Mailbag: Lining up the offseason shuffle

看板Astros作者 (還要再努力一點才行...)時間18年前 (2005/11/16 12:19), 編輯推噓8(800)
留言8則, 8人參與, 最新討論串1/1
11/14/2005 1:20 PM ET Mailbag: Lining up the offseason shuffle Beat writer Alyson Footer answers Astros fans' question From:http://0rz.net/2a0RK ============== Before we get started, let me take a moment to congratulate Astros Senior VP of Operations Rob Matwick for his recent induction into the Texas Baseball Hall of Fame. He said in his acceptance speech, "No one comes to the ballpark to watch Rob Matwick work," but I can say with certainty that he plays a huge role in making the whole Astros experience enjoyable for fans. Congrats, Rob. 在開始之前,讓我先恭喜太空人隊的資深播報員Rob Matwick在最近進入德州棒球 名人堂.他在他的得獎感言說了這句話:"沒有人能到球場看到Rob Matwick在工作" 但我可以很確切的說,在給予球迷很多有趣的經驗上,他扮演了很重要的角色,恭喜了 ,Rob. ========================== What are the Astros going to do with Chris Burke and Brad Lidge? Will Lidge ever become a starting pitcher? Danielle S., Houston Danielle S.問: 未來太空人隊給Chris Burke和Brad Lidge什麼樣的定位?Lidge是否會當先發投手? The Astros have some decisions to make, regarding Burke. Drayton McLane has made it clear he wants Craig Biggio to reach 3,000 hits in an Astros uniform, and Biggio is projected to reach that plateau in April or May of 2007. That leaves Burke without the option of playing his natural position, second base. Burke did a terrific job in left field this year, especially considering he had never played there before. But the corner outfield positions are usually occupied by players with better power numbers, and Burke is not going to be a home run hitter. He's a top-of-the-order, gap hitter who will hit more doubles than homers. The Astros could deal him, but I don't think they'll do anything hasty. Tim Purpura loves Burke, and it's going to take a mind-blowing offer for him to let go of the former No. 1 draft pick. Regarding Lidge, the Astros aren't going to do anything, and they shouldn't. Lidge is their closer. I don't think the team has any interest in converting him into a starter. He has a nasty slider, which helped him become one of the top closers in the league. Lidge had a rough postseason, and he has the entire winter to think about it, to get past it, and to get ready for Spring Training. The Astros aren't worried about Lidge's confidence, and I'm guessing Lidge isn't worried about it, either. He'll be fine. 答: 關於Burke的將來,球隊已有一些決定要做了,Drayton McLane很顯然的要BGO穿著太空 人隊的制服達到3000安的紀錄,而BGO也計畫在2007年的四月或五月登上這個高峰,所以 這就讓Burke沒辦法有自主權擔任他最原先的守備位置---二壘 今年Burke守左外野還不錯,特別是想到他以前從未守過那個位置,但是外野這個角落 通常是給較有打擊能力的球員來守的,而Burke不是全壘打型的打者,他是打二壘安打 比全壘打還多的打者,他算是這類型球員的佼佼者. 球隊可能會把Burke交易出去,但是我認為不會草率做出決定,Tim Purpura欣賞Burke, 而且對他來說,他會反對讓這個當初第一輪選進的球員離開 關於Lidge,球隊沒有要對他做什麼處理,也不應該對他做什麼,Lidge是他們的終結者 而我不相信球隊有興趣將他轉為先發投手,他投的滑球令打者非常討厭,這也使他成為 聯盟中頂尖的終結者之一 Lidge在季後,成績差強人意,然而他有一整個冬天來好好思考這個問題,克服 ,並為來年的春訓準備,球隊也不擔心對於Lidge的自信心問題,而我猜想,Lidge也 不會擔心的,他會表現很好的 ===================== I know that everyone likes to talk about how great Adam Everett is defensively, but I feel that the Astros really need a player with a solid bat. Everett had a lot of crucial at-bats with runners in scoring position throughout the World Series (and even the playoffs) and did nothing. Those could have been critical runs. Are the Astros even considering going after a player like Rafael Furcal, who has a strong glove and is also more reliable with a bat? -- James M. James M.問: 我知道大家喜歡談論Adam Everett的守備有多棒,但是我覺得太空人隊需要一個 有打擊能力的球員,在世界大賽時(甚至是在季後賽)Everett有很多重要得點圈的 打擊機會,但他卻沒有建樹,這些都是很重要的得分.