[轉錄][外電] With ASG on line, A-Rod sits idle

看板A-Rod作者 (一生懸命)時間14年前 (2010/07/14 21:29), 編輯推噓0(000)
留言0則, 0人參與, 最新討論串1/1
※ [本文轉錄自 MLB 看板 #1CFRUQBk ] 作者: wolf3d (wolf3d) 看板: MLB 標題: [外電] With ASG on line, A-Rod sits idle 時間: Wed Jul 14 21:11:51 2010 With ASG on line, A-Rod sits idle (明星賽上線時,A-Rod待機中) Girardi elects not to use his slugger in the ninth (Girardi選擇在九局時保留他的強打) By Bryan Hoch / MLB.com (http://tinyurl.com/32v9uk3) ANAHEIM -- The 81st All-Star Game ended with the tying run at home plate for the American League and baseball's active home run leader on the bench. 81屆的明星賽結束了,美聯的追平分停滯在本壘,而板凳上坐著現役球員中的全壘 打王。 Alex Rodriguez, a three-time AL Most Valuable Player, said he was ready to enter Tuesday's 3-1 loss at Angel Stadium and had started to prepare in the sixth inning. But Yankees manager Joe Girardi never called his name, and Rodriguez was left to be an idle observer in his 13th All-Star Game. 美聯最後以1比3在天使球場輸球,三屆美聯年度MVP,Alex Rodriguez說他六局時已 經開始準備要參與這場比賽,洋基總教練 Joe Girardi 自始至終卻都沒叫他上場, A-Rod只能在一旁看著自己第十三次參加明星賽。 "We had a couple of situations where I could have gone in, in the eighth and ninth innings," Rodriguez said. "I felt good. I was loose and ready to go. I sat there for about three hours. [Adrian] Beltre had some good chances and that's all that's important." A-Rod 說「第八第九局,都有一些情勢可以換我上場,我心情很放鬆,隨時待命。雖 然最後我在那坐了三小時,但 Beltre 有不錯的上場機會,這才是最重要的。」 Asked for a particular reason he did not put Rodriguez in the game, Girardi said there was no injury-related concern with A-Rod, but rather with Beltre's left hamstring, which nearly prompted the Rangers' Michael Young to be added Monday as a replacement. 當有人向 Girardi 問到是否有特殊理由不讓 A-Rod 上場,他說 A-Rod 身體沒任何傷 病問題,反倒是 Beltre 左腳筋,差點讓他在週一時被 Rangers 的 Michael Young 取代。 "We were talking about pinch-running [Rodriguez] in a situation," Girardi said. "We also had a little issue with Beltre and we were concerned about his hamstring, so if we get the tying run on, Al was going to pinch-run and then go in [to play third base]." Girardi 說「我們一直在討論 A-Rod 代跑的時機,也很關心 Beltre 腳筋的傷勢, 我是打算如果追平分上壘,Alex 就要代跑並且去守三壘。」 With Dodgers closer Jonathan Broxton in for the National League's ninth inning, David Ortiz led off with a single to right field, bringing the tying run to the plate. 國聯九局時派上 Dodgers 的終結者 Jonathan Broxton,David Ortiz 一上場就打 了右外野的一壘安打,追平分順利站上壘包。 Beltre struck out swinging for the first out, and John Buck lifted a fly ball into shallow right field that Marlon Byrd couldn't catch on the fly. But with the slow-footed Ortiz running, Byrd recovered and fired to second base for the force out, and Broxton struck out Ian Kinsler to end the game. Broxton 三振 Beltre 拿到第一個出局,接著 John Buck 打了一個右外野較淺的飛 球,Marlon Byrd 沒接到它,但因為跑者是腳程不快的 Ortiz,Byrd 拿起球後迅速 傳向二壘封殺跑者,最後 Ian Kinsler 也因三振出局結束比賽。 Ortiz said he didn't know for sure why he was still on the basepaths, but guessed it might have to do with the shortage on the AL bench. Ortiz 說他其實也不太清楚為什麼他還要跑壘,他猜想應該是美聯板凳區人手短缺。 "I don't know, this is the All-Star Game and you never know what can happen," Ortiz said. "You don't want to waste a player with the situation we got caught in a few years ago. A lot of players were out already ... it's a situation you don't want to get rid of every single player. You just have to let things happen." Ortiz:「我也不知道,畢竟這是明星賽,你無法預測之後會發生什麼事,我們不想再 碰到幾年前那種情形,浪費掉一些球員名額。