[譯文] A-Rod set for Friday debut

看板A-Rod作者 (Kuo)時間15年前 (2009/05/08 12:09), 編輯推噓0(002)
留言2則, 2人參與, 最新討論串1/1
NEW YORK -- New York Yankees third baseman Alex Rodriguez will rejoin the team Friday in Baltimore, manager Joe Girardi said Thursday. 洋基隊的三壘手A-Rod將在星期五(台灣應該是星期六)對上金鶯的比賽中歸隊! 總教練Girardi在星期四宣布這項消息。 Rodriguez had surgery March 9 to repair torn cartilage in his right hip, and has recovered more quickly than expected. The Yankees had initially set a target date for his return of May 15. 在今年三月接受右臀手術之後,A-Rod的復健進度遠超乎原先預期;洋基起先預設A-Rod 的歸陣日期是五月十五日。 A little before 5 p.m. ET, Girardi emerged from his office and announced to a group of reporters that Rodriguez would be back. Girardi, who had met with the media an hour earlier, had just gotten off the phone with Rodriguez. 在美東時間的晚上五點,總教練Girardi出現在他的辦公室並且告訴一群記者A-Rod 即將歸隊的訊息;而在與媒體碰面前一個小時;Girardi和A-Rod通了電話。 "He feels he's ready and we think it's great," he said. "It's great to have your No. 4 hitter come back. In a sense it's like we made a huge trade. We didn't have him the first five weeks so we're all very excited." "他(A-Rod)覺得已經準備就緒可以出陣,而我們覺得這是很棒的消息。" Girardi如此說。 "當你的四番主戰砲回到陣中,這實在是很棒的一件事, 感覺就像是忽然用一筆大交易得到的球員一樣, 我們從開季後五週都沒有他在陣中所以我們覺得很興奮!" Girardi said that after the conversation, he knew Rodriguez was ready to be back at the big league level. Girardi在對話後說了上述的話,他知道A-Rod對於在大聯盟出賽已經準備就緒。 "He's excited and I made it very clear that we miss [him]," Girardi said. "But as I told him all along, I wouldn't pressure [him] into coming back before [he was] ready. There was a buzz in his voice." "他覺得很興奮而且我也清楚的告訴他我們想念他。"Girardi說。 "但是如同我從復健開始跟他說的一致, 那就是我們不會在他還沒準備完成前就強迫他歸隊。" Girardi said that Rodriguez can play on back-to-back days, but that the team also doesn't want him to push it and force another trip to the disabled list. "We'll try to be smart about it and see how he's doing every day," Girardi said. Girardi同時說到會密切的注意A-Rod歸隊後每天的情況以免A-Rod再度進入傷兵名單。 Earlier Thursday, Rodriguez played what turned out to be his final rehab game, going 0-for-2 with two walks and putting in three innings of defense. 在稍早的復健賽,也是A-Rod最後一場的復健賽,A-Rod成績為0-2但有兩個保送, 同時也在場上守備了三局。 Rodriguez spent much of the rehab assignment facing questions about a recently released biography that suggests more extensive use of performance-enhancing drugs. But that will probably be overshadowed as he returns to the majors with the suspension of Manny Ramirez on Thursday for a drug violation. 而稍早爆出Manny的藥檢有可能會影響到A-Rod。 Rodriguez credited Dr. Marc Philippon, who operated on the hip, and Dr. Mark Lindsay, a soft-tissue expert who has worked with him daily in Florida, for the success of his rehab program. "They have worked [hard] with me," Rodriguez said. "Philippon did a good job with the surgery. I feel blessed." A-Rod也對於幫助他手術和復健的醫師表示感謝。 His return comes at an opportune time for the Yankees, who have struggled to find key hits. They're 4-for-32 with runners in scoring position during a four-game slide, and their 13-14 start after a big offseason spending spree has already put some heat on Girardi and GM Brian Cashman. 而A-Rod的歸隊對於洋基而言如同久旱逢甘霖,最近四戰洋基在得點圈的表現是4-32。 而洋基開幕後的戰績十三勝十四負使得總教練和球隊經理頭殼開始摸在燒。 "We need some more production on the offensive side and Alex is the guy who could do it," said outfielder Johnny Damon. "I mean, he's definitely one of the best players around. "Yeah, it would give us some confidence." "我們需要在進攻方面多點些柴火,A-Rod就是可以作這檔事的傢伙。" 洋基外野手Damon說。 "我意思是,他絕對是目前最棒的大聯盟球員之一。" "而他的歸隊也確實增加了我們的信心。" Girardi said he hoped A-Rod's presence will allow other players in the lineup to see better pitches, including slugging first baseman Mark Teixeira, who is hitting just .209 with 15 RBIs after signing a $180 million, eight-year contract in the offseason. Giradri也說到A-Rod的歸隊將使得洋基打線中其他球員可以有比較好的球可以打, 其中包括洋基去年季末簽下的重砲一壘手Teixeira, 而他目前成績是.209打擊率15分打點。 "I'm not expecting Alex to hit a home run every time and get a hit every time he comes up and every time there's a runner on he drives them in, but I know it changes the way a team approaches our lineup," Girardi said. "It makes our lineup deeper. He's a threat every time he walks up to the plate, there's just so many things he can do." "我不期盼A-Rod每次打擊都是好結果或者是都把壘包的跑者送回來, 但是我知道A-Rod的歸隊會改變別隊對付我們打線的方法。" Girardi說。 "他使得我們先發打線更銳利,當他每次站上打擊區就是個威脅, 總之他就是可以在許多方面做出貢獻。" Teixeira said he's been text messaging Rodriguez every few days during his rehab. "We're all excited, we've been excited to have Alex back since he started his rehab and started playing games in Tampa," Teixeira said. "He's A-Rod, he's going to put up MVP numbers every single year." Teixeira說他從A-Rod開始復建後每隔幾天就會傳簡訊給A-Rod。 "我們都覺得很高興對於A-Rod終於歸隊。"Teixeira說。 "他就是A-Rod,他將在這個每一年都展現出MVP級的身手!" Information from ESPN.com's Amy K. Nelson and The Associated Press is included in this report ●本篇文章翻譯自美國ESPN網站。 新聞網址:http://0rz.tw/mvRLg -- ╭ ◢ ═ ◣ theanswer3 ╭═◢█═◢██◣███◣════ ║ █◣█ ╰═══════╯◢██ █  ̄ ̄ ̄ ║ ███ ◢█◣ ◢█◣ ◢██◤█ █ █ theanswer3 ║ ███ █◢█ ███ █▌█ █ █ Φ ║ ███ ◥◤◥ ◥▌◤ ◥███ ▇▇▇▇▇▇ ▕ ▏ ╰ ◥◥◤ ═══════▄══██◤═══ theanswer3 -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 124.8.13.21 ※ 編輯: Kingkuo 來自: 124.8.13.211 (05/08 12:27)

05/08 13:17, , 1F
梭哈了阿
05/08 13:17, 1F

05/08 14:04, , 2F
昨天輸光了 T.T
05/08 14:04, 2F
文章代碼(AID): #1A0x1YST (A-Rod)