[news]

看板ALL-RUSSIANS作者 (瑪麗娜‧卡恩)時間21年前 (2003/02/21 20:09), 編輯推噓3(300)
留言3則, 3人參與, 最新討論串1/1
Yevgeny Kafelnikov back in the swing This evening Yevgeny Kafelnikov (29) meets his six-year younger compatriot Marat Safin. At stake is a place in the quarter-finals. But above all this match is about pride. Last Tuesday you celebrated your birthday in Ahoy?; did you treat everyone? K:No, but I did get a birthday present from my opponent, the Spaniard Feliciano Lopez: he only won two games. How old is 29 for a tennis professional? K:Some people say it's not so old; I myself think it's an age when your best days are behind you. But that doesn't mean I don?t have any energy left. When you played in Rotterdam last year, you said, "I feel old and I'm ready to retire."? K:Yes, I did say that. I was thinking of ending my career at the time. And now you?re back here, looking healthy and fit. K:I changed my mind about stopping at the end of last year. After my operation for varicose veins and the rehabilitation period that followed I felt physically strong again. I reached the final in Milan two weeks ago. Although I was beaten by Martin Verkerk, my performance reinforced my feeling that I could still win tournaments. That's why I'm here. Had you stopped believing that last year? K:I felt weak. My injury was bothering me and I didn't believe that I would be able to get back to 100 percent after an operation. But in fact I've recovered extremely well. So are you reborn? K:Not exactly, no. But for me it's important that I can get through training sessions and matches without tiring too quickly. Now nothing?s bothering me and so I'm carrying on. How do you view your career now? K:I've had a very successful career so far. I have no regrets. What ambitions do you still have? K:To get back to form and achieve the level I was at five or six years ago. Last year you helped Russia win the Davis Cup; that was one of your main remaining ambitions. K:I've achieved all the goals I set myself. Now I no longer think about my victories or defeats; the only thing I want is to return to my old form. If I achieve that, success will come of its own accord. There's a report on the Internet suggesting that you are under fire from the Russian team. K:I don't pay any attention to what the Russian papers or other media say about me. Whatever I've done in the past for my country, they will never be gratefu l. They will always find something to criticise me about. Even after all these years. But tell me, where did that news come from? The former Russian top player Alex Metreveli. K:Ah, then I understand everything. But you weren't selected for the singles against the Czech Republic. K:I withdrew voluntarily because I didn't feel fully fit. It was my own decision. I decide for myself whether or not I play. In last year's final against France I did the same thing when the score was 2-2. I let Youzhny take my place, because I wasn't 100 percent. I felt he had a better chance. I took that responsibility. That is a decision that shows maturity. K:Sure. I'm very honest. If I think I'm not ready to play, I hand over to someone else. What did that victory in the Davis Cup mean for you? K:We Russians have been successful in tennis for many, many years, but we had never won the Davis Cup. Now that we have, it's very satisfying. Including for me personally, because for years I've put my country before myself. Even though your role in the final was limited. K:It's a team competition. The Russian team consists of four players and a captain, who are all striving to achieve the same goal: winning the Davis Cup. I couldn't name anyone who played a bigger or smaller part in the team than the others. How do you look at the match against Marat Safin? K:The way I look at every match. There's nothing particularly different about it. 這是老卡對戰Safin前一天所接受的訪問。 來源網址:http://www.abnamrowtt.nl/index.asp?lan=eng -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.csie.ntu.edu.tw) ◆ From: 61.230.111.151 ※ 編輯: maria08452 來自: 61.230.111.151 (02/21 20:09)

推 61.225.202.49 02/21, , 1F
老卡真的很討厭媒體...
推 61.225.202.49 02/21, 1F

推 61.64.102.144 02/21, , 2F
他超討厭
推 61.64.102.144 02/21, 2F

推 61.70.91.11 02/22, , 3F
老卡可說是痛恨媒體
推 61.70.91.11 02/22, 3F
文章代碼(AID): #-LXRthg (ALL-RUSSIANS)