[新聞] Agassi, Graf to play first matches un …

看板Agassi作者 (Milka Tsai)時間15年前 (2009/02/25 09:48), 編輯推噓3(300)
留言3則, 3人參與, 最新討論串1/1
Agassi and Graf to Play First Wimbledon Matches Under New Roof By Danielle Rossingh http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=newsarchive&sid=aKMWWHa9dL5I Feb. 24 (Bloomberg) -- Steffi Graf and Andre Agassi will return to the Centre Court at Wimbledon, where they won eight singles titles between them, in an event to test its new roof, the All England Club said. Graf and Agassi will be joined by former U.S. Open champion Kim Clijsters and ex-British No. 1 Tim Henman, the club said in an e-mailed statement today. The event on Sunday, May 17, is “designed to test the new roof and air management system with live tennis in front of a capacity crowd of 15,000,” the All England Club said. Tickets for the one-day competition, which includes a men’s singles, a women’s singles and a mixed doubles match, will cost 35 pounds ($50.90) and go on sale March 12. Unlike at the Wimbledon Championships, there won’t be any on-day sales at the turnstiles, the club said. “There is no tennis venue more special to me than Centre Court at Wimbledon,” Graf, a former top-ranked player and the winner of 22 Grand Slam titles, said in the statement. “I couldn’t be more honored to play there again with my husband Andre, and tennis greats Kim and Tim. It will mean so much to return to Wimbledon and see so many familiar places, relive so many wonderful memories.” Ian Ritchie, chief executive officer of the All England Club, said his organization had set out to make Wimbledon the world’s “premier” tennis event. “The new retractable Centre Court roof, and air management system, is another important part of the championships’ progression and will guarantee the play that today’s audiences expect,” he said. The world’s only grass-court Grand Slam will be held June 22 through July 5. The tournament, which in the past has frequently been halted because of rain, was won by Rafael Nadal last year. He beat five-time winner Roger Federer in a final that lasted 4 hours, 48 minutes, had two rain delays and ended in near- darkness. It took three years to build the retractable roof over Centre Court. To contact the reporter on this story: Danielle Rossingh in London at drossingh@bloomberg.net Last Updated: February 24, 2009 07:17 EST -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 155.91.45.231 ※ 編輯: milkatsai 來自: 155.91.45.231 (02/25 09:50)

02/25 15:19, , 1F
希望衛視會轉播
02/25 15:19, 1F

02/25 15:51, , 2F
不可能吧??
02/25 15:51, 2F

02/26 21:51, , 3F
天啊,不能去現場(哭哭)
02/26 21:51, 3F
文章代碼(AID): #19fAEBPD (Agassi)