[譯文] Torre, Giambi counseled A-Rod

看板A-Rod作者 (Kevin)時間17年前 (2006/09/20 21:15), 編輯推噓18(1801)
留言19則, 18人參與, 最新討論串1/1
標題: Torre, Giambi counseled A-Rod Alex Rodriguez received some constructive criticism from his manager and teammates during his slump last month, according to the cover story in this week's Sports Illustrated, but A-Rod said Tuesday that he has felt nothing but support within his own clubhouse. 在上個月A ROD 大低潮的時候,他曾接受到一些建設性的建議來自他的隊友以及教練。 這是來自於一個運動週刊報導的。 A ROD認為這並沒有什麼,但是他覺得來自於自己球隊, 隊友的支持很棒 Following the Yankees' five-game August sweep at Fenway Park, a series in which Rodriguez didn't deliver any huge hits despite going 7-for-21, he fell into a funk on the West Coast. Rodriguez went 2-for-20 with 14 strikeouts against Seattle and Los Angeles, hitting what Joe Torre called "rock bottom" on that trip. Jason Giambi, according to SI, tried to help Rodriguez get over his slump by doing more than telling him that everything was going to be all right. 在洋基橫掃了紅襪五場之後,在系列戰中A ROD雖然21打數出現七安打,但是都沒有 打『大支的』(譯者認為:也太嚴厲了吧~XD),感覺他好像在西海岸打的畏畏縮縮的 A ROD在面對西雅圖以及天使隊比賽時僅僅在20打數中有兩安打,並且有 14K。儘管TORRE還是認為 A ROD是球隊的基石,GIAMBI 還是試著跟A ROD溝通觀念, 並告訴他應該盡力跳躍過這個低潮,而不是跟A ROD說這一切都會過去的~~ Instead, Giambi told Torre that it was time to stop "coddling" Rodriguez. Giambi had already gone directly to A-Rod during the Boston series, telling him that while hitting singles was nice, the Yankees needed A-Rod to hit the big home run instead. 大吉告訴TORRE說是時候要不要太過於『優待』A ROD了~ A ROD曾經在與BOSTON之 戰時,大吉跟他說:『你打安打是很好,但是洋基還是需要A ROD打個大號的全壘打啊』 Days later in Seattle, Torre told Rodriguez, "This is all about honesty. And it's not about anybody else but you. You can't pretend everything is OK when it's not. You have to face the reality that you're going through a tough time, and then work from there." Tuesday, Rodriguez said he couldn't remember the specifics of the conversations, but added that he has felt nothing but support from his teammates and Torre. 在西雅圖時,TORRE也跟 A ROD說:『這是關於一個坦率的事情,這不是關於其他人 而是你自己。你不可以表現的一副都OK的樣子即使那些事情都不OK。你必須去面對 真實的一面當你在經歷這樣一段艱難的路,並且從這裡做起』 星期二的時候,A ROD 說他其實想不起來那些討論的細節,但是他覺得隊友和 TORRE給他的支持是很棒的事情!! "Overall, the consensus was that I found an enormous amount of support," Rodriguez said. "More than I've gotten at any point in my career, simply because my struggles were so clear." "It was tough in a certain way, but it was more in support of him and what he's capable of," Torre said. "The tone I took with Alex was basically about being honest with himself. ... I like to watch body language and it was like he was making it appear he was OK. It's all right to hurt, and I basically said, 'I know how much you're hurting inside.'" A ROD說:『總的來說,我找到了一個很大的支持,遠比我生涯任何時候都多, 我的掙扎也這樣的清除了。』 TORRE說:『在某些路上你會感到艱難,但是更多的支持以及他自己的能力會OK的』 『我跟ALEX說的僅僅是一些基本-對他自己誠實。我喜歡觀察人的肢體語言, 有時後人表現出一副OK的樣子,但我知道他心裡其實傷的比誰都重!!』 Giambi stressed Tuesday that he wasn't trying to antagonize Rodriguez, but rather to support him and try to get him back on track. "It wasn't a situation where there was malice or anything," Giambi said. "It was just trying to find anything to help him out. ... I don't want to make it sound like we were fighting or angry. By no means was it supposed to come off mean." "I don't really remember; it was a long time ago," Rodriguez said. "My memory is pretty bleak. It's one of those times I want to forget anyway." 大吉星期二時也感到訝異(媒體亂炒果然都一樣!XD),他說他不是要去批評A ROD, 但是他希望A ROD可以更上軌道,而且支持A ROD。 大吉說:『 這不是一種敵意或是任何事情,我只是希望可以幫他找到一些東西, 發現一些事情.........我不希望會變成要爭吵或是生氣的事情。有時後 無意而變成有心的了....』 A ROD說:『我真的不大記得,有段時間了~我記憶不是很好,不管如何這時候也是 我不想記起的時候!』 If anybody knows about struggling, it's Giambi, who had a terrible, injury-filled 2004 season and a miserable first two months in 2005. "I've been there before; I've been in that situation where you're struggling and it seems like your world is coming down on you," Giambi said. "Sometimes it's nice for people to shoot straight to you and try to help you out. During that time, I was one of his biggest supporters." 假如有任何人可以知道那樣的掙扎,我想是大吉吧,他有段很糟糕的時候, 在04球季受傷,而且在05年開季前兩個月時候超低潮~ 大吉說:『我自己之前也有過,我也在那樣痛苦的情形中打滾過,那感覺就像 全世界都壓到你身上一樣,有時後其實如果人們可以直接針對問題點而試著幫助你, 這是很好的事情,在這時候,我是想變成A ROD一個最大的支持者。』 In the SI article, Rodriguez also wondered why players such as Giambi and Mike Mussina, who also make a great deal of money and haven't won a World Series in pinstripes, are given "a pass" by the fans and the media. 在SI的文章中提到:A ROD對於跟他一樣的的大吉以及MUSSINA,穿上洋基球衣後 一樣沒有拿過冠軍,但是球迷和媒體種是會『跳過』他們~~ "Mussina doesn't get hammered at all," A-Rod told SI. "He's making a boatload of money. Giambi's making [$20.4 million], which is fine and dandy, but it seems those guys get a pass. When people write [bad things] about me, I don't know if it's [because] I'm good-looking, I'm biracial, I make the most money, I play on the most popular team ..." A ROD說:『MUSSINA並沒有被批評,他也是拿高薪啊,大吉一樣也是,但是似乎這些都 被那些人略過了,當人們寫那些壞的事情關於我的時候,我不知道是因為我的外表? 或是我是混血兒?或是我拿最高薪?或是我是在最HOT的球隊中打球?』 Tuesday, Rodriguez acknowledged that being who he is comes with a lot of baggage. My whole situation isn't comparable; it is what it is, so you have to handle it," A-Rod said. "Sometimes it's frustrating, but you deal with it. God has blessed me far too great to start questioning this or that. With that gift he's given me, the expectations are larger and bigger than anyone. That's fine wit A ROD說:我不認為那是可以拿來比較的~事情有時後就會這樣,你必須去掌控它。 有時後事情總是令人感到挫折,但是你還是要去做。神已經很照顧我了,他給我這樣的 天分,當然我也會受到大家更多的期望和期待,這對我來說很好~~ However Giambi and Torre dealt with Rodriguez, the results have been much better. Since Sept. 1, Rodriguez is hitting .370 with seven homers and 20 RBIs in 16 games. As stacked as the Yankees' lineup is, they will need a big performance from A-Rod to do damage in the postseason, so his latest surge is good news for Giambi and his teammates. "He's been phenomenal; I'm excited for him," Giambi said. "This is the right time for him to come out, because we're going to really need him in playoff time. He's going to be a big part of this, no doubt about it. He's probably the most talented baseball player I've ever seen, and in playoff time, you can't replace that." 在大吉和教練和A ROD談過後,似乎有了好轉的跡象,從九月一號起,A ROD有著 .370的打擊率,七支HR,二十分打點,在他十六場出賽中。 當洋基有這好的先發時 ,他們也更加需要A ROD在季後賽有更好更強大的表現,他的好表現對大吉和其他隊友 來說都是好事~ 大吉說:『他有這樣的表現,我很替他高興。』『他是時候該跳出來了,我們真的 需要他,尤其在季後賽。他毫無疑問的還是一很大的一部份對球隊來說, 他也許是我看過最有天分的球員,"在今年的季後賽,A-ROD無可取代"』 文章來源:http://0rz.net/481UK ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~譯者imkevin~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 好長的一段文章,呼~~(擦汗中),其實看一下知道意思是蠻快的~ 但是想說要怎樣呈獻人物對話更好的張力,就需要想一下了~還加上打字不是很快~ 所以花了些時間完成,希望大家喜歡~整篇文章我最喜歡的是隊友友情的鼓勵 還有最後一句話:"在今年的季後賽,A-ROD無可取代"。對於媒體的亂炒 還是一陣搖頭啊~一樣~有錯請大家糾正喔~謝謝~~ Kevin -- 做任何事情要小心注意~~~不可以太粗心啊!!! -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 67.11.178.34

