[新聞] A-Rod helps 18-year-old cancer patient have 'amazing day'

看板A-Rod作者 (dk)時間16年前 (2008/07/03 01:42), 編輯推噓6(600)
留言6則, 6人參與, 最新討論串1/1
A-Rod helps 18-year-old cancer patient have 'amazing day' By ANTHONY McCARRON DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER John Challis' eyes lit up and his smile stretched widely. He was behind the batting cage on the field at the Stadium, standing next to Alex Rodriguez and joking about how A-Rod was "an aggressive driver" on their ride to the ballpark Tuesday in the Yankee third baseman's navy blue SUV. "I like that," Challis said. All the horns and the traffic amazed the 18-year-old from Freedom, Pa., who was making his first visit to New York. So did the Stadium. Challis, who has been fighting cancer for more than two years, met Rodriguez and other Yankees last week when they played in Pittsburgh. He spent time at A-Rod's Manhattan apartment Tuesday and rode to work with Rodriguez, too, sitting shotgun as the three-time AL MVP negotiated Park Ave. and drove through Harlem. It made for an "amazing day, that's the only thing I can say," Challis said. "It's everything, plus more." It made for quite a day for Rodriguez, too. On the same day he and his new pal bonded, there was a published report linking him romantically to Madonna. Rodriguez wouldn't comment about that, but he had plenty to say about Challis. "We had a good time," Rodriguez said. "The funny thing is, he really thinks he's getting the best part of this, but I'm getting the treat, the blessing to be around him. It just reminds you of how blessed we are. He's so special. "I gave him a bat in Pittsburgh and we became very friendly and he said he wanted to come here. I said why doesn't he come to my apartment and come to the park with me?" The 5-5, 93-pound Challis has become something of a celebrity following an ESPN report and stories in the Pittsburgh papers. Challis, an inspiration to students at Freedom High, from which he graduated last month, pinch-hit twice for the school's baseball team. In one of the at-bats, he drilled a single, starting a chain reaction of cheers, even from the opponents. "My message is about people savoring the best in life," said Challis, who created a foundation to help kids with cancer - courageforlifefoundation.org. "Don't take anything for granted." He added, "Some of them realize one pitch or something can take it all away. Just like me - one day, you're whole life changes." Asked how it felt to hang out with the Yankees, he said, "Those are the kings of the baseball diamond. How would you feel if you met a king?" Still, he remains a Pirates fan. "I stick with the Pirates," Challis said. "But the Yankees are good. ...I like A-Rod. He's obviously the best in the game. He's a class act." Challis, who was wearing a No. 13 A-Rod jersey, toured Monument Park before the game with his father, Scott, and two friends. Challis, who tires easily, also napped on a couch in Joe Girardi's office. While Challis was milling around during batting practice, shaking hands with Girardi and GM Brian Cashman, the Stadium scoreboard read: "Yankees Welcome John Challis." Challis then watched the game from George Steinbrenner's box. "He has such a great attitude," Rodriguez said. "It's a time I'll never forget. I told him he's going to be a future Yankee or another Michael Kay. He's got great announcing potential, very witty." 結論:八卦退散,A-Rod是好人!!! -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 61.67.94.122

07/03 05:00, , 1F
A-Rod好人!
07/03 05:00, 1F

07/03 05:47, , 2F
A-Rod就甘心!
07/03 05:47, 2F

07/03 07:59, , 3F
A-Rod是好人!
07/03 07:59, 3F

07/03 09:50, , 4F
多點這種報導不是很好嗎? 也有正面鼓勵的意義
07/03 09:50, 4F