[轉錄][外絮] Michael Jordan: I Wanna Be Like Wilt …

看板AIR_JORDAN作者 (無)時間13年前 (2010/09/10 19:42), 編輯推噓0(000)
留言0則, 0人參與, 最新討論串1/1
※ [本文轉錄自 NBA 看板 #1CV9rUZw ] 作者: sinrong (欣欣向榮) 看板: NBA 標題: [外絮] Michael Jordan: I Wanna Be Like Wilt Chamberlain (not "L 時間: Tue Aug 31 14:12:41 2010 原文連接 http://0rz.tw/eOAkb By Richard JT (Contributor) on August 29, 2010 新手翻譯 有些蒟蒻很硬 還請板友指正 感謝 Orz 原文真是又長又戰..咳..我是說用詞艱深 Michael Jordan: I Wanna Be Like Wilt Chamberlain (not "Like Mike") Yes, I wanna (We all should) be like him, the man who claimed to bedded 20.000 womens, the man who holds multiple unbreakable NBA record, the man who was nice , if not the nicest player of all time in the history of NBA. 對,我希望(我們都希望要)像他一樣--那位號稱睡過20000人的,握有一堆難以被打破的 NBA紀錄的男人,他是一位好人,雖然算不上不是NBA史上最好的人。 (譯:縱觀全文 單'好'一字感覺難以涵蓋全意 似乎直接用nice好些) Unfortunately, I've seen so many so called basketball fans these days don't give him credit he deserves, make no mistake, knowing what kind of basketball fans these days are (thanks to ESPN) it doesn't surprise me, at all. 不幸的是,我看過太多今日所謂的'籃球迷'並沒有給予他應有的讚譽,請不要誤會,當你得 知了這些今日球迷的本質后(感謝ESPN)。你會全然的感到嗯..不意外啊。(  ̄ c ̄)y▂ξ I respect Jordan's skills and achievements and i consider him as one of the greatest (but NOT the Greatest) but i just dont like him. He was an OVERHYPED, pampered marketing tool used by David $tern and corporate America. (譯:原文就是用$...Orz) 儘管我敬佩Jordan的能力和成就同時我也認為他是最偉大的球員之一(但不是最偉大),但我 不喜歡他。他是一位言過其實的,且被$tern和美國公司嬌生慣養的營銷工具。 Deconstructing Jordan: 解構Jordan的文章 http://www.providencephoenix.com/archive/features/99/01/21/MJ.html "If [sports stars] can sell these wares with the power of their personas, they also can sell civic responsibility with the power of their personas." ---Jesse Jackson 如果[運動明星]能夠以個人的魅力賣出商品,則他們也能夠通過個人的魅力為民權推動盡 一分力。--Jesse Jackson (譯:Jesse Jackson是提昌民權運動的黑人,也是第一個角逐美國總統大選的黑人。上述句 子1996年發表在華盛頓郵報 相關內容請參考http://0rz.tw/faxDc 此處引用的意思我想應 該是指Jordan在很多方面並沒有發揮他身為運動明星的影響力如同Hodges and Polynice一 樣為民權或是其他方面作出更大的貢獻。) (QQ太難了啦 這句翻的超爛的 感覺不太對阿 那篇文章也很長沒時間看= = 有錯請用力鞭 阿..) Jordan's little gambling addiction: Jordan的'小賭怡情' http://www.disinfo.com/archive/pages/article/id1635/pg1/index.html Mind you, Pete Rose ain't going into the Baseball Hall of Fame because of his gambling problems. 讓我提醒你,Pete Rose因為參與賭球的問題而被排除在名人堂門外。(可參考MLB板) You say we should like this guy Jordan for WHO HE IS? Well, Jordan is a compulsive gambler, a marketing tool and numb to social issues. Is this really the kind of role model you'd want? 你說我們應該要像Jordan這傢伙一樣,究竟是怎麼個一樣法呢?這麼說吧,Jordan是一位強 迫性的賭徒,一個對社會時事不聞不問的營銷工具。這真的是你想要的榜樣嗎? (譯:下面的翻譯可參考文章#1CUrk1cz 小弟就不再翻了) Some quotes from "Air Jordan" 飛人語錄 "We're beating a lot of poor teams. So what? We won a lot of games last year, too. Will Horace and Bill still be playing at this level in the playoffs... Can Pip keep it up?" "I hate being out there with those garbage men. They don't get you the ball." "You're an idiot. You've screwed up every play we ever ran. You're too stupid to even remember the plays. We ought to get rid of you." - Michael to Horace Grant. "If you [pass the ball to Bill Cartwright], you'll never get the ball from me." "We're not winning because of talent. We're just beating bad teams. "Headache tonight, Scottie?" - Michael asks Scottie, while showing him his 2-for-16 line." "It's probably a twelve-day. He needs two days to wake up." - Michael on a ten-day contract teammate "He can't do anything with the ball. Don't give it to him." - Michael yelling at Paxson who passed the ball to Purdue "You ever hear of a guy, six-eleven maybe and two hundred sixty pounds, a guy big and fat like that and he can't get but two rebounds, if that many, running all over the damn court and he gets two rebounds? Big guy like that and he gets one rebound. Can't even stick his **** into people and get more than that ...Big, fat, fat guy. One rebound in three games. Power forward. Maybe they should call it powerless forward." - Michael ripping Stacey King a new one "He was scared in there and panicking. He just lost it when Stockton scored." - Michael on B.J. Armstrong's mental fragility." "They don't need a ticket to watch you sitting on the bench. They can go to your house for that." - Michael to Charles Davis who was sorting through his tickets for his family and friends. "Give me the ******* ball." - Michael to Doug Collins who drew up a play for Dave Corzine. "If I were a general manager, we'd be a better team." ( Wizards? Bobcats? ) Good role model, eh? 好榜樣啊,唔? Wilt on the otherhand was a very nice guy, so outgoing and friendly....but I've heard some guys saying "How can a guy who claimed to bedded 20.000 womens is nice?" 相對來說Wilt是一位非常正直的,直率的,友善的...等等我怎麼好像聽到有些人在說話:"號 稱睡過20000個女人的傢伙是會有多正直?" Well, I'll tell you the truth about it.... 讓我來告訴你哪些是真實的吧.... Wilt said he believed that there was no way he could promise to remain faithful to one woman for an entire lifetime. He looked at marriage as something sacred , and something which he felt he could not live up to the necessary vows. Wilt曾說過他認為在他的一生裏他無法對一位女人作出永遠忠貞的承諾。他視婚姻為一種 神聖的,且是一種無法辜負的必要誓言。 