很多球員都已經上場過,這種情形不能 再隨便換掉任何一個球員,你只能見招拆招。」 Girardi had already used Ty Wigginton and Beltre at third base behind starter Evan Longoria. Girardi said that he considered using a re-entry rule to get Wigginton back into the game for Beltre. Girardi 已經用了 Ty Wigginton 和 Beltre 先後取代先發三壘手 Evan Longoria ,他說他有想用重新進場的新規則,讓 Wigginton 回來替 Beltre 守備。 "If Ortiz and Beltre got on, Al was going to pinch-run for Ortiz and Wigginton was going to pinch-run for Beltre because his hamstring is bothered," Girardi said. 「我本來打算,如果 Ortiz 和 Beltre 都上壘,Alex 代跑 Ortiz,Wigginton 代跑 Beltre,因為他腳筋有傷痛。」 Girardi said that he could have pinch-hit with Wigginton, but decided not to. 他本來也可以讓 Wigginton 再上來代打,但最後他沒這麼做。 "I could have, in a situation, but I was going to give Beltre his at-bat," Girardi said. "You can't really pinch-hit for John Buck and I don't have any outfielders left. So if the situation arose, you get extra innings, he would probably be my DH." 「當時我是可以這麼做,但我想讓 Beltre 打擊。John Buck 也不能換代打,而且我 已經沒有任何外野手了。所以如果我的想法成真,打進延長賽,A-Rod就會變DH了。」 Rodriguez said he hadn't been given an explanation by Girardi and didn't need one. A-Rod 說 Girardi 還沒向他解釋為什麼沒讓他上場,他也覺得不需要解釋。 "I'm happy for Beltre," Rodriguez said. "He got some playing time, and Wigginton. We have four guys out there. I think sitting out there for three hours, Joe probably decided it was best -- unless he really needed me -- not to use me." A-Rod 說:「我很高興 Beltre 能有機會上場表現,還有 Wigginton。我們那位置有 四個選手,雖然我在那坐了三個小時,也許 Joe 覺得這樣作最好,除非他真的有需 要用到我。」 When a reporter pressed him, Rodriguez reiterated that there were no injury concerns relating to his absence from the game, promising he'd be ready to play Friday against the Rays. Rodriguez also said he was not disappointed to be a no-show in the box score. 當另一個記者訪問他時,他重申他無病無痛,沒上場和那無關,他保證週五對光芒 的比賽會上場。他對自己名字沒出現在計分板上也不會失望。 "I started to get ready in the sixth, I don't know what else to tell you," Rodriguez said. "You must have wanted me to hit. It would have been fun, but maybe next time." 「我六局就開始準備啦,我不知道還能說什麼。你們一定很希望我上場打擊吧,因為那 情勢應該會很有趣,不過,也許得下次囉。」 The situation was similar to one in 2007, when NL manager Tony La Russa of the Cardinals did not employ his star slugger, Albert Pujols, in the AL's 5-4 win in San Francisco. 這情形和2007有點類似,當時國聯總教練 Tony La Russa 沒有讓他隊上的明星強打 Albert Pujols 上場,那場在舊金山的比賽,美聯以5比4贏球。 The game ended with Aaron Rowand flying out with the bases loaded, and La Russa said after the game he was saving Pujols in case the game went to extra innings. 比賽最後 Aaron Rowan 在滿壘時打了一個飛球出局。球賽結束後 La Russa 說他沒 讓 Pujols 上場是為了以防比賽打到延長賽。 Unlike A-Rod, however, Pujols was unhappy with his manager's decisions, and he voiced his frustration after the game. 不過 Pujols 不像 A-Rod,他相當不滿教練的決定,也在賽後大聲說出他的挫折感。 ---- 很快翻譯完的,也許忙中有錯,請大家不吝指正。 -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 114.42.22.245 wolf3d:轉錄至看板 NY-Yankees 07/14 21:12

07/14 21:14,
Kinsler被三振結束比賽 = =? 記者有看球嗎
07/14 21:14

頭推

又輸了= =

07/14 21:16,
Giradi黑暗兵法
07/14 21:16

07/14 21:17,
哈哈,Kinsler是被接殺,記者大概昏頭了,我只是照翻:p
07/14 21:17
※ 編輯: wolf3d 來自: 114.42.22.245 (07/14 21:19)

07/14 21:19,
on line =/= online
07/14 21:19

07/14 21:20,
07年ASG國聯先發一壘是???
07/14 21:20

07/14 21:21,
小王子
07/14 21:21

07/14 21:22,
那也是這幾年普神唯一被取代的一次
07/14 21:22