Bergkamp prepares for Arsenal bow

看板Arsenal作者 (兵工廠頭號帥哥)時間18年前 (2006/07/22 00:32), 編輯推噓1(100)
留言1則, 1人參與, 最新討論串1/1
Bergkamp prepares for Arsenal bow http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/5203954.stm Dennis Bergkamp will have mixed emotions as he formally retires from football with a testimonial between Arsenal and Ajax on Saturday. The 54,000 sell-out is the first to be played at the new Emirates Stadium. "A club like Arsenal deserves such a stadium, and I'm sorry I won't be a part of it," said the 37-year-old. "But I had a tremendous career at Highbury and it is time to move on. I've had a great time, I really enjoyed myself. I really enjoyed my career." Bergkamp has been with the Gunners for 11 years having joined from Inter Milan in a £7.5m deal in 1995. He played 423 games for Arsenal and the match brings the last of his three clubs head-to-head with his first, Ajax. Bergkamp describes himself as "proud and happy" to be the focus of attention at Arsenal's new stadium but conceded it will be strange to walk away from the sport. "This game is the last one and there will be a lot of things I'll miss," he added. "The dressing room, the humour, going to training and then the big things, playing in full stadiums and feeling that pressure. "I've been playing professional football since 17 and joined Ajax at 12 so it has been part of my life for 25 years. It's the reason why I'm here in England. It will be hard to let go." But let go he must and he intends to go out on a high. Old team-mates such as Patrick Vieira, Ian Wright and Lee Dixon will be playing as well as Dutch legend Johan Cruyff. However, despite the celebratory atmosphere Bergkamp insists there will be no slacking on his part. "That's how I approach the game," he said. "Every time I train I give 100% and even in a testimonial you want to win and play well and perform and show what you can do. That has always been the case. "It will be a special day and it will be emotional but it's important i can enjoy the day and hopefully I can share it with a lot of players who I think deserve to be a part of this stadium." -- 人生愁恨何能免 銷魂獨我情何限 -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 61.229.47.41

07/22 18:56, , 1F
好快...11年 We've been walking in Bergy's wonderland
07/22 18:56, 1F
文章代碼(AID): #14mG6dSz (Arsenal)