The 20,000 figure was hyperbole. the 20,000 number he basically explained it this way: "If I said I've slept with a lot of women, what would that mean to someone? To some guys, ten is a lot of women...to some guys, TWO is a lot of women... I just used the 20,000 number to explain that I've been with more women that the average guy can possibly imagine". Chamberlain was a complicated individual. And he compartmentalized his life in such a way that he would share part of his life with some people, and part of his life with others... but he was never comfortable opening up his whole life to any one person. 20000這數字是誇張的。對於20000這個數字基本上他的解釋是這樣的:"我如果說我和很多 女人睡過,大家對很多的概念是什麼?對一些人來說10是很多...對另一些人來說2也是很多 ...我只是通過'20000'這個數字來表達和我睡過的女人是超過常人能夠想象的。" Chamberlain是位難以讓人輕易了解的人。他將他的生活分隔成不同部分與不同的人分享 ....但是他從來都無法自在的將他的完整生活分享給任何一人。 But the number was an exaggeration, kind of like you or I saying "I've seen that rerun a million times". 所以這數字是一種誇大,就像你或我說:"我都已經看過重播10000次了" (譯:跪求rerun正解..... 唐伯虎點秋香/九品芝麻官/賭神系列加起來不知道有沒有....) He also never knowningly slept with a woman if (1) he knew she was married or (2) he knew one of his teammates had gotten to her first. 他從不曾故意的和 (1)他知道她已婚 (2)他的隊友先到手的 女人上過床。 Wilt's books Wilt寫的書 (譯:書名就不翻了) "Wilt: Just Like Any Other 7 Foot Black Millionaire Who Lives Next Door" (now out of print) (現已絕版) "A View From Above" (contained the 20,000 remark) 號稱20000人斬的出處 "Who's Running The Asylum" (explains the 20,000 remark) 對20000人斬的解釋 (譯:第一本Amazon上買的到) and his posthumous biography "Wilt: Larger Than Life" , are four of the best basektball books ever written by or about a professional basketball player. 以上三本書以及他身後出版的自傳"Wilt: Larger Than Life",在由職業籃球員或是由有關 人士寫出的籃球書籍裏面這四本書籍是其中最好的。 The first three were written by Wilt himself. 前三本是Wilt自己寫的。 (譯:第一本作者還有David Shaw 可能是Ghost 板眾:你看電影看太多哦...) Also, "The Rivalry" is a fantastic book which covers the rivalry and post-rivalry lives of the greatest individual matchup in the history of team sports: Chamberlain vs. Russell. It is the first such book to specifically cover that topic. 同樣的,"The Rivalry"是一本精彩的書籍它詳述了團隊運動史上最偉大的對決組合: Chamberlain vs. Russell 之間的對決以及對決以外的生活。這是第一本能夠如此具體 涵蓋相關題材的書。 And of course, it's always better not to have kids in the first place than it is to have kids and not be a father (a la Michael Jordan) 當然,最好的方式就是一開始就沒有孩子,總比有了孩子卻不好好當個爸爸來得好。(按照 Michael Jordan的風格) In another book ("Whos' Running the Asylum?") following his "View From Above", he also wrote the following: 在另外一本書("Whos' Running the Asylum?")通過他的"另一種觀點",他提到了: "I feel that I owe a sincere apology to any of my readers, fans or friends who may have thought that I used my ("View From Above") book in bad taste in order to glorify my sexual exploits. That was never my purpose. I especially apologize if I have offended, even slightly, any of the women I now know, or those I have known. Though many among you were, in appearance, "a number", none of you were ever just a number to me". "對於那些認為我在我("另一種觀點")所寫的書中作出誇耀性方面的事跡的低俗行為,我想 我欠我的所有讀者,粉絲和朋友一個真誠的道歉。這從來都不是我的目的。我特別想要對於 那些曾被我冒犯造成任何傷害的女性道歉,包括我現在知道的或是我已經知道的。雖然你 們之中大部分被標為'數字',但對我而言你們都不僅僅是'數字'。" Here's another interesting story about him... 這是另外一個跟他有關的精彩故事... One of the kinder superstars in NBA history was Wilt Chamberlain. He gave away tons of money to charities through the years, and left a considerable amount to charities in his will. He was also very giving of his time, not only while still an active player, but also throughout his retirement. One reason his autograph was not worth as much as a lot of other athletes (relative to their accomplishments) is that he signed autographs for just about everyone who ever asked him over the years. Wilt是NBA歷史上其中一位兒童巨星。他每年都捐大筆金額給慈善機構,他的遺囑也給這些 慈善組織留下了相當可觀的金額。他一生中都很慷慨,不管是當球員的時候或是退休後。相 較其他選手(以相同的成就來比較)他的親筆簽名都不值錢,因為他總是來者不拒。 He was usually not that good with answering mail. He'd get around to it, but it usually took a while. 他對於回復郵件也不是很在行。他會試著解決,不過通常都要花上好些時間。 One of Wilt's teammates was a fellow by the name of Paul Arizin. Wilt其中一個隊友是Paul Arizin。 Arizin was a great player in his time (career 1951-62) and is a Hall of Famer, in addition to being a top 50 player (as selected in 1996). He played 12 seasons, averaged 17 ppg as a rookie and more than 20 ppg in each of his other 11 seasons. Arizin在他的時代是一位偉大的球員(生涯1951~62),名人堂成員,96年獲選為50大球星。出 賽12個賽季,菜鳥年場均17分,其餘11季場均超過20分。 (譯:Paul Arizin 跳投之父 於當時(50年代)雙手胸前投籃流行中 創造跳投技術 同樣一堆鬼神紀錄 患有先天性哮喘 於2006年辭世) In 1993, Arizin's granddaughter Stephanie, unbeknownst to her family, wrote a letter to Wilt asking for an autograph. Stephanie was then 11 years old. 在1993年時,Arizin只有11歲的孫女Stephanie,瞞著家人寫了一封信給Wilt向他要親筆簽名She had written to Wilt in care of the Lakers, and the letter was forwarded to the office of Wilt's attorney and best friend, Sy Goldberg. But because Goldberg's office had moved and Wilt was often inattentive to his mail, the letter was not even opened for THREE years. 她出於對湖人的關心寫信給Wilt,信件被轉寄到Wilt律師同時也是他的好友Sy Goldberg 的辦公室。但是Goldberg的辦公室已經搬離同時Wilt對於郵件往往沒有注意,長達三年的時 間郵件都沒有被打開。 When Wilt finally got around to reading it, he immediately called the then-14-year-old Stephanie in suburban Philadelphia, and Wilt and the young girl quickly established an unusual rapport. 最後Wilt終于打開了那封信,他立即給住在住在費城郊區的14歲的Stephanie打了通電話, 然後Wilt和Stephanie很快的建立了非一般的密切關係。 Wilt later called Stephanie's father (the son of his former teammate Paul) at work to tell him how much he had enjoyed talking to Stephanie and apologized that it had taken him so long to respond. "She must have thought I was such a jerk, not answering a little girl's request," Wilt said... "I had to call her up and let her know what happened." Wilt之後打給了正在工作的Stephanie的父親(他前隊友Paul的兒子)說他和Stephanie談得 很投趣並為讓他苦等答覆感到抱歉。"