太空人隊是不是該考慮簽下 像Rafael Furcal這種,有守備,又更能依賴他打擊的選手?? I'm assuming the overwhelming number of e-mails I've received about trading Everett stem from the fact that Furcal is a free agent. We can all forget about Furcal coming to Houston. He's too expensive and his agent is seeking a five- or six-year deal. The Astros aren't going to do that, especially since Furcal has some character issues that need to be considered. Yes, Everett had a lot of crucial at-bats with runners on base in the World Series. So did Biggio, Lance Berkman and Morgan Ensberg, as did Jason Lane and Brad Ausmus and Willy Taveras. In other words, everyone struggled, not just Everett. I can't imagine placing the blame on the Nos. 7-8 hitters for the team being an offensive flop in the World Series. Everett is here for defensive purposes, and he was terrific in '05. Like Lidge, judging a player on what he did in one week is dangerous. Ask the Mets. They threw $119 million at Carlos Beltran, largely based on what he did over a two-week span for the Astros in the 2004 postseason. Last I heard, the Mets were looking at trade possibilities involving Beltran. I guess they're unhappy that a player who hit .267 in '04 hit .266 in '05. I'm not one to make predictions, because I believe it's pretty much a waste of time. But let me go out on a limb for argument's sake. My prediction for 2006: Everett wins the Gold Glove, and Andy Pettitte wins the Cy Young. 答: 我現在就假裝我收到了無以計數因為Furcal是自由球員,而想要交易出Everett的信件 吧.我們可以完全忘掉關於Furcal要來休士頓的事.他的價碼太貴了,而且他的經紀人是要 尋求五年或六年的合約.太空人隊不會這麼做的,尤其是還需要考慮到Furcal的品行問題 沒錯!世界大賽時, Everett有很多跑者在壘上的重要打席。而Biggio、Lance Berkman、 Morgan Ensberg、Jason Lane, Brad Ausmus ,Willy Taveras也都和他一樣.換句話說,每 個人的狀況都不好,不單只有Everett。我無法想像將球隊在世界大賽的 進攻火力低落,歸咎於一個七、八棒的打者。 Everett被期許他的守備,而他再2005年也表現優異。就像Lidge一樣,評斷一個球員不是只 依據他在一個禮拜裡面的表現差強人意。你問問大都會隊,他們丟了一億一千九百萬給 Carlos Beltran,就只是主要根據他在2004年季後賽短時間兩週的表現。最近我聽說大都 會隊在尋求一個把Beltran交易出去的可能。我猜他們對於一個在04年打擊率二成六七,05 年打擊率二成六六的球員表現,很不滿意。 我不是那種會做任何的預測的人,因為我覺得非常浪費時間。但為了這個爭論的一部分,讓 我先離開我的原則。 我對2006年的預測:Everett贏得金手套獎、Andy Pettitte贏得賽揚 獎。 ================ The Astros were unable to sign any quality free agents last year because the free agents signed with other teams while management waited and pursued Beltran. This year, I firmly believe management will not aggressively pursue the free agent market because they will have to wait for a decision by Roger Clemens to return. By the time Clemens gives management his decision, the top free agents will have signed with other teams. Is management going to make the same fatal mistake for two consecutive years? Clemens, with all due respect, is a huge liability because of his age. It's plain and simple, the Astros have great young talent, but they need another veteran bat in the lineup. My question: do you think management will request for Clemens to give them a speedy response which will enable management to sign free agents? -- Keith F. Keith F.問: 去年太空人隊不能簽下好的自由球員,是因為這些球員在和其他球隊簽約時, 經理正在等待與追求Beltran。今年我堅決相信經理不會積極地在自由球員市場下手,因為 他們在等待Roger Clemens回來的決定。當Clemens給經理決定的時候,一些頂尖的自由球 員也已經和其他球隊簽約了。請問經理還會連續兩年犯同樣的致命錯誤嗎? 擁有充分敬重 的Clemens,年齡是對他不利的因素。單純又簡單,太空人隊擁有一些很棒又有潛質的年輕 球員,但他們需要一些球隊中有經驗的打者。 我的問題就是:你想經理會要求Clemens盡快 給回應,以讓他們能簽下一些自由球員嗎? The Astros are surely hoping Roger doesn't wait until January to decide, as he did last year. From what I am hearing, Roger hopes to have his decision within a couple of weeks. If he decides to return, it will help to know how much they're going to have to pay him and how much money will be left over to fill the rest of the roster. Without Clemens, the Astros have about $20 million to spend on 20 players. With Clemens, they're probably going to have to up the payroll. Either way, they need to know, sooner rather than later. I believe Clemens will announce something in December. 