09/20 22:19, , 1F
"在今年的季後賽,A-ROD無可取代"
09/20 22:19, 1F

09/20 22:37, , 2F
"在今年的季後賽,A-ROD無可取代"
09/20 22:37, 2F

09/20 23:24, , 3F
"在今年的季後賽,A-ROD無可取代"
09/20 23:24, 3F

09/20 23:36, , 4F
"在今年的季後賽,A-ROD無可取代"
09/20 23:36, 4F

09/20 23:41, , 5F
"在今年的季後賽,A-ROD無可取代"
09/20 23:41, 5F

09/20 23:58, , 6F
"在今年的季後賽,A-ROD無可取代"
09/20 23:58, 6F

09/21 00:34, , 7F
"在今年的季後賽,A-ROD無可取代"
09/21 00:34, 7F

09/21 00:37, , 8F
"在今年的季後賽,A-ROD無可取代"
09/21 00:37, 8F

09/21 01:14, , 9F
"在今年的季後賽,A-ROD無可取代"
09/21 01:14, 9F
※ 編輯: imkevin 來自: 67.11.178.34 (09/21 01:47)

09/21 01:48, , 10F
"在今年的季後賽,A-ROD無可取代"修正錯字0rz
09/21 01:48, 10F

09/21 04:31, , 11F
"在今年的季後賽,A-ROD無可取代" p(._.)q
09/21 04:31, 11F

09/21 08:19, , 12F
"在今年的季後賽,A-ROD無可取代"
09/21 08:19, 12F

09/21 11:50, , 13F
"在今年的季後賽,A-ROD無可取代"
09/21 11:50, 13F