她一定認為我是個混蛋,居然不回復一個小女孩的要 求,"Wilt說到..."我必須打給她並告訴她事情的經過。" It was then that Michael Arizin (Stephanie's father and Paul's son) informed Wilt that, only a week before, Stephanie had been diagnosed with a brain tumor and had been given 12 to 18 months to live. She had never mentioned the illness in her conversations with Wilt. Michael Arizin(Stephanie之父,Paul之子)告知Wilt,在他和Stephanie見面後一星期, Stephanie被診斷患有腦部腫瘤,剩1年到1年半的時間。在她與Wilt的談話中她沒有提到她 的病情。 Wilt promised to stay in touch with Stephanie on a regular basis. True to his word, Wilt spoke to Stephanie Arizin almost every Friday, often for an hour, during the last 15 months of her life. On July 30, 1997, Stephanie passed away at age 16. Wilt承諾通過定時的與Stephanie聯絡來陪伴她。他沒有食言,在她生命中最後15個月中 Wilt幾乎每個星期五與Stephanie談話,每次都近乎一小時。1997年7月30日,16歲的 Stephanie離世。 Right after her death, Wilt, who was to live little more than two more years himself, sent this telegram: 在她離世後不久,也將在兩年多后離世的Wilt拍了封電報: To the Arizin family: My sincerest condolences. I am here for you, all of you, if ever I am needed. I may have tears in my eyes... I lost a friend who was full of strength and loved life passionately... From Stehpanie I realize that you're never too old to learn and never too young to teach. Her body may now be gone, but in my memory she can always be reached. I will forever rejoice in my memory of what she brought to my life in our very short time of friendship. Love and peace, "Dippy" Wilt Chamberlain 致Arizin一家: 我誠摯的哀悼。如果任何需要,我都在此,為你,為你們大家。我盈眶泛淚...我失去了一位 堅強的及對生命充滿熱情的朋友...從Stehpanie那我得知即使再老也能向人學習,再年輕也 能教導別人。她雖然離開了,但在我的記憶中她將永駐。我將永遠為我的記憶中存在著她在 我們短暫友誼中帶給我的一切感到慶幸。 無限的愛與平靜, '昏頭昏腦的' Wilt Chamberlain A great story. No one really knew about this until Paul Arizin spoke at Wilt's funeral and told everyone assembled there what had happened with Stephanie. 一個感人至深的故事。在Paul Arizin於Wilt的葬禮對出席的所有人上說出之前,沒有人真 正知道Wilt與Stephanie之間發生的事情。 In his will, Wilt left specific bequests ranging from $20,000 to $200,000 to close relatives, $50,000 each to Overbrook High School and the Sonny Hill Basketball League in Philly, and $100,000 to Operation Smile, a nonprofit group of doctors who perform reconstructive surgery on indigent children in the U.S. and developing countries. 在他的遺囑中,Wilt留給近親的遺產從$20,000到$200,000不等。Overbrook High School 及費城的Sonny Hill Basketball League各獲得$50,000。Operation Smile,一個非營利組 織,其組織醫生為美國或是發展中國貧困小孩施行重建手術,獲得$100,000。 After taxes were paid on the estate, Wilt also left $650,000 to Kansas University, and additional $1 million to operation smile and two million dollars to the Wilt Chamberlain Memorial Fund, a non profit organization based in Philadelphia. 為房地產繳稅後,Wilt還捐給了Kansas University $650,000,以及額外的一百萬給 operation smile,兩百萬給Wilt Chamberlain Memorial Fund,一個位在費城的非營利組織I think it can be said that Wilt's being such a nice guy affected his play on the court. Although he was as talented and skilled as anyone who ever player the game, he admitted that he often lacked a killer instinct out there (which of course, Russell never did). 我想可以這麼說作為一位善心人士Wilt在場上的表現也受到了影響。儘管他和其他球員一 樣充滿天賦一樣擁有嫺熟的技巧,他承認在球場上缺少殺手的本能。(當然Russell從來都 不缺乏這些) One thing that I always thought worked to Wilt's disadvantage was the fact that he was a genuinely nice guy... I mean, he had the temperament and demeanor of a David Robinson out there on the court... he liked people, and he really did care about what other people (and sportswriters) thought of him. 關於Wilt的不利條件,有一件事情常常困擾我,他是一個真正的好人...我是說他有擁有 David Robinson在球場上的風度和氣質...他喜歡大家,他也很關心其他人(以及體育記者) 對他的看法。 When Willis Reed was injured during the 1970 finals, and made his dramatic appearance in game 7, you could tell that Wilt eased up a little bit... Wilt was worried that he'd be labeled as mean if he took advantage of the fact that Reed could barely make it up and down the court. Russell said (rightfully so, I think) that if he had been out there, he would have run Willis into the ground ... and you can tell he would have, too... but Wilt was actually too nice a guy to take advantage of that... he'd come back from a career threatening injury that very season. 當Willis Reed在1970年總決賽受傷了,同時也成就了他於第七場比賽中戲劇性的演出,我可 以告訴你Wilt其實也幫了點忙...Wilt擔心外界會認定為他是利用Reed無法因傷而幾乎無法 上場的情況奪得總冠軍。Russell說(正確的來說,是我(本文作者)認為的)如果他在場上的 話,他一定會把Willis搞得筋疲力盡...你也許認為Wilt也會做同樣的事情...但是Wilt人太 好以至於不願乘人之危...他(Reed)剛從本季受傷中復出而那是一個干擾其生涯的傷勢。 (譯:1970年總冠軍戰 尼克對決湖人 Reed於G5受傷 缺席G6 Wilt於G6中45分27籃板 帶領湖人扳成3:3 G7 Reed帶傷上陣 麥迪遜花園球場瞬間沸騰。比賽開始,Reed走到中圈 和Wilt跳球,不可思議地在2米16的Wilt之前觸到皮球,並在罰球區頂為尼克投中了本場比 賽的第一個進球。隨後,他又在20英尺外投中本隊的第2個進球。這4分是NBA歷史上最激動 人心的得分,帶動了尼克全隊的士氣 最後113:99大勝湖人封王。 50大球星之一 也是Karl Malone進名人堂的引薦人 現在是黃蜂隊副總裁) Few quotes regarding of "Wilt's nice personality" 關於"Wilt是個好人的"幾則引語 "Wilt was so aware of his strength and was so strong that he would sometimes go up weak on a dunk or do a lay up because Wilt was actually worried that he would injure the defender or break the defenders arm or wrist had he used his full strength." ~Jerry West "Wilt非常清楚他的力量,強大的以至於他有時僅作出軟弱的灌籃或是上籃因為Wilt擔心如 果他用上全力的話會造成防守者受傷或是折斷手肘或是手腕。" ~Jerry West (譯:出之West之口...) "The best thing that happened to the NBA is that God made Wilt a nice person... he could all have killed us with his left hand." ~Jack McMahon "對NBA來說最好的一件事情就是神讓Wilt成為一位好人...