Re: [新聞] A-Rod, fairly or not, Yanks lightnin …

看板A-Rod作者 (牛吃草.就讓我把妳吃掉八)時間17年前 (2006/10/11 17:31), 編輯推噓8(802)
留言10則, 8人參與, 最新討論串1/1
※ 引述《hzc0725 (機車狼)》之銘言: : http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20061007&cont ent_id=1703784&vkey=news_nyy&fext=.jsp&c_id=nyy : DETROIT -- As the Tigers piled on top of each other after their most meaningful out No. 27 in 20 years, Alex Rodriguez was the last Yankee left on the field. 當老虎隊解決了20年來最有意義的的第27個出局數之後,A.Rod是最後一個離開球場的洋基 球員 : The All-Star third baseman was stuck in the on-deck circle early Saturday evening to witness the celebration. This, after an 8-3 loss that ended the season for the Yankees, favored by so many entering this Division Series. 這位明星三壘手上星期六下午的比賽後在旁邊的打擊練習區見證了老虎隊慶祝晉級,老虎 隊以8比3打敗了洋基隊,晉級下一輪的分區冠軍賽,也提前結束了洋基的冠軍夢。 : The hollow feeling of October has become unfortunate old hat for the gifted A-Rod, who went 1-for-14 in this series. 十月手感欠佳的天才打者A-Rod,此系列賽的打擊成績是14個打數僅僅只有1隻安打 : "It's disappointing," Rodriguez said. "You always want to do well. You want to go out and hit .500 and help your team move on to the next series. It just didn't happen." 「這個結果令人失望」「我每次上場都想要有好的表現,想要有高檔的五成打擊率,並且 幫助球隊晉級下一輪的比賽,只是剛好事與願違」 : Though the Yankees took a collective tumble in this series, particularly at the plate, Rodriguez, for whatever reason, fair or unfair, seemed to be a picture of the futility. 雖然洋基本季歷經了一連串的不順遂,特別是隊上的三壘手A-Rod,不管是哪一個球季, 不管這麼說公不公平,總而言之,他們所做的一切努力都落到一個徒勞無功的窘境。 : "I think the attention to him is unfortunate, I do," said Yankees general manager Brian Cashman. "I know he's trying, he's trying as hard as you can try -- probably too much -- and it works against him. He didn't perform this series, but there's a lot of : other people who let us down at the same time." 「我認為外界對A-Rod的過度關切是一種不幸,我真的這麼覺得」「我知道A-Rod一直都盡 他最大的努力,甚至可以說是過度的努力了,但表現出來的成績卻與他的努力不成比例, 這次系列賽他表現的不好,但必須要認清一件事情,隊上同時也有很多人表現的不好,以 致於球隊的成績跟著不好。」現金人如是說 : Typically a cleanup man, Rodriguez was demoted to the sixth spot in the lineup for the first two games, and then hit eighth in Saturday's loss. 身為一個天生的第四棒強打者,A-Rod前兩場比賽卻被調到第六棒,上禮拜六那場比賽更 是被調到第八棒 : The last time he hit eighth was some 10 years ago with the Mariners. 上一次A-Rod打第八棒已經是十年前還在水手隊的事情了 : "This time of year, you just move on," said Rodriguez. "I've got no one to blame but myself. Joe Torre's been incredible with me. You have to look in the mirror and address that." 「現在我們已經出局了,我只能責怪我自己,而Torre也一直都站在我這邊。我想我只能對 著鏡子發發牢騷吧」 : Again, Rodriguez was not the reason the Yankees lost this series. That blame couldn't possibly be put on one player, let alone two or three. A-Rod又再次成為球隊輸球的代罪羔羊了,但是球隊輸球根本不是一個人造成的,也不會只 是少數兩三個人的問題 : But there's no hiding the fact that he's in a big-time slump in the postseason. Dating back to Game 4 of the 2004 American League Championship Series, Rodriguez has five hits in his last 46 postseason at-bats. The Yankees as a team are 3-10 in that span. 但A-Rod季後賽總會陷入低潮是個不爭的事實,還記得2004年美聯分區系列賽第四戰, A-Rod季後賽在他當時季後賽中最近的46的打席只有4隻安打,此時洋基的成績是慘淡的3 勝10敗 : "Well, I think I certainly have to do well for this team to win. That's it," said Rodriguez. 「我認為我應該要做的就是好好打球幫助球隊能贏球,如此而已。」 : Is this it for Rodriguez in New York? There are trade rumblings already out there. This, despite the fact he has a no-trade clause, and four years left on his record-setting contract. It has been a rough year for Rodriguez, thanks to inconsistent play on : both sides of the ball, which made him a frequent target of the fans. A-Rod這樣做會幫助自己能夠繼續留在紐約嗎?現在外面有關於他的交易已經吵的沸沸揚揚 了,僅管他今年並沒有交易的權力,甚至要4年後才能夠成為自由球員。儘管今年A-Rod打的 很辛苦,但他堅守著一個信念:球是圓的,今天打不好,不必在乎球迷說了些什麼,再努力 就是了。 : "I'm committed to being part of the solution here, I believe I am," Rodriguez said. "I'm committed to come back next year and do it again. I sometimes sense that some of you guys [in the media] want me out of here. But, certainly, I don't want to leave he: re. I know I'm part of the solution. I'll just come back and work harder and be part of a champion. I know I can do that." 「我相信我該承擔一切的責任」「我明年一定會回到我應有的成績。我時候我覺得有些人在 媒體上放話希望我離開這裡。但是事實上,我根本不想離開,我也知道球隊打不好我真的 該負很大的責任,我明年一定會打的更好,並幫助球隊拿下冠軍,我知道我可以的。」 : The Yankees knew that this wasn't the day to place blame at anyone's locker, let alone someone with so much talent. 洋基知道現在不是怪罪於球員的時候,即便是某位表現不好的天才球員 : "Never point fingers at teammates," said Yankees center fielder Johnny Damon. "These are the guys you've counted on all year. If there's any finger pointing , you can point it to our whole team." 「不要指責隊友」Damon如此說,「一整年下來我們都要彼此依靠,如果你指責某一個人,就等 就等於是在指責整個球隊」 : Rodriguez vowed to search for the reasons of his October struggles and try to get past them. A-Rod誓言要找出十月份總是陷入低潮的原因,並且要努力克服它 : "I've been successful in New York during the regular season," Rodriguez said. "Obviously, I have to find success in the postseason. There's a lot to be learned from guys like [Derek] Jeter and [Jorge] Posada and Bernie [Williams] and Joe [Torre], the guys: that have done it. It seems like they play so relaxed. Posada, Jeter, they had monster series. There's something to be learned from those guys." 「季賽時我一直都表現的非常好。」「顯然我必須要找出在季後賽打得好的方法,我必須 要向Jeter或是Posada還有Bernie以及教練們多多學習。」 : If Rodriguez looked tense, he didn't feel so. 假使A-Rod看起來似乎很緊張,但其實並沒有 : "I don't know how to explain it," Rodriguez said. "I hit some balls hard that got caught. I'll tell you, if there's a frustrating part, it's that I felt very comfortable, very relaxed. I had some good swings, I had some bad swings. That's a numbers game. : Overall, I wish I could have done better." 「我不知道這到底該如何解釋」「有一些球我真的有確實的咬中球心。老實說要是真的有 什麼地方是很令人感到沮喪的,那就是在這種情況下我內心仍然非常舒坦,非常放鬆。」 「有些球我打的很好,有些球也打的並不是那麼好。但說穿了,這也不過就是一場數字遊 戲罷了。」「總而言之,我也希望我可以打的更好。」 -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 125.230.29.62

10/11 19:17, , 1F
感謝翻譯!
10/11 19:17, 1F

10/11 21:40, , 2F
阿肉加油~
10/11 21:40, 2F

10/11 21:59, , 3F
numbers game是不是該翻成"數字遊戲" 也就是說雖然數據看
10/11 21:59, 3F

10/11 21:59, , 4F
起來不漂亮 但其實只是運氣差 真正打擊內容其實不錯
10/11 21:59, 4F

10/11 22:00, , 5F
一切都只是數據而已@@? (不確定..)
10/11 22:00, 5F

10/11 23:15, , 6F
應該是樓上說的,打得好壞,都是數字而已
10/11 23:15, 6F
※ 編輯: fiance0212 來自: 125.230.16.128 (10/11 23:55)

10/12 00:10, , 7F
A-ROD~~~~~~~~~~~~~! 加油啊你真是令人感動
10/12 00:10, 7F

10/12 00:29, , 8F
有看有推
10/12 00:29, 8F

10/12 19:03, , 9F
push
10/12 19:03, 9F

10/14 03:16, , 10F
加油
10/14 03:16, 10F