答: 太空人隊當然希望Roger不要像他去年一樣,等到一月份才做決定。從我聽到的,Roger 也希望在數週內就有決定。假如他決定回來,會有助於知道他們要付他多少錢,還有球團剩 下多少錢要付給其他球員。 沒有Clemens,太空人隊有大約兩千萬美金要付給剩下的二十名球員,如果有Clemens,全隊 總薪資可能會提高。不管是以上的哪一種情形,他們都必須盡快知道。我相信Clemens在十 二月,就會對外發表自己的決定。 ============= Am I missing something here that determines what constitutes "Rookie of the Year?" I'm looking at all of the stats of Willy Taveras vs. Ryan Howard. How can they possibly pick Howard over Taveras? I'm aware Howard had a great August/September and hit more home runs. But let's wait and see what he can do during a full season in the Major Leagues before we start giving him an award that obviously belongs to someone else. Your thoughts? -- Mark M., Austin Mark M.問: 我看了所有Willy Taveras vs. Ryan Howard的數據。我有遺漏了一些關於選 年度新人王的決定嗎?他們怎麼可能選了Howard而不是Taveras?我知道Howard在八月、九 月份打了較多的全壘打。但是在我們給予他一個很明顯是屬於別人的獎項之前,讓我們等 著來看他在大聯盟整季會有什麼表現。 你的想法呢? I go back and forth with this issue. Willy was the only candidate who played the entire season on the Major League level, which should count for a lot. He also maintained a batting average around .300 for most of the year, another point in his favor. But I can't begrudge Howard for winning. I realize that he was with the Phillies for only half the season, but it's hard to argue against a guy who hit 22 homers and drove in 63 runs over 88 games. Howard stepped in for Jim Thome and kept the Phillies in contention. Taveras did a decent job at the top of the order because of his speed. He beat out grounders and reached on bunt singles, which became the focal point of his game. But his .324 on-base percentage wasn't impressive. He had only 20 extra-base hits all year. He'll have to improve on that, because as a leadoff man, he has to be able to move runners over. He also has to drive in runs here and there. That said, the most important thing to remember is that Willy had never played above Double-A before 2005. What he was able to accomplish, while literally learning on the job, is remarkable. 我反覆地思索這個問題。Willy是唯一一個在大聯盟打了完整球季的候選人,這應該被大大 算入。一整年大部分他也維持打擊率在三成左右,這也是贊同他的一項分數。 但是我不會嫉妒Howard贏得這份獎項。我知道他在費城人隊只打了半個球季,但這很難否 定一個在88場出賽中,打了22支全壘打、63分打點的小伙子。Howard代替了Jim Thome的位 置,其表現讓球隊還一直擁有競爭力。 因為他的速度, Taveras在這個頂尖的層級裡,表現還挺像樣的。他擊敗滾地球讓它變成內 野安打成為他在比賽中的焦點。但他三成二四的上壘率並不讓人印象深刻。他一整年只有 二十支長打。身為前段棒次,他必須能將打者推進,這是他未來必須要增進的。他也必須要 將球打出去。 我覺得,最重要的事是要記得Taveras在2005年之前,從未打過2A以上的層級,他可以在這個 層級完成,實實在在的從這個工作完成,很非凡. ================== I truly believe Phil Garner was snubbed for NL Manager of the Year by the writers. From the standpoint of accomplishments, I think he clearly outshines Bobby Cox and Tony LaRussa. Regarding LaRussa, everyone expected his team to repeat as NL Central champions, and most of us expected him to win the pennant, as well. Scott Rolen notwithstanding, La Russa had a pretty healthy club all season, and they did exactly what they were expected, and are paid handsomely, to do. Regarding Cox, his accomplishments this season with his team are well-documented, but relative to Garner's, I still think they lag. Cox started the season with a much more experienced team than Garner, and although much has been said of them finishing the team with so many rookie and young contributors, they also never battled back from 15 games below .500. That kind of improvement doesn't just happen because guys finally get hot. It takes tremendous leadership from a manager and a coaching staff to orchestrate that kind of turnaround. I suppose you can make a weak argument for Garner placing second (and I stress weak), but third? Never. -- Chris C., Md. Chris C.