他單憑左手就能電爆我們." ~Jack McMahon (譯:McMahon在NBA打過8季 效力球隊包括Rochester Royals(國王前身)以及老鷹 後成為 一名成功的教練 先後執教ABL NBA ABA 執教過大O 後來成為七六人的球探長 有一件很重 要的事情和他有關 也是塞爾迪克隊永遠的痛 86年選秀費城有狀元籤 他們對那年的選秀不 太滿意 他們認為Daugherty太軟 McMahon對七六人總管Pat Williams 表示過他不想要 Bias:「他身上有些東西我就是不喜歡。」他們跳過了Bias 最後的結果是七六人把狀元籤 交易到克里夫蘭。故事的主角是Lenny Bias。塞隊後來以榜眼選了Bias 我記得版上有文 章 一時找不到 文章看了會讓人掉眼淚...這邊就不寫了....或是有塞隊/七六人隊鐵杆球 球迷要出來講古 不要噓我啊...google文章很多阿 有人說如果有如果這篇文章的主角會換 人QQ... McMahon的選擇蠻讓人好奇 不過他已經於1989年辭世。) (上面這段有錯的話請指正 感謝Orz) Jordan was much more selfish. When Wilt's coaches asked him to score, he did. When they asked him to sacrificed his scoring titles, he did. Jordan fought any attempt to cut back his shot attempts. Read about Jordan's spats with Phil Jackson. Read about how he put down Tex Winter and the triangle! Even his own teammate Horace Grant said that Jordan cared more about his points than the team. If Wilt had that selfish attitude, there is no telling how many more points he would have. Also, if you take Wilt's scoring through the same number of career games, his scoring average is higher. Jordan相對的較自私。當Wilt的教練要求他的分得時候,他能過做到。當他們要求他犧牲他 得分王的頭銜是,他也能做到。Jordan則對各種讓他減少出手的企圖做出抗爭。也許你需要 了解一下Phil Jackson被Jordan噴過多少口水。也許你需要了解他對Tex Winter以及三角 戰術的輕蔑!就連他的隊友Horace Grant都說他更看重個人得分(his points)相對於團隊。 如果Wilt有這樣的心態,他想要拿幾分應該都不是問題。還有一點,如果將兩者的分數除于 相同的生涯出賽場次,Wilt的場均得分要來的高一些。 (譯:最後一點不太清楚 Wilt 出賽1045場 得分31419 場均30.06602871 MJ 出賽1072場 得分32292 場均30.12313433 照原作者的意思 大家都以1045場的分數來算場均 不過我不清楚MJ最後27場的總分 所以 沒辦法證實對錯 有請強者補充~) If Wilt was as selfish as Jordan, there's no telling how many more points he would have scored. 在強調一次(?) Jordan actually did average more FGA/game that Wilt over the course of their careers. Jordan averaged 22.9 shots/game over his career compared to Wilt's 22.5 FGA/game. Wilt shot a lot earlier in his career, but cut back as his teams got better. Jordan ALWAYS took a lot of shots, from day one to the end of his career. 事實上在職業生涯中每一年Jordan的場均出手數(FGA/game)比Wilt來得高。Jordan生涯場 均22.9次出手相較於Wilt的是場均22.5次出手。在Wilt的生涯早期他的出手次數很多,不 過在球隊成績提升后他減少了出手的次數。Jordan終其生涯一直都是無限開火。 Considering that Wilt shot 54% from the field over his career, it wouldn't have taken very many more FGA per game for his scoring average to surpass Jordan's. Had Wilt taken an extra 2 shots per game, that would have added 2 points to his scoring average (because he shot 54% from the field). In reality, even taking an extra 0.2 shots per game (i.e. averaging one more shot per every five games played) would have moved Wilt's average over Jordan's. 考慮到Wilt的54%的生涯命中率,不需要增加太多的場均出手數就能讓Wilt的場均得分超越 Jordan。如果Wilt每場多出手兩次,則可以增加兩分到總分中(因為54%的命中率)。實際上 僅僅只要增加0.2次場均出手(例如:每五場增加一次出手)就能讓Wilt的平均值超越Jordan Jordan's scoring average was slightly higher (30.12 compared to 30.07 for Wilt) because he hit one more free throw per game than Wilt did, in addition to hitting an occasional 3 point FG. Jordan的場均得分略高一些(30.12 比Wilt的30.07)是因為他每場比Wilt多投一顆罰球,除 此之外還包括一些偶然命中的三分球。 (譯: Wilt 生涯FTA 11862 命中 6057 場均命中數 5.796172249 MJ 生涯FTA 8772 命中 7327 場均命中數 6.834888060 MJ生涯 3P% .327 Wilt時代還沒有設立三分球制) The scoring average thing is not a big deal when you talking 30.12 compared to 30.07. Jordan had the benefit of knowing exactly how many points he had to score (and average) in his final season in order to keep his scoring average higher than Wilt's. 30.12同30.07之間的差異以場均得分來說並不大。特別是Jordan在其最後一個賽季出賽的 時候,他有一個有利的地方就是他知道自己需要得到多少分以便讓他的場均得分維持在 Wilt之上。 Had Wilt been worried about his PPG average ever being broken, he could have put the record way out of sight. But in each of his last two seasons, he took fewer than 10 shots per game (but shot .649 and .727 from the field during those two seasons). His .727 FG percentage is the highest ever for a season, and no one's going to touch that record. In his final season, Wilt still led the NBA in rebounding at the age of 36, averaging 18.6 reb/game, his second lowest total ever for a full season. 如果Wilt有擔心過他的場均得分紀錄被打破這樣的念頭,他應該可以把紀錄提高到讓人看不 到車尾的地方。但是在他最後的兩個賽季裏,他的場均出手數少於10次(但是命中率分別是 .647以及.729)。.729命中率是其生涯之最,無人能望其項背。在其最後一個賽季,36歲的 Wilt以場均18.6個籃板領先全聯盟,而這是他生涯完整賽季中第二低的。 (譯:此後37年間 僅92小蟲18.66一人超越過...而這是Wilt次低的數據.... 另外.729命中率也是聯盟紀錄 ) Wilt is a vastly superior rebounder, and while Jordan fans will point out that "Wilt should have more, since he is a center", I would point out that Jordan should have a lot more assists, since he is a guard, but the numbers do not support him. Wilt的籃板能力遠遠超超越一般人,當然啦Jordan迷會說"身為一位中鋒,籃板本來就應該比 較多",那我會告訴你Jordan身為一位後衛應該要有更多的助攻,但是他無法提出這項相符的 數據。 Wilt is one of the greatest passers ever at center, but Jordan of course wasn't a dominating rebounder. And while Jordan does have more 1st team all defensive selections, keep in mind that #1) the team wasn't created until Wilt's 10th year in the league and #2) Only one center is selected vs. 2 guards. 但是Wilt是最會的傳球的中鋒之一,然而Jordan卻無法在籃板方面取得支配地位。Jordan入 選較多次防守第一隊,讓我來告訴你為什麼#1)Wilt第10個賽季聯盟才開始選出防守隊 #2)中鋒只有一個名額後衛有兩個。 If Jordan were the greatest defensive guard ever, there would be a point, but he wasn't. 如果Jordan是有史以來最偉大防守後衛,我們可以繼續往下討論,可是他不是。 Jordan also received the benefit of rules changes that have been implemented to help offensive players, such as well-defined rules concerning zones, rules against hand checking, and flagrant fouls. 規則的改變與實施包括well-defined rules concerning zones, rules against hand checking, and flagrant fouls使得進攻者更加有利,Jordan也是其中的得利者。 