得的, 而有一些是贏到了心坎裡去。我不會忘記今年我離開親友到伊拉克去。 也不會忘記這一年那永不放棄的休士頓太空人隊。 今年發生的一切會長存在我的心中,不只是克服痛苦,還有一個永不放棄 的球隊燃燒的驕傲。你們全都是我心中的冠軍。謝謝你們給我的回憶。 ================================ 恩,翻很爛,跟我說 翻錯了,跟我說 -- 讀書苦.讀書累 讀書還要繳學費 不如混個黑社會 有吃有喝有地位 還有妹妹陪你睡 -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 218.172.215.181

11/29 21:34, , 1F
感謝~~很多消息,還有溫馨花絮,飽足感相當夠的文!
11/29 21:34, 1F

11/29 21:47, , 2F
大推!!
11/29 21:47, 2F

11/29 21:51, , 3F
辛苦了^^...thanks
11/29 21:51, 3F

11/29 22:15, , 4F
每次穿復古球衣就輸球,難道是復古球衣魔咒?
11/29 22:15, 4F

11/29 23:07, , 5F
MVP試了之後發現彩虹復古球衣超鳥的 雖然還是大勝對手XD
11/29 23:07, 5F

11/29 23:10, , 6F
突然發現應該是這篇讓看板人氣加到兩位數了XD
11/29 23:10, 6F

11/29 23:38, , 7F
看到標題還沒看內容我就笑出來了 哈哈
11/29 23:38, 7F

11/30 00:33, , 8F
應該是德州國民兵
11/30 00:33, 8F

11/30 00:35, , 9F
棒棒
11/30 00:35, 9F
※ 編輯: mysunny 來自: 140.127.60.220 (11/30 12:08) ※ 編輯: mysunny 來自: 140.127.60.220 (11/30 12:08)

11/30 12:09, , 10F
謝謝 Emagdnim 跟我說錯誤^___^
11/30 12:09, 10F

12/01 11:12, , 11F
我對肥仔跑壘的要求就是他不要迷路
12/01 11:12, 11F

12/01 11:12, , 12F
對他守左外的要求就是守的比Manny Ramirez 好
12/01 11:12, 12F

12/01 11:13, , 13F
對他場外的表現就是除了打美式足球之外怎麼搞笑都可以
12/01 11:13, 13F