問: 我真的相信Phil Garner被票選年度總教練的作家冷落了,從實行的觀點來看,我 認為他明顯的勝過Bobby Cox和Tony LaRussa. 說到LaRussa,每個人都預期他的球隊再次贏得國聯中區冠軍,而大部分的我們也都預期 他會嬴得冠軍旗.縱使Scott Rolen受傷,LaRussa整個球季還是擁有一隻健康的球隊 而他們也完全做到他們所盼望的,薪水也很可觀. 提到Cox,他和他的球隊完成這個球季是有證據的,但是與Garner相關的事實,我仍然相信 他們落後了.球季一開始,Cox球隊的球員是比Garner的多了很多經驗,雖然很多人說 最後Cox的球隊有很多新人,但是他們從未克服過在低於五成的勝率中,從15場比賽爬起 這種進步不只是因為球員們到最後表現火熱.這種轉變是需要經理與教練優異的領導能力 我希望你能用個或許較不充分的論述來說Garner應該要票選為第二名, 不可能是第三... I have no problem with Cox winning it. He was faced with another roster overturn and potentially devastating injuries, and he had to break in 18 rookies. And he won the division. Again. Good points about La Russa. I, too, believe Garner should have finished second. He was faced with a far bigger challenge in '05 than he was in '04, when he took over after the All-Star break. Last year, he had a bunch of sluggers and Hall of Famers who got their act together late in the season, just in time. In '05, Garner had to manage a lineup that was in the bottom five in the league in nearly every offensive category, and in the bottom of the division on June 1. Even though Howard beat Taveras in rookie of the year voting and Cox and La Russa trumped Garner for Manager of the Year, I'm sure the winners would have gladly traded their award for a World Series appearance. In that respect, I doubt Taveras and Garner are losing any sleep over the voting results. 答: Cox贏得這個獎項,我毫無疑問.面對一個又一個球員的受傷,他使用18名新人打破 了紀錄.卻又再一次贏得分區冠軍 你提出的關於La Russa的觀點很好,我也是覺得Garner應該要第二名才對.他在2005年 面對的挑戰遠比他在2004年明星賽後接管球隊所要面對的還要大.去年球季他擁有一些 強打者與一些表現遲早會進入名人堂的選手.在2005年,Garner必須駕馭一個在聯盟幾乎 各項攻擊數據倒數五名的隊伍,而且在6月1日時,還在其分區墊底. 雖然Howard在年度新人王獎項擊敗Taveras,Cox和LaRussa在年度總教練的獎項贏過 Garner,我確信這些贏家會很願意把他們的獎項賣掉,來換取世界大賽的出賽. 在這個著眼點上,我不相信Taveras和Garner在投票的結果方面輸掉了... =========== Taylor Buchholz has had his share of injury problems through out his first two years in the Astros organization and is now sparkling in the Arizona Fall League. Is he a realistic probability to become the Astros' fifth starter for next year, or will he need another year? -- Greg S. Bloomington, IN Greg S問: Taylor Buchholz在太空人隊組織,前兩年的時間有受傷的問題存在,而他現正於亞利桑納 秋季聯盟閃耀光芒.他有實質的可能成為明年的第五號先發投手嗎? 或者說還需要再一年的時間呢? The Astros expect Buchholz to contend for a spot on the Major League roster during Spring Training, but his role is unclear. He could be a candidate for the fifth starter spot, but they're not opposed to weaning him in as a setup man, a la Chad Qualls. 答: 太空人隊預計Buchholz為大聯盟春訓期間的一員,但他的角色還不清楚 他可能是第五號先發的候選人,但他們也不反對不讓他只在球隊勝利時才上場中繼, 就像Chad Qualls的方式一樣... ================= 恩...哪裡要改善的 不好的 跟我說吧^^ ))))))))))) [[嘖嘖 翻到後來 有點頭昏腦脹了]] -- 考試的時候,就想要做報告 做報告的時候,就希望考試...  用手畫地圖時,就想學gis  學gis時,又想用手畫地圖了... -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 140.127.60.215

11/16 14:20, , 1F
翻譯的還不錯啊,推一個
11/16 14:20, 1F

11/16 15:26, , 2F
大推~~~~
11/16 15:26, 2F

11/16 15:31, , 3F
好好好
11/16 15:31, 3F

11/16 17:03, , 4F
翻的好阿 推~
11/16 17:03, 4F

11/16 18:25, , 5F
翻的很讚唷 謝謝大大的心血^^
11/16 18:25, 5F

11/16 18:34, , 6F
我想 還一定有盲點在 真的!
11/16 18:34, 6F
※ 編輯: mysunny 來自: 218.172.215.58 (11/17 00:00)

11/17 00:45, , 7F
推啊!
11/17 00:45, 7F
※ 編輯: mysunny 來自: 218.172.222.74 (11/19 00:12)

11/19 01:08, , 8F
感謝阿...翻的真的沒話說...超好的...大感謝...
11/19 01:08, 8F
恩...言過其實了... ※ 編輯: mysunny 來自: 218.172.217.132 (11/20 13:14)
文章代碼(AID): #13UhDELs (Astros)