Jordan was spoiled by the luxuries given to the modern player, such as chartered planes, first class hotels, superior athletic shoes, and modern sports medicine (and he still never approached Wilt's minutes per game!). Jordan benefited from the joke that has become NBA officiating, in which superstars receive preferential treatment, and Jordan has probably received more than any player in history. The steps and the fouls he got away with were ridiculous (not that it's Jordan's fault for taking advantage of that). Jordan也是一位被各種奢侈品如包機,五星級酒店,性能優越的運動鞋以及現代化的運動傷 害醫療等(儘管如此他還是沒能接近Wilt的場均出賽時間!)寵壞的新時代球員。他從球員生 涯得到了很多好處因此有人笑說其實他才是NBA的大咖,他得到了巨星等級的特別待遇,他的 收入大概比任何一位球員都來的高。他的無敵金身待遇真是荒謬(這裡說的並不包括 Jordan 從中獲利的吹判)。 (譯:聯盟持久王紀錄前五名都是張大帥= = ) If Jordan was so great that the NBA literally re-wrote the rule book trying to control his dominance, THEN he could call himself the best ever. But just the opposite happened. The rules were relaxed to help Jordan's game. (such as moving in the 3 point line because he couldn't buy a basket from out there). But in Wilt's case, the league kept rewriting rules to stop Wilt's dominance, there is another one of the rule changes attributed to Wilt. He was such a horrible free throw shooter, that he used to dunk his free throws. 如果他真的像球迷說的如此的偉大以至於NBA當局重新制定規則來試者改變他統治的地位 ,如此我想他才稱得上是最好的。但是實際情況是相反的。一些規則的放鬆使得Jordan能更 加輕鬆的控制比賽。(例如將三分線縮減因為他不能在更遠的地方買到犯規)。但是聯盟因 為了改變Wilt的統治力而不斷的制定新的規則,此外還有另外一個因他而重新制定的規則 。他的罰球相當糟糕,因此他直接將罰球利用灌籃的方式來得分。 (譯:NBA于79/80賽季開始有三分線,當時三分線的形狀和現在的完全一樣,但由于球員的技 術水平有限,很多人的遠投能力和現在的球員都有一定的差距,因此,三分球的出手次數和 投中次數都很少。93/94賽季在三分球榜上前五名的球員,平均每人出手次數為165次,最 高次數也只有292次。為了改變這一現狀,NBA于94/95賽季將三分線的距离縮短為6.70米, 結果該賽季三分球榜上前五名的球員,平均每人出手258次,最高的達到425次。這种人人 都能投三分的局面無法真正反映出一個球員的遠投能力,于是NBA聯盟在97/98賽季將三分 線的位置又挪回了最初的7.25米..... MJ:關我屁事啊 我哪裏有好處? ) ( 另外張大帥規則的幾項 : 1)擴大三秒區 2)offensive goal tending rule 3)底線發球傳球球不能高于籃板上沿 4)罰球時不准從罰球線起跳扣籃 上面有錯請指正 有漏的也歡迎告知 ) Wilt was capable of dunking the ball from beyond the charity stripe with hardly any running start unlike shorter guys like Jordan and Dr. J. Had the NBA allowed it to continue, Wilt would have been a 100% (or close to it anyway) career FT shooter but they stepped in and banned dunking from the freethrow line while taking freethrows. Wilt was forced to shoot freethrows just like everybody else. Wilt能夠輕鬆的通過在罰球線區完成的助跑並在罰球線前起跳將球灌如籃中且不同于射手 如Jordan,J博士等需要較長的助跑助跑以完成罰球線起跳灌籃。如果NBA允許Wilt繼續使用 這項技巧的話,Wilt將能夠成為生涯罰球命中率100%(或是接近100%)的射手,但是NBA介入同 時禁止在罰球時從罰球線起跳扣籃。Wilt只好和大家一樣在罰球區投罰球。 http://www.nba.com/history/players/chamberlain_bio.html (It's on the 7th paragraph!) There are no video footage of Wilt's feat because for one it was only in 1980 when Stern forced NBA owners to cough up the money for video cassettes to record every game of the season for posterity. Second, at that time in the early 60's, video footage are rare and even if they were, are not easily preserved. Third, the Lakers' Kangaroo Kid (i think Pollard was the name of this white guy) was already dunking from the free throw line although, he only does it as an exhibition during warmups. more than any player in history. Not to mention that the league did everything they could to stop Wilt's dominance (letting opponents grad, hold, knee Wilt) , unlike Jordan who received more preferential treatment than anyone in history. Wilt got pounded every night by the defense, and the refs let it happen. In earlier years, they did this to make up for the fact that Wilt was so big and talented. In later years, they did this because they felt sorry for Wilt because he couldn't shoot free throws very well. One ref told him, "Wilt, I know you get hacked every time, but the would be pretty boring watching you go one for two from the line every down the court." 難找到關於記載載Wilt比賽精華的影像這是因為一,直到1980年Stern才開始強制NBA各隊 老闆掏錢用錄像帶來記錄每一場比賽使得後人能夠瞻仰前人的風采。二,在60年代早期錄 像帶不普及即使有也不容易保存。三,湖人的袋鼠小子(我想Pollard應該是這個白人的名 字)已經能夠完成罰球線起跳灌籃,儘管他只在球隊熱身期間作出表演,但完成的次數比任 何一位球員都還要多,可是聯盟卻是想盡辦法限制Wilt的統治(放從其對手對Wilt又擒又抱 不時還有來自膝蓋的攻擊),而不像Jordan一樣的的受到史無前例的優惠待遇。Wilt每晚都 得面對無情的防守,而裁判們都視若無睹。在早期他們任由這樣的事情發生是為了讓平衡 Wilt的巨大和天賦。爾後他們這麼做是因為他們同情他在罰球線的表現糟糕而這歸咎於聯 盟對他的限制。其中一位裁判告訴他,"Wilt,我知道你都一直被對手來陰的,但是如果看到 你不斷跑過去然後輕鬆得分那這場賽事將會變得非常的沉悶。" We all know what happened to any player caught breathing anywhere in Jordan's vicinity. 我們都非常清楚任何一名球員不小心摸到Jordan毛的結果. (譯:翻的有點誇大啦 不過原文更誇張= = ) Chamberlain has more 60 point games than everyone else in the history of the NBA combined, and he's been retired for 34 years. He also has far more 50 point games than anyone else. He had almost 120 fifty point games, Jordan was 2nd with almost forty 50 point games. No contest. Chamberlain得分超過60分的場次是史上最多,而他已經退役34年。得分超過50的場次也遠 遠超過任何人。他有將近120場得分超過50分,Jordan是得分超過50分場次第二多的。無法 比較。 Wilt, of course, was the greatest rebounder in history. Wilt毫無疑問的是史上最好的籃板手。 Scoring: Wilt had six of the ten 70 point games in NBA history. 得分:NBA史上得分超過70分的10次中 6次是Wilt的。 Rebounding: Wilt had 14 of the 24 forty-rebound games in NBA history (others were Russell with 8, and Nate Thurmond and Jerry Lucas, who did it once each). 籃板:NBA史上有24次單場籃板超過40顆的其中14次來至於Wilt。(其餘的分別是Rusell 8次 ,Thurmond和Lucas各一次) Wilt had the only game in NBA history with 20 pts, 20 rebounds and 20 assists in the same game...a double-triple-double. Wilt是NBA中唯一一人完成過雙三雙(20分,20籃板,20助攻)的球員。 (譯:1968年2月2日,76人對決底特律,Wilt打出22分25籃板21助攻) Jordan was a good individual defender, but the nature of the game itself prevents guards from dominating defensively, because to dominate defensively, you have to shut down the middle, and guards just can't do that...neither can forwards. Jordan是位好的防守者,不過比賽本身的性質得以讓後衛不需要主導防守的工作,這是因為 想要主導防守你就必須有能力守住中鋒,而後衛無法勝任次工作...前鋒也不行。 Unless you want to have a free-throw shooting contest, Wilt would dominate Jordan in every category, even passing, as Jordan never led the league in assists. 除非你想看罰球比賽,不然Wilt能夠主宰任何一個項目,即使是傳球,而Jordan從沒有成為過 助攻王。 Those of you who wonder why Jordan retired when he did (in 2003)...here's the answer...in his final season, Jordan busted his a$$ to average 20 ppg... had he started off the following season and averaged 20 ppg after seven games, his career scoring average would have dropped below Wilt's. Jordan wanted to stay #1 in that category, thus his final retirement. 對於那些想知道為什麼Jordan在2003年退休的人...這是答案...在他最後一個賽季, Jordan的場均20分對不起他得到的薪水...而如果他接著參加下賽季開季的前7場比賽且得 到場均20分的話則他的生涯場均分數將會低於Wilt。Jordan希望能夠在這個紀錄上維持第 一名的位子,所以他選擇退休。 He's overrated in the sense that you can't really say that one individual player is provably better than everyone else who ever played the game. In Jordan's case, no matter what he did, there was always someone else who did it just as well, or better. Jordan doesn't really hold very many records for a guy who's considered to be the best player ever. 當你說出一位球員比其他球員來的優秀卻無法被證明時代表他只是一位被高估的球員。在 Jordan的例子中,各項比較中,總是有和他一樣優秀的、甚至比他更好的。儘管Jordan被認 為是史上最好的球員但卻沒有作為一位最好球員應該要有的記錄。 It's VERY safe to say he was the best player of the 1990s, and imo I don't think any player who's come along since is better than Jordan was (Phil Jackson has his reasons for saying Kobe is better or whatever it was he said, but I would not say that Kobe is better than Jordan was in his prime). 說Jordan是90年代最好的球員就不會有任何爭議,而90年代裏我找不出有比Jordan更好的球 員(Phil Jackson也許會說Kobe比Jordan更好或是說些其他的,但我不認為Kobe會比處於巔 峰的時代的Jordan來得更好)。 On the other hand, guys like Wilt, Russell, Jabbar, Magic and Bird have great arguments to be called the best player ever, and even Shaq is in that category. Bird is in this group because forward is by far the toughest position from which to dominate a game, but Bird was a totally dominant player from the forward position, the first such player in NBA history. 相對來說,像是Wilt, Russell, Jabbar, Magic以及Bird這些球員在競逐史上最佳球員的稱 號就更難分出高下,甚至是Shaq也是有機會的。大鳥具備競逐的資格是因為對於想要主宰比 賽的球員來說小前鋒這個的角色的挑戰是最難的,但是大鳥在這個位置上已經展現宰制聯盟 的實力,也是NBA史上第一位能有如此能力的小前鋒。 Jordan benefited greatly from rules changes and officiating. I should point out that it's NOT Jordan's fault that the refs let him get away with things other players would be called for... Jordan would be a fool to NOT take advantage of such a situation. But the fact is, Jordan was never so dominant that the NBA felt the need to re-write its rule book (as it did with certain other players). As I said, the rules were changed to make the game EASIER for Jordan, not more difficult. Jordan從規則的改變和officiating獲益良多阿。我必須指出的是裁判給與Jordan的哨音差 別待遇並不能歸咎于Jordan...當然Jordon也不至於傻到拒絕接受哨音差別待遇帶來的好處 。但實際的情況是Jordan從不曾擁有讓聯盟重新制定規則的能力(而其他的一些特定球員曾 經達成過)。正如我說的,對於Jordon來說重新制定的規則是讓Jordan更容易掌控比賽,而不 是更困難。 (譯:求解officiating 怎麼翻感覺都不好Orz) Jordan was an incredible player to watch. But he would be the #1 choice of a teammate among only a very small percentage of players in NBA history. Most players would much rather have played with Magic, Kareem Bird or Russell than Jordan, because all of those guys were far more unselfish. Jordan是位能讓人嘆為觀止的球員。但是所有的NBA球員中只會有非常少部分的人將他當成 首選隊友。更多的人願意和Magic,Kareem,Bird或是Russell成為隊友而不是選擇 Jordan,只因為這些人遠較Jordan來得無私。 But there's really nothing Jordan did that someone else hasn't done better. 你找不出一項僅有Jordon能作的好的而沒有其他人比他更出色的事情。 If Jordan did what he did in the pre-ESPN era, he'd be more forgotten than Wilt (not that Wilt's forgotten of course). 如果Jordan在沒有ESPN的時代達成他現在的成就,只怕他已經被大家忘記,比大家忘記 Wilt來得誇張。(當然不是說Wilt已經被忘記了) How good would Jordan be considered to be if there was almost no video footage of him? 如果沒有錄影帶裏的那些鏡頭,Jordan能有多大的成就? ESPN has been paid umpteen million dollars by NIKE to pump up Jordan as the GOAT... as long as the money flows, ESPN will toe the line. NIKE給了ESPN許許多多的百萬美金用以將Jordon打造成有史以來最偉大的球員.... 相信有了滾滾不斷錢 ESPN會願意繼續履行職責。 So Jordan won't be forgotten. Endless replays of his first round shot against the Cavs (along with the phony, inserted-after-the-fact "shot on Ehlo" call) have etched him into the memories of millions of people who never even saw him play a single game. Relatively little footage exists (or is shown) from Wilt's career, and almost nothing from his prime. More than 95% of the footage of Wilt that's ever shown is from his Laker days after he recovered from a knee injury that would have ended the careers of 99% of all the players who ever played in the NBA. (譯:;累了...中間這兩段就不翻了...) Plus, in Wilt's day, they didn't name shoes after players. 另外在Wilt的年代,他們並沒有以球員的名字來為球鞋命名。 If only Wilt had that Russell's "killer instinct", if only ESPN existed during his days, if only he has more rings, then there's no question who the greatest player is.... 但願Wilt有如同Russell一般的"殺手的本能",,但願ESPN只存在于他的時代,但願他能有更 多冠軍戒,然後對於誰是史上最好的球員這樣的問題就不會出現了... =============== 文章真的是夠他X的長 感覺原作者很多地方會被板友狂電.....論點都怪怪的 真的是有夠累啊 看來滿多錯的地方阿 還請大家不奢指正 Orz 直接End的板友 Orz....你該不會只看拉丁文吧.... --

