Ichiro's thoughts on the 2010 season

看板Asian-MLB作者 ( )時間13年前 (2010/10/05 17:04), 編輯推噓1(101)
留言2則, 2人參與, 最新討論串1/1
What are you feelings at the end of this season? From a players standpoint, I couldn't say I feel tired or relieved. All I can feel is I feel very bad towards our fans. It's like what we saw today. It was a tough game, but our fans believed that we would come back. And not being able to overcome that is very tough as a player. We made a lot of our fans, a lot of the people in Seattle, expect so much from what we believe in. But at the end of the day, to come up with results like this, that's very tough as a player. All you can feel is you feel just bad for what you've done this year. You feel very guilty. That's all I can say as of now." After last season and the offseason moves, could you imagine you'd be sitting here after another 100 loss season? I don't think anyone imagined this. I think it's stupid to imagine this. But here I am today. This is the evidence. This is what happened. From here on, you have to be aware of what could happen and that's how I look at it. Is this the most disappointing year of year career-wise? I don't think you can compare season to season. We had very big expectations but the results were terrible. I could say the gap in between was the biggest. Why did the season dissolve? That's something for me to think about from here on. Is there any reason to expect better things next year? Are you hopeful or optimistic? "It's actually hard to say to everyone around me, including the media because we all believed in this team, and thought we would play up to our expectations. But when you look at the results, it wasn't there at all. It's hard to express my feelings as of now. It's hard to say that I can be optimistic because I don't think anyone should be. This is reality. We have to take it heart. We have to go from here and move on. Just because we haven't done anything and remain optimistic doesn't mean everything will turn out next year." Once you are done reflecting, what do you do with that information? "We all reflect to our failures individually. I think we can all do that. We can work on what we failed. The solution what we have to find is how we can put that together for the team. That's the answer I'm trying to find." If it becomes clear that this a long-term rebuiliding project, would you ever consider ever going somewhere where winning is a more of a likelihood? I can't answer that question because we are not in that situation. You can say what if, and someone else will say what if, and that's not the situation we are in right now. Next spring will be your seventh manager in your tenure, does that bother you? I think you could see that in our results. It's very tough individually to play for many managers. The ideal is to have one manager for a long time and that's what we all look forward to. When you put this behind you, when you do start looking at next year? I don't know. I can't talk about the future because now is now. http://ppt.cc/29ot -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 118.160.68.119

10/05 17:28, , 1F
借轉3年內2度百敗版。
10/05 17:28, 1F

10/05 17:55, , 2F
對了 岩村被釋出了 都沒人po是習慣了嗎XD
10/05 17:55, 2F
文章代碼(AID): #1CgkedY9 (Asian-MLB)