08/30 04:01,
這算啥! 我有次坐火車買台北到高雄的坐票 到台南時一
08/30 04:01

秒就射了

下車就射了

08/30 04:02,
陣酥麻 就射了
08/30 04:02

08/30 04:02,
哼 不說了!!
08/30 04:02
-- -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 122.117.16.132

08/31 14:14,
看完翻譯部分 推大帥
08/31 14:14

08/31 14:14,
辛苦推 張飛打岳飛本來就很無聊 硬要比
08/31 14:14

08/31 14:15,
一咪理是一萬還是十萬@@?
08/31 14:15

08/31 14:18,
Wilt能夠輕鬆的從罰球線起跳灌籃
08/31 14:18

08/31 14:18,
這一段也太神了吧 不用助跑就能灌...
08/31 14:18

08/31 14:19,
媽阿好長的文章...先推
08/31 14:19

08/31 14:19,
我不相信
08/31 14:19

08/31 14:20,
翻譯推,至於考證,那還要翻其他文章,太累了
08/31 14:20

08/31 14:24,
辛苦翻譯推
08/31 14:24

08/31 14:32,
輕鬆的從罰球線起跳灌籃?不用助跑?不好意思我不相信~
08/31 14:32
^^謝謝你的疑問阿 我想應該是我沒有翻好 加了助跑 不知道這樣大家可以接受嗎?

08/31 14:36,
改規則那幾條不是因為George Mikan嗎?
08/31 14:36

08/31 14:42,
推 翻譯也太強大
08/31 14:42

08/31 14:42,
http://goo.gl/5dKK 看Free throw line那部分
08/31 14:42

08/31 14:43,
好長喔...
08/31 14:43

08/31 14:46,
裡面有影片的截圖 還有 不相信也不用噓吧._.)
08/31 14:46
Jotarun大大謝謝你的文章 好文啊~

08/31 14:46,
推翻譯!!!! 先推再看完XD
08/31 14:46

08/31 14:47,
噓原文,不是噓原PO ...對睡太多女人的人沒好感 XD
08/31 14:47

08/31 14:49,
睡一百 兩百個女人叫淫亂 睡兩萬個 就只是個統計數字
08/31 14:49

08/31 14:49,
但我也不信有人能從罰球線不助跑起跳灌籃
08/31 14:49

08/31 14:50,
罰球線起跳也蠻累的吧
08/31 14:50

08/31 15:00,
Wilt才是史上最強
08/31 15:00

08/31 15:05,
我以前聽人家說他罰球都直接砸籃框跑過去接起來再灌
08/31 15:05

08/31 15:07,
看來上古神獸不是叫假的 但MJ時期的防守也很tough啊
08/31 15:07

08/31 15:09,
(比起現在)而且MJ厲害不就在於以後衛縱橫全聯盟嗎?
08/31 15:09

08/31 15:10,
寫這篇的人真是非常非常努力的想證明MJ並沒有那麼好
08/31 15:10

08/31 15:11,
讓我看到後面反而覺得還蠻歡樂的 XDDD
08/31 15:11

08/31 15:18,
http://goo.gl/cBYO 本文作者很明顯是Wilt fans D
08/31 15:18

08/31 15:43,
Rock Chalk Jayhawk!
08/31 15:43

08/31 15:43,
我相信他可以從罰球線不助跑灌籃也 就算灌不到 跳到
08/31 15:43

08/31 15:44,
接進籃框的地方 用他的灌招挑籃就去就可以了
08/31 15:44

08/31 15:44,
慣招
08/31 15:44

08/31 15:45,
翻得不錯,辛苦了!
08/31 15:45

08/31 15:51,
辛苦推
08/31 15:51

08/31 16:01,
我只覺得這篇文章通篇只是硬要幫張伯倫護航而已 而且
08/31 16:01

08/31 16:01,
婊現在的球員婊更大XD
08/31 16:01

08/31 16:13,
4)罰球時不准從罰球線起跳扣籃 助跑2步就能灌?
08/31 16:13

08/31 16:16,
辛苦了 好累
08/31 16:16

08/31 17:26,
有心推
08/31 17:26

08/31 17:47,
真男人推
08/31 17:47

08/31 18:34,
辛苦了推一個(≧▽≦)b
08/31 18:34

08/31 18:50,
辛苦了 看完囉~~
08/31 18:50

08/31 18:59,
翻譯給推,但看到原作數字推論那邊很不認同,就END了
08/31 18:59

08/31 19:19,
還是覺得喬丹比張伯倫強多了
08/31 19:19

08/31 19:25,
不願意趁人之危和跟Jordan比命中率那幾段 挺瞎的...
08/31 19:25

08/31 19:33,
推你 但噓內文十分豪洨(每球都罰球起跳灌籃早累掛了)
08/31 19:33

08/31 19:55,
整篇→史騰造神 噓史騰
08/31 19:55

08/31 20:00,
翻譯辛苦了 內文寫來給大家娛樂用的嗎?
08/31 20:00

08/31 20:01,
辛苦了,內文的確如同原PO說的 又長又戰
08/31 20:01

08/31 20:03,
推翻譯。不過原作者某些論點滿薄弱的...
08/31 20:03

08/31 21:08,
推推~
08/31 21:08

08/31 22:10,
推辛苦翻譯
08/31 22:10

08/31 22:38,
父親孩子那段是說:一開始就沒有孩子,總比有了孩子卻
08/31 22:38

08/31 22:38,
不好好當個爸爸來得好
08/31 22:38

08/31 22:48,
應該是在諷刺Jordan的私生子官司吧
08/31 22:48

08/31 22:53,
never too old to learn never too young to teach
08/31 22:53

08/31 22:54,
白話就是即使再老也能向人學習,再年輕也能教導別人
08/31 22:54
感謝nin64板友~ 我也猜是私生子官司 只是不知為何原作跳針 Orz XD never那句我也想過用學習的 看來還是這句比較通俗阿 感謝阿

08/31 23:33,
外絮要推板上才會愈來愈多好文
08/31 23:33

09/01 02:32,
只能推了
09/01 02:32

09/01 03:52,
這篇回應異常冷淡耶...
09/01 03:52

09/01 09:10,
推上古神獸~
09/01 09:10

09/01 09:50,
史上數據最強本來就是張大帥 MJ本來就輸很多...
09/01 09:50

09/01 09:51,
不過我不知道張大帥是這樣的好人....
09/01 09:51

09/01 09:52,
說MJ對這個世界付出太少也許不算是很嚴苛的批評...
09/01 09:52

09/01 12:43,
這個作者很多都硬凹的 他怎麼不提抄截數
09/01 12:43

09/01 15:32,
說MJ 沒有哪一項是無人可比肩的也太可笑了..
09/01 15:32

09/01 15:33,
如果張大帥是季賽數據王 那季後賽之神就是MJ
09/01 15:33

09/01 15:33,
季賽是明星球員的舞台 而季後賽 就是超級明星的舞台
09/01 15:33

09/01 15:34,
這句話不知道是誰說的..
09/01 15:34

09/01 15:34,
我並不認為季賽數據無用 但張大帥史上數據最強僅存在
09/01 15:34

09/01 15:35,
於季賽而已..
09/01 15:35

09/01 15:36,
至少說Jordan沒有哪一項是真的無人可及 實在是很偏頗
09/01 15:36

09/01 15:36,
的說法 真要講這種說法反而比較像在說..另一個人
09/01 15:36
※ 編輯: sinrong 來自: 122.117.16.132 (09/01 16:22)

09/01 17:20,
同意樓上的 XD 這篇比較論點真的很怪..為鞭而鞭
09/01 17:20
-- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 140.112.115.224
文章代碼(AID): #1CYXcIsV (AIR_JORDAN)